Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

9 hours ago, JackBurton said:

Clearly my man wants to visit the famed Colonial Williamsburg and doesn't have a good reason to be in the area other than to check out William & Mary. While the campus may lack social events, attractive women, and a functioning football program, it makes up for that by having a virtual cornucopia of old white men in period-appropriate garb. Every 18 y/o's college dream. 

am-corps-600x429.jpg

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

And apparently the fact that she directed Promising Young Woman while still being *married* to Jason Sudeikis. 

I’m not going to be too embarrassed that I didn’t realize they weren’t married. But getting the director of a movie wrong while spending 20 minutes expounding on its failures...

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Holy shit. This series of posts brings up the bodies on the OL coaching side of things, and they are fucking ripe. UT has basically been cursed on this front for the vast majority of my life and most of all of those on this board. 

Clovis Hale (RIP) - generally incompetent

Tim Nunez - probably the worst of all of them. He didn’t recruit, he couldn’t evaluate, and he had no idea what he was doing with his unit. Mack Brown actually did end up firing this guy when he got tired of defending him. 

Mac McWhorter - the architect of the greatest phantom OL in history (2009), this motherfucker took sloth to an art form. His recruiting technique of evaluating no one and signing only players in the Austin MSA west of I-35 completed the Nunez-led villainous strategy of largely destroying our offensive line unit for the better part of 2 decades. Probably the low point in UT OL history was watching Nebraska’s Suh clown the entire OL and Chris Hall specifically into a national CFB meme that December. McWhorter coupled that lowlight with a recruiting mirror of that move by offering a guy in wheelchair and ignoring multiple state of Texas OL candidates that signed with Baylor, OU and elsewhere, eventually playing in the NFL.

Joe Wickline - finally a proven OL coach who would turn things around! LOL. I don’t know what in the fuck happened here except overwhelmed and stupid were trademarks of the Chucklefuck Era, so let’s just assume this guy lathered himself up in both traits, combo’d those problems with a penchant for being a piece of shit to his unit and an angry recruiter who identified with basically no one but JP Urquidez’s father and we wound up with a further descent into OL unit ineptitude. 

Derek Warehime - a meatheaded clown with the only justification for getting hired was that he was bros with meatheaded Fuckface, his only positive contribution to the UT program is the aforementioned hogger grumpy that he dropped in Walker Little’s mother’s private washroom. They live down the street from me in Bellaire and they’ve attempted everything from a thorough repaint to a black mold-like drywall teardown and rebuild, to no avail. 

Herb Hand - a frequent object of disdain from the recruiting board, for good reason, his OL unit actually improved in year 1 versus the greasefire that Warehime had reduced the unit to in a single year. A brief, small blip of faint hope preceding a continued trajectory into the inexplicable abyss of prolonged but consistent failure of a single unit for many years via many coaches. 

The dude with Mackovic was good and Stacy Searels gets a pass. How the 2004-2005 units overcame the yoke of ineptitude can only be explained by the nasty disposition of the Studdard/Blalock/Sendlein led unit itself. 

Fuck me. Fuck you. Fuck them. Kyle Flood better have a great fucking strategy and even better black magic to break this fucking curse, obviously cast on our program by the ghost of Antwan Kirk Hughes. 

You forgot one

SterlinGilbertMattMattoxCharlieStrong_Ja

• Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Derek Warehime - a meatheaded clown with the only justification for getting hired was that he was bros with meatheaded Fuckface, his only positive contribution to the UT program is the aforementioned hogger grumpy that he dropped in Walker Little’s mother’s private washroom. They live down the street from me in Bellaire and they’ve attempted everything from a thorough repaint to a black mold-like drywall teardown and rebuild, to no avail. 

Ok, your rep emojis have all been hook ems and hearts, but I’m giving you a 😂 for this gem, well done!

33 minutes ago, futureman said:

his OL produced a 2,000 yard rusher.

Searels and Mattox are the only two guys with a pulse to hit that room in the last 25 years, and they have 3 seasons between them. At this rate Kyle Flood may get a statue if he stays for more than his initial contract. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Citizen's HUDL highlights are pretty ridiculous. It's hard to pick a favorite, but I love this one at the 42 second mark when he goes to put out  a stiffarm and it's like the defender is held off by an invisible death ray. Citizen's stiffarm is apparently so strong that just being in its invisible cone causes defenders to bounce off:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10907138/5fd8290a96760c0b6c3d5d3a

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Citizen's HUDL highlights are pretty ridiculous. It's hard to pick a favorite, but I love this one at the 42 second mark when he goes to put out  a stiffarm and it's like the defender is held off by an invisible death ray. Citizen's stiffarm is apparently so strong that just being in its invisible cone causes defenders to bounce off:

Lol #30 wanted no part of that tackle. Good job, good effort, guy.

43 minutes ago, Texas Flood said:

You mean Booksmart

I don’t know what Booksmart is, but I know that Olivia Wilde didn’t direct Promising Young Woman, irrespective of SydneyCarton’s and the rest of the foursome’s protestations otherwise. I also know she never married the SNL dude, but none of this has anything to do with Kelvin Banks, I guess.

Actually had this conversation with a friend this weekend regarding last names. There was a dude playing college basketball with the last name of Cockburn. I thought that someone in that family has to be brave enough to legally change that last name, family history/pride be damned. You've got to give the kids a chance to grow up without the constant mockery. NBA player Rudy Gay was mentioned (nttawwt) as was our assistant Glascock. Do it for the kids
I believe in the old world where it originated..it's pronounced more like "Coburn". Thats what I'd change it to if it were me..

32 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t know what Booksmart is, but I know that Olivia Wilde didn’t direct Promising Young Woman, irrespective of SydneyCarton’s and the rest of the foursome’s protestations otherwise. I also know she never married the SNL dude, but none of this has anything to do with Kelvin Banks, I guess.

unless she marries him that is

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Eat a bag of dicks, you purposefully conflating bastard. I've never even seen Promising Young Woman. Man-hating snooze fests must be your fetish. 

I do admit to the ignorance on the marriage front, however. 

44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t know what Booksmart is

Main character is Jonah Hill’s younger sister, she also starred in Lady Bird. No, not the LBJ documentary. 

I know that Olivia Wilde didn’t direct Promising Young Woman

Emerald Fennel. Quite the talent, but she’s on the all-name team.

I also know she never married the SNL dude

Nobody in Hollywood actually makes it official, I guess it fast-tracks the inevitable divorce. 

Edited by Sgt. Slaughter

IT on Cole Hutson

Spoiler

OL Cole Hutson, Frisco (2022):

He’s not letting the NCAA control his recruitment. Hutson is taking the initiative. He hit Austin last weekend and had an opportunity to soak in the burnt orange scene.

“Really strong unofficial student visit in Austin this last weekend,” said Scott, Cole’s father. “Good for Cole to see the campus and the stadium at UT.”

With 16 offers already, including Texas, Alabama, Arizona State, and Baylor, he's just seeing the schools that he has the most interest in, in person. The three-sport athlete in football, baseball, and track and field (shot put and discus) might also be more than a guard at the next level. He's venturing into tackle land.

Hutson is apparently still growing. His father, former Arizona State and MLB player, Scott Hutson, says Cole is closer to 6-foot-5.5, 313 pounds. Hutson will be at the Under Armour camp in Arlington on Sunday.

Hutson is still letting the recruiting process play out, and if/when the NCAA lifts the dead period, that's when you could see Hutson getting closer to a decision.

Texas is making him a priority, and with OU possibly pushing, this recruitment could heat up.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Hutson will be at the Under Armour camp in Arlington on Sunday.

Nice. Should be a good chance to get to see how he moves. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

I appreciate that Drayton never stops comparing every single RB he offers to Elliot.

It's like Bobby Kennedy and Reggie Williams with better results.

I’m not sure Surly can really talk considering we compare every RB who can run a sub-5 40 to Jamaal Charles. 

8 minutes ago, EE2B said:

When I was a child our preachers name was Richard White. Richard preferred to go by Dick, so the phone book listing was White, Dick. Always made my pre-teen self chuckle when I perused the phone book.

Man, that sounds like a fun as hell, balls to the wall childhood right there.

EE2B Mom: "Sweetheart, what did you do today?" 

EE2B: "Oh, I watched Pat Robertson for a while on the 700 Club. After that I read the phone book. The usual."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

Mike Roach:  Texas one of the schools standing out for 2022 DE Omari Abor

Spoiler

Texas one of the schools standing out for 2022 DE Omari Abor

Mike Roach

Omari Abor enters his senior year as one of the most wanted defenders in the state of Texas.

The four-star defensive end from Duncanville (Texas) holds 24 offers from all over the nation and five schools are standing out right now for him.

“The schools that are really on me the hardest right now are I’d say LSU, Alabama, Ohio State, Texas and Oklahoma,” Abor said.

Texas has a few resources dedicated to his recruitment including Director of High School Relations Chris Gilbert, tight ends coach and special teams coordinator Jeff Banks and Texas defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski. As a former south Dallas high school coach at Lancaster, Gilbert has been working on the relationships in this recruitment.

“We actually talked as soon as he got there,” he said. “We talked for a couple of minutes. He actually knew about me already and stuff like that. He’s really interested in me going to Texas, so we talked for a little bit.”

Abor has also been talking with Kwiatkowski about his potential fit in the Texas defense.

“I really learned about the different styles of end,” he said. “I learned about the two-point stance, the three-point stance and playing on the weak side and strong side. I really feel like coach K could help me get to the next level.”

Kwiatkowski’s record of NFL development at the defensive end position is well established. Kwiatkowski compared Abor to one of his former pupils who is now an NFL star.

“He actually has,” he said. “He compared me to his player Demarcus Lawrence. He just told me how I’d basically be like one of his players.”

Abor isn’t in any hurry to make a commitment. In fact, he wants to make his decision during the Under Armour All-American game. The biggest factor will be how he fits into the defensive scheme.

“Most likely I’m making my final decision next year around the Under Armour All-American game,” Abor said. “I’m looking at the defensive scheme. If they are a 4-3 or a nickel. Are the ends pass rushing the whole time or are they playing physical the whole time. It really all depends.”

At 6-foot-4, 240 pounds, Abor is ranked as the No. 2 strong-side defensive end in the nation and No. 7 overall prospect in Texas, according

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Mike Roach:  Texas one of the schools standing out for 2022 DE Omari Abor

Reveal hidden contents

Texas one of the schools standing out for 2022 DE Omari Abor

Mike Roach

Omari Abor enters his senior year as one of the most wanted defenders in the state of Texas.

The four-star defensive end from Duncanville (Texas) holds 24 offers from all over the nation and five schools are standing out right now for him.

“The schools that are really on me the hardest right now are I’d say LSU, Alabama, Ohio State, Texas and Oklahoma,” Abor said.

Texas has a few resources dedicated to his recruitment including Director of High School Relations Chris Gilbert, tight ends coach and special teams coordinator Jeff Banks and Texas defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski. As a former south Dallas high school coach at Lancaster, Gilbert has been working on the relationships in this recruitment.

“We actually talked as soon as he got there,” he said. “We talked for a couple of minutes. He actually knew about me already and stuff like that. He’s really interested in me going to Texas, so we talked for a little bit.”

Abor has also been talking with Kwiatkowski about his potential fit in the Texas defense.

“I really learned about the different styles of end,” he said. “I learned about the two-point stance, the three-point stance and playing on the weak side and strong side. I really feel like coach K could help me get to the next level.”

Kwiatkowski’s record of NFL development at the defensive end position is well established. Kwiatkowski compared Abor to one of his former pupils who is now an NFL star.

“He actually has,” he said. “He compared me to his player Demarcus Lawrence. He just told me how I’d basically be like one of his players.”

Abor isn’t in any hurry to make a commitment. In fact, he wants to make his decision during the Under Armour All-American game. The biggest factor will be how he fits into the defensive scheme.

“Most likely I’m making my final decision next year around the Under Armour All-American game,” Abor said. “I’m looking at the defensive scheme. If they are a 4-3 or a nickel. Are the ends pass rushing the whole time or are they playing physical the whole time. It really all depends.”

At 6-foot-4, 240 pounds, Abor is ranked as the No. 2 strong-side defensive end in the nation and No. 7 overall prospect in Texas, according

I really want to believe, but just seems like we have 0% chance with this one.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

love his highlight film. a lot of rb highlights is the rb running through gaping holes. when i see those i think, line did a great job blocking.

citizen's is him running through traffic, making cuts, and fighting through tackles. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting