Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

30 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

Beard didn’t offer.

Yeah, I don't think he will. I used to think that you could tell how good a lineman would be by getting him on the basketball court. After seeing Damieon George get playing time, I'm beginning to change my opinion.

(CJ Vogel) Quick Hitter | Cole Hutson to Narrow His Options Soon

Spoiler

Stopped by Frisco this afternoon to chat with OL Cole Hutson. I’ll have more on Hutson tomorrow when I get back to Austin, but here are some notes.

As we know, Hutson has three official visits locked in for now.

June 11-13 – Texas
June 18-20 – Oklahoma
June 25-27 – Texas A&M
He told me he plans to narrow down his options in the near future, aiming toward the end of the month. I have no reason to believe the three schools listed above will not be included in his final group.

I did not get the sense that one school had a significant lead over the others, but I wanted to note something interesting that Hutson shared with me during the visit. He talks frequently with Jake Majors and Logan Parr.

Hutson told me the vibe from the two of them about coach Kyle Flood is much more receptive than the reviews he was receiving about former OL coach Herb Hand. I’m not sure how much of an impact that will make, but it certainly helps Texas’ cause to have two more positive voices in his ear about the new coaching staff.

• Hook 'Em 1

Mike at Night

Spoiler

— Texas offered Duncanville offensive tackle Cameron Williams today. The big man is listed at 6-foot-5, 360 pounds, but I'd bet both of those numbers are a bit higher now. Williams definitely needs to do some work re-shaping his body, but he is a high upside play and a tackle body. Texas did come to the party a bit late, but they could make a push this summer. The Longhorns will have some work to do as Williams already has four visits locked in during the month of June and isn't sure what he's going to do with the fifth yet. Oregon, Miami, Oklahoma and Texas Tech will all get a look and the Longhorns will have to battle for a place at the table.

— I don't believe this is an indicator of trouble with any other targets on the board. The Longhorns have been evaluating Williams for most of the spring and are looking for true tackle bodies. I don't believe Kyle Flood is as concerned with the weight on a high school prospect as other coaches and there is some belief in the staff's ability to convert a big body like that. As I said above, this feels like a pure play for a high-ceiling prospect hoping to develop him into a future star.

8 hours ago, Getafix said:

Williams already has four visits locked in during the month of June and isn't sure what he's going to do with the fifth yet. Oregon, Miami, Oklahoma and Texas Tech will all get a look and the Longhorns will have to battle for a place at the table.

Well shit, he's already locked his visits in. Let's just hope NDSU doesn't lock in the 5th or we'll just have to move on.

43 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Did the mods say anything?

"He has said he is not in contact or looking at other schools and Texas has a QB commitment."

Best part of that thread is them citing Mike Roach's info as a reason not to worry.

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by Bounce

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

"He has said he is not in contact or looking at other schools and Texas has a QB commitment."

Best part of that thread is them citing Mike Roach's info as a reason not to worry.

Man, I never considered Roach useful. 6D chess.

IT

Spoiler

By: Justin and Gerry

WR Brenen Thompson, Spearman (2022)

When Steve Sarkisian says All Gas No Brakes, I think one person he's got in mind is Brenen Thompson.

The 5-foot-10, 165-pound four-star athlete with a verified 10.38 (100) and 21.51 (200) is headed to Austin on Wednesday for the state track meet.

"(Running) in the 100 meters, 200 meters, and 4x100," said Thompson, who might be clairvoyant. He told IT in January his goal was to win state in the 100 and 200, and now he's closer than ever.

With 36 offers including Alabama, Clemson, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma State, the Longhorns continue to look solid heading into the end of the NCAA dead period on June 1st. He's set to see Oklahoma State on June 9th-11th, and might hold on to the remainder of his officials until the season begins.

Thompson says Texas doesn't talk too much about football. Instead, just building relationships with the staff.

He is looking at an unofficial trip to Texas in June, and it still slated to see the campus for a student visit later this week. He's a priority for the staff, and the more he gets to the ATX, the better we'll feel in these sweepstakes.

WR Arlis Boardingham, Birmingham (Van Nuys, CA) (2022)

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound athlete has set his official visit to Texas. He'll arrive in Austin on June 24th-26th.

The composite three-star holds 13 offers including Notre Dame, Utah, Arizona State, and Colorado. The long-limbed receiver looks to be an offensive threat that could fit in UT's system.

DB/N Adari Haulcy, Fort Bend Marshall (2022)

Texas reached out to the versatile defensive back recently. According to the coaching staff at FB Marshall, UT called and said they were going to begin the relationship building process with the 5-foot-11, 195-pounder, who holds seven offers, including Kansas, New Mexico, and Louisiana.

Haulcy has been a favorite of the Marshall coaching staff since his terrific season at corner in 2020 - 20 tackles, four pass break-ups, seven interceptions including one pick-six.

He will transition to nickel as a senior, which is where Marshall puts its best defender. Texas told Marshall coaches that nickel is a spot they are looking for in the 2022 class.

DE Torami Dixon, West Rusk (2022):

Another prospect the Texas staff reached out to recently is the 6-foot-4, 240-pound dual-sport athlete out of New London. Dixon excels on the football field and basketball court, where he was named Defensive MVP and first team All-District this year, respectively. He has the size and versatility to play on both sides of the ball, but UT sees him on the defensive side, they told the West Rusk staff.

He tallied 101 tackles, 22 tackles for loss, six sacks, four forced fumbles, and two fumble recoveries for the regional quarterfinalist Raiders in 2020. He has tremendous feet and natural ability to bend the edge and get to the quarterback. He averaged almost 20 points and 11 rebounds per game on the hardwood.

Dixon holds four offers including UTSA, Nevada, Army, and Houston Baptist, and is hearing from Purdue, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech. Dixon wants to schedule a trip to Austin this summer, and I expect him to take his official visits during the fall season.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bevo14 said:

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by Bounce

Lol if Roach ever changes his tone on Ewers, we might as well assume he’s in the class

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

WR Arlis Boardingham, Birmingham (Van Nuys, CA) (2022)

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound athlete has set his official visit to Texas. He'll arrive in Austin on June 24th-26th.

The composite three-star holds 13 offers including Notre Dame, Utah, Arizona State, and Colorado. The long-limbed receiver looks to be an offensive threat that could fit in UT's system.

At linebacker

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting