Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I mean, the rest of the list is aggy, LSU, Florida, Oregon, and USC. Georgia must have hit their budget on LBs already or something. The Perkins recruitment seems like an excellent litmus test of how ready and willing we are to play the game right now. If we’re not there in the end, there’s probably only one reason for that.

It is very surprising that Bama and UGA aren't more prominent in that recruitment

8 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I mean, the rest of the list is aggy, LSU, Florida, Oregon, and USC. Georgia must have hit their budget on LBs already or something. The Perkins recruitment seems like an excellent litmus test of how ready and willing we are to play the game right now. If we’re not there in the end, there’s probably only one reason for that.

It's often not just purely transactional. I don't think it's purely transactional on this one either. I think the dude is pulled in two directions, one with his mother in Houston and the other with dad and company in NOLA. I think there's a part of this guy's mindset where he thinks he just wants to get away. I wouldn't be surprised if UF and Oregon were legitimately in it at the end. Buuuuuuuuuttttt, of course ATM and LSU are probably what it all comes down to, and bags for any of these guys won't be largely differentiated.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

(Steve Wiltfong) The schools pushing the hardest for five-star LB Harold Perkins

Hide contents

There are not many prospects in the country more coveted than Cypress (Texas) Cy Park five-star Harold Perkins, the No. 1 outside linebacker in the country per the Top247 and the 247Sports Composite.

Who’s in best position to land him?

“He has A&M, LSU, USC and Florida,” his uncle Alvin Walton started in. “He talks to Oregon too and Texas has come into the fold too. That’s the six he’s talking to almost every day.

“They’re in conversation with him, with me, his mom, those are the six coming the hardest right now.”

Perkins has four official visits on the docket right now beginning with Texas A&M on June 4 and USC the weekend of June 25. He is set to see Florida on Sept. 17 and Oregon on Nov. 26.

“He went to LSU’s spring game, I took him to that. His mom took him to A&M’s spring game over the weekend. He enjoyed both of them. He hasn’t decided when he’s going to go to LSU for an official. He even talked about visiting Bama. And he has a visit with Texas coming up.”

The 6-foot-2 1/2, 200-pound Perkins is the nation’s No. 12 prospect regardless of position. On the prep level he is a difference maker out of the backfield averaging over 10 yards per carry in gaining close to 1,000 yards as a junior and obviously on the second level, a space eater, one of the fastest defenders in the country who has tremendous short-area burst and change of direction ability as well. Perkins also has natural ball skills.

“He’s looking forward to being a hybrid linebacker (on the next level),” Walton said.

“He has A&M, LSU, USC and Florida,” his uncle Alvin Walton started in. “He talks to Oregon too and Texas has come into the fold too. That’s the six he’s talking to almost every day.

there’s always an uncle

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Very underwhelming HUDL but it's a Soph vid so not sure what to think, no Utah offer is troubling for a NV kid that is jumbo athlete.  The article says "Texas and USC looking to add him as an outside linebacker" - I assume that means as a pass rushing OLB. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 6:32 PM, longhornmatt said:

Major Everhart from Amarillo Tascosa ran 10.44 to win the 100m at regionals this weekend.  This is the guy that was beating Brenen Thompson in races earlier in the spring and posted a 10.38 in one of them.

What am I missing here?  Grades?  He’s basically the same size as Thompson and Evan Stewart, with the same kind of elite speed, yet he isn’t being mentioned as a target for any of the big schools.  

He finally got a bluechip offer

6 minutes ago, Fug said:

USC I feel like is wasting it’s time the same way we do with Florida/deep SEc guys, they’d be better of putting their energy elsewhere 

USC has had a lot of success in Texas (signed 4 kids from Texas in 2021). They added BC to their staff as well as several former Longhorns coaches (known to the kids/trainers/coaches) They've also added several Texas kids via transfer in Ingram, Alford, Nixon, and Washington. They aren't going to get Perkins but they have A LOT more success in Texas than we do with Florida/deep SEC guys. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

If I had to guess, it’s probably Uncle Buck’s favorite artist:

1 hour ago, UncleBuck said:

I'm guessing some country rap bullshit, but I'm not clickin' the triangle. 

Bubba Sparxxx is the only good thing to come out of Athens, GA, even if he was the brainchild of Timbaland. Fight me @texifornia.  @UncleBuck is missing out.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, golfclap said:

USC has had a lot of success in Texas (signed 4 kids from Texas in 2021). They added BC to their staff as well as several former Longhorns coaches (known to the kids/trainers/coaches) They've also added several Texas kids via transfer in Ingram, Alford, Nixon, and Washington. They aren't going to get Perkins but they have A LOT more success in Texas than we do with Florida/deep SEC guys. 

Eh, the Texas guys they sign out of high school are usually ones that don’t get any attention from the in-State schools, maybe BC and company changes things, but that “A LOT” in there is a bit much at the moment. The kid we signed from Florida last class is better than any of the Texas kids they signed last class.

Edited by Lonestar88
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, UDontKnow said:

Bubba Sparxxx is the only good thing to come out of Athens, GA, even if he was the brainchild of Timbaland. Fight me @texifornia.  @UncleBuck is missing out.

There's something just weird I can't quite elucidate about an Indian guy shitting on Athens, GA and a ghetto white guy rapping. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

There's something just weird I can't quite elucidate about an Indian guy shitting on Athens, GA and a ghetto white guy rapping. 

Bubba Sparxxx is country, not ghetto. Big difference, sir. 

He states it himself in this hit single (yes, I know he's only a feature).

And I shit on the University of Georgia as a top school. I worked with many of their graduates and it was an experience I would prefer not to relive.

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Bubba Sparxxx is country, not ghetto. Big difference, sir. 

I'm sorry, I used ghetto as synonym for "trash," not really to specify a specific kind of group. 

He was the soundtrack of the single greatest Vince Young youtube highlight of all time, however, so I'll give him that. 

This is the video BO&W watches before he combs his neck-beard and doesn't get laid. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Country folks like booty too <Tom Hanks MAGA hat Jeopardy SNL skit>.

Don't even listen to the lyrics. Just press play for 10 seconds and then tell me that he's ghetto and not country.

This is a weird hill to die on. Frankly, its borderline racist. Just because he's white he is country. Frankly I'm shocked and appalled by your behavior here, sir. And most importantly, I'm disappointed in you. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Country folks like booty too <Tom Hanks MAGA hat Jeopardy SNL skit>.

Sure, but I'm not going to listen to that shit. I'm just pointing out that despite what might pass as BroCountry or whatever he markets himself now - dude was not country. There is no world in which "Ms. New Booty" even qualifies as BroCountry nonsense. 

That's like saying that House of Pain's Jump Around is country because Everlast is fleecing country fans for his income. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You can fuck right off. REM is fucking terrible and Michael Stipe should be in prison for aural assault of millions of people. He's a fucking war criminal. 

And you may fuck right off too sir.  They are one of the best rock and roll bands of all time and members of the Rock and Roll HOF.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

Sure, but I'm not going to listen to that shit. I'm just pointing out that despite what might pass as BroCountry or whatever he markets himself now - dude was not country. There is no world in which "Ms. New Booty" even qualifies as BroCountry nonsense. 

That's like saying that House of Pain's Jump Around is country because Everlast is fleecing country fans for his income. 

The music is hip hop, but his stage name is Bubba, he was definitely going for the country aesthetic from the jump.

Also look at him.

4 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

And you may fuck right off too sir.  They are one of the best rock and roll bands of all time and members of the Rock and Roll HOF.

Oooh, the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. Them and fellow alums ABBA, Johnny Cash, Whitney Houston, and NWA. 

The difference is, only REM fucking sucks. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Can we go back to the ECON discussion?

Spring game press conference today. Three commits yesterday. What are the Offseason and Recruiting boards talking about? 

Econ classes, incels, and the many many shitty music acts (and also Drive-By Truckers, who are emphatically not shitty) to come out of Athens, Georgia.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

The music is hip hop, but his stage name is Bubba, he was definitely going for the country aesthetic from the jump.

Also look at him.

Or listen to his lyrics...he quite literally says, "I'm white just by chance, but I'm country by God's graces."

I'm a simple man and that's enough for me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, texifornia said:

Spring game press conference today. Three commits yesterday. What are the Offseason and Recruiting boards talking about? 

Econ classes, incels, and the many many shitty music acts (and also Drive-By Truckers, who are emphatically not shitty) to come out of Athens, Georgia.

Things are clearly going too well. Need pics of Sark shotgunning beers on the lake with coeds for all to be right again. 

• Haha 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting