Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

I was looking At Kris Kross' film and not a whole lot jumped out. He will be alright. He isn't that big and doesn't have an elite first step but he is pretty big, has decent quickness, and is pretty aggressive. He seems like a high floor kind of guy for us. I think the idea with him is to put additional functional weight on him and have him plug the interior with bull rushing and enough quickness to get off blocks. I think we will warm up to him and he will be a productive player for us but I don't see stardom.

Solid analysis.

Anyway you basically described high school T'Vondre Sweat, minus the Schrodinger's cat size situation. Now Sweat is an interior terror that shits out helmets he ate for breakfast. Therefore I'm putting Ross down for the same and I'll hold you, @Bevo, personally responsible if it doesn't happen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Solid analysis.

Anyway you basically described high school T'Vondre Sweat, minus the Schrodinger's cat size situation. Now Sweat is an interior terror that shits out helmets he ate for breakfast. Therefore I'm putting Ross down for the same and I'll hold you, @Bevo, personally responsible if it doesn't happen.

It may not read properly, but I was simply stating that he is okay at everything but nothing stands out. I wrote it that way so I could work in "Jump", "Alright", and "Warm it Up".

(Gerry Hamilton) IT Recruiting Matters: It's back! The 2022 best class scenario

Spoiler

Texas is back on the board with the commitment of four-star defensive tackle Kristopher Ross. With the verbal by the 6-foot-3, 279-pound long-armed and quick defensive tackle, the Longhorns again are moving up in various class rankings with a shot at a top 5 class come December and February.

The verbal of Ross is indeed a big one. North Shore used to be a school Mack Brown and the Longhorns won many big battles, but in recent years those battles have been lost. Beating out Oklahoma, USC and LSU for Ross is another sign the Texas staff is a strong one, and heading the right direction on the recruiting trail.

With Ross in the fold, it’s time to revisit my best class scenario for the Longhorns in 2022. This is NOT a prediction, but just the best class scenario with the latest on many on the list.

QB Quinn Ewers, Southlake Carroll (Ohio State commit)
6-3, 210
What to know: New Orleans is watching this recruitment closely
Born to throw a football in Burnt Orange?

QB Maalik Murphy, Junipero Serra
6-5, 225
Committed to: #AllGasNoBrakes
Texas is looking at Murphy as what they can develop him into way down the road. Arm power is elite. Recruiting ability is very good too.

RB Jaydon Blue, Klein Cain
5-10.5, 205
Blues Clues ran 10.7 FAT last week at over 200 pounds.

RB Jamarion Miller, Tyler Legacy
5-9.5, 195
The competition: Oklahoma State and Alabama
A recruitment that once seemed like a lock to Texas is going to need a momentum swing back towards Austin.

WR Evan Stewart, Frisco Liberty
6-0, 175
The skinny: Texas vs. SEC, now including Texas A&M.
Freak athlete with developing WR understanding working with Margin Hooks.

WR Jordan Hudson, Garland High
6-1, 185
Where it stands: Texas still working on the Oklahoma verbal
Hudson has the best hands in America in 2022, and sneaky athleticism

WR Chris Marshall, Fort Bend Marshall
6-3, 195
Trio fighting it out: Texas A&M looking to hold off Texas and Alabama
Quick developing playmaker also averages 20 points per game in hoops in Fort Bend ISD!

WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville
6-2, 180
Looked smoother and quicker than ever at recent Under Armour Camp Dallas, where he ran a 4.59 laser forty.

TE Holden Staes, Westminster School (Ga)
6-4, 230
The competition: SEC power, Notre Dame and Mack Brown
Long shot, but Jeff Banks loves these battles. Could be a class without a TE pending spring practice returns.

OT Neto Umeozulu, Allen
6-4, 297
The competition: Alabama, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, you name it
Allen High has a head coach opening, Texas should help them fill it.

OT Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek
6-5, 300
Inside skinny: Texas still leads Texas A&M and LSU with a few others on the outside looking in
Plays for Kenny Harrison at Summer Creek.

OG Earnest Green, St. John Bosco (CA)
6-4, 330
Competition: USC, Oregon, Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, Florida
Green is worth the fight. One of the very best OG’s in the country.

OT/G Kam Dewberry, Atascocita
6-4, 320
Where it stands: Ohio State, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Texas
Big recruitment for Kyle Flood working from behind against Texas A&M and Oklahoma. Dewberry likes Ohio State best. Parents like closer to home more.

OG Devon Campbell, Arlington Bowie
6-3.5, 317
The inside skinny without Steve McKinney: Texas leads Oklahoma, Alabama
Flood is doing very well from a relationship building standpoint, and that is huge in this recruitment.

OG Connor Robertson or Cole Hutson
Texas should win out on one of the two, but neither are locks. Robertson now has Stanford to go with every other Pac-12 south of Eugene. Hutson is moving towards a Texas vs. Oklahoma throw down.

DT Jaray Bledsoe, Bremond
6-4, 270
The real contenders: Texas A&M, Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma
Bledsoe still likes the idea of Oklahoma. Bo Davis has the best position coach relationship. Two zoom calls with Nick Saban, and Texas A&M working very hard.

DT Kristopher Ross, North Shore
6-3, 279
Bo Davis owns North Shore, or did everyone forget?

DE/EDGE Derrick Brown, Texas High
6-4, 205
The competition: Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Colorado
Will be committed prior to senior season, could be as early as June or as late as August. Texas working from behind.

DE/EDGE D.J. Wesolak, Booneville (MO)
6-5, 236
The competition: Clemson, Notre Dame, Texas A&M
Good buddy in area Tyson Ford is a verbal to ND, but the Fighting Irish have three EDGE prospect committed in the class already. Clemson was a huge offer. Sark and PK have Texas right there.

LB Trevell Johnson, Arlington Martin
6-1, 195
A hidden gem in terms of being a guy that is an active recruiter for the Longhorns in the class.

LB Harold Perkins, Cy Park
6-2.5, 205
The competition: Texas A&M, Alabama, USC, Florida
Jeff Banks continues to chip away, and Perkins likes the conversations. This recruitment remains scheduled to go to early January.

S Jacoby Mathews, Ponchatoula (LA)
6-1.5, 210
The competition: Florida, LSU and Clemson
IT remains the same here, Texas leads Florida and LSU. Some very good connections with Terry Joseph and the Ponchatoula coaching staff.

S Bryan Allen Jr., Aledo
Commitment: #AllGasNoBrakes
6-0, 190
Favorite IT poster remains @keganr

N/CB/S Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook
5-11, 185
The competition: Texas A&M, USC, Stanford
James Brown vs. Chip Ambres recruitment … James still predicts the Longhorns! OV’s to Texas A&M and USC scheduled the first two weekends in June.

N/CB Jaylon Guilbeau, Port Arthur Memorial
6-0, 180
Commitment: #AllGasNoBrakes
Golden Triangle toughness with good junior tape.

CB/N/S Terrance Brooks, Plano John Paul II
5-11, 188
The competition: Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Alabama, Stanford, Oklahoma
George Teague/Chet Brooks/Mom loves Bay Area. Terry Joseph is popular with the family.

CB Denver Harris, North Shore
6-1, 180
The competition: Alabama, Texas A&M, LSU
Texas back to owning North Shore?

K Blake Ford, Arlington Lamar
6-0, 190
The competition: Scholarship offers
Chris Sailer No. 1 ranked 2022 kicker

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 5:16 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lulz if he ends up picking aggy and that offense.  He's already got Florida and aggy OV's set up.  Probably Bama' and Georgia will get one as well.  Who else would be in contention besides us for the last one?

Auburn?

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Gerry said that he expects Ross to be in ESPN's top 150 when they update rankings.

What do you think? He seems fine to me but not top 150 in the country.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Texas is looking at Murphy as what they can develop him into way down the road. Arm power is elite. Recruiting ability is very good too.

Maybe he didn't mean it the way it sounds, but it comes across kind of douchey.

Mike at Night: What's next for Texas on the recruiting trail?

Spoiler

Texas landed a commitment from North Shore defensive tackle Kristopher Ross today.

Instead of doing our normal version of Who’s next as we typically do after a commitment, I figured I would move that segment to Mike at Night and try to delve a little deeper into each of these names and walk through my thought process on each of the guys I feel could be among the next five in the 2022 class.

Bryce Anderson, S, Beaumont Westbrook

We’ve had Anderson on this list for a while, and I continue to hear a lot of positive buzz around him. That said, I’ve also heard that talk that Anderson and his family have been expressing similar feelings with several different other programs. Any time I hear something like that, it gives me pause as kids routinely try to keep people guessing. Our best intel says that Anderson will make a commitment before the summer and they expect Texas to be the pick, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit apprehensive because of the reports of the feeling he’s giving other schools. In the end, there is one factor that I’ve heard about which favors Texas. I can’t get into it right now, but it’s the main reason I’m still bullish on Texas and Anderson.

Connor Robertson, OL, Austin Westlake

I believe that if Robertson has the ability to commit to the Longhorns, he will absolutely do it. It’s not hard to connect the dots here as Robertson is a local kid from a Texas feeder school with Longhorns in the family. In fact, when Robertson was offered, he wasn’t shy in admitting that Texas was the offer he waited his entire life for. I’m mildly surprised he didn’t jump on the offer earlier, but I also believe he is taking some time with the process and making sure he’s thorough in his research. It almost reminds me of the Sam Ehlinger recruitment where we knew it would be Texas from the beginning, but he did take a month or two making the decision. If Texas continues to push, I don’t see how they lose this one.

Jacoby Mathews, S, Ponchatoula (La.)

There are times when the buzz is so overwhelming on a guy that you have to pay attention to it even if you can’t quite believe it yourself. That’s where I’m at with Mathews who seems sincere in his interest of Texas. In the past it’s been tough to see the Longhorns overcome the programs they are in the race with for a player like this. Our best intel says that Texas is in the lead and could lock Mathews down sooner rather than later. Even our most conservative intel says that Texas is at worst second for the elite prospect. Could he shut things down before the dead period and make a commitment to the Longhorns without in-state power LSU or longtime favorite Florida playing a factor? It wouldn’t surprise me based on what I’ve heard, but I’m still a bit suspect.

Cole Hutson, OL, Frisco

I think this race comes down to Texas and Oklahoma in the end, and I think Texas has what it needs in the education department to put the Longhorns over the top. I can’t see Hutson making a decision early without taking a few visits and seeing the campuses he’s really considering. Texas is surging strongly in this one as Texas A&M appears to be fading from what once was a strong position. Perhaps that indicates confidence in a few other targets for the Aggies, but the Longhorns certainly have the attention of Hutson and his family. He appears to be serious about finding the right fit for himself with a plan to study business on the table. Texas is unmatched there among all of his suitors, and I think his personality fits at a program like Texas. I’ve been wrong here before, but it’s easy to see a guy like Hutson ending up at Texas.

Niuafe Tuihalamaka, LB, Mission Hills (Calif.) Bishop Alemany

This one takes a little more projecting, but I feel Texas is probably in second at worst for the west coast defender. Tuihalamaka has been talking up Texas and Notre Dame since decommitting from USC, and his relationship with Steve Sarkisian stands out along with his familiarity with former west coasters Pete Kwiatkowski and Jeff Choate. Tuihalamaka has been clear about wanting to take his visits if available this summer, and he’s a guy Maalik Murphy has been working on hard. If I had to guess, I’d say they probably take their visits together and that’s where the Longhorns could put some distance between themselves and the field. Austin usually feels like a natural transition for southern California kids, and Texas can win this recruitment then if everything goes right.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Mike at Night: What's next for Texas on the recruiting trail?

Hide contents

Texas landed a commitment from North Shore defensive tackle Kristopher Ross today.

Instead of doing our normal version of Who’s next as we typically do after a commitment, I figured I would move that segment to Mike at Night and try to delve a little deeper into each of these names and walk through my thought process on each of the guys I feel could be among the next five in the 2022 class.

Bryce Anderson, S, Beaumont Westbrook

We’ve had Anderson on this list for a while, and I continue to hear a lot of positive buzz around him. That said, I’ve also heard that talk that Anderson and his family have been expressing similar feelings with several different other programs. Any time I hear something like that, it gives me pause as kids routinely try to keep people guessing. Our best intel says that Anderson will make a commitment before the summer and they expect Texas to be the pick, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit apprehensive because of the reports of the feeling he’s giving other schools. In the end, there is one factor that I’ve heard about which favors Texas. I can’t get into it right now, but it’s the main reason I’m still bullish on Texas and Anderson.

Connor Robertson, OL, Austin Westlake

I believe that if Robertson has the ability to commit to the Longhorns, he will absolutely do it. It’s not hard to connect the dots here as Robertson is a local kid from a Texas feeder school with Longhorns in the family. In fact, when Robertson was offered, he wasn’t shy in admitting that Texas was the offer he waited his entire life for. I’m mildly surprised he didn’t jump on the offer earlier, but I also believe he is taking some time with the process and making sure he’s thorough in his research. It almost reminds me of the Sam Ehlinger recruitment where we knew it would be Texas from the beginning, but he did take a month or two making the decision. If Texas continues to push, I don’t see how they lose this one.

Jacoby Mathews, S, Ponchatoula (La.)

There are times when the buzz is so overwhelming on a guy that you have to pay attention to it even if you can’t quite believe it yourself. That’s where I’m at with Mathews who seems sincere in his interest of Texas. In the past it’s been tough to see the Longhorns overcome the programs they are in the race with for a player like this. Our best intel says that Texas is in the lead and could lock Mathews down sooner rather than later. Even our most conservative intel says that Texas is at worst second for the elite prospect. Could he shut things down before the dead period and make a commitment to the Longhorns without in-state power LSU or longtime favorite Florida playing a factor? It wouldn’t surprise me based on what I’ve heard, but I’m still a bit suspect.

Cole Hutson, OL, Frisco

I think this race comes down to Texas and Oklahoma in the end, and I think Texas has what it needs in the education department to put the Longhorns over the top. I can’t see Hutson making a decision early without taking a few visits and seeing the campuses he’s really considering. Texas is surging strongly in this one as Texas A&M appears to be fading from what once was a strong position. Perhaps that indicates confidence in a few other targets for the Aggies, but the Longhorns certainly have the attention of Hutson and his family. He appears to be serious about finding the right fit for himself with a plan to study business on the table. Texas is unmatched there among all of his suitors, and I think his personality fits at a program like Texas. I’ve been wrong here before, but it’s easy to see a guy like Hutson ending up at Texas.

Niuafe Tuihalamaka, LB, Mission Hills (Calif.) Bishop Alemany

This one takes a little more projecting, but I feel Texas is probably in second at worst for the west coast defender. Tuihalamaka has been talking up Texas and Notre Dame since decommitting from USC, and his relationship with Steve Sarkisian stands out along with his familiarity with former west coasters Pete Kwiatkowski and Jeff Choate. Tuihalamaka has been clear about wanting to take his visits if available this summer, and he’s a guy Maalik Murphy has been working on hard. If I had to guess, I’d say they probably take their visits together and that’s where the Longhorns could put some distance between themselves and the field. Austin usually feels like a natural transition for southern California kids, and Texas can win this recruitment then if everything goes right.

TL:DNR:

Mike Roach is a big ole pussy and the idea of having to choose the toppings on his subway makes his asshole pucker up like a snare drum and his balls rocket up past his ample abdomen. I’m amazed that guy isn’t a full blown agoraphobic. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

TL:DNR:

Mike Roach is a big ole pussy and the idea of having to choose the toppings on his subway makes his asshole pucker up like a snare drum and his balls rocket up past his ample abdomen. I’m amazed that guy isn’t a full blown agoraphobic. 

Ear to the hardwood floor

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting