Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

45 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

First of all, I know I shouldn’t have listened to the Horns 247 podcast(FCB and TE is a complete moron) Chip said something about Alfred Collins being the Defensive MVP this year and Estes brought up Juwan Mitchell, I nearly spit my coffee all over my truck!

The only way Mitchell could add any discernible value would be during one of his many attempts to target an opposing player he injured Spencer Rattler pushing Texas to a victory in the RRS in October. Outside of that? He can fuck right off and get in the transfer portal. 

14 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Without a doubt.  I’m an AT at a high school and I can’t tell you how many “college careers” I’ve ruined, even when same kid has played 10 varsity snaps in 4 years.  Every situation is different for sure but there’s effort questions in rehab just like there’s effort questions on the field. 

Wait, wut?  Some small Texas towns have shitty drunk doctors who are not surgeons that botch knee surgeries?  In some Texas small towns, the doctor is also the town drunk.  OK.  And some of the big schools have better surgeons who botch it too.  Pay your money take your chances.  

38 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Wait, wut?  Some small Texas towns have shitty drunk doctors who are not surgeons that botch knee surgeries?  In some Texas small towns, the doctor is also the town drunk.  OK.  And some of the big schools have better surgeons who botch it too.  Pay your money take your chances.  

I don’t disagree. But the primary complaint (from what I’ve seen) is that the Texas ATs/PTs/Docs didn’t progress him back through rehab on a prior to campus fixed knee like he feels they should’ve.   

Like I said above, every situation is different and every kid responds to treatment differently.  All I’m saying is for the complaints being thrown out, we don’t know the kids effort or attendance when it comes to rehab sessions, therapy sessions and whatnot.  Could be perfect, idk. When he gets on the field at Utah we’ll know based on his performance. 

3 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

I don’t disagree. But the primary complaint (from what I’ve seen) is that the Texas ATs/PTs/Docs didn’t progress him back through rehab on a prior to campus fixed knee like he feels they should’ve.   

Can you splain better Lucy ???

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, trythisathome said:

How is this board still at the point where we're discussing literally anything Ketchum says at all? He's wrong about fucking everything. Hell, I move that we ban posting Orangebloods content here all together.  

The only reason I posted it was for the comment about it being a one QB class. I’d rather give the context than misquote like what often happens. Trust me, I spare the board from a lot of OB stuff but if there’s a useful anecdote I’ll share

Edited by Bodacious Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Like I said above, every situation is different and every kid responds to treatment differently.  All I’m saying is for the complaints being thrown out, we don’t know the kids effort or attendance when it comes to rehab sessions, therapy sessions and whatnot.  Could be perfect, idk. When he gets on the field at Utah we’ll know based on his performance. 

God Bless JQJ.  I am sorry if he had a botched knee surgery in high school.  I am not going to spend one more minute worried about him or Jalen Milroe (who was not injured).  Much love to JQJ at Utah.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, Machinator said:

CJ Vogel on Duncanville

Hide contents

Yesterday, I was over at Duncanville to check in on a number of the state’s best that put on the Panther uniform in the fall.

After talking with Cameron Williams and Jaylen Early, it sounds as though Texas is not pursuing either. In fact, neither listed the Longhorns as a school that has been in contact with them recently.

While DE Omari Abor was not at school to talk with in person, I was able to dig up that Abor has not heard from Texas since the coaching staff change.

For whatever the reason is, Texas is not making a real push at Duncanville in the 2022 class. They recently offered 2023 CB Deldrick Madison, though it does not appear like the staff has really made a deep impression at one of the state’s best at producing talent year to year.

Darius Terrell adds:

Hide contents

I’d advise fans to pretty much forget about Texas getting any of the top dogs out of Duncanville for a little while after the way that Ja’Quinden Jackson feels like his situation was handled.

No, it doesn’t matter that it was a different staff.

Well losing Duncanville entirely would suck, but at least it looks like North Shore is in play again

5 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

God Bless JQJ.  I am sorry if he had a botched knee surgery in high school.  I am not going to spend one more minute worried about him or Jalen Milroe (who was not injured).  Much love to JQJ at Utah.

Just curious -- does SARK have any input into the rehab/medical staff structure/system that the football team has ??

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

Geoff Ketchum has no idea how percentages work.

It's quite possible - perhaps even probable - that he know nothing about numbers, in general.

Hmmm.

He certainly has no clue how to count calories

44 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Did RGBIII call anything, cuz this is bullshit?

I call that I will get intoxicated tonight...I did say on the podcast that we get a commit by the time the podcast drops and of course I was wrong so I’ll extend my timeline and say someone drops this weekend

18 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Can you splain better Lucy ???

giphy.gif

The way I understand it is that JQJ is upset at how his injury was managed.  With his surgery done prior to getting to Texas, the only piece of the puzzle Texas medical staff (athletic trainers, physical therapist, massage therapist, team doctors) had to do with it would have been his rehabilitation process, which could’ve been at a multitude of different stages upon arrival to the school. 

the original post talked about using medical staffs as a scapegoat for leaving or not playing and I had responded that it does regularly. 

if he’s blaming the entire process on UTs staff, then he’s reaching because he wasn’t injured as a UT athlete.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Nick at Nite: Quick notes on a pair of priority wide receiver targets

(On Thompson and Hudson ... kinda positive.)

Spoiler

Nick at Nite: Quick notes on a pair of priority wide receiver targets

NickHarris

- Earlier this week, I entered a Crystal Ball Prediction for Spearman (Texas) four-star athlete/wide receiver Brenen Thompson in favor of Clemson after the Tigers had begun to take the lead in his recruitment. While that still remains the case, sources close to Thompson have said that the family is in no rush to shut it down any time soon and will at least visit Austin among other options before a decision is made. Thompson will be in College Station this weekend to see Texas A&M and workout with The Woodlands (Texas) 2024 quarterback Mabrey Mettauer, and he plans to see Austin during the state track meet in May. While the Tigers were gaining a lot of momentum in this recruitment in a hurry, Thompson is still insistent on taking his visits before making a decision. Texas remains in a top grouping along with Clemson, Texas A&M, Oregon and Texas Tech. I'll have a more in-depth update next week after his visit to College Station.

- Oklahoma commit four-star wide receiver Jordan Hudson from Garland (Texas) remains committed to the Sooners but is talking to other schools, with Texas being the biggest threat at this time. While a drastic move such as a flip is not on the horizon by any means, this is a situation that we're closely monitoring, especially if visits open up in the summer. With many committed prospects expected to take visits if/when they open up, Hudson will be one to monitor in the first handful of visit weekends. He's been building solid relationships with Andre Coleman, Steve Sarkisian and Jeff Banks as the Texas staff is treating him like one of the top uncommitted prospects on the board. In talking to recruits already committed in the Texas class, they feel confident that Hudson is at least listening to Texas and will explore that option to the fullest before signing anywhere.

• Hook 'Em 3

47 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

The only reason I posted it was for the comment about it being a one QB class. I’d rather give the context than misquote like what often happens. Trust me, I spare the board from a lot of OB stuff but if there’s a useful anecdote I’ll share

Honestly even the "one QB class" bit is barely relevant. They told Maalik that they would only be taking one QB in 2022...unless someone transfers. I'd say one of Thompson and Card transferring is pretty likely.

3 hours ago, trythisathome said:

How is this board still at the point where we're discussing literally anything Ketchum says at all? He's wrong about fucking everything. Hell, I move that we ban posting Orangebloods content here all together.  

fox broadcasting cheers GIF by Empire FOX

29 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Mike Roach out here like

image.thumb.png.e4ef6674dcffbb2c988ea0a171b3eb15.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

We don't know, but he had an excellent work effort in high school.  It didn't help that Yurcich wanted no part of him.

Edited by cochamps

55 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Fun to realize that JQJ didn’t have enough pull to land any of the other 2020 Duncanville dudes, but he might poison the well for years to come. Oh well, we good.

Decent chance he never told them to come here 

Edited by Nope

1 hour ago, cochamps said:

We don't know, but he had an excellent work effort in high school.  It didn't help that Yurcich wanted no part of him.

I agree.  Don’t think Sark would’ve much either. I’m not trying to come off saying that JQJ was a bad kid or lazy or whatever.  For all we know, the UT staff could’ve screwed him.  My whole reason for starting the dialogue was saying that playing time and failure is blamed on medical staffs.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

I agree.  Don’t think Sark would’ve much either. I’m not trying to come off saying that JQJ was a bad kid or lazy or whatever.  For all we know, the UT staff could’ve screwed him.  My whole reason for starting the dialogue was saying that playing time and failure is blamed on medical staffs.  

Not to derail the thread anymore but I’m sure the way herman treated players, Card coming in a tad more polished and him having to rehab led to his transfer. The rest of it is most likely bullshit so it doesn’t appear that he’s afraid of competing for his spot for the first time in his life. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, RGBIII said:

I call that I will get intoxicated tonight...I did say on the podcast that we get a commit by the time the podcast drops and of course I was wrong so I’ll extend my timeline and say someone drops this weekend

Fool me once, shame on you...

a7ErVRe_460s.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I can’t wait till the football board mouth breathers start citing RGB’s predictions in recruiting because he’s on a podcast. And by can’t wait, I mean set the whole thing ablaze right now and kick it into a volcano. 

Ok SATY, stop posting under Sydney's username...  😋

14 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I guess I missed the latest Juwan story.

Here yah go CF...

Burton:  "In addition to the news of Marqez Bimage entering the portal, Inside Texas has learned that linebacker Juwan Mitchell is currently not participating in team activities.

I’m told Mitchell needs to do some work in the classroom to return."

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I can’t wait till the football board mouth breathers start citing RGB’s predictions in recruiting because he’s on a podcast. And by can’t wait, I mean set the whole thing ablaze right now and kick it into a volcano. 

Lol same. I don’t know jack shit, I know less than fucking Carl. Let’s see how long till people realize...or am I lying right now and am secretly the knower of all things? 

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

• Haha 5

Roach

— Texas had a virtual visit yesterday with 2022 Texarkana (Texas) Texas High edge rusher Derrick Brown. We haven't talked a ton about Brown, but the 6-foot-4, 200 pound edge rusher is quietly one of the most pursued prospects in the state. Brown reportedly spoke with Jeff Choate and Pete Kwiatkowski, and their presentation focused on Brown being featured in the "spinner" position for Texas. That position is versatile enough to be in a few different alignments on early downs before pushing outside on 3rd and 4th downs to rush the passer. Brown said the visit experience was very informative and the Texas staff is pushing hard for him. Oklahoma is going to be a big factor with Brown's teammate Clayton Smith in Norman, and this battle will likely come down to the two Red River rivals. Texas A&M, Baylor and Arizona State are the other schools generating the most buzz at the moment, but it seems Texas and Oklahoma are separating a bit right now.

— Keep an eye on 2022 Carrollton (Texas) Creekview tight end Sean Sallis. The rising prospect holds six offers currently, but he's seeing increased attention daily. Jeff Banks has been in contact as of late and is starting to build a relationship with him. Sallis is a flex tight end candidate who primarily played in a wing offense through his first three years. He's shown the ability to be a dominant, physical pass catcher on the 7v7 scene and further showed off his athleticism last night with a 51 second 400-meter time at 6-foot-5, 221 pounds. Sallis has been hidden because of the offense he plays in and being in a losing program but he's a true gem in the state of Texas.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Here yah go CF...

Burton:  "In addition to the news of Marqez Bimage entering the portal, Inside Texas has learned that linebacker Juwan Mitchell is currently not participating in team activities.

I’m told Mitchell needs to do some work in the classroom to return."

I thought Juwan was playing his football this year in the parking lot? 

Wells

Spoiler

RB Jamarion Miller, Tyler Legacy (2022):

While prospects are putting together top schools lists and preparing graphic edits, the four-star tailback is taking his sweet time.

While helping the Legacy track team win gold in the 4x1, 4x2, and 4x4 relays at the Chapel Hill track meet on Friday, Miller is still getting settled in his recruitment.

Miller has personal goals for his senior season.

"For football, I want to improve on being a leader and getting the team together, be as one, and looking out for each other," said Miller. "For track, I'm trying to get in the 10s for my 100."

Alabama offered Miller this week and instantly jumped up his personal list.

"It was very surprising," said Miller. "At this time last year, I had no idea I'd be getting an offer from Alabama. Knowing they're a top school, it'll play a big part in my decision. They told me how they're a great program that produces great running backs."

Knowing Miller and his family, the distance from Tyler to Tuscaloosa might be a stretch from his comfort zone. Plus, you've got Texas still pushing.

"(Texas) still talks to me all the time," said Miller. "They really want me in Austin. They're always asking me when I'm going to commit. I tell them, 'I'm still taking my time.'"

Miller says he wants to wait until National Signing Day in mid-December to make his commitment. Some of the schools he really likes might not have available spots if he waits that long, but Miller sounds strong with his timeline.

Texas has been his quiet leader for good spell. They remain a top school within his family too. How long the Horns decide to wait will ultimately decide if the four-star speedster ends up in Austin.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting