Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Wells

Spoiler

WR Evan Stewart, Frisco Liberty (2022):

Fresh off a gold medal-winning performance at the state track meet last weekend in Austin, Stewart accomplished some early-season goals.

His 24'6" in the long jump was good enough for the gold, while his 48'9" triple jump was good enough for silver.

In his off time, he saw the campus and the renovated DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium. While he originally planned to hit Austin on June 11th-13th (that was moved for the UA camp), he still expects to make an unofficial visit possibly June 18th-20th. He's still going to see Florida on June 4th-6th and Texas A&M on June 24th-26th, and is still looking at other places and dates, including USC.

For the 6-foot-0, 175-pound five-star wideout, his recruitment has been a ride even before his UT de-commitment. With the NCAA looking to approve NIL, it'll be a major factor in his recruitment, and Texas knows they can sell Name, Image, and Likeness programs to prospects like Stewart. The Frisco Liberty native is very savvy with social media, which could turn into dollars over the next few years.

Stewart and Texas talk on the regular. He's getting closer to Andre Coleman and Brandon Harris. This pursuit just needs to stay the course.

RB DeAnthony Gatson, Newton (2022):

Another dream offer. That's what Gatson told IT two months ago during a visit to Newton.

"Texas was my dream school," Gatson said. "I always wanted to play at UT."

From then to now, contact was hit-and-miss until today. First, Stan Drayton called and extended an offer to the East Texan bred tailback. Then Steve Sarkisian called to introduce himself and invite Gatson to Austin in June.

Gatson, who rushed for 1,929 yards and 29 touchdowns in 2020, holds 20 offers including Michigan, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, and USC. He's supposed to set up his visit schedule this week and is looking at UT in June.

"(Texas) loves how big and strong Gatson was and they are impressed with his ability to run at 210-215 pounds," said a coach within the program. "I'm sure Austin will be on his visit list."

I don't see this as an indicator of where UT stands with Tavorus Jones or TreVonte' Citizen, rather keeping all running backs warm for that No. 2 spot in the 2022 class.

29 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Wells

Hide contents

WR Evan Stewart, Frisco Liberty (2022):

Fresh off a gold medal-winning performance at the state track meet last weekend in Austin, Stewart accomplished some early-season goals.

His 24'6" in the long jump was good enough for the gold, while his 48'9" triple jump was good enough for silver.

In his off time, he saw the campus and the renovated DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium. While he originally planned to hit Austin on June 11th-13th (that was moved for the UA camp), he still expects to make an unofficial visit possibly June 18th-20th. He's still going to see Florida on June 4th-6th and Texas A&M on June 24th-26th, and is still looking at other places and dates, including USC.

For the 6-foot-0, 175-pound five-star wideout, his recruitment has been a ride even before his UT de-commitment. With the NCAA looking to approve NIL, it'll be a major factor in his recruitment, and Texas knows they can sell Name, Image, and Likeness programs to prospects like Stewart. The Frisco Liberty native is very savvy with social media, which could turn into dollars over the next few years.

Stewart and Texas talk on the regular. He's getting closer to Andre Coleman and Brandon Harris. This pursuit just needs to stay the course.

RB DeAnthony Gatson, Newton (2022):

Another dream offer. That's what Gatson told IT two months ago during a visit to Newton.

"Texas was my dream school," Gatson said. "I always wanted to play at UT."

From then to now, contact was hit-and-miss until today. First, Stan Drayton called and extended an offer to the East Texan bred tailback. Then Steve Sarkisian called to introduce himself and invite Gatson to Austin in June.

Gatson, who rushed for 1,929 yards and 29 touchdowns in 2020, holds 20 offers including Michigan, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, and USC. He's supposed to set up his visit schedule this week and is looking at UT in June.

"(Texas) loves how big and strong Gatson was and they are impressed with his ability to run at 210-215 pounds," said a coach within the program. "I'm sure Austin will be on his visit list."

I don't see this as an indicator of where UT stands with Tavorus Jones or TreVonte' Citizen, rather keeping all running backs warm for that No. 2 spot in the 2022 class.

Dream School for Gatson...

a8fbb085-1d78-4a12-b434-a7b12f58b568_tex

Gerry

Spoiler

LB Niuafe Tuihalamaka, Bishop Alemany (CA)

IT was just informed that the LB's OV to Texas has been rescheduled for June 4-6.

OV schedule: Notre Dame (June 11-13)

Cameron Williams updated June OV's

Oregon June 4-6
Miami Jun 9-11
Oklahoma June 18-20
Texas June 25-27

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Said no one ever!

I’m on board with signing Mr Harris yesterday but that makes me think.  How many 5* high schooler tear mcls while in high school and still go on to have great college careers?   I know that there are perfectly healthy 5*s that don’t pan out but just curious if anyone has any info on the actual numbers.  

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Was it a mock or a wish list, and who did he have on dl instead?

He has Dindy, Abor, Moore, and McClellan there. Also McKinzie under LB, but he'll be an edge guy. 

Dindy will be a battle with Clemson that OU will probably win, Abor will be a battle with tOSU and maybe Bama that OU will probably win, and McClellan a battle with tOSU that tOSU will probably win 

I don't have a read on Moore, but he's a national top 50 guy from Maryland

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, stork642 said:

I’m on board with signing Mr Harris yesterday but that makes me think.  How many 5* high schooler tear mcls while in high school and still go on to have great college careers?   I know that there are perfectly healthy 5*s that don’t pan out but just curious if anyone has any info on the actual numbers.  

For sure- Valid point. For which I have no answer. But I’d guess with today’s medical technology, it’s a routine surgery/rehab- No?

At any rate- Here’s to hoping the best for Denver! (my GrandDad’s middle name BTW)

go get em Kid!🤘🏻🙌🏻👏🏻👊🏻

Super K on Gatson

Spoiler

A little over a week ago, I mentioned a 2022 running back name to watch who would likely be taking an official visit for the first week of June. The relevant part said:

But I’m told an in-state back who could be making it in for an official visit before Jones is Newton running back, De’Anthony Gatson.

I’m still familiarizing myself with Gatson and we will likely get out to see him soon so I don’t have a ton to tell you about him right now other than I’m told he’s another target for that second running back slot.

Well, it appears Texas did offer Gatson just yesterday.

Again, this is where Texas needs to be right now in my opinion – looking for talented guys with upside regardless of their stars. You can shoot for the big names but you don’t want to hold on so long that you miss guys like Boardingham or Gatson or whoever.

I can tell you that behind the scenes Texas had made a move for Raleek Brown and it sounds like Brown was actually considering taking a visit. But I’m told that is no longer likely and I’m wondering if they went ahead with the Gatson offer as a result.

Again, doing a nice job here in my opinion of trying to build talent. Going for the big shots but not lingering too long. There is plenty of talent in Texas’ major recruiting areas to build this thing the right way.

(Eric Nahlin) Flood’s OL types, both on the roster and recruiting class

Spoiler

I wanted to circle back to this passage from our reporting of Kyle Flood’s clinic.

Read it; learn it; know it; become it.

Flood also categorized players as fitting into one of a few types: guys who can only play tackle who have length and athleticism but lack power to move inside; guys who can play tackle or guard; guys who have the power to play inside at guard but not the length to play outside; guys who have the power to play guard and the quickness and flexibility to play center; and then guys who have the flexibility to play center but not enough power or length to play guard or tackle. You need a mixture of all of them, can't get too many who fit into one category or you'll get into trouble.

Unfortunately this only covers physical specs, and as we know, athleticism can compensate for physical limitations. Lack of athleticism can also make waste of excellent physical upside, too.

Within these parameters, let’s see what Kyle Flood is working with. After reading this, it will make more clear how Texas needs more dancing bears and less swing players.

1. Guys who can only play tackle who have length and athleticism but lack power to move inside

JR Christian Jones: I actually think Jones can play guard, and maybe he will in the NFL one day. But putting him in with the swing guys does him a disservice as he’s probably the purest tackle prospect in the program.

RS FR Jaylen Garth: This exercise will underline the value Garth has as a pure tackle with uncommon athleticism. The staff is optimistic on his future but he’ll require much more development. Stay healthy, Jaylen.

Recruits who fit

2022 OT Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek: I see him as an upside left tackle, which is why he’s one of the five most important prospects in the class. Could he play guard? Sure, but that would be a miss and create a hole in the roster, assuming they sign him, of course.

2022 OT George Fitzpatrick, Cherry Creek (Englewood, CO): More of a grow‘em left tackle candidate versus the big bodies the staff prefers.

2022 OT Josh Conerly, Rainier Beach (Seattle, WA): Texas just made his top-12. Yay. It’ll be a difficult recruitment to win. Shades of DJ Humphries, one of my favorite high school o-linemen ever (he’s not on Humphries’ level, though).

2. Guys who can play tackle or guard

SR Tope Imade: A month ago I would have scoffed at the notion Imade could play tackle but Flood asks him to keep it simple in pass pro. He’s hard to beat inside, he can’t be bull-rushed, so he just needs to not get beat by speed to the outside. His size plays in his favor there too.

SR Derek Kerstetter: He’s a hard guy to place neatly into a box. I still think his best position is center, at least when it comes to the NFL. He doesn’t have great length for tackle and lacks power for guard, or at least he did previously. His value is in his plug-and-play versatility.

RS FR Andrej Karic: Karic lacks length but does have compensatory traits: great technique, quick feet, and he’s a fighter. I could see him playing guard later in his career, especially after he develops more power and the staff signs more prototypical tackles.

SO Isaiah Hookfin: Based on high school tape you’d place the athletic Hookfin in the first box but he’s played both guard and tackle. He faded throughout spring ball and was passed by Imade at right tackle. The program needs Hookfin to maximize because he has genuine athletic and physical upside.

FR Hayden Conner: I see him more as a guard, but I also see Tope Imade running 2nd team right tackle. Conner is nearly as big and more athletic than Imade. He’s almost certainly a guard long term but this is where he fits given Flood’s size preferences.

Recruits who fit

2022 OL Devon Campbell, Arlington Bowie: Sort of like Tyler Johnson in that he has a guard body and that’s his best position, but he has long arms and is a great athlete.

2022 OL Kam Dewberry, Atascocita: Where as Campbell is a guard first, tackle second, Dewberry is the other way around. I could see him being a very good collegiate right tackle before a long NFL career at guard.

2022 OL Neto Umeozulu, Allen: I think he has the quickness to play right tackle, but I’m not sure he’ll ever be the best option in whatever program he ends up choosing. It’s very hard to see better guard options regardless of where he goes. Massive OG upside.

2022 OL Cameron Williams, Duncanville: He’s absolutely massive but given Kyle Flood’s past, I think Williams can stick at tackle if he takes weight management seriously.

3. Guys who have the power to play inside at guard but not the length to play outside

JR Junior Angilau: Angilau is large but not necessarily long-armed. Guard is perfect for him, especially given he’s not the greatest in pass pro but is aggressive in the run game.

SO Tyler Johnson: He’s athletic enough for tackle, but not technical enough and has a guard body. Johnson’s going to play a ton for the program, it’s just a matter of time. He’ll have a long NFL career at guard if he stays after it.

SR Denzel Okafor: Okafor’s return is probably the only thing keeping Tyler Johnson from starting. He had a strong spring and has plus length and athleticism for the position.

Recruits who fit

2022 OL Malik Agbo, Todd Beamer (Federal Way, WA): Awesome they named a high school after Todd Beamer. I don’t see this recruitment working in UT’s favor.

2022 OL Earnest Greene, St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA): Another recruitment I don’t see Texas factoring in, but the dear reader needed some examples.

2022 OL Cole Hutson, Frisco: If you brought out the measuring tape, he might have tackle length, but he also has a very wide “guard” build. He moves well within that build and UT would do quite well to land him.

4. Guys who have the power to play guard and the quickness and flexibility to play center

JR Rafiti Ghirmai: He’s improved at center over the years but he has Majors in front of him and a lot of bodies ahead of him at guard.

Recruits who fit

2022 OL Conner Robertson, Westlake: Good quickness and pop in his hips. I think he’s just what the staff wants in a center but the overlapping ability with guard-play is evident.

Ezra Oyatede in the previous cycle was an obvious fit here.

5. Guys who have the flexibility to play center but not enough power or length to play guard or tackle

SO Jake Majors: There’s nothing wrong with being center-specific, but when you take one you need to hit on him. Texas probably did with Majors after essentially ignoring the position since taking Zach Shackelford years ago.

RS FR Logan Parr: Like Majors, Parr is new to center, but the functional depth chart is thin at the position and he could become valuable down the road.

Recruits who fit

N/A

Michael Myslinski in the previous class fit here.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Super K on Gatson

Reveal hidden contents

A little over a week ago, I mentioned a 2022 running back name to watch who would likely be taking an official visit for the first week of June. The relevant part said:

But I’m told an in-state back who could be making it in for an official visit before Jones is Newton running back, De’Anthony Gatson.

I’m still familiarizing myself with Gatson and we will likely get out to see him soon so I don’t have a ton to tell you about him right now other than I’m told he’s another target for that second running back slot.

Well, it appears Texas did offer Gatson just yesterday.

Again, this is where Texas needs to be right now in my opinion – looking for talented guys with upside regardless of their stars. You can shoot for the big names but you don’t want to hold on so long that you miss guys like Boardingham or Gatson or whoever.

I can tell you that behind the scenes Texas had made a move for Raleek Brown and it sounds like Brown was actually considering taking a visit. But I’m told that is no longer likely and I’m wondering if they went ahead with the Gatson offer as a result.

Again, doing a nice job here in my opinion of trying to build talent. Going for the big shots but not lingering too long. There is plenty of talent in Texas’ major recruiting areas to build this thing the right way.

beauty and the beast 90s GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Machinator said:

(Eric Nahlin) Flood’s OL types, both on the roster and recruiting class

Hide contents

I wanted to circle back to this passage from our reporting of Kyle Flood’s clinic.

Read it; learn it; know it; become it.

Unfortunately this only covers physical specs, and as we know, athleticism can compensate for physical limitations. Lack of athleticism can also make waste of excellent physical upside, too.

Within these parameters, let’s see what Kyle Flood is working with. After reading this, it will make more clear how Texas needs more dancing bears and less swing players.

1. Guys who can only play tackle who have length and athleticism but lack power to move inside

JR Christian Jones: I actually think Jones can play guard, and maybe he will in the NFL one day. But putting him in with the swing guys does him a disservice as he’s probably the purest tackle prospect in the program.

RS FR Jaylen Garth: This exercise will underline the value Garth has as a pure tackle with uncommon athleticism. The staff is optimistic on his future but he’ll require much more development. Stay healthy, Jaylen.

Recruits who fit

2022 OT Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek: I see him as an upside left tackle, which is why he’s one of the five most important prospects in the class. Could he play guard? Sure, but that would be a miss and create a hole in the roster, assuming they sign him, of course.

2022 OT George Fitzpatrick, Cherry Creek (Englewood, CO): More of a grow‘em left tackle candidate versus the big bodies the staff prefers.

2022 OT Josh Conerly, Rainier Beach (Seattle, WA): Texas just made his top-12. Yay. It’ll be a difficult recruitment to win. Shades of DJ Humphries, one of my favorite high school o-linemen ever (he’s not on Humphries’ level, though).

SR Tope Imade: A month ago I would have scoffed at the notion Imade could play tackle but Flood asks him to keep it simple in pass pro. He’s hard to beat inside, he can’t be bull-rushed, so he just needs to not get beat by speed to the outside. His size plays in his favor there too.

SR Derek Kerstetter: He’s a hard guy to place neatly into a box. I still think his best position is center, at least when it comes to the NFL. He doesn’t have great length for tackle and lacks power for guard, or at least he did previously. His value is in his plug-and-play versatility.

RS FR Andrej Karic: Karic lacks length but does have compensatory traits: great technique, quick feet, and he’s a fighter. I could see him playing guard later in his career, especially after he develops more power and the staff signs more prototypical tackles.

SO Isaiah Hookfin: Based on high school tape you’d place the athletic Hookfin in the first box but he’s played both guard and tackle. He faded throughout spring ball and was passed by Imade at right tackle. The program needs Hookfin to maximize because he has genuine athletic and physical upside.

FR Hayden Conner: I see him more as a guard, but I also see Tope Imade running 2nd team right tackle. Conner is nearly as big and more athletic than Imade. He’s almost certainly a guard long term but this is where he fits given Flood’s size preferences.

Recruits who fit

2022 OL Devon Campbell, Arlington Bowie: Sort of like Tyler Johnson in that he has a guard body and that’s his best position, but he has long arms and is a great athlete.

2022 OL Kam Dewberry, Atascocita: Where as Campbell is a guard first, tackle second, Dewberry is the other way around. I could see him being a very good collegiate right tackle before a long NFL career at guard.

2022 OL Neto Umeozulu, Allen: I think he has the quickness to play right tackle, but I’m not sure he’ll ever be the best option in whatever program he ends up choosing. It’s very hard to see better guard options regardless of where he goes. Massive OG upside.

2022 OL Cameron Williams, Duncanville: He’s absolutely massive but given Kyle Flood’s past, I think Williams can stick at tackle if he takes weight management seriously.

3. Guys who have the power to play inside at guard but not the length to play outside

JR Junior Angilau: Angilau is large but not necessarily long-armed. Guard is perfect for him, especially given he’s not the greatest in pass pro but is aggressive in the run game.

SO Tyler Johnson: He’s athletic enough for tackle, but not technical enough and has a guard body. Johnson’s going to play a ton for the program, it’s just a matter of time. He’ll have a long NFL career at guard if he stays after it.

SR Denzel Okafor: Okafor’s return is probably the only thing keeping Tyler Johnson from starting. He had a strong spring and has plus length and athleticism for the position.

Recruits who fit

2022 OL Malik Agbo, Todd Beamer (Federal Way, WA): Awesome they named a high school after Todd Beamer. I don’t see this recruitment working in UT’s favor.

2022 OL Earnest Greene, St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA): Another recruitment I don’t see Texas factoring in, but the dear reader needed some examples.

2022 OL Cole Hutson, Frisco: If you brought out the measuring tape, he might have tackle length, but he also has a very wide “guard” build. He moves well within that build and UT would do quite well to land him.

4. Guys who have the power to play guard and the quickness and flexibility to play center

JR Rafiti Ghirmai: He’s improved at center over the years but he has Majors in front of him and a lot of bodies ahead of him at guard.

Recruits who fit

2022 OL Conner Robertson, Westlake: Good quickness and pop in his hips. I think he’s just what the staff wants in a center but the overlapping ability with guard-play is evident.

Ezra Oyatede in the previous cycle was an obvious fit here.

5. Guys who have the flexibility to play center but not enough power or length to play guard or tackle

SO Jake Majors: There’s nothing wrong with being center-specific, but when you take one you need to hit on him. Texas probably did with Majors after essentially ignoring the position since taking Zach Shackelford years ago.

RS FR Logan Parr: Like Majors, Parr is new to center, but the functional depth chart is thin at the position and he could become valuable down the road.

Recruits who fit

N/A

Michael Myslinski in the previous class fit here.

a) lol they just forgot Max Merrill

b) Still fucking that Ezra Oyetade-Dotson chicken. We get it, y'all liked him but no regional schools did.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Guys who can only play tackle who have length and athleticism but lack power to move inside

giphy.gif

(Mike Roach) Crystal Ballin: Like it, Love it, Leave it

Spoiler

Tavorus Jones, RB, El Paso Burges

Current Pick: Texas

I recently put in a pick for Jones following Nick Harris who has been able to develop a good relationship with the west Texas runner. Texas seems to be the overwhelming favorite, but the only thing keeping me from loving this pick is the continued pursuit of running back targets from the Texas staff. All signs point to Jones becoming a Longhorn this summer, but it does give pause that Texas just offered another in-state back. Still, I expect Jones to end up in the class if the Longhorns choose to push.

Brenen Thompson, WR, Spearman

Current Pick: Clemson

When Cade Klubnik committed to Clemson, there was a pretty strong feeling that Thompson could follow. In the last few months, Texas and Oklahoma State have been able to generate the most momentum for the Texas speedster. As the Longhorns continue to push for Thompson, I could be closer to entering a Texas pick following his visit to Austin this summer. As of now, I’ve lowered the confidence score for Clemson to a 1.

Bryce Anderson, S, Beaumont Westbrook

After visiting with Anderson during the spring, I still feel very confident about the job Blake Gideon and the Texas staff are doing to land one of the elite safety prospects in the country. Anderson does have a busy slate of visits upcoming, and things could change during that time. Still, with an unofficial set for June and an official likely for the fall, things are setting up nicely for Anderson and the Longhorns.

Evan Stewart, WR, Frisco Liberty

Try as I might, I don’t really have any reason to change my Texas pick for Evan Stewart. Perhaps that will change after visits take place this summer, but I don’t get the feeling any other school has been able to grab control of the race for the most dynamic wide receiver prospect in the country. His recent trip to Austin for the state track and field meet went well and he’s looking forward to seeing more of the city when he returns for a summer visit. In this recruitment, no news is good news for the moment.

Kelvin Banks, OL, Humble Summer Creek

Current Pick: Oklahoma State

The Oklahoma State pick for Banks was logged when he originally committed to the Cowboys. Though they are still a school in the mix for his services, it’s tough to say the Pokes remain in the lead for him. Visits are ultimately going to determine where this recruitment ends up, but Texas and Texas A&M seem to be the schools at the top while LSU is a school that represents a dangerous threat.

45 minutes ago, Machinator said:

(Mike Roach) Crystal Ballin: Like it, Love it, Leave it

Hide contents

Tavorus Jones, RB, El Paso Burges

I recently put in a pick for Jones following Nick Harris who has been able to develop a good relationship with the west Texas runner. Texas seems to be the overwhelming favorite, but the only thing keeping me from loving this pick is the continued pursuit of running back targets from the Texas staff. All signs point to Jones becoming a Longhorn this summer, but it does give pause that Texas just offered another in-state back. Still, I expect Jones to end up in the class if the Longhorns choose to push.

Brenen Thompson, WR, Spearman

Current Pick: Clemson

When Cade Klubnik committed to Clemson, there was a pretty strong feeling that Thompson could follow. In the last few months, Texas and Oklahoma State have been able to generate the most momentum for the Texas speedster. As the Longhorns continue to push for Thompson, I could be closer to entering a Texas pick following his visit to Austin this summer. As of now, I’ve lowered the confidence score for Clemson to a 1.

Bryce Anderson, S, Beaumont Westbrook

After visiting with Anderson during the spring, I still feel very confident about the job Blake Gideon and the Texas staff are doing to land one of the elite safety prospects in the country. Anderson does have a busy slate of visits upcoming, and things could change during that time. Still, with an unofficial set for June and an official likely for the fall, things are setting up nicely for Anderson and the Longhorns.

Evan Stewart, WR, Frisco Liberty

Try as I might, I don’t really have any reason to change my Texas pick for Evan Stewart. Perhaps that will change after visits take place this summer, but I don’t get the feeling any other school has been able to grab control of the race for the most dynamic wide receiver prospect in the country. His recent trip to Austin for the state track and field meet went well and he’s looking forward to seeing more of the city when he returns for a summer visit. In this recruitment, no news is good news for the moment.

The Oklahoma State pick for Banks was logged when he originally committed to the Cowboys. Though they are still a school in the mix for his services, it’s tough to say the Pokes remain in the lead for him. Visits are ultimately going to determine where this recruitment ends up, but Texas and Texas A&M seem to be the schools at the top while LSU is a school that represents a dangerous threat.

Roach is pretty hilarious.  Confidence level 1?

44 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Is he willing to put money on it? I'll put money on him being wrong.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Super K on Gatson

You can shoot for the big names but you don’t want to hold on so long that you miss guys like Boardingham or Gatson or whoever.

Does he not realize that Arlis Boardingham is the biggest name on the board?

Just now, futureman said:

I think you should read it again. 

I'm just referring to Roche keeping his pick on Oklahoma State for Banks. Banks will not go to OSU so why have him in a category that says "Leave it"? Roche needs some balls.

• Haha 1

A few random notes from other schools sites.. putting it all in this thread

- Bama might be a darkhorse (at least as much as they can be in a recruitment) for Abor. Blackshire is helping to recruit. He's typically thought to be a tOSU vs OU battle. Isn't planning to commit until his all american game; Bama tends to do well with late announcements
- Malaki Nelson and Arch Manning are the top tier 2023 QBs, with Holstein emerging as the #3, but Iamaleava (fantastic name) is emerging as a 4th name; he's an athletic 6'6 210 lb, and he's visiting Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Georgia in June, it'll be interesting to see who pushes
- Bama has a silent commit on defense based on a Golding tweet, but no one seems to know who it is
- LSU is making up ground on Shazz Preston, I guess which means they were previously lagging
- tOSU and OU mods both think their schools lead for Abor; tOSU mods are laughing at some of Drumm's predictions
- Ewers is visiting Ohio State the second weekend of June to along with the already known first weekend of June; the second trip with be with Samson

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Hank South when asked for his WR class prediction:

"If I was predicting now I'd say: Kevin Coleman, Omari Kelly, Barion Brown, and go out on a limb with dark horse name and just say Chris Marshall. We'll see on that one though. Long way to go. Lot of guys in the mix."

When asked for which WRs Bama is recruiting: "WR: Barion Brown, Kevin Coleman, Evan Stewart, Luther Burden, Omari Kelly, Kojo Antwi, Shazz Preston, etc..... Brenen Thompson in there too."

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Hank South when asked for his WR class prediction:

"If I was predicting now I'd say: Kevin Coleman, Omari Kelly, Barion Brown, and go out on a limb with dark horse name and just say Chris Marshall. We'll see on that one though. Long way to go. Lot of guys in the mix."

When asked for which WRs Bama is recruiting: "WR: Barion Brown, Kevin Coleman, Evan Stewart, Luther Burden, Omari Kelly, Kojo Antwi, Shazz Preston, etc..... Brenen Thompson in there too."

If you are Chris Marshall and you have the option of A&M or Bama as your final two and you pick A&M...you deserve 100% of what you get.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Fud said:

A few random notes from other schools sites.. putting it all in this thread

- Bama might be a darkhorse (at least as much as they can be in a recruitment) for Abor. Blackshire is helping to recruit. He's typically thought to be a tOSU vs OU battle. Isn't planning to commit until his all american game; Bama tends to do well with late announcements
- Malaki Nelson and Arch Manning are the top tier 2023 QBs, with Holstein emerging as the #3, but Iamaleava (fantastic name) is emerging as a 4th name; he's an athletic 6'6 210 lb, and he's visiting Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Georgia in June, it'll be interesting to see who pushes
- Bama has a silent commit on defense based on a Golding tweet, but no one seems to know who it is
- LSU is making up ground on Shazz Preston, I guess which means they were previously lagging
- tOSU and OU mods both think their schools lead for Abor; tOSU mods are laughing at some of Drumm's predictions
- Ewers is visiting Ohio State the second weekend of June to along with the already known first weekend of June; the second trip with be with Samson

Can someone please translate this.  Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Might as well throw in the towel.  Aggy getting errbody.  Is gibbs a supposed insider, or is that Imart?

10385871.png

Man, Weigman is getting absolutely fellated by the services if he's up to a five-star. He's good, don't get me wrong, but he's a small dual-threat.

My memory is a little fuzzy cuz it was a long time ago, but didnt Priest Holmes fuck up both his knees while on the 40? Even if it was just one, he went on to have a nice few years with the Chiefs.

7 hours ago, ousux said:
22 hours ago, stork642 said:

My memory is a little fuzzy cuz it was a long time ago, but didnt Priest Holmes fuck up both his knees while on the 40? Even if it was just one, he went on to have a nice few years with the Chiefs.

I was just one in college but I think he also had one in HS iirc. 

*went to check on wiki and damn folks we gotta get Priest’s page a new photo. Seriously? The only photo they could get is him walking to his car after going to get groceries?

5BDC2D96-41C6-4DAE-8A6F-E1227C9CCB87.jpeg

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting