Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

48 minutes ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

Was hoping to get Thompson. And doesn’t look like we’ll get Coleman. Any other speedy WRs to consider?

Jay Fair from Rockwall-Heath is a speed receiver. Has offers from aggy and Georgia. He ran a 4.42 before his junior season. 

That’s a pretty extreme exaggeration in regards to the pass to Dixon who barely had to break stride to catch the pass and didn’t have to go through the defensive player to do so either and then you are assigning blame to Eagles for not learning to adjust correctly to balls thrown 5 yards short to him on deep passes when he has his defender beat by 3 yards. Also balls being thrown short or behind him wasn’t an issue exclusive to Eagles. it plagued our entire WR core but yeah I’m sure Eagles was the reason we didn’t have an legitimate deep threat.

Eagles looked damn good in the Iowa State game, including that knee slide catch over his head. I think play design and QB accuracy would have helped him get better experience and more confidence.

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

You(/the pay sites) think Citizen is a priority for the staff over Miller? Intradasting.

GH seems to think the staff wants a bigger back, which makes sense to me

JW seems to think that the staff is recruiting Miller like they'd take his commitment right now 

Those two sentences don't necessarily contradict; they might prefer a power back, but won't turn down Miller if he tries to commit 

I think you want a power back on the roster to get tough yards in high leverage short yardage situations against good defenses. Bijan fits the mold, but he's gone after 2022

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

Damn that team does not look good lol 

23 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Yeah uh...can Maalik transfer to Mater Dei or something?

They also are going to have to play all of their games on the road due to work being done on their field.  

Going to be interesting times when that film comes out.

24 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I believe there is a subscription service to watch the games if anyone is so inclined.

I don’t want to buy this thing and watch the games, and then him decommit later on 

• Haha 1

For whatever reason, I thought Junipero Serra was a private school that can recruit. Guess its because outside of the odd LA or San Diego public here and there...we mostly hear about Cali players coming from the privates.

3 minutes ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

For whatever reason, I thought Junipero Serra was a private school that can recruit. Guess its because outside of the odd LA or San Diego public here and there...we mostly hear about Cali players coming from the privates.

It is named after a saint, not that weird. 

1 hour ago, ousux said:
4 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

Well there is another Junipero Serra in the Bay Area that upon quick google looks verrryyyy private. Alma Mater of another decent QB named Tom Brady.

I'm not a saint, but only need one more miracle to qualify. My first miracle was getting my wife to accept my marriage proposal. Now, I either need to start helping the poors or become a martyr if I want to be forever known as St. Reese of Laredo.

Edited by Reese Bennett
  • Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The DT from Florida we just offered just got a FSU crystal ball pick.

Tell me you're not talking about the 280 lb slot receiver/h-back/destroyer of man freak.

EDIT: Narrator: He was. No need to panic though. It's only a 4.

spacer.png

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting