Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 hours ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

How is Maalik so far this spring season? I recall our surly recruiting gurus pissing their panties after his meadoker 1st game. 

The consensus seems to be: "It's hard to tell, because the talent surrounding him, the competition, and the coaching aren't close to what we typically expect to see around a 5-star QB."

His rating has dropped to 4-star, due somewhat to the above and somewhat to just not lighting up the Spring California season with 500 yds and 7 TDs every game. The fact that his O-line is suspect, and the skill positions aren't teeming with talented gamebreakers everywhere makes it hard for him to do that. All that combined with limited reps, and him not being part of a machine-like HS football program (think LT, Westlake, Southlake, North Shore, Duncanville, Mater Dei, IMG Academy, etc.), leaves you with "He has physical talent, and has excelled at 7v7, but limited reps in a crappy program against lower competition leave enough question marks to label him a multi-year project."

Edited by Hornlover
  • Hook 'Em 3

How is Maalik so far this spring season? I recall our surly recruiting gurus pissing their panties after his meadoker 1st game. 
From what I've seen, his team and coaches are sub par, same for most of the competition he's faced. At the risk of sounding biased to Txhsfb, (I am) I have not been impressed overall with what I've seen out of Cali.

Having said that, doesnt mean they dont produce some outstanding athletes, and Maalik seems to be getting a bit better with each game. He's a guy that will need a minimum two seasons getting real coaching and watching from the sidelines at the college level, 3 seasons would be better. If he sticks around long enough I think he has potential to be special...but thats all it is right now, potential.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 4/9/2021 at 11:13 PM, JackBurton said:

Last I heard it was ND or Clemson, but Alabama/LSU/Florida have offered recently so who knows. It's still early

Notre Dame's 247 mod thinks that they might not have room for him right now after recently taking a DE commit 

• Hook 'Em 1

(Mike Roach) The Stampede: Predicting the 2022 offensive class

Spoiler

As we draw nearer to the summer and the hope that the NCAA dead period will end, the time has come to take our first shot at predicting what the 2022 class will look like.

Predictions are always difficult, especially when we are almost a year from this class wrapping up. As more evaluations and offers are made, the face of this class will continue to change and predictions should be looked at as an ongoing prospect.

Still, there must be a starting point somewhere and now feels like the best time to do so. We'll start with the offensive side of the ball where Steve Sarkisian looks to invigorate Texas' scoring and bring in some playmakers.

These projections are based on our intel at the moment, and a total class projection is incomplete as there are some positions we can't clearly project anyone to right now.

In this week's edition of The Stampede, Horns247's weekly gathering of recruiting intel, we take our first shot at predicting the 2022 class starting with the offensive recruits.

Maalik Murphy, QB, Gardena (Calif.) Junipero Serra

Murphy committed early in the cycle and has been the vocal leader of this group since that time. The west-coast passer is all in on being a Longhorn and is excited to get down to Austin and check out Texas on his official visit this summer. Murphy hasn’t been as active on social media since starting his short season in California, but he only has one week left in the year. It’s hard to see Murphy going anywhere outside of a mutual parting of ways, and it’s tough to see Texas wanting to walk away from a player with such a strong set of tools.

Jaydon Blue, RB, Klein Cain

Blue committed early to Texas and has been another big recruiter for the Longhorns. The top running back in the nation is coming off of a massively productive junior season and is gearing up to make a run at five-star status in his senior year. Blue has been factored into this class for a long time, but he’s also helping to bring in other offensive weapons with him. Blue seems solidly locked in, and he will play a major role for the Longhorns once he gets to Texas.

Tavorus Jones, RB, El Paso Burges

If I had to pinpoint a player who could commit on a visit this summer, Jones would be my odds-on favorite. There were times in the past year where Jones was close to pulling the trigger with the Longhorns, and a trip to Austin for an official visit could seal the deal for Texas. Jones’ big frame and explosive downhill ability is seen as a compatible fit to go along with Blue and fit nicely into Stan Drayton’s meeting room. The Longhorns are targeting a few different running back options, but Jones feels like the best bet at the moment.

Armani Winfield, WR, Lewisville

There have been times where Winfield might have wavered a bit, but his commitment is solid right now. Winfield wanted to be able to take his full complement of trips as a recruit and he should be able to do that now. Winfield was the first prospect in the class to commit to Steve Sarkisian, and Texas should be able to nail everything down after getting him on campus this summer.

Evan Stewart, WR, Frisco Liberty

It’s far from a sure thing, but I’ll remain firm in saying that Texas can get elite wide receiver Evan Stewart back if they just stay the course. As of now, the Longhorns are throwing everything they can at him as we enter a summer full of visits. Stewart’s scheduled trips are still up in the air at this point, and it’s unlikely there’s a firm schedule until he gets closer to those trips. I expect Stewart to be in Austin several times unofficially and his Texas official visit could push to the fall.

Kevin Coleman, WR, Saint Louis (Mo.) St. Mary’s

This is more of a projection, but there continues to be a lot of positive optimism in Austin when it comes to Kevin Coleman. The speedy Midwest receiver doesn’t talk a lot, but the Longhorns established themselves as players early on along with Alabama and Oregon. Coleman plans to take his time with the process, but Texas is capable of winning this battle with a good visit and a strong showing on the field in the fall. It will be a tough competition, but Texas feels good with where things stand moving into the summer.

Tight End

There isn’t a name I can safely project at this position yet. I fully expect Texas to sign at least one player at the position, but like I said last week, this is the position with the least amount of clarity at the moment. I do believe that Texas will eventually land one of the in-state project types they will have to build up, but it’s way too early to project a specific name at the moment.

Kelvin Banks, OL, Humble Summer Creek

It will be a tough race to land Banks, but I think Texas has really been coming on this race since Kyle Flood arrived. A source I spoke with close to Banks called him “unpredictable” when it comes to his decision-making process. Texas is a program Banks grew up watching and he’s mentioned them being a childhood favorite on multiple occasions. If Texas can convince him they are the right place for his development, Flood should be able to close the deal and land him. Texas A&M will pose the biggest threat, but Oklahoma could be a sneaky contender as well.

Cole Hutson, OL, Frisco

Hutson has his top schools set, but this feels like a battle that’s coming down to a head-to-head between Texas and Oklahoma. Hutson is set to visit this summer, and Texas has an advantage as Hutson wants to major in business and the Longhorns can sell the prestigious McCombs Business School as part of the overall package. Hutson is a major priority for the Longhorns as Steve Sarkisian and Kyle Flood have been in contact almost daily. I was also told by a source that the family has been impressed with the thoroughness of the recruiting presentations they’ve received over Zoom up until this point. In the end, I believe Texas wins this race.

Devon Campbell, OL, Arlington Bowie

I put in a 247Sports Crystal Ball pick for Campbell to land at Texas over a year ago. The Longhorns were one of the earliest programs to offer and have been a constant factor in his recruitment. Campbell plays things close to the vest, and those near him have even been in the dark on where things stand. Campbell has a few visits set up for the summer, but Texas hasn’t been scheduled as of yet. I’m told he will take a few unofficial throughout the year and likely save his official for the fall. Oklahoma is the school I see putting up the biggest fight, but I think Texas can win the five-star big man over.

Connor Robertson, OL, Austin Westlake

Robertson has been on my next to commit list for a while, and I currently have him projected in this class on the offensive line. While I still think Texas leads, Stanford has been making a push since offering. For athletes with big academic dreams, Palo Alto will always have a significant draw. Still, Texas presents a significant draw to Austin natives and Westlake has traditionally been a feeder program for the Longhorns. When Robertson was first offered, he talked about how he grew up dreaming of playing at Texas. Will that be enough to overcome the academic prestige of Stanford? I think so, but this is a race I’m watching closely.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

(Mike Roach) The Stampede: Predicting the 2022 offensive class

Hide contents

As we draw nearer to the summer and the hope that the NCAA dead period will end, the time has come to take our first shot at predicting what the 2022 class will look like.

Predictions are always difficult, especially when we are almost a year from this class wrapping up. As more evaluations and offers are made, the face of this class will continue to change and predictions should be looked at as an ongoing prospect.

Still, there must be a starting point somewhere and now feels like the best time to do so. We'll start with the offensive side of the ball where Steve Sarkisian looks to invigorate Texas' scoring and bring in some playmakers.

These projections are based on our intel at the moment, and a total class projection is incomplete as there are some positions we can't clearly project anyone to right now.

In this week's edition of The Stampede, Horns247's weekly gathering of recruiting intel, we take our first shot at predicting the 2022 class starting with the offensive recruits.

Maalik Murphy, QB, Gardena (Calif.) Junipero Serra

Murphy committed early in the cycle and has been the vocal leader of this group since that time. The west-coast passer is all in on being a Longhorn and is excited to get down to Austin and check out Texas on his official visit this summer. Murphy hasn’t been as active on social media since starting his short season in California, but he only has one week left in the year. It’s hard to see Murphy going anywhere outside of a mutual parting of ways, and it’s tough to see Texas wanting to walk away from a player with such a strong set of tools.

Jaydon Blue, RB, Klein Cain

Blue committed early to Texas and has been another big recruiter for the Longhorns. The top running back in the nation is coming off of a massively productive junior season and is gearing up to make a run at five-star status in his senior year. Blue has been factored into this class for a long time, but he’s also helping to bring in other offensive weapons with him. Blue seems solidly locked in, and he will play a major role for the Longhorns once he gets to Texas.

Tavorus Jones, RB, El Paso Burges

If I had to pinpoint a player who could commit on a visit this summer, Jones would be my odds-on favorite. There were times in the past year where Jones was close to pulling the trigger with the Longhorns, and a trip to Austin for an official visit could seal the deal for Texas. Jones’ big frame and explosive downhill ability is seen as a compatible fit to go along with Blue and fit nicely into Stan Drayton’s meeting room. The Longhorns are targeting a few different running back options, but Jones feels like the best bet at the moment.

Armani Winfield, WR, Lewisville

There have been times where Winfield might have wavered a bit, but his commitment is solid right now. Winfield wanted to be able to take his full complement of trips as a recruit and he should be able to do that now. Winfield was the first prospect in the class to commit to Steve Sarkisian, and Texas should be able to nail everything down after getting him on campus this summer.

Evan Stewart, WR, Frisco Liberty

It’s far from a sure thing, but I’ll remain firm in saying that Texas can get elite wide receiver Evan Stewart back if they just stay the course. As of now, the Longhorns are throwing everything they can at him as we enter a summer full of visits. Stewart’s scheduled trips are still up in the air at this point, and it’s unlikely there’s a firm schedule until he gets closer to those trips. I expect Stewart to be in Austin several times unofficially and his Texas official visit could push to the fall.

Kevin Coleman, WR, Saint Louis (Mo.) St. Mary’s

This is more of a projection, but there continues to be a lot of positive optimism in Austin when it comes to Kevin Coleman. The speedy Midwest receiver doesn’t talk a lot, but the Longhorns established themselves as players early on along with Alabama and Oregon. Coleman plans to take his time with the process, but Texas is capable of winning this battle with a good visit and a strong showing on the field in the fall. It will be a tough competition, but Texas feels good with where things stand moving into the summer.

Tight End

There isn’t a name I can safely project at this position yet. I fully expect Texas to sign at least one player at the position, but like I said last week, this is the position with the least amount of clarity at the moment. I do believe that Texas will eventually land one of the in-state project types they will have to build up, but it’s way too early to project a specific name at the moment.

Kelvin Banks, OL, Humble Summer Creek

It will be a tough race to land Banks, but I think Texas has really been coming on this race since Kyle Flood arrived. A source I spoke with close to Banks called him “unpredictable” when it comes to his decision-making process. Texas is a program Banks grew up watching and he’s mentioned them being a childhood favorite on multiple occasions. If Texas can convince him they are the right place for his development, Flood should be able to close the deal and land him. Texas A&M will pose the biggest threat, but Oklahoma could be a sneaky contender as well.

Cole Hutson, OL, Frisco

Hutson has his top schools set, but this feels like a battle that’s coming down to a head-to-head between Texas and Oklahoma. Hutson is set to visit this summer, and Texas has an advantage as Hutson wants to major in business and the Longhorns can sell the prestigious McCombs Business School as part of the overall package. Hutson is a major priority for the Longhorns as Steve Sarkisian and Kyle Flood have been in contact almost daily. I was also told by a source that the family has been impressed with the thoroughness of the recruiting presentations they’ve received over Zoom up until this point. In the end, I believe Texas wins this race.

Devon Campbell, OL, Arlington Bowie

I put in a 247Sports Crystal Ball pick for Campbell to land at Texas over a year ago. The Longhorns were one of the earliest programs to offer and have been a constant factor in his recruitment. Campbell plays things close to the vest, and those near him have even been in the dark on where things stand. Campbell has a few visits set up for the summer, but Texas hasn’t been scheduled as of yet. I’m told he will take a few unofficial throughout the year and likely save his official for the fall. Oklahoma is the school I see putting up the biggest fight, but I think Texas can win the five-star big man over.

Connor Robertson, OL, Austin Westlake

Robertson has been on my next to commit list for a while, and I currently have him projected in this class on the offensive line. While I still think Texas leads, Stanford has been making a push since offering. For athletes with big academic dreams, Palo Alto will always have a significant draw. Still, Texas presents a significant draw to Austin natives and Westlake has traditionally been a feeder program for the Longhorns. When Robertson was first offered, he talked about how he grew up dreaming of playing at Texas. Will that be enough to overcome the academic prestige of Stanford? I think so, but this is a race I’m watching closely.

I haven't even read this article yet, but I want to get on the record saying I put about as much stock in MIke Roach's class prediction as I do in his ability to eat a balanced diet for 3 consecutive meals. It's like taking financial advice in good faith from Lenny Dykstra, or asking Curt Schilling about investing in video games. Or asking Curt Schilling about Not Being Insane.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Hide contents

Look at this fucking pussy. First fucking sentence after the intro, predictions are hard. 

Tom Herman secretly has his fist up Roach's ass and playing puppeteer for his own amusement. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

IT

Spoiler

By: Gerry, Justin, and Eric

COACHING CLINICS

The Sarkisian staff is continuing the recent tradition of holding online clinics for the high school coaching community. Recently, safeties coach Blake Gideon and running backs coach Stan Drayton held theirs. Gideon offered some insights that should help guide recruiting decision making. Is Bryce Anderson the perfect field safety for Texas? Probably.

#####

Blake Gideon had a pretty strong presentation. He mostly focused on his favorite drills for developing the safeties, which includes the nickel position he referred to as the "star." Between his use of that term and some of his presentation, I'd say the old Will Muschamp influence is still strong on how he approaches the game.

He emphasized precise alignments and stances based on your assignment, highly technical play, and situational awareness. At one point he quoted Duane Akina as telling the Texas defensive backs "give me the 4.7 guy looking at the right thing!" and noted everyone knew he was referring to him. Gideon added, "Sunday afternoons are filled with a bunch of 4.7 and 4.8 safeties that see the game really fast, understand what they're looking at, and play with that discipline the entire game."

He also quoted Art Briles, "Assume that what your players are best at is the only thing they can do." That sounds like the kinda thing Briles would say. Gideon used that to explain his philosophy for allowing a safety who was best playing around the box to be schemed mostly around the box and a safety great at playing the post in the middle getting schemed to drop and cover the post.

While he was breaking down his drills he showed early Texas spring film and dropped a lot of tidbits on how different guys were executing his drills. Chris Adimora came up a lot as a positive example of a loose, fluid player who could flip his hips.

His drills were pretty focused on teaching guys footwork, spatial awareness, and eye discipline. No bags or "obstacle course" traps and no whistles, only feel for the space on the field and visual cues to trigger them to change direction. Their tackling drills are similar, get guys in as many scenarios as possible to practice angles and proper rugby tackling technique.

He talked a little bit about scheme and recruiting also. Gideon said they'd start in a two-high shell more often than not, so even if they play mostly single-high they're going to show a two-high shell first. That's more like Notre Dame or the Saban guys like Muschamp. At Washington they tipped off single-high coverage a lot. Gideon also mentioned playing a few types of quarters coverages when describing how J.D. Coffey was a kid who had a simple task in high school to just run the alley and smack people but was now learning a lot more.

They prefer to get out of the two-high shell and roll the coverage based on the quarterback indicator, like the quarterback clapping his hands, touching his towel, kicking his leg, etc. "I'd rather be early than late. I got caught a few times trying to outsmart quarterbacks and then you're trying to run to your spot and Dez Bryant is running at you..."

In recruiting, Gideon said he likes to have longer guys at cornerback and will happily take smaller, quicker guys at safety. Guys like Earl Thomas, I reckon.

He said, "ideally you want one true alley safety in every class and then the rest of your guys are corners. Then you take the most physical, instinctive guy and put him at free safety."

Stan Drayton had a great clinic as well. It was similar to his talk last year when he broke down how he teaches his running backs the scheme and linebacker keys they need to understand to dominate with inside zone. He went over some of those same concepts and talked a lot about how they rotated guys last year and why Bijan Robinson didn't play more.

"I caught a lot of flak because he didn't play much early but he wasn't ready." He had a few incidental examples in which Bijan was unable to maximize some inside zone runs because he wasn't reading the safety well. He clearly has a special knack for manipulating linebackers and setting up blocks though. Drayton also talked about the importance of knowing your players and making the right substitutions. He took the blame for Keaontay Ingram being winded after a few big runs but then getting asked to pound the ball in on first and goal against TCU and coughing up the game.

Drayton also said they didn't feel they had one back last year that should dominate the whole game, but you definitely get the sense they feel differently this year.

Beyond going over how he teaches his running backs to understand defenses, anticipate fronts, and read linebackers on inside zone, he also showed some drills for working on outside zone they‘ve used this spring. It's much simpler for the running backs, they're just reading a progression of defensive lineman, but Drayton had drills for helping them learn to maximize their one cut decision. He also drills them on using the stiff-arm, which he says isn't necessarily a natural movement for a back, and learning how to make the optimal cut once they clear the line on outside zone.

The drills were fun. He had assistants rolling big medicine balls at players to indicate a defender crossing their face or coming up with a shield to take a Bijan or Roschon stiff arm.

For recruiting, Drayton said they're looking for guys with size who can carry the load for the offense. “If you're a smaller guy you need to bring an intangible with some speed or ability in the return game." He also wants burst over top end speed, "4.5 or 4.6 is fine if you have burst."

RECRUITING MATTERS

ATH Anthony Jones, Liberty (Las Vegas, Nevada) - 2022

The 6-foot-5, 242-pounder just de-committed from Washington.

Texas recently extended an offer to the jumbo athlete, who looks like a defensive end at the next level.

“(Recruiting) has been going pretty good the last couple of months," said Jones. "It’s been great talking to the different schools and getting to know the different coaching staffs.“

He holds nine offers including Oregon, Miami, USC, and UT, and is already scheduling visits.

“I have three official visits set up with Miami, Texas, and Oregon," said Jones. "I’m planning on taking an official to USC as well.”

He knows what he wants in his future program.

“Just my relationship with the coaching staff and how many people in my position are getting drafted and being utilized," Jones said. "I know coach Sark brought in a lot of coaches that have a lot of experience so I know that if I were to go there, I would be getting coached up by some of the most successful coaches.”

Jones, who ran a 4.7 40 last summer, is an interesting prospect with immense upside. Texas might have found a dude in Vegas.

DL Aaron Bryant, Southhaven (MS) - 2022

At 6-foot-4, 300 pounds, you'd think the three-star from Mississippi would be rated higher. The schools in the conversation for Bryant include: Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Texas A&M, LSU, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Indiana, Auburn, and Oregon.

He has a checklist of things he wants to learn about these college programs.

"If it feels like home, the type of guys I’d play with, how serious they are about winning, the type of people that go to the school, and how the life of an athlete is," said Bryant.

His family has no problem with him leaving the state.

“They just want me to do whatever I feel is best for my career and my goals and aspirations," Bryant said.

Texas is fishing in SEC waters here, and they've got a bite. Getting Bryant to Austin will be big in June, because this feels like an SEC kid. Georgia is the quiet leader, even with Bear Alexander committed, but the Texas coaches will at least be able to host him the last weekend of June for an official visit.

OL Connor Robertson, Austin Westlake - 2022

The Texas spring game visitor list will include Austin Westlake offensive guard prospect Connor Robertson. Robertson will take in the spring game with family, and family friends. Robertson has made student visits to Duke, Virginia, Wake Forest, Stanford, USC, UCLA, and Texas in recent weeks. The 6-foot-4, 295-pounder has very serious interest in Stanford.

EDGE D.J. Wesolak, Boonville (MO) - 2022:

The Boonville, Mo. EDGE prospect is trending away from being a legit shot for the Longhorns. The 6-foot-5, 235-pounder will make a trip to Clemson for an “Elite Retreat,” but it will not be an official visit. A June OV to Alabama is very likely with the Crimson Tide having recently offered. Notre Dame is still in the mix, but Wesolak knows numbers in South Bend don’t make it the ideal fit it was 2-3 months ago. Texas remains in contact, but this one is beginning to trend to Clemson and Alabama.

TFB

Spoiler

Note sure what to make of this. I saw five star linebacker, Harold Perkins, late last week in NOLA at a training facility

We spoke a bit about his recruitment. Only a few days before that he had told me he was scheduled to be in College Station for the first weekend of June for his first official visit. He also said he would be in Austin to take an unofficial visit to Texas for the big June 18th-20th weekend (which I reported). 

He now tells me those plans have changed.

***He said he is cancelling his TAMU official and going to USC instead.

***He also said he is cancelling his Texas unofficial and taking a unofficial to Oklahoma that weekend, instead.

Again, I don't know what prompted the sudden change and he didn't really comment much on it

• Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, Fud said:

TFB

Hide contents

Note sure what to make of this. I saw five star linebacker, Harold Perkins, late last week in NOLA at a training facility

We spoke a bit about his recruitment. Only a few days before that he had told me he was scheduled to be in College Station for the first weekend of June for his first official visit. He also said he would be in Austin to take an unofficial visit to Texas for the big June 18th-20th weekend (which I reported). 

***He also said he is cancelling his Texas unofficial and taking a unofficial to Oklahoma that weekend, instead.

Again, I don't know what prompted the sudden change and he didn't really comment much on it

Perroni’s explanation will be fascinating. 

2 hours ago, Fud said:

TFB

Reveal hidden contents

At least it was just an unofficial for us, and honestly him going to visit two non-SEC schools isn’t the worst news in the world.

1 hour ago, ousux said:

Fuck Gerry, Justin and Eric for attributing something Gideon said to Briles...with no proof Briles ever said such a thing. Other than that, nice write up.

I also do not think the NFL is full of 4.8 safeties. Unless they play for the Cowboys. 

2 hours ago, Fud said:

TFB

Reveal hidden contents

Probably not hard to convince a Texas kid to visit Los Angeles in June.

So he currently has officials scheduled for USC, Florida, and Oregon. If those 3 hold is the assumption that aggy, Alabama, and LSU fight it out for the last 3?

Wells on Derrick Brown

Spoiler

DE/OLB Derrick Brown, Texas High (2022):

The four-star composite from the corner of East Texas has three of his official visits set. With 26 offers in tow, including OU, Texas A&M, Penn State, Ole Miss, and TCU, Brown is close to narrowing down his favorite schools heading into the summer.

He'll be in Austin on June 4th-6th, then hit Waco on June 25th-27th, then head up to Norman on September 17th-19th.

What does he want to accomplish during these trips?

“I want to see how the city feels and if I can get used to being there," said Brown.

Brown collected a nasty display of statistics during his junior year - 67 tackles, 20 tackles for loss, six interceptions, three forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, and one safety after playing multiple positions. The 6-foot-5, 215-pounder played rush end, OLB, and was named to the 9-5A-II All District first team.

A source within the recruitment said they are seeing Steve Sarkisian more and more within recruitments across the area, and that UT is closing the gap between Oklahoma (and former teammate Clayton Smith) and Baylor. Brown has mentioned making a decision before his senior year. After a few officials trips, I think he'll get a better sense of where he's headed.

12 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Wells on Derrick Brown

Hide contents

DE/OLB Derrick Brown, Texas High (2022):

The four-star composite from the corner of East Texas has three of his official visits set. With 26 offers in tow, including OU, Texas A&M, Penn State, Ole Miss, and TCU, Brown is close to narrowing down his favorite schools heading into the summer.

He'll be in Austin on June 4th-6th, then hit Waco on June 25th-27th, then head up to Norman on September 17th-19th.

What does he want to accomplish during these trips?

“I want to see how the city feels and if I can get used to being there," said Brown.

Brown collected a nasty display of statistics during his junior year - 67 tackles, 20 tackles for loss, six interceptions, three forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, and one safety after playing multiple positions. The 6-foot-5, 215-pounder played rush end, OLB, and was named to the 9-5A-II All District first team.

A source within the recruitment said they are seeing Steve Sarkisian more and more within recruitments across the area, and that UT is closing the gap between Oklahoma (and former teammate Clayton Smith) and Baylor. Brown has mentioned making a decision before his senior year. After a few officials trips, I think he'll get a better sense of where he's headed.

Is it a bad thing that coach Sark is having to jump in on these recruitments to keep us in it. Shouldn't he only be closing? Or did I read that wrong (I am drunk coming from a yard house happy hour)

Is it a bad thing that coach Sark is having to jump in on these recruitments to keep us in it. Shouldn't he only be closing? Or did I read that wrong (I am drunk coming from a yard house happy hour)

Priority targets. Also, other head coaches are involved so why shouldn’t he be?
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting