Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

15 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Recent Gideon follow

https://247sports.com/player/barion-brown-46096621/

He and Perkins are scheduled for a TCU OV together in June - I imagine we're angling for a pit stop on that trip

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter

57 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Do we have any insight on when Manning would consider making a decision? The people at IT and elsewhere have been more and more bullish about Manning at Sark and UT being a great combination, but we also know that Ewers and Manning absolutely will not attend the same school. If the interest from the Manning family is even remotely as high in Texas as is being hinted, is there a legit game of chicken going on here? 

CTJ said yesterday that the Mannings want to see the offense in action this fall. If they like what they see, then Texas should get good news before the season is over.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

CTJ said yesterday that the Mannings want to see the offense in action this fall. If they like what they see, then Texas should get good news before the season is over.

Yeah man, I got that part. It’s the Ewers part of the dynamic  asking on, and if it could/would move up Manning if they’re truly as high in Sark  as reputed. Or if Sark could/would leverage either to move up faster. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

To Sydney's point, it's not going to matter when Ewers is already committed here. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Nick Harris:  Bryce Anderson dishes on commitment timeline, relationship with Texas

Spoiler

Bryce Anderson dishes on commitment timeline, relationship with Texas

Nick Harris

BEAUMONT, Texas — Following his decommitment from LSU after being committed to the Tigers since his sophomore season, Beaumont West Brook four-star defensive back Bryce Anderson fielded calls from just about every major program in the country.

Anderson now sits as one of the most offered prospects in the country with 44 offers to his name, but he has whittled his options down to a top five of Alabama, LSU, Texas, Texas A&M and USC.

"I'm taking my next step towards my recruitment now," Anderson said. "I had laid off during track season but now I'm about to start looking into my final five schools. I'm looking more into it now and getting my official dates set up."

Anderson currently holds 11 Crystal Ball Predictions in favor of Texas as the Longhorns have been able to recruit the Golden Triangle defensive back effectively since his decommitment from LSU.

"I'm just keeping up constant communication," he said. "Learning new things about them and their coaching. I saw that they looked real good during the spring game, the DBs played real well. They made plays and that's what I was looking forward to seeing."

It's been an all-in approach behind Steve Sarkisian, cornerbacks coach Terry Joseph and safeties coach Blake Gideon to bring Anderson into the class.

"Sark calls and catches up with the family all the time," he said. "He's real constant and he talks to us a lot. With Joseph and Gideon, we talk just about technique."

Anderson currently has an official visit scheduled to Texas A&M on June 4-6 and an unofficial visit scheduled for Texas on June 18-20. He will take his other four official visits to Alabama, LSU, Texas and USC during the season.

"As of now, I'm probably gonna commit before district starts after the pre-season games," Anderson said. "I want to be able to focus in on the district games and not have to worry about recruiting."

Playing into his decision is whatever defensive scheme he feels like he can find the most success in. As his high school career has gone on, Anderson is being recruited more as a cornerback and nickel rather than a straight-up safety. Whatever school he decides will have some fun with his versatility in the defensive backfield.

"It's gonna come down to whose DBs can make the most plays and who can fit me in their scheme," he said. "I like Texas' scheme and LSU's spring game specifically, but definitely everybody in my final five."

Anderson has also begun to start picking up track and field offers from his top five schools including Texas as he will look to play both at the next level. Despite setting a personal record of 10.48 in the 100-meter last week at the regional meet, Anderson fell just short of qualifying for state in Austin next weekend. Regardless, he plans on going to Austin next week to check out the track stadium and take in the state meet.

At 6-foot-0, 190 pounds, Anderson is the No. 45 ranked recruit in the country for the class of 2022, according to 247Sports Composite. He is the No. 3 safety in the country (would be the No. 8 cornerback) and the No. 11 recruit from the state of Texas.

Had heard thru the grapevine that Campbell and Robertson were leaning Texas with plans to announce awhile back. (Despite Campbell’s stated timeline) Since nothing has come out yet, I wonder if the Stanford offer for Robertson changed things for him. 

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Had heard thru the grapevine that Campbell and Robertson were leaning Texas with plans to announce awhile back. (Despite Campbell’s stated timeline) Since nothing has come out yet, I wonder if the Stanford offer for Robertson changed things for him. 

Campbell's dad has made it known publicly that his son won't be committing til the fall at the earliest.. Not sure about Robertson but it's an easy decision to wait and check out other places before committing.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Landon Samson is a good D1 prospect, but he’s not OSU good. They’re getting nervous about Ewers and pondering burning a scholarship on his best friend. 

I read this on IT and immediately thought this and kept expecting them to allude to it as a motivating factor for the interest.  But they didn’t . 

1 minute ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

I read this on IT and immediately thought this and kept expecting them to allude to it as a motivating factor for the interest.  But they didn’t . 

Probably because Gerry and Nahlin are actively working in real time to convince themselves that Samson is going to be absolutely amazing at the next level, and the Texas staff is a pack of clowns that should have already locked him up. 

I’m entertained by that notion at least. We’re undoubtedly going to hear soon that he can start for any P5 team in the country. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Samson is going to be absolutely amazing at the next level, and the Texas staff is a pack of clowns that should have already locked him up.

Is this 2021's Nahlin looking longingly at Baylor's Tate Williams and Conner Heffernan through a raindrop covered window? 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

Kid is a hell of a football player. We watched him play at a 7vs7 tournament in Tulsa. Great hands and super athletic. Surprised OU doesn’t push harder for him. 

did you get to see Korbyn Green as well? and if so, what did you think?  I've heard that there are several teams starting to turn up the heat on him, teams that have really good eval staffs.  

7 minutes ago, golfclap said:

did you get to see Korbyn Green as well? and if so, what did you think?  I've heard that there are several teams starting to turn up the heat on him, teams that have really good eval staffs.  

I’ll be honest I don’t know. Does he play on the same team? Sooner 7 is a great football organization in Tulsa. They have been around the longest in the state. Their older team beat our older team at that tournament. My sons team (14u) played theirs at a tournament in Durant a couple weeks ago and we beat them twice. 

5 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

But to answer your question if I remember right he lines up at linebacker and played receiver as well. 

The 6'3" 290lb Defensive Tackle lines up at Linebacker and receiver for his 7 on 7 team? 

That sounds like bullshit, but if true, sign me up...

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

The 6'3" 290lb Defensive Tackle lines up at Linebacker and receiver for his 7 on 7 team? 

That sounds like bullshit, but if true, sign me up...

Again man I’m not 100%, but I’m pretty fucking close. I do know he stuck out on his team who is full of studs. 

Edited by Pdawg88
Lunch time doobie, can’t spell
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pdawg88 said:

I’ll be honest I don’t know. Does he play on the same team? Sooner 7 is a great football organization in Tulsa. They have been around the longest in the state. Their older team beat our older team at that tournament. My sons team (14u) played theirs at a tournament in Durant a couple weeks ago and we beat them twice. 

yeah - he plays on that Sooner7 team. He's at Owasso with McClellan now but was at BookerT in Tulsa. 

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

While the Swanson commitment was gruntling, I can't see many blue-chip kids committing before July at the earliest. Now that official visits have been cleared, why wouldn't you wait to take 5 free trips, get your ass kissed, get bags dropped, and have hot college puss thrown your way a la He Got Game... There's just no reason to commit right now. 

35 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If Swanson is predicted to end up at DT, how many more are we thinking we'll take with him and Ross?  

All of them. 

Since we have better offensive skill evaluators now, we don't have to waste numbers on WRs and TEs in the hopes one of them breaks out. You need a good 2.5-3 deep on the DL.

I’m amazed at how people don’t apply common sense to the idea of bag men. “Is he an elite bag man?” 

do people think these guys are just independently wealthy and move as mercenaries from random school to random school to secure them players? With their own money? Yeah, the money has to come from an established network of alumni, funneled to a guy, who then delivers it. Those networks don’t travel from school to school with the hire. 

All these guys need to do is have good relationships with players (jay valai) and a willingness to get some kids or trainers paid. The framework of money and the network should exist independent of them. 

Nah, bro. It’s about how they carry the bags. Their form, their subtlety, the wink and nod during the exchange. That’s what sets an elite bagman apart from someone like KarenKeyLargo.
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 12:53 PM, UncleBuck said:

Yah, the Harris situation annoys me. Giving Bama the last visit. We're not up to $peed yet. 

That's why you make sure to hand him the Whataburger Bag on June 19th, and tell him "If I give you these burgers, you're not taking the trip to Bama next week."

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting