Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

She was my wife's lady-doctor when we had our kids. Cut our first-born out of my wife. Did a great job on stitching the wife back together. Her practice got too busy so my wife switched.

The OB/GYN that delivered our kids, Dr. Breedlove. 

breedlove.thumb.png.1563f33e3e16778af1275becb2d1ad27.png

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Why's the ranking low?  Seems to have all the big school offers.

Unranked on ESPN, Rivals just lowered him, and 247 haven't moved off of their initial 87 ranking.  It's not like he doesn't have exposure at IMG. He's 6'6, 315 and his film shows pretty raw. Not great at pass pro, just a huge human who is great at driving people off the ball, which is the appeal.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Why's the ranking low?  Seems to have all the big school offers.

He's 6'6 325 playing at IMG, so he's getting offers. That was not impressive highlight tape, but honestly not unimpressive. Just meh.

Edited by Dr. Teeth
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

He's 6'6 325 playing at IMG, so he's getting offers. That was not impressive highlight tape, but honestly not unimpressive. Just meh.

Yeah, he plays inside in high school and has decent, not good and not bad, feet. He will have to play inside in college. He is big and can move people if he can continue to move himself.

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Yeah, he plays inside in high school and has decent, not good and not bad, feet. He will have to play inside in college. He is big and can move people if he can continue to move himself.

Idk how you look at that frame and come to this conclusion. Alex Leatherwood was the same size coming out of hs, reshaped a bit and had a stellar career at Tackle. I'm not saying he's Leatherwood, but I don't think it's fair to make this assumption on the first 4 plays of the kids hudl.

4 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Idk how you look at that frame and come to this conclusion. Alex Leatherwood was the same size coming out of hs, reshaped a bit and had a stellar career at Tackle. I'm not saying he's Leatherwood, but I don't think it's fair to make this assumption on the first 4 plays of the kids hudl.

I can't think of many modern players who have moved from inside in high school to outside in college and considering he is kind of fat and doesn't move real well, I don't think he will be one of the few. BTW, Alex Leatherwood was a 5 star tackle in high school and their tape isn't comparable.

https://247sports.com/player/alex-leatherwood-80818/

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I get kids still wanting to take visits. Why wouldn't they? Free trip where everyone tells you how great you are. I'd take every possible visit, even if my mind was made up. 

Oh my fare's paid for? You're gunna wine and dine me? Cool we'll come. 

Just now, Bevo said:

I can't think of many modern players who have moved from inside in high school to outside in college and considering he is kind of fat and doesn't move real well, I don't think he will be one of the few. BTW, Alex Leatherwood was a 5 star tackle in high school and their tape isn't comparable.

https://247sports.com/player/alex-leatherwood-80818/

It's IMG. An all star team. He plays both guard and tackle in his hudl, and this wouldn't be uncommon at a school where they have no shortage of massive dudes. 

I made no comments comparing Leatherwood's film to Bah's, only their frames, and the point was that this staff takes the big guys that the last staff wouldn't. Leatherwood is a bad example, let's use Damieon George. 6'6, 345lb George took game snaps at Tackle. At Alabama. As a true Freshman.

It seems size is not a disqualifier for Flood, so "he's a guard at the next level" is pretty much ill-informed bullshit, wouldn't ya say?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I get kids still wanting to take visits. Why wouldn't they? Free trip where everyone tells you how great you are. I'd take every possible visit, even if my mind was made up. 

12 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Oh my fare's paid for? You're gunna wine and dine me? Cool we'll come. 

And let's not forget this waiting for you...

22bc5212ac9a231f9096e8cdfa04e0d9--sexy-c

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, satyanash said:

SIAP, Bryce Anderson apparently pushed his timeline back

32 minutes ago, satyanash said:

He apparently said he's planning to take all his visits now.

There's a good chance this is misdirection 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

It's IMG. An all star team. He plays both guard and tackle in his hudl, and this wouldn't be uncommon at a school where they have no shortage of massive dudes. 

I made no comments comparing Leatherwood's film to Bah's, only their frames, and the point was that this staff takes the big guys that the last staff wouldn't. Leatherwood is a bad example, let's use Damieon George. 6'6, 345lb George took game snaps at Tackle. At Alabama. As a true Freshman.

It seems size is not a disqualifier for Flood, so "he's a guard at the next level" is pretty much ill-informed bullshit, wouldn't ya say?

Yeah, Damieon George is a better example. He played tackle in high school and had pretty average feet. Looking at his tape, you wouldn't think that he would be successful on the outside at the next level. 

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Yeah, Damieon George is a better example. He played tackle in high school and had pretty average feet. Looking at his tape, you wouldn't think that he would be successful on the outside at the next level. 

Saying he had pretty average feet in high school is being nice about it 

Sometimes guys make it at tackle by just being huge and taking up space 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Teeth said:

He is a pretty heavy footed dude, but looks to be an earth mover type so that may not be the end of the world. His pass protection on the interior looks decent, although he didn't seem to have highlights against an equal caliber athlete on pass rush. All in all, I think he has some things you can work with. It is hard for me to see him as a tackle, but who am I to argue. 

Edited by Vertigo

8 minutes ago, Fud said:

IMG kids are mercenaries. You don't really start pipelines there. You just hope to independently land one of their players from time to time 

That may be true to an extent, but grabbing one or two guys a year from IMG makes it much more likely to grab a guy in the following years.

I'd love for Texas to somehow work the new NIL program into something with IMG's marketing, sports management, and agent division to help steer kids to Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

He is a pretty heavy footed dude, but looks to be an earth mover type so that may not be the end of the world. His pass protection on the interior looks decent, although he didn't seem to have highlights against an equal caliber athlete on pass rush. All in all, I think he has some things you can work with. It is hard for me to see him as a tackle, but who am I to argue. 

Sounds like what South Austin's mom said about me ... heh heh ... 😉😉

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

That may be true to an extent, but grabbing one or two guys a year from IMG makes it much more likely to grab a guy in the following years.

I'd love for Texas to somehow work the new NIL program into something with IMG's marketing, sports management, and agent division to help steer kids to Texas.

Which IMG kids have helped land other kids? 

Just now, Hornlover said:

Kellen Mond dragged Jhamon Ausbon with him to A&M

Pipeline implies future additions, not a package deal for two local kids who were good friends before IMG and would have likely gone to A&M even if they hadn't went to IMG

How's that pipeline working for them now? Zero IMG kids since those two

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Pipeline implies future additions, not a package deal for two local kids who were good friends before IMG and would have likely gone to A&M even if they hadn't went to IMG

Dele totally helped us with Nolan Smith, Trey Sanders, and Evan Neal.

• Hook 'Em 1

Most IMG kids end up going to the same school they would have gone to if they hadn't enrolled at IMG. If they're a 5*, they're still picking between Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson, and LSU; those schools are still landing that 5* even if he's not at IMG. If they're not elite prospects, they're likely going to whatever the state school back home

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Dele totally helped us with Nolan Smith, Trey Sanders, and Evan Neal.

5* QB Shea Patterson totally helped Ole Miss with... 0 top 250 IMG kids since

OU landed 2 in 2018 and 0 since

Michigan landed 2 in 2017 and 1 since, which was 4 classes later 

Just now, Fud said:

I think Mond was going to Baylor and Ausbon was going to LSU prior to IMG. But yes, aggy gonna aggy.

Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State seem to do a pretty good job of grabbing two or three guys a year out of IMG. I don't know if that's due to a pipeline effect or whether it's just those 4 schools play the game and recruit nationally.

There's literally no downside to making the Longhorns a presence on the IMG campus, and having us on the tongues of IMG players when they discuss where their current and former teammates commit/attend. Whether or not that fits your definition of a pipeline is immaterial.  If a player goes to his coach and asks "where should I take my talents?" , you want Texas coming out of that coach's mouth.

2 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I think Mond was going to Baylor and Ausbon was going to LSU prior to IMG. But yes, aggy gonna aggy.

Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State seem to do a pretty good job of grabbing two or three guys a year out of IMG. I don't know if that's due to a pipeline effect or whether it's just those 4 schools play the game and recruit nationally.

There's literally no downside to making the Longhorns a presence on the IMG campus, and having us on the tongues of IMG players when they discuss where their current and former teammates commit/attend. Whether or not that fits your definition of a pipeline is immaterial.  If a player goes to his coach and asks "where should I take my talents?" , you want Texas coming out of that coach's mouth.

It's IMG, it's a pure business. For their elite kids it's just "Go to a school that wins a lot, with a good track record of putting kids at your position in the league, and where you don't actively hate the coach."

IT

Spoiler

OT Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek (2022):

The 6-foot-5, 295-pound four-star is dropping his Top 8 tonight on his birthday. Texas will be included.

“Just had a Zoom meeting with Texas 20 minutes ago,” said Banks. “It’s all love.”

We continue to feel good about where the Horns stand in this pursuit. Texas A&M and LSU are the biggest competition at this point. Texas running back commit Jaydon Blue is putting in a lot of work on this one.

DE Omari Abor, Duncanville (2022):
There’s good news and bad news for Texas fans and the highly-sought four-star.

Good; He’s still talking to Texas. Jeff Banks continues to build on the relationship that began when he was at Alabama. He told IT he continues to talk to the UT staff - Sark, PK, Banks - and is not expected to make a decision until the first week in January.

Bad; Texas is behind Ohio State, OU, Alabama, and LSU. Way behind. While Ohio State and Oklahoma have been considered the favorites, Alabama is right there.

Abor loves the idea of being the Buckeyes’ Chase Young. He’s also due to have his boot (injured toe) removed tomorrow and will travel with the basketball team for the state championship on Saturday.

John Paul II cornerback Terrance Brooks made a student visit to TCU today. The 5-foot-11, 185-pounder will also make a student visit to Texas A&M for the Aggies spring game, where his father Chet Brooks starred before playing in the NFL.

Oklahoma and Texas are also likely to receive a student visit this spring. Outside of the region, Alabama, Notre Dame and Stanford continue to factor heavily in Brooks' recruitment.

OL Jaylen Early, Duncanville (2022):
If there’s one thing about Early, it’s his versatility. He can play guard or tackle and excel at both.

Ohio State, OU, Texas A&M, and Baylor are pushing the hardest right now, but he mentioned two schools he’d like to hear from; UT and Alabama.

Early will be a strong take in any cycle, but we get the sense Texas might already have its guard takes lined up.

Either way, I don’t see the Longhorns in this today.

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting