Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Nick Harris:  Five-star Kelvin Banks discusses top eight schools, timeline for decision

Spoiler

Five-star Kelvin Banks discusses top eight schools, timeline for decision

Nick Harris

The state of Texas is proving to be deep in the 2022 cycle when it comes to offensive line talent, and Humble (Texas) Summer Creek offensive tackle Kelvin Banks is a big reason why.

Holding 24 offers from across the country, Banks cut his list to eight on his 17th birthday Wednesday as he starts to focus in on the schools that have shown him the most love thus far in the recruiting process. For Horns247, Banks discussed each of his top eight options:

Arkansas: "I love the coaches there, from day one. I didn't really know what to expect, but when I went on the virtual visit, I liked everything about it. Coach Pittman understands offensive linemen, where they come from and their certain situations, and he can help coach up the offensive line as well."

LSU: I love Coach Cregg. He's a good guy. We did a Zoom with my dad just talking about technique and stuff, my dad loved him. And then Coach O has a great personality."

Oklahoma: "I know they were pretty late coming in to offer, but they always kept in good communication with me even before they offered me. Even though they were late, they came in strong and had better communication than some coaches. Some other coaches would slack on it thinking they would already be in there."

Oklahoma State: "We have a really good relationship because it's almost been two years since we've been communicating with each other. It's a real good bond that we have. I talk to Coach Dickey, Coach Gundy and the whole recruiting staff there. It just feels like a place that I know and a place that I would succeed."

Ole Miss: "What really got me with Ole Miss was Coach Clements. He was at Florida State at first and I really liked him a lot and then when he went to Ole Miss, he offered me when he got there. I like Coach Kiffin, he's a genuine coach as well. Everyone I talk to there is just real genuine. I did a virtual with them as well."

Oregon: "I love Oregon as well. Coach Mirabal, he's a great guy as well. We did a virtual with them as well. Some coaches don't always be there, but he's someone you can always talk to. You don't gotta schedule a time to talk to him or anything. If he's free, he's gonna talk to you right then."

Texas: "What I really like about Texas is Coach Sark and Coach Flood. Coach Flood is a real good coach, I've sat there and watched his techniques and he showed me what they do. I love the coaching style and I love everything he does with the kids and how he develops his offensive linemen into NFL players."

Texas A&M: "Coach Henson, that's my guy. We talk probably three times a week just to get to know each other. Coach Fisher, I love his personality, I talk to him probably once a week. Texas and Texas A&M both had a birthday cake for me even though I wasn't there so that was pretty cool as well."

When looking for what program is Banks' best fit, he'll be looking for what program can provide him support all the way down from the coaches to the players and to the community on campus.

"The main thing that I really need to see from a program is the coaches and the brotherhood of the team and community," Banks said. "I don't want to go to a community and ask someone for something and they won't do it. As long as you're a good person, I'll have your back so I'm just looking for someone to have my back as well."

As far as a timeline goes for his decision, Banks plans on making five official visits if the NCAA dead period is lifted in the summer and will decide on which school best suits him soon after.

"I'm waiting to visit the five schools that I get the chance to," he said. "After that, I'll probably make my decision probably like right at the beginning of the season depending on how the visits go."

At 6-foot-5, 300 pounds, Banks is the No. 31 ranked recruit in the country for the class of 2022, according to 247Sports Composite. He is the No. 2 offensive tackle in the country and the No. 6 recruit from the state of Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Nick Harris:  Five-star Kelvin Banks discusses top eight schools, timeline for decision

Hide contents

Five-star Kelvin Banks discusses top eight schools, timeline for decision

Nick Harris

The state of Texas is proving to be deep in the 2022 cycle when it comes to offensive line talent, and Humble (Texas) Summer Creek offensive tackle Kelvin Banks is a big reason why.

Holding 24 offers from across the country, Banks cut his list to eight on his 17th birthday Wednesday as he starts to focus in on the schools that have shown him the most love thus far in the recruiting process. For Horns247, Banks discussed each of his top eight options:

Arkansas: "I love the coaches there, from day one. I didn't really know what to expect, but when I went on the virtual visit, I liked everything about it. Coach Pittman understands offensive linemen, where they come from and their certain situations, and he can help coach up the offensive line as well."

LSU: I love Coach Cregg. He's a good guy. We did a Zoom with my dad just talking about technique and stuff, my dad loved him. And then Coach O has a great personality."

Oklahoma: "I know they were pretty late coming in to offer, but they always kept in good communication with me even before they offered me. Even though they were late, they came in strong and had better communication than some coaches. Some other coaches would slack on it thinking they would already be in there."

Oklahoma State: "We have a really good relationship because it's almost been two years since we've been communicating with each other. It's a real good bond that we have. I talk to Coach Dickey, Coach Gundy and the whole recruiting staff there. It just feels like a place that I know and a place that I would succeed."

Ole Miss: "What really got me with Ole Miss was Coach Clements. He was at Florida State at first and I really liked him a lot and then when he went to Ole Miss, he offered me when he got there. I like Coach Kiffin, he's a genuine coach as well. Everyone I talk to there is just real genuine. I did a virtual with them as well."

Oregon: "I love Oregon as well. Coach Mirabal, he's a great guy as well. We did a virtual with them as well. Some coaches don't always be there, but he's someone you can always talk to. You don't gotta schedule a time to talk to him or anything. If he's free, he's gonna talk to you right then."

Texas: "What I really like about Texas is Coach Sark and Coach Flood. Coach Flood is a real good coach, I've sat there and watched his techniques and he showed me what they do. I love the coaching style and I love everything he does with the kids and how he develops his offensive linemen into NFL players."

Texas A&M: "Coach Henson, that's my guy. We talk probably three times a week just to get to know each other. Coach Fisher, I love his personality, I talk to him probably once a week. Texas and Texas A&M both had a birthday cake for me even though I wasn't there so that was pretty cool as well."

When looking for what program is Banks' best fit, he'll be looking for what program can provide him support all the way down from the coaches to the players and to the community on campus.

"The main thing that I really need to see from a program is the coaches and the brotherhood of the team and community," Banks said. "I don't want to go to a community and ask someone for something and they won't do it. As long as you're a good person, I'll have your back so I'm just looking for someone to have my back as well."

As far as a timeline goes for his decision, Banks plans on making five official visits if the NCAA dead period is lifted in the summer and will decide on which school best suits him soon after.

"I'm waiting to visit the five schools that I get the chance to," he said. "After that, I'll probably make my decision probably like right at the beginning of the season depending on how the visits go."

At 6-foot-5, 300 pounds, Banks is the No. 31 ranked recruit in the country for the class of 2022, according to 247Sports Composite. He is the No. 2 offensive tackle in the country and the No. 6 recruit from the state of Texas.

Well that has me excited as fuck. Banks gives TWO "loves" for Hand and company.  LSU came close but with one of the loves coming from Dad.  CB Texas!

Edited by horn4life

Well that has me excited as fuck. Banks gives TWO "loves" for Hand and company.  LSU came close but with one of the loves coming from Dad.  CB Texas!
But but..Coach Henson is his guy, and he likes the Hobbits personality. They are besties and talk once a week!

Nick Harris:  Kelvin Banks discusses Texas interest after including Longhorns in top eight

Spoiler

Kelvin Banks discusses Texas interest after including Longhorns in top eight

Nick Harris

Humble (Texas) Summer Creek five-star offensive tackle Kelvin Banks has emerged as one of the top targets for a handful of major programs in the state of Texas and across the country as he joins a crowded talented in-state offensive line class near the top.

Texas initially offered Banks ahead of his sophomore season in 2019 and was quickly re-offered by the new staff in January. Since then, Banks has been able to build solid relationships with Steve Sarkisian, offensive line coach Kyle Flood and special teams coordinator Jeff Banks.

"Our relationship is good," Banks said. "What I really like about Texas is Coach Sark and Coach Flood. Coach Flood is a real good coach, I've sat there and watched his techniques and he showed me what they do. I love the coaching style and I love everything he does with the kids and how he develops his offensive linemen into NFL players."

The motto "All Gas, No Brakes" has been heavily communicated by the new coaching staff, and it's been something that recruits have bought into early on, including Banks.

"That's a real good thing that I buy into," he said. "With 'All Gas, No Brakes' you're always going. There's never a point in your athletic career that you can feel like you can stop what you're doing. I don't really mess with rankings that much but I know that I'm a highly ranked guy, and I can't stop going and I can't stop my work ethic. That's basically what I take from 'All Gas, No Brakes.'"

Looking forward, Banks looks forward to seeing how the players buy in to the message and how it translates onto the field.

"I'm just waiting to see how the players buy into what Coach Sark tells them," he said. "Coach Sark, Coach Flood and Coach Banks have the material and I look forward to the players buying into what the coaches give them."

Banks visited Texas before the pandemic and came away with good impressions of the city of the Austin.

"It's a very high profile city where you can meet a lot of new people," he said. "I always like to meet new people and make new friends. There's a lot of things to do out there, you won't be just sitting in your room. On your free days, you can go out with your friends and do stuff."

13 hours ago, Ravishing Rick said:

A buddy of mine as a youth yanked it so hard using shampoo in the shower that he suffered severe irritation and had to rush to the ER. The doctor took a look at it and said “you used shampoo didn’t you.  Use lotion next time.”

Just trying to help satya here 

useful for futureman, too

12 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Is it even remotely safe to return to this thread yet? I skipped to the end, but I'm just assuming/hoping that I've stepped over the carnage that certainly must be Satya's vaginal blood all over this thread and a fuck ton of Wescott Ebberts bullshit. 

Cmon, man, at least spell his name right. It's spelled "Whiny Pussybitch."

Serra’s OL is definitely bad and they’re the worse team for sure, but Murphy is doing really poorly. He had a decent pocket in third and long and completely air mails an open receiver and almost throws a pick. His footwork and arm motion have been horrible so far. Just inconsistent and sloppy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Serra’s OL is definitely bad and they’re the worse team for sure, but Murphy is doing really poorly. He had a decent pocket in third and long and completely air mails an open receiver and almost throws a pick. His footwork and arm motion have been horrible so far. Just inconsistent and sloppy. 

He's so far behind what we are used to seeing with Texas HS QBs that it's unreal. He never does the same thing twice. Release point. Arm slot. Footwork. Milroe has a lot of work to do and he's miles ahead of this. He's a build from the ground up. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

A more mobile QB might have been able to buy more time, but it was tough sledding.

Yeah, he’s had a lot of plays where he never had a chance, but it would be nice to see him execute better when he is given time. He’s reverting back to the sloppy footwork and arm motion shown in his sophomore film rather than the guy who was tearing up 7v7 a couple weeks ago. He’s gonna have to learn how to navigate a pocket, keep his eyes down field and not get worried and forget all his mechanics. This is still his first varsity football start, so he should adjust over time, but he is very raw. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting