Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

You know, at the time I thought this was coachspeak. It didn't make a lot of sense, but I figured it was just something he was saying. Now, I'm 100% convinced he didn't feel the need to watch film of the team he was coaching. 

I remember when he said that.  That was my first WTF moment with this guy.

It just kinda kept going downhill after that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Cade to Clemson

Seems like a good kid, I wish him the best. Ngl though, if he goes to Clempson and wins a Championship/Heisman while we're still wandering the wilderness...gonna get a little salty Sark didnt pursue him harder.

39 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

When you inherit a team as down as we were who put a lot of shitty play on tape, I can see why he did that at the time. Giving everyone a reset was probably a boost to guys who had underperformed. The situation is different for Sark, the roster is good and it is just a matter of getting the team to the next level. 

Nope. It was an utterly moronic move regardless. You still have to know your team even if they were bad and poorly coached the year before. 

27 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Did we have any actual confirmation that that wasn't just some coaching bullshit Herman told the media (and he actually did watch some amount of tape in private) or are people just taking what that dipshit said publicly at face value?

Granted, not watching any prior tape does seem very in line with Herman's personality.

Yes. The last 4 years of football at the University of Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ousux said:

Seems like a good kid, I wish him the best. Ngl though, if he goes to Clempson and wins a Championship/Heisman while we're still wandering the wilderness...gonna get a little salty Sark didnt pursue him harder.emoji85.png

I'm going to go ahead and say that would be the result of much more than Cade Klubnick's inherent football talent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Nope. It was an utterly moronic move regardless. You still have to know your team even if they were bad and poorly coached the year before. 

Yeah you might want to get a handle on guys like, oh, lets say Kyle Porter, Garrett Gray, and Nashon Hughes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I dig it. Got a sad feeling watching it though. Realized how little I've cared lately when I didn't recognize most of the players in the video. 

You're a recruiting board poster and you didn't recognize Chris Adimora, Casey Thompson, Hudson Card or Jerrin Thompson? You don't know what Bijan Robison looks like? Keondre Coburn doesn't stand out to you? Well, ok then. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I feel Mike Roach should be morally, if not legally obligated to make all of his post updates something food related. Breakfast Bites was so obvious I can't believe we haven't seen it before today. Mike at Night clearly has to fucking go. Does Austin have an Ike's Love and Sandwiches? Because Mike at Ike's seems like an obvious replacement. The only thing holding us back is our creativity, people. 

"The Final Bite" 

"Fourth Meal" 

If Roach started covering A&M: "Jersey Mike" 

• Haha 2

Just now, texifornia said:

Nick Harris dropped in an s6 CB for Brenan Thompson to Clemson. 

The question mark for me is that Clemson eliminated their track program. Does he not want to run track in college? I assumed he would be doing both and that seems like an easy advantage to point out for EVERY team recruiting him and against Clemson. I guess maybe he's not going to run track... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

The question mark for me is that Clemson eliminated their track program. Does he not want to run track in college? I assumed he would be doing both and that seems like an easy advantage to point out for EVERY team recruiting him and against Clemson. I guess maybe he's not going to run track... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Man, no track or swimming? They're really going for the football-team-with-attached-school vibe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

It will be nice when we get to the point of making offers to guys like Thompson and they commit on the spot.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're a recruiting board poster and you didn't recognize Chris Adimora, Casey Thompson, Hudson Card or Jerrin Thompson? You don't know what Bijan Robison looks like? Keondre Coburn doesn't stand out to you? Well, ok then. 

giphy.gif

I didn't say I couldn't identify ANY of them. After a second watch, saying I didn't recognize "most" was an exaggeration. I'll rephrase that there were several that didn't look familiar at all. Could have more to do with head/facial hair changes than my lack of familiarity though. Or maybe I'm just an idiot. If nothing else, I'm definitely not a katfid. So I got that going for me, which is nice

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting