Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, Dijon Robinson said:

If memory serves, wasn't Banks one of the aggy signees that hates Texas? I'd be wary of this just being him trolling

After reading your weak shit for awhile, I don’t want to sound condescending or anything, but one of the things that might help your posts in the future is if you’d grow a dick and be a man or something. As it stands now, wow. Great handle and terrible, insecure takes. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

After reading your weak shit for awhile, I don’t want to sound condescending or anything, but one of the things that might help your posts in the future is if you’d grow a dick and be a man or something. As it stands now, wow. Great handle and terrible, insecure takes. 

He gets pussy hurt easily.  Check the Durant thread.  Probably under 30...

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I've never made a single bad post on this site. You may be projecting.

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

My cooter is the second dustiest in Texas, thank you very much.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Dijon Robinson said:

If memory serves, wasn't Banks one of the aggy signees that hates Texas? I'd be wary of this just being him trolling

He grew up an aggy fan, but he didn't seem to have any special ill will towards UT.

6 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Oh yeah, because older people on the internet are notoriously even-keeled and thick-skinned.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Bevo14 said:

Do they though? 3* on rivals and low 4* on 247 vs 23rd in the nation on ESPN.  

Feels like 247 is going to bump him - at least Roach raves about him (not that he has any pull). Rivals gonna Rivals. 

He's going to consistently have the issue that it's looking like a drama-free recruitment that ends at a non-blueblood. There's no clicks in it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

ESPN updated its rankings.  Murphy dropped to #154.  Ross #170 (BOMC!).  Here's link to Texas rankings.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/state/texas/class/2022/view/state

Jordan Hudson at #12 in the country is just dumb. 

9 minutes ago, Fud said:

The one who should really be higher is Neto, imo 

That dude could likely pick up the phone and commit to any team in the country right now 

His rating on all the sites is way off from schools’ interest in him. 

Rivals West Coast guy did a recruiting tidbits article. Here's cliffs of what's relevant to Texas and OU

Jovantae Barnes- USC leads, with OU and Bama in it

Anthony Jones- Texas offer is a big deal. Watch for Oregon and Miami

Harold Perkins- "many believe that A&M is the team to beat", mentions upcoming visits to USC, Oregon and Florida. Reads like the author doesn't have a beat on this recruitment

Khurtiss Perry- five out of state programs are standing out (he's an Alabama kid); Ohio State, Florida, Texas, Meat Chicken, and Oregon

Zac Swanson- Texas could be leading the top four of Texas, USC, Oregon, and Kentucky

Jake Taylor- OU leads, with Bama next, and Notre Dame third

CJ Williams- three OVs scheduled might be his top three schools in Ohio State, Texas, and Notre Dame, with USC also in it

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Feels like 247 is going to bump him - at least Roach raves about him (not that he has any pull). Rivals gonna Rivals. 

He's going to consistently have the issue that it's looking like a drama-free recruitment that ends at a non-blueblood. There's no clicks in it.

image.png.45b3df4a2b6e56799eb91b2d37ffd1f1.png

• Haha 5

48 minutes ago, Fud said:

It's a loaded in-state class. I don't think Blue at 20 is terrible. 

Wha? You have a 200+lb back running a 10.7 100m, averaging 9.5ypc against Texas 6A competition, behind:

Weigman, Williams, Bledsoe, Allen, Anderson & Anderson, Abor, Burton, and Hudson? 

I agree on Neto. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Wha? You have a 200+lb back running a 10.7 100m, averaging 9.5ypc against Texas 6A competition, behind:

Weigman, Williams, Bledsoe, Allen, Anderson & Anderson, Abor, Burton, and Hudson? 

I agree on Neto. 

The hudl doesn't blow me away, but the measurables and stats are great. In most years he seems like a top 10-15 type, but in the loaded 2022 he seems more like a top 15-20 type to me. I usually discount RBs a little bit unless they're elite-elite 

I'd have Hudson (top ten), Abor (top ten), and B Anderson (top fifteen) ahead of him for sure. Same ballpark as Weigman, Bledsoe, Allen, and Williams (positional value); I see some guys as being in the same tier and not worth splitting hairs over the order within that tier. Burton and N Anderson behind him for me. 

I'd have Neto ahead of him for sure. Maybe Hunter Erb too; he's in the top 20 somewhere. Maybe Marshall

I'm also not convinced that he's better than Miller, and would have Miller in the same tier

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Zhorn96 said:

Does anyone take ESPN ratings seriously?

I think their in-state rankings are noteworthy since Gerry is probably a large part of them. Of course, he's probably posting his combined in-state with Nahlin soon, which probably more closely reflects his personal rankings than ESPN's

From the latest ESPN Article

Spoiler

WR Evan Stewart
ESPN 300 ranking: 8
ESPN Jr. 300 ranking: 25

Stewart moves up to the No. 1 wide receiver spot and earned his fifth star by posting a blazing 4.49 laser-timed 40 this past March and a 10.74 100 meters on the track. He's a football player with track speed -- not the other way around. He has a solid 6-foot, 175-pound frame and, pound for pound, might be the most dangerous offensive weapon in this class. Stewart has excellent hands and ball skills. As a route runner, he compares favorably with Calvin Ridley, Jerry Jeudy and Amari Cooper when they came out, which says a lot.

A onetime Texas commit, Stewart opened his recruitment back up in early March. While the Longhorns are still in the mix, several SEC programs are making a push for the receiver, including in-state Texas A&M, Florida, Georgia and Alabama.

WR Jordan Hudson
ESPN 300 ranking: 12
ESPN Jr. 300 ranking: 36

Like Stewart, Hudson is a gifted route runner, and given his speed and quickness, he should become an elite separator at the next level. He can run by defenders in the open field, a true difference-maker who makes it look effortless. Hudson plays defense and could be a legitimate corner at the next level if given the chance. It would be surprising if he's not a day-one contributor or even an impact player for Oklahoma.

New five-star bigs

OT Devon Campbell
ESPN 300 ranking:
ESPN Jr. 300 ranking: 10

At roughly 6-foot-4, 310 pounds, Campbell may very well end up sliding inside to guard in college, but regardless of where he might line up, he is an excellent prospect, a powerful player who can deliver a jolting pop on contact but also make blocks with mobility. This uncommitted five-star is a big body who is light on his feet. Agile with good balance, he can mirror rushers in pass protection and possesses tremendous range with ability to adjust well on the move and be a factor as a blocker at the second level. Currently leading a talented group of tackle prospects in this class, Campbell backed up his film with a strong showing at the Under Armour Dallas camp in March, standing out both in drills and during one-on-one interviews.

Campbell released his list of eight schools in late February, and from that group, Oklahoma and USC look poised to receive summer visits, if permitted. In-state Texas is also a program to watch from that group for the mobile offensive lineman.

OLB Harold Perkins
ESPN 300 ranking: 
ESPN Jr. 300 ranking: 28

The top-rated linebacker, Perkins is a playmaking presence off the edge. A prospect with a good frame and physical upside, he's also tough to run from, with excellent sideline-to-sideline speed and range. He contributes as a running back in high school, where you see the quick feet he utilizes to slip blocks and the burst with which he exploits tackles off the edge as a pass-rusher. Perkins is an exciting player to watch, and you could argue he is just scratching the surface of the player he can be, which should be unsettling for opposing offenses in the future.

The playmaking edge defender doesn't seem to be rushing any commitment, and highly sought after, he will have options, but this could turn into an in-state battle between Texas and Texas A&M.

DT Jaray Bledsoe
ESPN 300 ranking: 

Bledsoe went from not having a HUDL profile at the beginning of the 2020 season to becoming one of the most coveted defensive tackle prospects in less than four months. The 6-foot-4, 270-pound small-school budding star can hang on the rim on the hardwood and possesses a quick first step for his size -- and he has yet to begin scratching the surface physically. Texas A&M, Texas, Alabama and Oklahoma are in serious contention.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

I think their in-state rankings are noteworthy since Gerry is probably a large part of them. Of course, he's probably posting his combined in-state with Nahlin soon, which probably more closely reflects his personal rankings than ESPN's

i suppose that's fair.  In general, I think ESPN's ratings are trash.  Rivals is ok outside of the West Coast, which they largely ignore.  247 is by far the best IMO

Why does it feel like the aggy hobbit will find a way to push Stewart towards Bama even if he would prefer prefer playing closer to home?

I mean if Dumbo is anything like Rumlin, he'll sell recruits on the SEC more than aggy..and if you wanna play in the SEC and hold a commitable Bama offer, its a no brainer.

34 minutes ago, maninblack said:

From the latest ESPN Article

Hide contents

WR Evan Stewart
ESPN 300 ranking: 8
ESPN Jr. 300 ranking: 25

Stewart moves up to the No. 1 wide receiver spot and earned his fifth star by posting a blazing 4.49 laser-timed 40 this past March and a 10.74 100 meters on the track. He's a football player with track speed -- not the other way around. He has a solid 6-foot, 175-pound frame and, pound for pound, might be the most dangerous offensive weapon in this class. Stewart has excellent hands and ball skills. As a route runner, he compares favorably with Calvin Ridley, Jerry Jeudy and Amari Cooper when they came out, which says a lot.

A onetime Texas commit, Stewart opened his recruitment back up in early March. While the Longhorns are still in the mix, several SEC programs are making a push for the receiver, including in-state Texas A&M, Florida, Georgia and Alabama.

WR Jordan Hudson
ESPN 300 ranking: 12
ESPN Jr. 300 ranking: 36

Like Stewart, Hudson is a gifted route runner, and given his speed and quickness, he should become an elite separator at the next level. He can run by defenders in the open field, a true difference-maker who makes it look effortless. Hudson plays defense and could be a legitimate corner at the next level if given the chance. It would be surprising if he's not a day-one contributor or even an impact player for Oklahoma.

New five-star bigs

OT Devon Campbell
ESPN 300 ranking:
ESPN Jr. 300 ranking: 10

At roughly 6-foot-4, 310 pounds, Campbell may very well end up sliding inside to guard in college, but regardless of where he might line up, he is an excellent prospect, a powerful player who can deliver a jolting pop on contact but also make blocks with mobility. This uncommitted five-star is a big body who is light on his feet. Agile with good balance, he can mirror rushers in pass protection and possesses tremendous range with ability to adjust well on the move and be a factor as a blocker at the second level. Currently leading a talented group of tackle prospects in this class, Campbell backed up his film with a strong showing at the Under Armour Dallas camp in March, standing out both in drills and during one-on-one interviews.

Campbell released his list of eight schools in late February, and from that group, Oklahoma and USC look poised to receive summer visits, if permitted. In-state Texas is also a program to watch from that group for the mobile offensive lineman.

OLB Harold Perkins
ESPN 300 ranking: 
ESPN Jr. 300 ranking: 28

The top-rated linebacker, Perkins is a playmaking presence off the edge. A prospect with a good frame and physical upside, he's also tough to run from, with excellent sideline-to-sideline speed and range. He contributes as a running back in high school, where you see the quick feet he utilizes to slip blocks and the burst with which he exploits tackles off the edge as a pass-rusher. Perkins is an exciting player to watch, and you could argue he is just scratching the surface of the player he can be, which should be unsettling for opposing offenses in the future.

The playmaking edge defender doesn't seem to be rushing any commitment, and highly sought after, he will have options, but this could turn into an in-state battle between Texas and Texas A&M.

DT Jaray Bledsoe
ESPN 300 ranking: 

Bledsoe went from not having a HUDL profile at the beginning of the 2020 season to becoming one of the most coveted defensive tackle prospects in less than four months. The 6-foot-4, 270-pound small-school budding star can hang on the rim on the hardwood and possesses a quick first step for his size -- and he has yet to begin scratching the surface physically. Texas A&M, Texas, Alabama and Oklahoma are in serious contention.

have there been any reports lately on Bledsoe’s recruitment? It seems like we’re running third behind OU and A&M. 

ESPN300 recruits of interest

Spoiler

1. Quinn Ewers (Ohio State)

7. Devon Campbell

8. Evan Stewart

10. Harold Perkins

12. Jordan Hudson (OU)

14. Shazz Preston

17. Talyn Shettron (OU)

20. Denver Harris

23. Ernest Cooper

27. Omari Abor

29. Kelvin Banks

31. Bear Alexander (Georgia)

38. Kamari Wilson

42. Luther Burden (Oklahoma)

47. Malick Sylla (Texas A&M)

50. Terrance Brooks

51. Conner Weigman (Texas A&M)

54. PJ Williams (Texas A&M)

56. Jacoby Mathews

58. Bryce Anderson

60. Jaray Bledsoe

61. Nick Anderson

63. Khurtiss Perry

66. Kevin Coleman

68. Jaleel Skinner

73. Caleb Burton (Ohio State)

77. Bryan Allen Jr. (Texas)

78. Earnest Greene

82. Jaydon Blue (Texas)

85. Raleek Brown (OU)

90. Neto Umeozulu

91. Brenen Thompson

92. DJ Wesolak

93. Chace Biddle

95. Niuafe Tuihalamaka

105. Kam Dewberry

106. Chris Marshall

110. Kobie McKinzie (OU)

119. Jamarion Miller

123. Armani Winfield (Texas)

127. Jarred Kerr

136. Cade Klubnik (Clemson)

147. Donovan Green (Texas A&M)

154. Maalik Murphy (Texas)

158. Sebastian Cheeks

161. Kojo Antwi

166. Nick Evers (Florida)

170. Kristopher Ross

172. Cristian Driver

180. Derrick Brown

195. TreVonte' Citizen

197. CJ Williams

205. Austin Jordan

213. Jadarian Price (Notre Dame)

217. Ephesians Prysock

233. Bobby Taylor (Texas A&M)

237. Jaylon Guilbeau (Texas)

241. Landon Hullaby (Oregon)

246. Jacob Sexton

251. Alex Orji

253. Matthew Golden

256. Cameron Williams

270. Tavorus Jones

274. Julian Humphrey

277. Garret Rangel (Oklahoma State)

290. Aaron Bryant

294. Jaylen Early

(Eric Nahlin) IT Recruiting Matters: Robby Snelling is a Reno Rarity

Spoiler

Can anyone recall the last time Texas offered a football player from Reno, Nevada? What about a baseball player?

To put how rare a Northern Nevada athlete showing up on the Texas radar is, per UT archivist, @Jonathan Wells, who has probably done more research into previous UT rosters than anyone alive, if Robby Snelling chose Texas and lettered in football he’d be the first ever Reno native to do so.

It was going to take a rare athlete to motivate the University of Texas to recruit The Biggest Little City in the World and that’s exactly what Snelling, a left handed pitcher slash linebacker, is. Forget Reno, you just don’t often find that combination anywhere. Not only does it require a unique size, athletic, and coordination combination, it requires the proper mindset. A mindset you’ll soon learn the McQueen high school junior has.

Inside Texas: Let’s start with what you’re looking for the most in a college choice. Are you thinking more baseball, football, or a blend of the two?

Robby Snelling: I’m looking for a blend of the two. I want to see how well the two coaches work with each other, how their communication is, who will give me my best opportunity to excel at both for as long as I can before I have to decide between the two.

IT: Do you have a preference between baseball and football?

RS: I can’t pick a favorite, I like whatever season I’m in. When it’s football season, I love it. When it’s baseball season, I love it.

IT: The way amateur baseball is these days, it seems like it’s year-round.

RS: One of the benefits of where I live is it’s tough to play year-round because of the cold weather. It’s like that in the Midwest and elsewhere. It allows me to not only play other sports but I get a chance to rest my arm.

IT: There’s a lot to like on the baseball side of things. I’ve read your fastball ranges between 87-93. Is that accurate?

RS: I’m consistently hitting the low to mid-90’s now. A couple of weeks ago I topped out at 94 but it hasn’t been in a game yet.

IT: How are you with the bat in your hands?

RS: If I wasn’t playing football I’d definitely consider myself a two-way guy. For not focusing on hitting I’m not bad at it. My travel-ball coach says I could be a two-way player. I’m hitting in the four-hole for my high school and travel team (Nor Cal Blue). Pitching is where it’s going to be for me long-term, though.

IT: The elephant in the room, is, what happens if the major leagues come calling? You’re very highly rated so I assume that’s at least an option.

RS: College is the first priority but Major League Baseball is still a possibility for sure. If it gets to a point they’re starting to talk about money we can’t turn down, we’ll have to consider it as a family. If you get drafted out of high school for baseball you can go back to school and they’ll pay for it. You can play a sport as long as it’s not the one you went pro in. College is the first priority, though.

IT: What schools are you hearing from the most?

RS: The University of Arizona has been good with communication with baseball and football. I just started to talk to UT and that’s going well. UCLA and Nebraska are two more I talk to often.

IT: All right, we know you’re a pitcher in baseball, what are you being recruited for in football. Watching your most recent clips I could see you being a tight end. Also, what’s your current size?

RS: Schools are recruiting me for inside linebacker and outside linebacker and I’m 6-foot-3, 215 pounds.

IT: It’s such a rarity for a pitcher to also play a physical position in football.

RS: Yes, normally they’re quarterbacks or receivers. People are surprised, they’ll say, “you don’t protect your body. You want to dish out.” Dishing it out is how you protect your body.

IT: Exactly. It’s like Nolan Ryan versus Robin Ventura.

RS: That’s the perfect analogy!

IT: Speaking of pros, Texas has former All-Star Troy Tulowitzki on its coaching staff. Is that something that registers?

RS: I noticed that. It’s definitely great, having that insight from a guy who has been at the highest level. That’s where every player wants to get no matter what sport they’re playing. You can pick their brain to help get you to the level they played at.

IT: Do you have any school visits planned?

RS: We’re going to Oregon, June 4th to the 6th; UT June 10th to the 13th; and Arizona June 16th to the 18th.

IT: What about a decision timeline?

RS: We’re just going to let things play out. We’ll decide no later than December.

IT: You’ve mentioned your family a few times. Sounds like you’re close and have a great support system.

RS: I really do. Both of my parents are teachers, and my dad is my football coach. They’re very supportive, whether it’s school, football, or baseball. We drive all the way to the Bay Area for travel-ball. In June we’ll only be home for six days.

IT: Ah ha! Your dad is a football coach. That clears things up a bit for me. It’s clear you appreciate them. I’m going to catch back up with you after your June visits. I appreciate your time. Safe travels and good luck.

RS: Thank you. I appreciate it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Fud said:

The comps I've seen from those who've seen Hudson recently are Crabtree and CD Lamb, and Lincoln Riley thought enough of him to take him early, and Sark is trying hard to flip him 

That is a weird duo as they aren't anything alike as receivers unless you are katfid.

• Haha 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting