Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

See, my vision for the Surly Olympic Games-Kickboxing-Arm Wrestling-Farmer’s Market-and-Sisco+Chingy Concert on September 4th is much more grand. I’m currently in Las Vegas, training for it as I type. By that, I mean I’ve been drinking, gambling and fucking non-stop for the last 24 hours and have yet to pass out or fall into cardiac arrest. 

I love a good farmer’s market.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

See, my vision for the Surly Olympic Games-Kickboxing-Arm Wrestling-Farmer’s Market-and-Sisco+Chingy Concert on September 4th is much more grand. I’m currently in Las Vegas, training for it as I type. By that, I mean I’ve been drinking, gambling and fucking non-stop for the last 24 hours and have yet to pass out or fall into cardiac arrest. 

It's that kind of dedication that brings home the gold.

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The bot will be along momentarily to post the entire thing, but in IT's humidor they give 60% odds that Ewers signs with Texas. 

This has happened a few times this week - must be internet connectivity problems. You would think at this stage, he would be directly wired into the net.

48 minutes ago, Machinator said:

IT

Reveal hidden contents

RECRUITING

As IT reported last week, Texas was closing in on offering Cameron Williams. With the offer now on the table for the upside RT/OG from Duncanville, IT takes a look at where things stand with OL recruiting:

Texas leads:

OT Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek

IT continues to hear nothing but positives with Banks, his family, and Texas. Calculator? We think so.

OG Devon Campbell, Arlington Bowie

IT spoke with a source in Campbell‘s inner circle on Thursday and continues to feel comfortable saying Texas is in the best spot. June OV’s to USC and Oklahoma will happen. A June OV to LSU could happen too. If not then, then during the season. The source said Campbell and family will make unofficial visits in June to Texas, Texas A&M, and Houston. Campbell likes to walk around and truly study campuses, and campus life. Of course, in-person conversations with all the staffs mentioned are going to be key. Texas is expected to get an OV during the season.

It’s an interesting recruitment in the behind-the-scenes sentiment is extremely favorable for Texas, while the public sentiment is merely favorable.

Abacus?

50-50:

OG Cole Hutson, Frisco High

Texas vs. OU battle has been talked about for a while. June will tell the story.

OG/C Connor Robertson, Westlake

Stanford and other schools in the Pac-12 are working to pull the versatile prospect away from Austin. June 18-20 OV to Texas figures big here.

Texas is doing better than expected:

OG Neto Umeozulu, Allen

The Texas staff is quietly doing a good job here, and the feeling is the Longhorns have a shot. When the family puts a premium on academics, never count UT out.

OG/RT Cameron Williams, Duncanville

While Williams has the four OV’s locked in, it will be a surprise if Texas doesn’t push their way into serious contention.

Work to be done:

RT/OG Kam Dewberry, Atascocita

Ohio State has Dewberry’s attention. Texas A&M and Oklahoma have the family’s attention. Texas will get the big frame OL prospect on campus more than once before a December decision is made. LSU and Alabama are also in the mix. Texas is jockeying for position now and can win it down the stretch.

-----------------------------------------------

OL Cam Williams, Duncanville (2022):

We’re in a different era of o-line recruiting. Gone are the days of the grow-em tackle. In its place steps 6-foot-6, 380 pound Cameron Williams. Williams is the latest from the DFW powerhouse to pick up a Texas offer.

What did the Texas offer mean for the four-star from the Metroplex?

“It means a lot,” said Williams. “I’ve been waiting on the offer for a long time.”

True story. He told IT in an interview two months ago during spring workouts that if there’s one offer he really wanted, it was Texas.

He’s been speaking with Kyle Flood lately and hopes to schedule a visit this summer.

Oregon, Miami, OU, and Texas Tech are set for officials in June, but there’s a chance Williams will see Austin in an official or unofficial capacity.

Despite the lack of recruiting success surrounding the Panthers over the last cycle, Williams is one that could change the narrative.

QB Quinn Ewers, Southlake Carroll (2022):

Inside Texas has had the Ohio State soft commit as a slightly better than coin flip to backflip to Texas. While others are saying there’s nothing to see here, we are saying there is in fact something to see here and will go from 51% to 60% confidence he ends up in Austin.

This isn’t based on anything Quinn has told us, but we feel we have a good read of the situation. Follow at your own peril.

IT always seems to hit peak levels of sunshine in the spring before OVs and Junior Days start up in the summer. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

IT always seems to hit peak levels of sunshine in the spring before OVs and Junior Days start up in the summer. 

Eric cranks his fandom up in the offseason and their reporting is all the worse for it. The sunshine brigade isn't very skilled at tempering expectations. 

He literally said "calculator" for Kelvin Banks with 7-9 months to go in the cycle. Chill out, guys.

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

What happens in Vegas ends up on Surly.

15 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

4 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Eric cranks his fandom up in the offseason and their reporting is all the worse for it. The sunshine brigade isn't very skilled at tempering expectations. 

He literally said "calculator" for Kelvin Banks with 7-9 months to go in the cycle. Chill out, guys.

Take it to the Cloak room

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Sounds like we have a $9.95 source off.  Roach says nothing to see with Ewers and doesn't think Texas is in a decent spot for Neto.  IT thinks differently on both.

Rooting for IT here

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Is that good?

Not really.  I did that in high school.  Took me two attempts though.

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Sounds like we have a $9.95 source off.  Roach says nothing to see with Ewers and doesn't think Texas is in a decent spot for Neto.  IT thinks differently on both.

Is that good?

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

I'd be interested to know if Ewers was ever recruiting for Ohio State, since it seems he's doing nothing for them right now.

per a screenshot yesterday? wed? from the tOSU boards, the coaches are annoyed he isn't recruiting for them.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Roach gets his shit from trainers, coaches and street agents. IT gets it from all of those plus family members

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting