Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

He’s a contrarian. 2 birds, 1 stone when you get to use a low number and describe your percentages as higher than others. He’s gone on record as saying he is ranking Texas v every other school, not the field. So he could have somebody as 30%, and have 4 15’s and a long shot. So he’s really more bullish than the 45% odds ots. Trash person.
Ban ketch content from Surly, and Anwar from the recruiting board. Spiegelman actually knows some kids.
*fucktardian. Anyone who listens to anything Jabba says deserves to be parted from their 9.95.
  • Hook 'Em 1

He’s a contrarian. 2 birds, 1 stone when you get to use a low number and describe your percentages as higher than others. He’s gone on record as saying he is ranking Texas v every other school, not the field. So he could have somebody as 30%, and have 4 15’s and a long shot. So he’s really more bullish than the 45% odds ots. Trash person.
Ban ketch content from Surly, and Anwar from the recruiting board. Spiegelman actually knows some kids.
*fucktardian. Anyone who listens to anything Jabba says deserves to be parted from their 9.95.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Was it Limas Sweed who played in an option offense in high school? My memory is iffy on it but I think he only had like ~65 career catches and almost half of them were for TDs. Of course, Creekview is really bad, Brenham was really good. 

16 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Wait, wut?  Some small Texas towns have shitty drunk doctors who are not surgeons that botch knee surgeries?  In some Texas small towns, the doctor is also the town drunk.  OK.  And some of the big schools have better surgeons who botch it too.  Pay your money take your chances.  

“There’s more old drunks than there are old doctors so I guess I better have another round”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ousux said:
16 hours ago, Ricky said:

Sounds like you really hate that guy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KYHorn said:

That's because you rightly avoid the fb board. He's behind in school and isn't currently participating because of this.

You know ... these young men are so fucking stupid. Here's Juwan, the opportunity of a lifetime staring in him the face.  Literally all he has to do is the work. But because of a really dumb and inflated ego, he's fucking that chance up.  He's not as good as he thinks he is and when this ride ends he'll blame the system or something else for why he didn't get the chances he "deserved,"  never realizing that the universe doesn't give a shit about what you think you deserve.  We see it every year with these young men.  Fortunately for us there are others just like him  in a never-ending stream, ready to take their shot at it. 

You can't fix stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

You know ... these young men are so fucking stupid. Here's Juwan, the opportunity of a lifetime staring in him the face.  Literally all he has to do is the work. But because of a really dumb and inflated ego, he's fucking that chance up.  He's not as good as he thinks he is and when this ride ends he'll blame the system or something else for why he didn't get the chances he "deserved,"  never realizing that the universe doesn't give a shit about what you think you deserve.  We see it every year with these young men.  Fortunately for us there are others just like him  in a never-ending stream, ready to take their shot at it. 

You can't fix stupid. 

thats high school and college kids for you.  tons who do stupid shit and dont make the most out of opportunities.  happens all the time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:
17 hours ago, Ricky said:

1 hour ago, ousux said:

1 hour ago, ousux said:

1 hour ago, ousux said:

3 minutes ago, ousux said:

1 hour ago, ousux said:

6 of the same post with an hour between the first and the last feels like a new record for general poster ineptitude. Congratulations on all of your success. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

43 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

You can't fix stupid. 

This seems a little brutal man, most of these kids come from really awful environments. Their athletic gifts open a lot of doors but it usually takes people years and years after the fact to learn life lessons. 
stripes lighten GIF

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

You can't fix stupid. 

amen. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Wells

Hide contents

RB Jamarion Miller, Tyler Legacy (2022):

While prospects are putting together top schools lists and preparing graphic edits, the four-star tailback is taking his sweet time.

While helping the Legacy track team win gold in the 4x1, 4x2, and 4x4 relays at the Chapel Hill track meet on Friday, Miller is still getting settled in his recruitment.

Miller has personal goals for his senior season.

"For football, I want to improve on being a leader and getting the team together, be as one, and looking out for each other," said Miller. "For track, I'm trying to get in the 10s for my 100."

Alabama offered Miller this week and instantly jumped up his personal list.

"It was very surprising," said Miller. "At this time last year, I had no idea I'd be getting an offer from Alabama. Knowing they're a top school, it'll play a big part in my decision. They told me how they're a great program that produces great running backs."

Knowing Miller and his family, the distance from Tyler to Tuscaloosa might be a stretch from his comfort zone. Plus, you've got Texas still pushing.

"(Texas) still talks to me all the time," said Miller. "They really want me in Austin. They're always asking me when I'm going to commit. I tell them, 'I'm still taking my time.'"

Miller says he wants to wait until National Signing Day in mid-December to make his commitment. Some of the schools he really likes might not have available spots if he waits that long, but Miller sounds strong with his timeline.

Texas has been his quiet leader for good spell. They remain a top school within his family too. How long the Horns decide to wait will ultimately decide if the four-star speedster ends up in Austin.

Really glad to hear we’re still going after Miller. Prioritizing a worse player because he fills a niche role as a power back is the kind of idiocy we saw way too much under Herman. 

3 hours ago, Teryor said:

Roach

I think we have a great chance of landing Brown, but Isweatergawd if we miss on a good edge rusher two straight years because of Herman’s dipshittery...

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

This seems a little brutal man, most of these kids come from really awful environments. Their athletic gifts open a lot of doors but it usually takes people years and years after the fact to learn life lessons. 
stripes lighten GIF

Yeaaa but Mitchell seems like a total asshole on top of it so I don’t feel bad for him.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The football board takes a beating over here, but gentlemen, this is why.
Story time: I grew up in middle class round rock in a good family. Mom stayed at home, dad worked his ass off and we had it pretty good. I was a fucking smart kid, my brother was not, but he has ADHD so the expectations were just inherently different. The expectations for me were doctor/lawyer/smart person career. Problem was, I couldn’t do homework. At some point, I couldn’t read books anymore. Just a mental block against both. And do you know what people who see a smart kid who doesn’t do those things say? “Work harder” “You’re entitled” “Apply yourself” “I know you’re capable, why can’t you meet expectations?”
Well, as it turns out I have ADD too but wasn’t diagnosed until 32. Had I been diagnosed as a kid, maybe I would have developed some skills to “apply myself”. Maybe I wouldn’t have appeared so “entitled” by just getting by on test scores.
So, now replace smarts with football talent, in many cases replace stable family life with the inverse, and replace ADD with fucking anything else. These are kids who may be dealing with some difficult shit. We have no idea. Your post takes potshots at the whole person without even considering the whole person. Does Juwan say and do some stupid shit on and off the field? Hell yes. Do we need to scream boomer takes at the sun in response? Hell no. Life isn’t as simple for everyone as you make it out to be, and I for one will not stand for disparaging kids we don’t know.
Tl;dr - Fuck off football board

Jesus Christo.   Life is a bitch, it is a red ass world.  Some middle class Round Rock/Texas dudes from good families stormed the beaches at Normandy and got diagnosed with a 50 caliber machine gun round to the head.  Be thankful for what you have and try to always get better.  I assume crawling in the jungle in Nam was pretty difficult shit, maybe way more than worrying about test scores.  Juwan does not have shit to complain about.  

• Hook 'Em 10
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 6
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Really glad to hear we’re still going after Miller. Prioritizing a worse player because he fills a niche role as a power back is the kind of idiocy we saw way too much under Herman. 

I think we have a great chance of landing Brown, but Isweatergawd if we miss on a good edge rusher two straight years because of Herman’s dipshittery...

Presumably they’re trying to take a bigger back who isn’t a lesser player 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Nice kids from good families in Texas getting shot on Omaha Beach being in some way equivalent to a JUCO kid from Newark struggling with the hothouse environment of Texas football in 2021 is a real boomer fucking take, bud.

Well, there isn't a literal connection, Dude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting