Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

Too bad it's not another boring day on the thread where these could have been the main talking point. 

The orange could be a little more burnt, but I still need a pair.

Why is Sarkisian wearing Halloween shoes? This isn’t Oklahoma State. 

• Haha 1

Just now, UncleSonny said:

Yeah this is my point. The shade of the orange could of gotten at least a page worth of attention on a better day.

I think they’re ugly as shit, and remind of some variety of Brach’s candy. 

That said, I was in junior high when OG Jordans came out and I loved them. 

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

satya is a good, informed poster whose Eeyore POV is a useful balance on the board. There's a difference between bitching and friendly teasing.

He’s certifiable. And no matter his credentials I don’t care for him wearing the uniform 

• Hook 'Em 2

(Mike at Night) Where Texas looks next at wide receiver

Spoiler

— Texas suffered its first setback in recruiting under Steve Sarkisian with the decommitment of Evan Stewart. In talking to Stewart and those around him, there doesn’t seem to be any major impetus to cause this. I was told this had nothing to do with the ongoing saga with the Eyes of Texas, and more to do with Stewart marching to the beat of his own drum. One source I spoke to described Stewart as “very independent” and mentioned that he does his own thing without really talking to others. I don’t get the sense anyone at Texas is panicking. While the decision was out of the blue, I was told that there are no worries, and the staff is still confident they are going to get good players. As of now, the focus remains on a handful of targets, but I was told that the staff feels they are in the best place with Brenen Thompson, Kevin Coleman and Chris Marshall right now.

— Speaking of Chris Marshall, I still get the vibe that Texas A&M leads, but Texas did a great job of closing the gap as of late. Marshall plays with Fast 7v7 and is teammates with Jaydon Blue and Jaylon Guilbeau, both of whom are committed to Texas. It will still take some work for Texas to overcome the advantage the Aggies built within the recruitment, but Texas is looking more and more dangerous here.

14 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

An elite recruit decommits AND one of our top OL targets is offered by Stanford? Has anyone checked on satya this morning? He might’ve rubbed himself to death yesterday. 

A quick view of Wescott's timeline on Twitter and he seemed more concerned with the basketball game last night. I suppose we will find out today.

12 hours ago, Dijon Robinson said:

At a certain point I'd rather read satya's thesis about how the Eyes controversy will prevent us from ever having a top ten class again than read y'all bitching about his continued existence on this board. Nothing is stopping y'all from utilizing the mute function.

What point is that? Let’s find out. 

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

An elite recruit decommits AND one of our top OL targets is offered by Stanford? Has anyone checked on satya this morning? He might’ve rubbed himself to death yesterday. 

A buddy of mine as a youth yanked it so hard using shampoo in the shower that he suffered severe irritation and had to rush to the ER. The doctor took a look at it and said “you used shampoo didn’t you.  Use lotion next time.”

Just trying to help satya here 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Ravishing Rick said:

A buddy of mine as a youth yanked it so hard using shampoo in the shower that he suffered severe irritation and had to rush to the ER. The doctor took a look at it and said “you used shampoo didn’t you.  Use lotion next time.”

Just trying to help satya here 

Was your buddy’s name Rick? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Is it even remotely safe to return to this thread yet? I skipped to the end, but I'm just assuming/hoping that I've stepped over the carnage that certainly must be Satya's vaginal blood all over this thread and a fuck ton of Wescott Ebberts bullshit. 

We got our jizzmopper Futureman working on the mess satya made. I'd give it a few hours. It's still pretty gross in here. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Is it even remotely safe to return to this thread yet? I skipped to the end, but I'm just assuming/hoping that I've stepped over the carnage that certainly must be Satya's vaginal blood all over this thread and a fuck ton of Wescott Ebberts bullshit. 

Wescott was distracted by basketball, and satya restrained himself to one perfect nugget.

I'm surprised that Stewart didn't go to the coaches. I assume we would have matched, but it probably went down a little different - like guys were in his uncle's ear about how much he could get on the open market. Anyway, enough about him. We need a commit in a bad way.

IT

Spoiler

RECRUITING

OL Devon Campbell, Arlington Bowie - 2022: IT stopped by Bowie on Thursday to get the latest on the 6-4, 305-pound guard. First things first, Campbell plans to wait until the dead prior is lifted and he can go visit with staffs before making a decision. A trip to Oklahoma for the Sooners spring game is likely. Texas has continued to impress Campbell on zoom calls. The communication has been all positive, but Campbell wants to meet the staff in person. The offensive line coach relationship will be key in Campbell’s recruitment and decision making process. There is a lot of Texas in Campbell and family’s ear. Campbell’s uncle, a coach on staff at Bowie High, was high school teammates and is still good friends with Brandon Foster and Ryan Palmer.

DB Bryce Anderson, West Brook - 2022: There has been some talk of Anderson moving back a potential commitment timeline to the summer. Nothing is set in stone with a timeline. It’s possible Anderson could announce a decision in April, or wait until June or July. The likelihood of the dead period being lifted at the end of May is going to impact decision making timelines. One thing that hasn’t changed, Texas remains in the best position to win out for the versatile DB.

WR Evan Stewart, Frisco Liberty - 2022: His recent quotes to IT were fairly ominous but it wasn’t clear he intended on de-committing in less than a week. Texas will continue to recruit the elite prospect and will likely remain in his top group, but this one will come down to the wire. In that sense, not much changed in the last couple days. Stewarts wants to experience the genuine process and shouldn’t have committed to begin with. It happens.

WR CJ Williams, Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) - 2022: A source on the West Coast told IT that USC has Tetairoa McMillan higher on the board than Williams. While the Trojans don’t covet Williams as they do a few other WR’s on the board, there is a lot of pressure on the staff to have Williams as part of the class. If Williams committed elsewhere, that would actually take some pressure off of USC. That’s not to say Williams isn’t a quality wide receiver, but just where things are at with USC and the talented target receiver.

DE Aaron Austin, North Crowley - 2022: At 6-foot-3.5, 250 pounds, the Fort Worth area defensive end holds 15 offers including Colorado, Boston College, and Washington State. IT has learned the Texas staff is evaluating Austin, as are Baylor, Auburn, Ole Miss and others with Ole Miss likely to offer soon. Austin was born in Austin, where he lived for a few years until moving to Crowley. As a prospect, Austin has the frame to carry 290-300 pounds well proportioned, has a 78-79 inch wingspan and 10.25-inch hands.

CB Denver Harris, North Shore - 2022: The five-star corner had a productive call with cornerbacks coach Terry Joseph on Wednesday. The call was concerning scheme, how they practice, and how Joseph develops and coordinates his DB’s. One thing that stood out, Joseph showed numerous clips of mistakes being made in practice, then being corrected, and finally the DB’s making plays off those corrections on Saturdays. It was about a 20 minute call which is about the right amount for Harris. Joseph is striking a good balance between not being overly-aggressive and too hands off.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

https://247sports.com/player/kj-miles-46054149/

Don't remember ever hearing this guy's name, but the comedy is that his only CB is to A&M.

That's a huge geographic spread among his schools. Just need to swap out one of the Georgia's for Wyoming and he's got every region covered.

Edited by Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, NTVTXN said:

FM says Evan Stewart was 1st to leave and Maalik will leave too

Satya’s sock, confirmed.

listening to futureman when it comes to anything recruiting or sports related - honestly listening to him talk about literally anything - is useless.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

(Adam Gorney) Ranking the Contenders: Four-star athlete Ish Harris

Ish Harris has more than a dozen offers, but earlier this month the four-star athlete narrowed his list to six schools and there is no certainty yet on where he could end up. The Pilot Point, Texas, four-star athlete has Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M and Utah as his finalists. A prospect who could play on either side of the ball, Harris can help every team on the list with his versatility and ability both on offense or defense, and that's why he's such an attractive recruit to his six top teams. In today’s Ranking The Contenders, we look at Brown’s six front-runners and put them in order of likelihood where he will commit.

1. TEXAS A&M  

The feeling is that the Aggies hold an edge for Harris but that other schools are definitely within striking distance. There is a lot to like at Texas A&M, however, and Harris knows 2021 signees Deuce Harmon and Eli Stowers. If an agriculture studies program is what Harris wants to major in then College Station could make a whole lot of sense from both an academic and athletic standpoint.

2. TEXAS

The offer from Texas is relatively new coming in mid-February, but the feeling is that it won’t negatively impact the Longhorns, especially now that coach Steve Sarkisian and new defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski – among other coaches – are making Harris a bigger priority. One big thing in Texas’ favor is that it plans to use Harris in a variety of ways and not just pigeonhole him into one spot. With his athleticism and playmaking ability, plus Texas’ big-time reputation, it could be a major deal for the four-star.

3. OKLAHOMA

The Sooners did not offer until Feb. 17 and it was the most recent offer prior to Harris releasing his top six. Oklahoma making that cut is a major indication of just how important the Sooners will play in his thinking because Harris likes the program a lot and he knows it’s a big-time offer. Position coach Brian Odom may have some room to make up against other programs, but Oklahoma sells itself in many ways.

4. OKLAHOMA STATE

Oklahoma State was the second offer for Harris, and it’s important to him that the Cowboys were the first major program to really get involved in his recruitment and stay involved. He has also visited Stillwater for a game weekend and really liked what he saw in town and on campus, but will it be enough to overcome some bigger power teams in the SEC and the Big 12? The Cowboys might have a little ground to make up there.

5. BAYLOR

There are a lot of interesting things that could be playing a role in the Bears having a real shot at landing Harris. Coach Dave Aranda is a defensive-minded coach and Harris has been intrigued by his success at previous stops and what he’s trying to build at Baylor. The Bears also jumped in early in Harris’ recruitment and the education is strong, so the four-star will have to balance some recent struggles on the field and what he can contribute in Waco against some other programs on this list.

6. UTAH

Harris could play a hybrid linebacker role in the Utes’ defense, move all over the field and make plays. He’s also being recruited by position coach Colton Swan, who has done an excellent job on the trail. One concern is that Harris has displayed signs that he’s leaning toward staying closer to home, so even though it’s a compelling proposition, Utah might be too far away for him.

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting