Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

You may be right about Miller's skill set but I love him as a 2nd rb take. If this class is as deep at WR as 9.95ers are saying I'd rather him in a 2-back class and get our 4th or 5th WR elsewhere. 

I guess the problem with that is there was talk that the staff is looking for a power back for the second guy but personally I think the big back thing is a little overrated. 

Same, we need speed. 

Mike at Night: Notes from the road on Texas targets and rising prospects

Spoiler

MikeRoach

— Texas has been on 2022 Allen offensive lineman Neto Umeozulu since the new staff arrived in Austin. While he's definitely feeling the love from Texas, the big man is still pretty wide open with everything. In talking to him today, he said he's hearing from a few Texas commits trying to get him to join them in Austin, but he wants to take his time with the process. Visits are going to be a big component, and he wants to take those visits when he can meet with the coaches. That said, Umeozulu said he might take a self-guided trip to a few in-state schools including Baylor and Texas. The Longhorns have the right blend of athletics and academics to win out in this one, but it will be a tough battle.

— We still hear Texas is in a good spot for elite 2022 safety Bryce Anderson, but they are starting to see some unexpected competition. While Texas A&M has been thought of as the primary competition, but Michigan seems to be lying in the weeds. A big reason for that is the presence of new defensive coordinator Maurice Linguist. Texas A&M was an early competitor for Anderson during his high school career and Linguist was a big reason why. Linguist was known as a top recruiter when he was at Texas A&M landing some stellar defensive back classes, and I'm hearing some growing optimism in Michigan establishing itself as a major contender. Linguist had a Zoom call with Anderson tonight and it sounds like the Longhorns will have to fight off another suitor.

— While out on the road this week, I've found some underclassmen I'm a big fan of. Texas has yet to issue a 2024 offer, but one kid I've been impressed by is McKinney athlete Xavier Filsaime. He moved from Florida to Texas a few years ago and has the length and speed to be a difference-maker on offense or defense. As of now, he's the first 2024 kid I'd put a stamp of approval on, but I want to share more young names as I get around and see these programs workout.

— I've been alluding to it a bit, but the commitment of Cade Klubnik to Clemson means the Tigers are in a great position for Spearman (Texas) athlete Brenen Thompson. Texas has been working hard on him, but he and Klubnik have been talking about playing at the next level. Before business picked up with Maalik Murphy, the two discussed playing together at Texas which gave the Longhorns some optimism. Still, Texas has an elite speed threat in the committed class with Evan Stewart and they are still chasing some dynamic athletes on offense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Hide contents

MikeRoach

— Texas has been on 2022 Allen offensive lineman Neto Umeozulu since the new staff arrived in Austin. While he's definitely feeling the love from Texas, the big man is still pretty wide open with everything. In talking to him today, he said he's hearing from a few Texas commits trying to get him to join them in Austin, but he wants to take his time with the process. Visits are going to be a big component, and he wants to take those visits when he can meet with the coaches. That said, Umeozulu said he might take a self-guided trip to a few in-state schools including Baylor and Texas. The Longhorns have the right blend of athletics and academics to win out in this one, but it will be a tough battle.

— We still hear Texas is in a good spot for elite 2022 safety Bryce Anderson, but they are starting to see some unexpected competition. While Texas A&M has been thought of as the primary competition, but Michigan seems to be lying in the weeds. A big reason for that is the presence of new defensive coordinator Maurice Linguist. Texas A&M was an early competitor for Anderson during his high school career and Linguist was a big reason why. Linguist was known as a top recruiter when he was at Texas A&M landing some stellar defensive back classes, and I'm hearing some growing optimism in Michigan establishing itself as a major contender. Linguist had a Zoom call with Anderson tonight and it sounds like the Longhorns will have to fight off another suitor.

— While out on the road this week, I've found some underclassmen I'm a big fan of. Texas has yet to issue a 2024 offer, but one kid I've been impressed by is McKinney athlete Xavier Filsaime. He moved from Florida to Texas a few years ago and has the length and speed to be a difference-maker on offense or defense. As of now, he's the first 2024 kid I'd put a stamp of approval on, but I want to share more young names as I get around and see these programs workout.

— I've been alluding to it a bit, but the commitment of Cade Klubnik to Clemson means the Tigers are in a great position for Spearman (Texas) athlete Brenen Thompson. Texas has been working hard on him, but he and Klubnik have been talking about playing at the next level. Before business picked up with Maalik Murphy, the two discussed playing together at Texas which gave the Longhorns some optimism. Still, Texas has an elite speed threat in the committed class with Evan Stewart and they are still chasing some dynamic athletes on offense.

Mike is unbearable to read. I can hear his heavy breathing and shortness of breath in his writing. 

Edited by utfan87
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

A cunning Linguist is always a threat. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Hide contents

MikeRoach

Jabba the Roach speaks

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting