Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

16 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Take it FWIW, but a poster on 247 is saying Ewers is close to opening his recruitment back up.  Claims he talked to his teammate, the TE Maryland.

I want to believe and I do believe!  Open some lines of communication.   Ewers and Sam at Lake Travis on a beautiful Saturday in a speed boat loaded with bikini girls with dyed blonde mullets.  Then let Colt throw Shipley open while driving the boat.  Lake Travis looks much better than Lake Grapevine anyway.  Austin and Lake Travis look much better than the Rust Belt for sure.  Pussy is no contest.   Let's parle Mr. Ewers.   

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Maybe Swanson. Otherwise everyone's waiting until visits properly open up. Be stoked about Worthy, though. 

I am stoked about worthy. Just wondering what's up with the class of '22. Was expecting a bit more momentum by now, especially at the skill positions. I know the visit restrictions are playing a role. I also think our rivals are telling the recruits not to fall for the new car smell because "it's always the same story with Texas ... new coaches every few years but same old results."

44 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

I am stoked about worthy. Just wondering what's up with the class of '22. Was expecting a bit more momentum by now, especially at the skill positions. I know the visit restrictions are playing a role. I also think our rivals are telling the recruits not to fall for the new car smell because "it's always the same story with Texas ... new coaches every few years but same old results."

Yeah it’s strange especially with players not being allowed to officially visit and having to do self guided tours and zoom presentations. I wonder what could be causing this?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah it’s strange especially with players not being allowed to officially visit and having to do self guided tours and zoom presentations. I wonder what could be causing this?

Well, a few of them committed early and then there was a decommitment followed by rumblings of few others not being firm. We seemed to have lost the early momentum that came with hiring the guy who just engineered an explosive national championship winning offense. I get that the pandemic threw a wrench in our plans. This could have been an easier recruiting cycle because of the new coach bump but now we will have to work hard for it just like our rivals. Also, OU and A&M just coming off of a good year is going to make things harder.

Just now, ShowMeALoss said:

Well, a few of them committed early and then there was a decommitment followed by rumblings of few others not being firm. We seemed to have lost the early momentum that came with hiring the guy who just engineered an explosive national championship winning offense. I get that the pandemic threw a wrench in our plans. This could have been an easier recruiting cycle because of the new coach bump but now we will have to work hard for it just like our rivals. Also, OU and A&M just coming off of a good year is going to make things harder.

ShowMeASatya

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Again, the NCAA opening up OVs in June stalled every school’s momentum. It probably hurts us a little more since we were riding the Sark National Title game performance/new coach bump wave, but the lack of commitments isn’t at all specific of to Texas. 

10 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

How so? We missed out on riding the new coach bump because of the visit restrictions. That's not a faulty assumption. I did not blame the staff. It is what it is.

Because we're getting visits in June. If we finish that month out without adding much to the class, then perhaps we can say that the new coach bump is gone.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Declaring we’ve missed out on the new coach bump 10 months before NSD. 

tenor.gif

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Because we're getting visits in June. If we finish that month out without adding much to the class, then perhaps we can say that the new coach bump is gone.

Again, my first post was about expecting more recruits by now. We may still end up with a top 5 recruiting class. That's not the point I was trying to make. When you get a new coach, you get an immediate bump with a bunch of recruits committing early, which we didn't have because of covid, This also gives more time to rival coaches to counter our momentum. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Again, my first post was about expecting more recruits by now. We may still end up with a top 5 recruiting class. That's not the point I was trying to make. When you get a new coach, you get an immediate bump with a bunch of recruits committing early, which we didn't have because of covid, This also gives more time to rival coaches to counter our momentum. 

Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

Well sure, but think of the recruitments that Carrington swung for us early on in Herman's tenure.

Maybe I was naive, but I figured that was more of him being good at connecting with the player and figuring out how to sell the school/program in a way that appealed to these kids.
I didn’t think they were solely choosing the school because they physically wanted to be on the same campus as someone who will have no impact on their career once they enroll.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Brian Perroni:  Denver Harris update

(+ Fong comment)

Spoiler

Denver Harris update

Brian Perroni

If you notice, Harris has done very few actual interviews. He does not know where he wants to go, so he does not want to say the wrong thing in an interview. Because of that, he prefers to not really do them. It is not a prima donna thing in the slightest, so I definitely can't fault him for it.

I did have a chance to talk to him today at the ESPN Underclassman Camp, though. He was there watching. I also talked to a few other people that were pretty plugged in with thing.

First, as far as official visits, Harris has not set any up yet. He told me that he wants to use them all for out of state, though. At this point, he isn't sure if he will take them to the in-state schools (more on that in a second). He has not had the chance to go to many places before so, despite A&M and Texas both being in his top four, visits are not guaranteed to either place.

As for where he plans to take them, the other two of his top four in Alabama and LSU will get them. So will Miami and USC. Though he keeps up with both the latter schools, I don't think they are really in it. As for the fifth one, after having told me he likely won't use any in-state, Harris said the final visit could be either A&M or Texas.

He is working to graduate early, so he wants to take all his visits this summer. As far as a decision date, he does not have a timeline. But I would expect it to be closer to the Early Signing Period.

In talking to other people, all four schools in his top four seem realistic. He is friends with both the A&M and Texas commits from Greater Houston in the class and a lot of guys are working with him. He did make it to the Texas spring game yesterday as he went up there with people that were already going. He had originally planned to go to A&M's but the people he was going to ride with decided not to go about a week and a half ago. Nobody really seems to know where he will end up, though, which follows him saying he legitimately has no idea, either. One person pointed to Jaydon Blue being committed to Texas as a good thing for the Horns but another said if A&M ended up with Harold Perkins, that could help the Aggies a ton. Nick Saban and Ed Orgeron are both making him a priority as well and both have proven to be very convincing, especially Saban.

As for my opinion, I honestly don't know what he will do either. But A&M has positioned itself at least as well as any other school and, at this point, that's about all you can ask for. If the Aggies can win on the field this fall, that will help a ton as well.

image.thumb.png.dad740f8566849104dd113b357b50683.png

Edited by Getafix
I'm not Worthy.

2 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

How so? We missed out on riding the new coach bump because of the visit restrictions. That's not a faulty assumption. I did not blame the staff. It is what it is.

You don’t get quite the new coach bump when you are on your 3rd new coach in 7 years.

Regardless, this class is still going to be 100x better than whatever it would have been with Herman at the helm in 2021.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Brian Perroni:  Denver Harris update

(+ Fong comment)

Hide contents

Denver Harris update

Brian Perroni

If you notice, Harris has done very few actual interviews. He does not know where he wants to go, so he does not want to say the wrong thing in an interview. Because of that, he prefers to not really do them. It is not a prima donna thing in the slightest, so I definitely can't fault him for it.

I did have a chance to talk to him today at the ESPN Underclassman Camp, though. He was there watching. I also talked to a few other people that were pretty plugged in with thing.

First, as far as official visits, Harris has not set any up yet. He told me that he wants to use them all for out of state, though. At this point, he isn't sure if he will take them to the in-state schools (more on that in a second). He has not had the chance to go to many places before so, despite A&M and Texas both being in his top four, visits are not guaranteed to either place.

As for where he plans to take them, the other two of his top four in Alabama and LSU will get them. So will Miami and USC. Though he keeps up with both the latter schools, I don't think they are really in it. As for the fifth one, after having told me he likely won't use any in-state, Harris said the final visit could be either A&M or Texas.

He is working to graduate early, so he wants to take all his visits this summer. As far as a decision date, he does not have a timeline. But I would expect it to be closer to the Early Signing Period.

In talking to other people, all four schools in his top four seem realistic. He is friends with both the A&M and Texas commits from Greater Houston in the class and a lot of guys are working with him. He did make it to the Texas spring game yesterday as he went up there with people that were already going. He had originally planned to go to A&M's but the people he was going to ride with decided not to go about a week and a half ago. Nobody really seems to know where he will end up, though, which follows him saying he legitimately has no idea, either. One person pointed to Jaydon Blue being committed to Texas as a good thing for the Horns but another said if A&M ended up with Harold Perkins, that could help the Aggies a ton. Nick Saban and Ed Orgeron are both making him a priority as well and both have proven to be very convincing, especially Saban.

As for my opinion, I honestly don't know what he will do either. But A&M has positioned itself at least as well as any other school and, at this point, that's about all you can ask for. If the Aggies can win on the field this fall, that will help a ton as well.

image.thumb.png.dad740f8566849104dd113b357b50683.png

I see Perroni took a page out of ol' Hamm's book with the "He originally wanted to go to the aggy spring game, but his ride fell through"

6 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Where are these people?

How about you search this forum with the keyword silent (if you’re capable, that is) and read how it’s assumed silents are already in our class (or other schools), along with the disappointment/impatience of why a silent hasn’t announced/leaning to other schools, etc

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Houston20 said:

How about you search this forum with the keyword silent (if you’re capable, that is) and read how it’s assumed silents are already in our class (or other schools), along with the disappointment/impatience of why a silent hasn’t announced/leaning to other schools, etc

I mean... Mathews just committed somewhere else after being ID'd as a silent commit and I didn't see anyone acting shocked or especially disappointed/impatient.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting