Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

14 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

What he was saying, sarcastically, was that those people are rock-headed fucking morons. This is one of those “that’s the joke” gif scenarios for you.

I’m not sure who your are, but (most of the) guys who frequent this board understand the nuances of recruiting and that a commit of any kind isn’t final until they hit campus. But thanks for showing up and condescendingly lecturing two guys who have posted regularly here for years. Clearly you, whoever you are, have it all figured out and those two regular contributors are just stupid rubes. Perhaps we can point you towards the football board where you can go and enlighten actual retarded peasants. Just follow the posts of MarkStanco and you should find it without issue. 

GracefulRectangularHamadryad-size_restri

10 hours ago, Askew said:

You're not a realist, you're a whiny halfwit. Even worse, you're lazy. 

Since giving an informed opinion is too difficult for you, I'm going to have to take some of my life attempting to fill your black hole of ignorance. As TARS can probably tell you better than me, trying to fill a black hole is a complete waste of time. That's an Interstellar joke, try to keep up. 

Anywho...can you tell me the first kid to commit to Herman? I'll assume not. That would be Byron Vaughns on April 7, 2017.  Can you tell me what Herman's class looked like on April 25, 2017 (at which point new coaches worth their salt are experiencing an astounding level of momentum)? Casey Thompson, Cam Rising, Reese Moore, Byron Vaughns.That's good for a .90 average. Highest rated guy wouldn't even break the top-5 in our current class. 2nd-highest rated guy would only beat out 3-star Trevell Johnson.

Earthshattering levels of momentum for Mensa. 

If you want to argue it's better to have a shitty class (as then-rated) all commit in April, rather than a good class all commit in February, be my guest, but that's a dumb argument. 

I love message board warriors like you. Seems to me you're overcompensating for your waste of a life by trying to be a all-knowing a-hole on an internet message board where people come for some lazy entertainment. But no, you have to be king here because without this, you have nothing. Go, eat dicks and be happy someone let's you.

Edited by ShowMeALoss
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 8

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Christ. I'm so bored I'm reading Roach now.

-Regarding the comments on Robertson, does Stanford even have an undergraduate business school? 

-I will be shocked if Texas is one of two finalists for Coleman.

-I will be shocked if Alabama is a finalist for CJ Williams.

-Someone needs to start asking the $9.95ers about how solid Murphy will be if Texas gets Ewers to flip.

-Let's see if Tuihalamaka visits before we start calling it a two-horse race, Roach.

The write-up on Banks is a quintessential example of why silent commits are worthless. They let him wait to declare something, now they want him to declare something, and now it doesn't appear as though he's going to declare something. 

tenor.gif?itemid=18286648

2 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

I love message board warriors like you. Seems to me you're overcompensating for your waste of a life by trying to be a all-knowing a-hole on an internet message board where people come for some lazy entertainment. But no, you have to be king here because without this, you have nothing. Go, eat dicks and be happy someone let's you.

That's an interesting way to say "you're right, my initial post was misinformed."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I love posts where someone gets violently buttfucked by facts and reason, and then their inevitable response is "Well, your life must suck because you took the time to correct me on the internet." But yeah, you're the real winner in this exchange, chooch. 

You've been spouting fucking dumb, thoughtless, generally ignorant shit the past two pages and it's not surprising several folks showed up to inform you that you're being dumb. Either take your medicine and shut up for awhile, or head back to the safe space of the football board where there is at least a chance some of these posters won't waste their time calling stupid takes stupid takes. 

And you have been attacking people here for a while now. Looks like you have nothing better to do. There are few of you old timers just lurk on this board looking for posts to attack. I have to wonder what you get out of it? Does this make you feel superior. Is that why some of you come here? Rather than engaging in friendly debates, you get pleasure out of attacking people because you can't do it in real life?

• Fuck You 8

2 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

And you have been attacking people here for a while now. Looks like you have nothing better to do. There are few of you old timers just lurk on this board looking for posts to attack. I have to wonder what you get out of it? Does this make you feel superior. Is that why some of you come here? Rather than engaging in friendly debates, you get pleasure out of attacking people because you can't do it in real life?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Unfortunately, the only thing worse than assholes like Sydney are the people pleading with people like Sydney not to be assholes. Pick your battles, man. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Someone here, brighter than you obviously, is going to have to explain to me how someone who's been posting a fuck ton on a message board telling another poster who regularly posts on a message board that they have no life for posting on a message board makes any sense and is insulting. Yeah, I post and read this forum regularly, You got me! 

I don't know if you've noticed, buddy, but lots of people attempting to engage you in a friendly debate, and you dismissed them and continued to argue in the face of fact. And then when confronted with facts, you got pissy and accused them of being a meanie. So the question of what someone is getting out of this is as germane to you as it is to me. If you're not actually here to learn something, only to shout your opinions, what the fuck are you doing here? 

I know what I'm doing here. I'm reading and learning and engaging with what, for the most part, is probably the smartest sports section of this board. And if someone stumbles in and spouting stupid shit, well, I point at laugh at stupid shit. I do enjoy the idea of being considered an Old Timer, however. I guess now that I'm 40 that's going become more and more common. I also love the idea that I attack people here because I can't do it in real life. Another nice projection. Conflict isn't something I shy away from here or elsewhere. But I'm sure you'll just continue to assume I'm a 5'4", 230 lb loser who's never been laid and lives with my parents still. I suppose that's a safe thought for you. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

so we can crowdsource carl in 0.2 seconds but not this guy who is clearly either a shitty troll or a really bad poster?

if you come to the recruiting thread for "lazy entertainment" you are a fucking moron.

Edited by NoName

46 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

lets*

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

There are few of you old timers just lurk on this board looking for posts to attack. I have to wonder what you get out of it? Does this make you feel superior. Is that why some of you come here? Rather than engaging in friendly debates, you get pleasure out of attacking people because you can't do it in real life?

nobody is having to look hard here. you consistently come in here, make shitty posts full of uninformed drivel, get attacked for your shitty opinions, go post in the football board for a while, then come back to 9.95, make shitty posts full of uninformed drivel, get attacked for shitty opinions, go post in the football board for a while and the cycle continues.

eli wallach goodbye GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, NoName said:

nobody is having to look hard here. you consistently come in here, make shitty posts full of uninformed drivel, get attacked for your shitty opinions, go post in the football board for a while, then come back to 9.95, make shitty posts full of uninformed drivel, get attacked for shitty opinions, go post in the football board for a while and the cycle continues.

eli wallach goodbye GIF

He does it on the football board as well. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

-Someone needs to start asking the $9.95ers about how solid Murphy will be if Texas gets Ewers to flip.

The more you tease this, the happier I get. Someone should come up with a formula to weigh commitments based on positional value. If we get Ewers and he hits, he's more valuable than how many other recruits combined? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Irieguy said:

Yes. The logic on this one is pretty easy to deduce. Bama would have 20 players on track scholarship if this wasn’t the rule. 

This is exactly what happened and why the rule exists now. Miami used to be the kings at this. Jimmy Johnson would get a bunch of fast South Florida football players on track scholarships and stack his roster.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Someone here, brighter than you obviously, is going to have to explain to me how someone who's been posting a fuck ton on a message board telling another poster who regularly posts on a message board that they have no life for posting on a message board makes any sense and is insulting. Yeah, I post and read this forum regularly, You got me! 

I don't know if you've noticed, buddy, but lots of people attempting to engage you in a friendly debate, and you dismissed them and continued to argue in the face of fact. And then when confronted with facts, you got pissy and accused them of being a meanie. So the question of what someone is getting out of this is as germane to you as it is to me. If you're not actually here to learn something, only to shout your opinions, what the fuck are you doing here? 

I know what I'm doing here. I'm reading and learning and engaging with what, for the most part, is probably the smartest sports section of this board. And if someone stumbles in and spouting stupid shit, well, I point at laugh at stupid shit. I do enjoy the idea of being considered an Old Timer, however. I guess now that I'm 40 that's going become more and more common. I also love the idea that I attack people here because I can't do it in real life. Another nice projection. Conflict isn't something I shy away from here or elsewhere. But I'm sure you'll just continue to assume I'm a 5'4", 230 lb loser who's never been laid and lives with my parents still. I suppose that's a safe thought for you. 

IT

Spoiler

OL Connor Robertson, Austin Westlake (2022):

IT recently tripped to Westlake to visit with the 6-foot-4, 295-pound offensive lineman. Robertson, who holds 31 offers, including Stanford, USC, Miami, and Penn State, is a quiet recruit that doesn’t like the attention, just wants to find his path in a non-social media way.

While he’s excited to see the dead period lifted in June, he’s already had a number of student trips on the east and west coast. Specifically, California with Stanford and USC, where I’m hearing he’ll take a pair of official visits.

Academics is a priority with the Robertson family, and that keeps Texas in this race. Add to the fact his father attended UT and proximity, and the Horns are squarely in this race.

Robertson told IT on Saturday he loved the spring game and atmosphere, while meeting up with Maalik Murphy.

Robertson wants to be thorough in his pursuit, and he’ll schedule most of his officials in June, including Texas on the 18th-20th.

Only then will he start narrowing down schools and contemplating a decision date. You won’t see any top schools list. He doesn’t think it’s respectful to the other schools that pursue him.

Rather, he’ll gather all the information and make an informed decision when the time is right. Right now, this looks like a Texas-Stanford battle. Hold on loosely.

CB Denver Harris, North Shore (2022):

The five-star corner was able to get a comprehensive view of Texas over the two-night stay. He’s already familiar with the football side of things, but this weekend he was able to get a better understanding of the Texas network. As odd a pairing as this sounds, he spent a lot of time talking with ex-basketball player Connor Lammert. Lammert is leading a solid existence in commercial real estate. He told Harris what it was like to be a Texas athlete and what doors were opened to him after college.

You have to come at Denver a little differently. He’s not into the selling side of recruiting but he does enjoy learning about new places. Similarly, his mother is very inquisitive. While she didn’t make the trip, she was on FaceTime with him as he made the rounds, including meeting Governor Abbott.

Texas remains in a good spot but Nick Saban has made him as big of a priority as any Texas athlete in the last decade.

OL Kam Dewberry, Atascocita (2022)

Texas continues to chip away at Atascocita OT/G Kam Dewberry. The 6-foot-4, near 320-pounder with more than 80-inch wingspan has official visits set for Texas A&M June 18-20 and Ohio State June 25-27, and is looking at possibilities for visits to Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas and possibly LSU in June with the potential of saving the remainder of the five OV’s for the season. Alabama and Texas are good with whatever the family decides when it comes to visit timelines. As IT has pointed out on numerous occasions, Ohio State is Kam’s personal favorite. The family prefers closer to home. Texas OL coach Kyle Flood has had consistent communication with Dewberry since arriving in Austin. Bill Bedenbaugh remains a favorite position coach of a person in Dewberry’s decision making circle. Texas A&M is also a favorite of a person in the decision making circle.

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Man, I remember when, I think it was @Burt Macklin/UTLawnghorn? on Shaggy that was so high on getting this guy vs. the Muhammad guy that went to Michigan. Someone find him and make sure he's sitting down before he hears the news.

Yes, I have always been a huge Epps stan since the day Herman decided to recruit the 6’6, 220 lb WR who had just been processed by Bama and couldn’t break 5 seconds in the 40.

This is one of the darkest days I can remember in my time as a Longhorn fan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Do you have a Google Alert for every time Ewers is mentioned on this board? It's uncanny.

I read this recruiting board daily, so I see it all. But have made like four posts the past week and this is the first one about Ewers. This past week I was more concerned about the 20 separate tweets inserted on the Casey Thompson thread about him wanting to be number 11. Also think I posted on here about Athens, GA. But yah, the nation's top QB in this class moves my needle. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting