Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He's got every red flag a recruit can have that isn't directly related to personal behavior with his constant high school transferring and shady leftfield commitment.

I thought maybe his dad/guardian was a coach and at least in part has something to do with the HS hopping? I could be wrong

4 high schools in 4 years for Bear. Terrell to Skyline to Denton Ryan to Ft Worth Brewer.

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What are the chances the BOMC controlled UIL lets him play next season? 

He ran into UIL issues the last two times he transferred. I believe he had to play JV at Skyline and he missed the first handful of games at Denton Ryan due to transfer issues.

6 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

I thought maybe his dad/guardian was a coach and at least in part has something to do with the HS hopping? I could be wrong

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/bear-alexander-the-5-star-junior-dt-you-need-to-read-about-today

Sounds like it's just been a rough life for Keithan. Bouncing around probably reflects home life instability. 

20 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

4 high schools in 4 years for Bear. Terrell to Skyline to Denton Ryan to Ft Worth Brewer.

He ran into UIL issues the last two times he transferred. I believe he had to play JV at Skyline and he missed the first handful of games at Denton Ryan due to transfer issues.

Even with his father being a coach? Think they would be able to get around that by now

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

I'd like to see some tape of a high 4-star DT playing JV, just for the lulz.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Why can't you rich fucks start dropping bags?  What was the point in hiring Banks and Bo Davis if we aren't going to pay to win these recruitments.  We need get our bag network setup asap.

I'm not sure there's a single person here who follows recruiting even casually who doesn't wish for Texas to get the bag game up and running with some of our wealthy alumni deciding to join the arms race. Most of the sanctimonious old shitbirds who'd rather fold up football than cheat reside on the football board and 24/7 and OB. And that's why I hang my hat in 995.

That being said, I'll tell you what absolutely NEVER gets fucking old. It's a bunch of motherfuckers whining and moaning and gnashing their teeth about our rich alumni not doing enough to help the program win or spend their free time setting up an illegal compensation network for college football. Hearing it 2-3 times a week for the last 10 or so years, hoo boy, let me tell you, it never gets fucking old. Not. One. Bit. And furthermore, I'd just like to add that lamentations of the women who likely have no means with which to contribute or help the process are particularly delicious. Maybe they're SVP or C-Suite level and can offer some jobs at a fortune 500 company in Austin? Got some spare oil wells lying around on one of your leases? Well feel free to lend those over here, good sir. Got a couple spare LLCs not being used and some offshore accounts in banking friendly nations were we can move some funds and withdraw cash away from the prying eyes of IRS banking triggers? Right this way, my man.  

It's like a similar dynamic a bunch of Jimbo Fishers sitting in a corner complaining that some stud isn't fucking his wife hard enough for their taste. Fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Well, my day job is working at a recruiting firm in which we cater to helping retired female gymnasts and ballerinas develop the appropriate skills for entering the workforce and society.

I’ve heard the key is being flexible. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not sure there's a single person here who follows recruiting even casually who doesn't wish for Texas to get the bag game up and running with some of our wealthy alumni deciding to join the arms race. Most of the sanctimonious old shitbirds who'd rather fold up football than cheat reside on the football board and 24/7 and OB. And that's why I hang my hat in 995.

That being said, I'll tell you what absolutely NEVER gets fucking old. It's a bunch of motherfuckers whining and moaning and gnashing their teeth about our rich alumni not doing enough to help the program win or spend their free time setting up an illegal compensation network for college football. Hearing it 2-3 times a week for the last 10 or so years, hoo boy, let me tell you, it never gets fucking old. Not. One. Bit. And furthermore, I'd just like to add that lamentations of the women who likely have no means with which to contribute or help the process are particularly delicious. Maybe they're SVP or C-Suite level and can offer some jobs at a fortune 500 company in Austin? Got some spare oil wells lying around on one of your leases? Well feel free to lend those over here, good sir. Got a couple spare LLCs not being used and some offshore accounts in banking friendly nations were we can move some funds and withdraw cash away from the prying eyes of IRS banking triggers? Right this way, my man.  

It's like a similar dynamic a bunch of Jimbo Fishers sitting in a corner complaining that some stud isn't fucking his wife hard enough for their taste. Fuck. 

Alright, here's the plan.  

We need the people on the sugar baby thread to set up a few dinners with their Columbian thots with potential visitors in June.  Hornsfromdallas can get back into his group text and get the players and recruits at a bar with a bunch of sugar babies.  We'll call it the surly 9.95 happy hour tab.  

There's a recruit in the small town where my practice is that's going to be a 2023 5 star that is trending to aggy.  I'm hiring more staff soon so if any 5 star's uncle or momma needs a $12-18 per hour paid job, I gotchu!  That's about all I can do with my limited resources.  

Now you old fucks with a lot of money and access to the coaches/program should easily be able to get Jeff Banks on the phone and ask him to connect you with a trainer that can set up the bag network.  I mean did Jay Valai not share his knowledge with anyone all of last year?  Clearly he knows how the game is played or he wouldn't have ever been considered for the Bama job with his 2 years of actual coaching experience.   And who needs offshore accounts?  Fucking Tennessee was handing McDonald's bags of cash.  It doesn't have to be that complicated.

I know you're sick of these posts, but I'm sick of watching every elite recruit commit to other programs.  Fucking Mike Roach recently stated on his podcast that Waddle was a silent commit to Texas during the spring until basically Bama and aggy started the bidding for him.  If the same happens with Evan Stewart, I'm going to lose my shit and write more stupid posts on this board.  

Edited by victory88
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Alright, here's the plan.  

We need the people on the sugar baby thread to set up a few dinners with their Columbian thots with potential visitors in June.  Hornsfromdallas can get back into his group text and get the players and recruits at a bar with a bunch of sugar babies.  We'll call it the surly 9.95 happy hour tab.  

This sounds like it has the makings of a good ole' fashioned aTm parking lot BBQ catered by Terry Price

There's a recruit in the small town where my practice is that's going to be a 2023 5 star that is trending to aggy.  I'm hiring more staff soon so if any 5 star's uncle or momma needs a $12-18 per hour paid job, I gotchu!  That's about all I can do with my limited resources.  

You're so close to getting it.

Now you old fucks with a lot of money and access to the coaches/program should easily be able to get Jeff Banks on the phone and ask him to connect you with a trainer that can set up the bag network. 

I just want you to know these are the same people who threw a bitch fit at a Longhorn Foundation planning meeting because they thought building the SEZ was a waste of money and the value of a degree from the University of Texas is the only compensation a player should want or need to attend college at UT. 

good_luck_morgan_freeman.gif

I mean did Jay Valai not share his knowledge with anyone all of last year?  Clearly he knows how the game is played or he wouldn't have ever been considered for the Bama job with his 2 years of actual coaching experience.  

I think the thing you need to and seem to fail to understand about the networks at other schools is it isn't a coach or that ilk that sets something up. The network in Tuscaloosa or at Clemson exists, and the new coach then gets plugged into the existing machinery. You know that shit above I casually mentioned about LLCs, or Oil Leases, or influential alumni at corporations? Tell me, do you think thats something a Jay Valai of the world just shows up and magics into existence with the waive of his fingers? Or do you think it's more likely that exists and Alabama just plugs in Jay Valai and his familiarity with Texas trainers and whatnot? Do fire houses hire a new fireman and say "Ok, now build that fire truck from the ground up?"

I know you're sick of these posts, but I'm sick of watching every elite recruit commit to other programs.  Fucking Mike Roach recently stated on his podcast that Waddle was a silent commit to Texas during the spring until basically Bama and aggy started the bidding for him.  If the same happens with Evan Stewart, I'm going to lose my shit and write more stupid posts on this board.  

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b39zu48qmqksslghh0ko

Well, one of those things and one exactly can be controlled and changed by the people who post on this board. And I'll give you a hint, its the stupid fucking posting. Boo Hoo, you're tired of losing elite recruits to other schools. Shit, you're probably the only one here. But I guess all the rest of us can do is resign ourselves to this kind of bullshit as Evan Stewart's decision day nears. 

By the way, whether we cheat or not, we'll start getting more recruits when we stop putting a dogshit product on the field coached by fucking imbeciles and imbecilic narcissists. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This sounds like it has the makings of a good ole' fashioned aTm parking lot BBQ catered by Terry Price

You're so close to getting it.

I just want you to know these are the same people who threw a bitch fit at a Longhorn Foundation planning meeting because they thought building the SEZ was a waste of money and the value of a degree from the University of Texas is the only compensation a player should want or need to attend college at UT. 

good_luck_morgan_freeman.gif

I think the thing you need to and seem to fail to understand about the networks at other schools is it isn't a coach or that ilk that sets something up. The network in Tuscaloosa or at Clemson exists, and the new coach then gets plugged into the existing machinery. You know that shit above I casually mentioned about LLCs, or Oil Leases, or influential alumni at corporations? Tell me, do you think thats something a Jay Valai of the world just shows up and magics into existence with the waive of his fingers? Or do you think it's more likely that exists and Alabama just plugs in Jay Valai and his familiarity with Texas trainers and whatnot? Do fire houses hire a new fireman and say "Ok, now build that fire truck from the ground up?"

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b39zu48qmqksslghh0ko

Well, one of those things and one exactly can be controlled and changed by the people who post on this board. And I'll give you a hint, its the stupid fucking posting. Boo Hoo, you're tired of losing elite recruits to other schools. Shit, you're probably the only one here. But I guess all the rest of us can do is resign ourselves to this kind of bullshit as Evan Stewart's decision day nears. 

By the way, whether we cheat or not, we'll start getting more recruits when we stop putting a dogshit product on the field coached by fucking imbeciles and imbecilic narcissists. 

I'm not sure I entirely agree with your fatalism at this point. I can see our long awaited need to get this going as I type...

@HenryJames: They want us to send closetojumping to hear the proposition. And the promise is that the deal is so good that we can't refuse.

@SydneyCarton: No more meetin's, no more discussions, no more NCAA tricks.

closetojumping: We can't wait. I don't care what the NCAA says about a deal, they're gonna keep letting the cheaters cheat, that's it. That's the key for them. Gotta get the infrastructure to compete. They wanna have a meeting with Stewart, right? It will be me, Valai, Dameyune Craig, and Stewart. Let's set the meeting. Get our informers to find out where it's gonna be held. Now, we insist it's a public place, a bar, a restaurant, some place where there's people so I feel safe. They're gonna search me when I first meet them, right? So I can't have a bag of money on me then. But if HenryJames can figure a way to have a bag planted there for me, then I'll kill 'em both by beatin' em to the punch and get the bag in Stewart's hands.

SydneyCarton: [Smiles] Hey, whatcha gonna do, nice college boy, eh? Didn't want to get mixed up in the dirty business, huh? Now you wanna bag down a bag captain cuz he stole Demarvion Leal in front of your face? Hah? What do you think this is, the 80's?, where you report 'em a mile away? You've gotta get up close like this and bada-bing, you blow your money bag all over their nice ATM overalls and Bama track suit! Come here! [kisses closetojumping's hand]

closetojumping: Sydney...

SydneyCarton: You're taking this very personal. Huckleberry, this is business and this man is taking it very personal.

closetojumping: Where does it say that you can't start dropping bags?...I'm talking about a bag that's needed to land recruits. I'm talking about a big bag and a necessary bag needed to get dropped and get us what was coming to us. That'd make a helluva story. Now we got people in the in the hiring ranks, and the start-up ranks, and the digital crowdsourcing ranks, right Huck? They might like a story like that.

@Huckleberry: They might; they just might.

closetojumping: It's not futile, Sydney. It's strictly business.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm not sure I entirely agree with your fatalism at this point. I can see our long awaited need to get this going as I type...

@HenryJames: They want us to send closetojumping to hear the proposition. And the promise is that the deal is so good that we can't refuse.

closetojumping: We can't wait. I don't care what the NCAA says about a deal, they're gonna keep letting the cheaters cheat, that's it. That's the key for them. Gotta get the infrastructure to compete. They wanna have a meeting with Stewart, right? It will be me, Valai, Dameyune Craig, and Stewart. Let's set the meeting. Get our informers to find out where it's gonna be held. Now, we insist it's a public place, a bar, a restaurant, some place where there's people so I feel safe. They're gonna search me when I first meet them, right? So I can't have a bag of money on me then. But if HenryJames can figure a way to have a bag planted there for me, then I'll kill 'em both by beatin' em to the punch and get the bag in Stewart's hands.

SydneyCarton: [Smiles] Hey, whatcha gonna do, nice college boy, eh? Didn't want to get mixed up in the dirty business, huh? Now you wanna bag down a bag captain cuz he stole Demarvion Leal in front of your face? Hah? What do you think this is, the 80's?, where you report 'em a mile away? You've gotta get up close like this and bada-bing, you blow your money bag all over their nice ATM overalls and Bama track suit! Come here! [kisses closetojumping's hand]

SydneyCarton: You're taking this very personal. Huckleberry, this is business and this man is taking it very personal.

closetojumping: Where does it say that you can't start dropping bags?...I'm talking about a bag that's needed to land recruits. I'm talking about a big bag and a necessary bag needed to get dropped and get us what was coming to us. That'd make a helluva story. Now we got people in the in the hiring ranks, and the start-up ranks, and the digital crowdsourcing ranks, right Huck? They might like a story like that.

There's roughly a thousand dudes all over the world scrunching their noses in gleeful chorus as they read this

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Please. If anything I'm Hagen. HenryJames looks like Clemenza.  

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2021 at 8:49 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

SIAP, but Josh Conerly, the OT from Washington, is now a composite 5* and #15 in the nation.

My best friend coaches him.  

He said that if Conerly had shown up at his old school where he was head coach, he would have put him at running back.  

Says he thinks Conerly either goes UDub or U$C.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

My best friend coaches him.  

He said that if Conerly had shown up at his old school where he was head coach, he would have put him at running back.  

Says he thinks Conerly either goes UDub or U$C.

i fully expect some 9.95 to use this story in the next few months.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

2022 Austin Westlake OL Connor Robertson (@ConnorRob72) has quickly become of the most coveted OL in the country.

Robertson pointed to three big factors that will come into play for his recruitment These are the negative recruiting tactics Stanford is using so you're not surprised when he goes elsewhere:

1. Education
2. Status of the current program
3. Coaching stability

• Hook 'Em 1

Wells on Stewart

Spoiler

WR Evan Stewart, Frisco Liberty (2022):

The state’s top rated pass-catcher has his official visits scheduled. The only thing missing at this point is a Tik Tok docu-series on his trips

He's hitting Florida on June 4th-6th, Texas on June 11th-13th (however, he could also move that to June 18th-20th), and Texas A&M on June 24th-26th, with Oregon to be determined.

Still, a source told IT on Tuesday that Texas or Oregon remain the most likely landing spot for the five-star heading into the official visit process.

Both Austin and Eugene remain destination spots on his agenda. And I think he'll see UT more than once as this recruitment plays out.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Shaved head is the go-to look for ascending defensive coordinate in his early 40's. Offensive wunderkinds are meant to have full heads of hear. Tough situation for Milwee; probably needs to visit Jeremy Piven's hair restoration guy if he wants to make it big as a coach

Piven wears a wig. Used to see it / him all the time around ye ole Hollywood.

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

2. Status of the current program

Texas has been so bad the last 5 years: 59.7 win rate (37-25). Finished the year ranked in AP poll in 18, 19, 20.

Stanford over the same timeframe has a win rate of 62.1% (36-22.) Finished year ranked in 16 and 17.

3 year timeframe:

Texas win % = 67.6%

Stanford win % = 54.8%

So Texas is on a better 3 year trajectory and only slightly worse for 5 years

3. Coaching Stability

Texas is on their third coach during this timeframe because the other 2 didn't get it done. Meanwhile, Stanford is still happy w/ Shaw?

glwt

• Hook 'Em 2

The Stewart recruitment likely still has several more twists and turns yet to play out but I’m surprised Oregon was listed as the most likely spot along with us.

I remember they were mentioned as a real possibility before he committed to us the first time but I thought he had turned into an SEC vs. Texas battle. 

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

The Stewart recruitment likely still has several more twists and turns yet to play out but I’m surprised Oregon was listed as the most likely spot along with us.

I remember they were mentioned as a real possibility before he committed to us the first time but I thought he had turned into an SEC vs. Texas battle. 

I'm just spitballing here, but it sounds like the resources that Stewert can leverage for his digital empire are still heavy weights in his recruitment. Gotta think NCAA Nike would make sense in that scenario. He says hopefully. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Hearing that the last staff didn't even try to recruit Kam Dewberry, I must ask why the fuck not? 

You heard wrong. I mean, Hand was a fucking terrible recruiter, esp once Covid hit, but the previous staff absolutely recruited Dewberry. 

for example - this was during a previous visit to Texas ::

• Hook 'Em 1

“The last staff, they didn't even really recruit me that hard so I started falling off for a while for Texas. But this new staff has been pushing me really, really hard, talking about ‘Let's make Texas great again, let's win the national championship, build the best class, get the best players in Texas to stay here.’”

Under the previous coaching staff, Dewberry said he felt like he was “going to them more than them coming to (him).” He had visited the UT campus multiple times but there was a period when the contact was minimal from the Texas coaches. That’s no longer the case, and the Longhorns have closed the gap on the other programs that were recruiting Dewberry more diligently.

“I felt like they weren’t focused on me and I wasn’t a priority for them,” Dewberry said. “I’ve always had love for Texas, so really no love was lost when the new staff came in. They made that (ground) up really, really fast and made me fall in love with Texas again.”

https://texas.rivals.com/news/new-staff-has-texas-in-play-for-5-star-kam-dewberry

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Eggo said:

the last staff didn't even try to recruit Kam Dewberry

5 minutes ago, Eggo said:

they didn't even really recruit me that hard

These are not the same thing. 

Herb Hand sucked as a recruiter and never adjusted to recruiting during covid, follow that up with Hand being a dead man walking by early October and it's not a surprise that Flood is doing a better job. FFS, if he wasn't markedly better than Hand it would be a massive red flag. 

55 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm just spitballing here, but it sounds like the resources that Stewert can leverage for his digital empire are still heavy weights in his recruitment. Gotta think NCAA Nike would make sense in that scenario. He says hopefully. 

I think you're spot on with this take. 

46 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I think you're spot on with this take. 

And now I’ll deflate everyone’s balloon by suggesting that I think there’s a good chance Stewart, savvy as he is with his digital presence, will also actually rotate different schools in and out of his Top Schools with regularity. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Fud said:

Before he quit on the job, most of the OL recruits personally liked hand, but he was at a loss at combatting negative recruiting 

To be fair, it’s hard to combat the “he sucks at coaching” negative recruiting pitch when you actually do really suck at coaching like Hand. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting