Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

I was just one in college but I think he also had one in HS iirc. 

*went to check on wiki and damn folks we gotta get Priest’s page a new photo. Seriously? The only photo they could get is him walking to his car after going to get groceries?

5BDC2D96-41C6-4DAE-8A6F-E1227C9CCB87.jpeg

I should also update to page to note that he scored 27 fucking touchdowns for my fantasy team.

• Hook 'Em 1

I was just one in college but I think he also had one in HS iirc. 

*went to check on wiki and damn folks we gotta get Priest’s page a new photo. Seriously? The only photo they could get is him walking to his car after going to get groceries?

5BDC2D96-41C6-4DAE-8A6F-E1227C9CCB87.thumb.jpeg.5d818823a04bc4b625592492bdadb044.jpeg
It's still a badass picture. What's the deal?

2 hours ago, TexMexBuddha said:

It's still a badass picture. What's the deal? emoji869.png

19 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

No shit. He’s doing a post-shopping review of the grocery list, realizing his errors, and anticipating the Mrs. hanging a foot in his ass. This is my story too

Im not saying he looks bad, just maybe he needs a photo with him facing the camera… and maybe wearing a cowboy hat…you know, with 2 large breasted, bikini clad girls on either side… sitting in front of a brisket… on a jet ski…holding a bottle of Balcones Bourbon…jumping thru a ring of fire.

Maybe with a knife in his teeth but personally I feel that might be bit gauche

you know, a proper photo. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

IT

Spoiler

OL Devon Campbell, Arlington Bowie: While his visit schedule in June excludes Texas, there’s no worry about a lack of trip to Austin next month for the nation’s top offensive guard.

He’s likely going to take his official visit to Texas this fall, after taking numerous unofficials. He says he wants to commit at the Under Armour All-American game in January. If he sticks to that predetermined timetable, it shouldn’t be all that concerning. Texas continues to set the pace.

WR Brenen Thompson, Spearman: Fresh off a silver medal at the state track meet, Thompson now gets to focus on recruiting. After taking a tour of the Texas campus last week, Thompson now looks to schedule his trips for next month. Don’t be surprised if he makes it to Austin in an unofficial capacity in June. Texas loves Thompson and the feeling is becoming mutual.

DL Kristopher Ross, North Shore (TEXAS):

IT asked the five people if they believed Ross would sign with Texas. All five said they do, as of today. In speaking with Ross, a June visit to Oklahoma and/or TCU is possible. Oklahoma (Calvin Thibodeaux) has been talking with Ross more and more. For TCU, Gary Patterson got on the phone with Ross last week, and defensive line coach Zarnell Fitch has been pressing harder. Should TCU land Banks, that would up their sale and aggressiveness at North Shore. For now, the lone OV Ross has set is Texas June 18-20.

CB Denver Harris, North Shore:

The same five people were asked about where they believed Harris would sign … three said Alabama and two said Texas. All five acknowledge Harris’ recruitment could go either way, and that mom could very well be the deciding factor at the end of the day.

RB RECRUITING - The No. 2 spot

Texas has a handful of 2022 tailbacks its considering for the second take at the position in the class.

Here’s a quick glance at the big board and who could join Klein Cain’s Jaydon Blue:

Jamarion Miller, Tyler Legacy: Miller still talks to Texas regularly. If not Stan Drayton, it’s Brandon Harris, and vice versa. They continue to chip away for the four-star, but as of today, he still doesn’t have a visit scheduled to Austin.

TreVonte’ Citizen, Lake Charles College Prep (LA): The 6-foot, 217-pounder from Da Boot is a load. He’ll be in Austin on June 4th-6th for his official visit. Texas remains highly interested in the large running back who could be the thunder to Blue’s lightning. He’ll be a difficult pull for obvious reasons.

Tavorus Jones, El Paso Burges: Jones is still locked into his Austin official trip on June 18th-20th. If you’re looking for a guy who makes sense in this spot, it’s Jones. Texas continues to build a strong relationship with the west Texas tailback and appears to have separated from the pack.

DeAnthony Gatson, Newton: Gatson was offered this week after Texas kicked his tires for a while. The 5-foot-11, 215-pound tailback grew up loving the Longhorns, and will take an official visit on June 4th-6th. USC and Baylor will also get visits, but UT holds the cards today, if the staff pushes.

At the end of the day, Jones is probably the smartest pick to join the 2022 class but it’s not set in stone. Gatson probably meet needs better by complementing Blue. If he shows up with a favorable build, you could see the staff go all in.

15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

IT

Hide contents

OL Devon Campbell, Arlington Bowie: While his visit schedule in June excludes Texas, there’s no worry about a lack of trip to Austin next month for the nation’s top offensive guard.

He’s likely going to take his official visit to Texas this fall, after taking numerous unofficials. He says he wants to commit at the Under Armour All-American game in January. If he sticks to that predetermined timetable, it shouldn’t be all that concerning. Texas continues to set the pace.

WR Brenen Thompson, Spearman: Fresh off a silver medal at the state track meet, Thompson now gets to focus on recruiting. After taking a tour of the Texas campus last week, Thompson now looks to schedule his trips for next month. Don’t be surprised if he makes it to Austin in an unofficial capacity in June. Texas loves Thompson and the feeling is becoming mutual.

DL Kristopher Ross, North Shore (TEXAS):

IT asked the five people if they believed Ross would sign with Texas. All five said they do, as of today. In speaking with Ross, a June visit to Oklahoma and/or TCU is possible. Oklahoma (Calvin Thibodeaux) has been talking with Ross more and more. For TCU, Gary Patterson got on the phone with Ross last week, and defensive line coach Zarnell Fitch has been pressing harder. Should TCU land Banks, that would up their sale and aggressiveness at North Shore. For now, the lone OV Ross has set is Texas June 18-20.

CB Denver Harris, North Shore:

The same five people were asked about where they believed Harris would sign … three said Alabama and two said Texas. All five acknowledge Harris’ recruitment could go either way, and that mom could very well be the deciding factor at the end of the day.

RB RECRUITING - The No. 2 spot

Texas has a handful of 2022 tailbacks its considering for the second take at the position in the class.

Here’s a quick glance at the big board and who could join Klein Cain’s Jaydon Blue:

Jamarion Miller, Tyler Legacy: Miller still talks to Texas regularly. If not Stan Drayton, it’s Brandon Harris, and vice versa. They continue to chip away for the four-star, but as of today, he still doesn’t have a visit scheduled to Austin.

TreVonte’ Citizen, Lake Charles College Prep (LA): The 6-foot, 217-pounder from Da Boot is a load. He’ll be in Austin on June 4th-6th for his official visit. Texas remains highly interested in the large running back who could be the thunder to Blue’s lightning. He’ll be a difficult pull for obvious reasons.

Tavorus Jones, El Paso Burges: Jones is still locked into his Austin official trip on June 18th-20th. If you’re looking for a guy who makes sense in this spot, it’s Jones. Texas continues to build a strong relationship with the west Texas tailback and appears to have separated from the pack.

DeAnthony Gatson, Newton: Gatson was offered this week after Texas kicked his tires for a while. The 5-foot-11, 215-pound tailback grew up loving the Longhorns, and will take an official visit on June 4th-6th. USC and Baylor will also get visits, but UT holds the cards today, if the staff pushes.

At the end of the day, Jones is probably the smartest pick to join the 2022 class but it’s not set in stone. Gatson probably meet needs better by complementing Blue. If he shows up with a favorable build, you could see the staff go all in.

Ugh. I really don’t want to have a 5 star OL we have supposedly been the favorite for the entire process wait until January to commit. We’ve endured way too many missed on elite OL over the years. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Ugh. I really don’t want to have a 5 star OL we have supposedly been the favorite for the entire process wait until January to commit. We’ve endured way too many missed on elite OL over the years. 

If it’s pre-determined that was his plan then I don’t see a big deal. If it was deviations from said plan then I’d be concerned. 

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If it’s pre-determined that was his plan then I don’t see a big deal. If it was deviations from said plan then I’d be concerned. 

I’m not saying it changes our prospects of landing him. We just need to kill it with OL recruiting this cycle and waiting that long for one of the key pieces will be a pain. 

• Hook 'Em 1

aggy has never once had more than three 5* in a class, and that was back when Sumlin was doing jaeger bombs and Johnny was doing a line off Mike Evans' shaft during half time. I guess this is the year they really turn the progrum around. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

aggy has never once had more than three 5* in a class, and that was back when Sumlin was doing jaeger bombs and Johnny was doing a line off Mike Evans' shaft during half time. I guess this is the year they really turn the progrum around. 
So Brewster was right about the station being lit
  • Haha 2

On 5/12/2021 at 8:03 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Might as well throw in the towel.  Aggy getting errbody.  Is gibbs a supposed insider, or is that Imart?

10385871.png

Weigman is a 5-star?  OK, I forget, the aggy definition of a 5-star is "anyone who signs with us."

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Fucking hell, I watched two of his playoff games, and he looked like a little kid running around out there.  

I went to the game that they played Heath and he played like shit. Heaths defense was terrible all year and gave up 72 to Southlake so idk how he is so highly rated. 

Just from reading 11 Warriors (a much better source than awful Bucknuts 247) it seems like Ohio St now wants four receivers this year. They'll add Kaleb Brown but it's a bit up in the air after him. They're out of it for Kojo Antwi and seemingly don't really want CJ Williams. I fully expect them to take Landon Samson to keep Ewers satisfied as mentioned a few pages back. It's funny that they're already hyping him up to be Hunter Renfrow just because he's white.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, George Clooney said:

Just from reading 11 Warriors (a much better source than awful Bucknuts 247) it seems like Ohio St now wants four receivers this year. They'll add Kaleb Brown but it's a bit up in the air after him. They're out of it for Kojo Antwi and seemingly don't really want CJ Williams. I fully expect them to take Landon Samson to keep Ewers satisfied as mentioned a few pages back. It's funny that they're already hyping him up to be Hunter Renfrow just because he's white.

If OSU takes him, he will magically become a 4-star like the Lake Travis QB a few years back.

13 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Texags doesn't even have Weigman as a 5-star and Billy has him 15th in the state:

https://texags.com/football-recruiting/liucci-44

i haven't looked at the Looch 44 in a long time.

His top 3 in state:

• Harold Perkins
  • Malick Sylla
  • Quinn Ewers

Now, I get how you can look at Herold Perkins and say that his ceiling is super high and up there with Ewers but Sylla over Evers?

also, because it's Looch he always has to have a guy hilariously low ranked going to Texas. Looks like this year it is Jaydon Blue - #31 OVERALL in 247 ranking, #48 OVERALL in composite and #20 in Texas per Looch.

in what is a strange move, he also has Neto Umeozulu at #9 in the state (247 has him at #48 in the state, and composite has him at #29) - ahead of Devon Campbell

(Mike Roach) The Stampede: How to pitch defensive prospects on Texas board

Spoiler

Everything matters in recruiting.

Relationships matter, facilities matter, winning matters and the sales pitch very much matters. Like anything sales-related, the presentation can play a big role in winning or losing.

Inspired by a Horns247 subscriber's suggestion, I decided to look into what pitches could resonate with certain recruits. While one player may need to be pitched on playing time, another may need to be sold on fit.

Last week, I talked about how to pitch several offensive prospects on the Texas board. This week, I turn my attention to the defense with five of the most important prospects for Texas.

In this week's edition of The Stampede, Horns247's weekly gathering of recruiting intel, I give my opinion on which pitches could work for certain recruits and why.

Derrick Brown, DE, Texarkana Texas High

The Player: Brown’s still developing frame and explosive skillset has multiple programs excited about his potential. A four-star prospect, Brown holds 26 offers from programs such as Baylor, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Arizona State, Arkansas, Penn State, TCU and Utah. At 6-foot-4, 210 pounds, Brown is ranked as the No. 16 weak-side defensive end in the nation and No. 46 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

The Pitch: Intel from east Texas tells us that the Longhorns are doing a great job pitching the football side of things for Brown.

Pete Kwiatkowski and Jeff Choate are both working to sell Brown on his future as an edge rusher with NFL potential. The Longhorns have been trying to make up ground on the relationship side where schools like Texas A&M and Oklahoma had a head start. The Longhorns will be able to pitch the fit in Kwiatkowski’s defense as Brown could play a starring role in a scheme designed for a player like him up front. Chris Gilbert and Blake Gideon have both been involved on the relationship-building side and selling a small-town kid on fitting into a city like Austin can be a challenge depending on the kid. One other button to push is Brown’s life after football. He wants to major in kinesiology and become a coach at the next level. While that isn’t a specialized field of study for Texas, surrounding him on his visit with resources who can pitch professional development as a coach could be a big hit.

Omari Abor, DE, Duncanville

The Player: Likely the top defensive end prospect in the state, Abor is one of the most important players on the Texas board. A five-star prospect, Abor holds 25 offers from programs such as Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Georgia, TCU, USC and Washington. At 6-foot-4, 220 pounds, Abor is ranked as the No. 2 strong-side defensive end in the nation and No. 5 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

The Pitch: The Longhorns need to do everything they can in this race to make up ground as Abor looks to separate the schools in his top group and the Longhorns trail near the end of the pack.

Abor hasn’t formally named any leaders, but the best intel says that Oklahoma and Ohio State are out in front for the south Dallas pass rusher. Texas will have to combat a few different factors and pull off a minor miracle, but Abor is more than worth the try. Texas can certainly pitch the edge rusher fit and Kwiatkowski’s history of NFL development, but the other schools he’s considering is can match that. The Longhorns will have to figure out a way to distinguish themselves and make Texas the attractive pick. First year coaches will always have to sell change and a prospect being the centerpiece of that change. Chris Gilbert’s involvement helps since Lancaster is a familiar area and Gilbert grew up in the same area. Abor doesn’t watch much football, but he plans to really start paying attention this year so scheme fit will be the biggest factor. If Texas can have a strong fall and show some NFL production, they could work their way into the picture when he makes his decision at the Under Armour All-American Game.

Niuafe Tuihalamaka, LB, Mission Hills (Calif.) Bishop Alemany

The Player: A former USC commit, Tuihalamaka will take a summer tour of visits to see a group of schools standing out to him. A four-star prospect, Tuihalamaka holds 20 offers from programs such as Notre Dame, Arizona State, Oregon, Stanford, Florida, LSU, Michigan and Penn State. At 6-foot-1.5, 238 pounds, Tuihalamaka is ranked as the No. 3 inside linebacker in the country and No. 9 overall prospect in California, according to 247Sports Composite.

The Pitch: Texas will have some advantage when Tuihalamaka makes his visit on June 18.

The Longhorns will host their biggest group of prospects that weekend with most of their commits in attendance, including fellow west coast prospect and 7v7 teammate Maalik Murphy. Last week I talked about how Texas could sell C.J. Williams on giving him just about everything Notre Dame could but with better weather and a city that is more similar to southern California. The same could be said about Tuihalamaka who appears to have the Irish on top at the moment. Relationships are the most important factor for Tuihalamaka, and he’s said on numerous occasions that whoever can build the best relationship with him and his family will likely win out. Steve Sarkisian has been big on relationships since he arrived, and Jeff Choate is emerging as a guy with favorable reviews as a recruiter. Involving relationship builders like Jake Langi who understands Tuihalamaka’s cultural background could help as well. I believe he’s sold on the football part right now, and relationships will drive this recruitment home.

Sebastian Cheeks, LB, Evanston (IL.) Township

The Player: A Midwest linebacker with great production, Cheeks is a player Texas loves on the board. A four-star prospect, Cheeks holds 26 offers from programs such as North Carolina, Michigan, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Oregon and Stanford. At 6-foot-3, 210 pounds, Cheeks is ranked as the No. 9 outside linebacker in the nation and No. 4 overall prospect in Illinois, according to 247Sports Composite.

The Pitch: There is certainly playing time available at the outside linebacker position and Texas will have to overcome Midwest powers Michigan and Notre Dame to win Cheeks over.

Michigan could be ripe for the picking with Jim Harbaugh’s seat heating up and an unstable environment in Ann Arbor. Notre Dame would be the tougher opponent as the Irish offer just about everything Cheeks is looking for. Still, Jeff Choate has been doing a fantastic job getting through to Cheeks and sources I speak with say Texas is in the best position to pounce if he chooses to leave his home region. Playing time will be the primary pitch, but crafting something around a message that preaches taking the road less traveled and leaving home to become a key part of a resurgence at Texas. One other strategy I might employ is getting Cheeks in contact with transfer linebacker/defensive end Ovie Oghoufo who comes from the same area and can talk about the experience of being at Notre Dame and choosing to transfer to Texas.

Robby Snelling, LB, Reno (NV.) McQueen

The Player: Snelling is a dual-sport star who is also a talented baseball prospect. A four-star linebacker, Snelling holds 23 offers from programs such as Stanford, UCLA, Arizona State, Auburn, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oregon and Penn State. At 6-foot-3, 200 pounds, Snelling is ranked as the No. 21 outside linebacker in the nation and No. 8 overall prospect in Nevada, according to 247Sports Composite.

The Pitch: Texas is using the connections Jeff Choate and Pete Kwiatkowski have out west to expand into territories they haven’t been able to reach in the past.

Snelling would be a great addition to the program and could end up helping the Longhorns on two fronts. With the Texas baseball program now involved in his recruitment, showing Snelling the path to success on the field and diamond will be the most important factor at the moment. UCLA, Stanford, Oregon and Arizona are other schools involved, but no program can pitch the history of success on the baseball front and the opportunity for early playing time on the football field that the Longhorns can. This could be as simple as putting together a great visit and showing Snelling something different than he’s seen out west.

Terrance Brooks, CB, Plano John Paul

The Player: One of the top players in the country, Brooks is narrowing down his field and is closer to a decision. A four-star prospect, Brooks holds nearly 40 offers with Alabama, Florida, Oregon, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, Auburn, Clemson, LSU and Oklahoma all vying for his services. At 5-foot-11, 190 pounds, Brooks is ranked as the No. 10 cornerback in the country and No. 16 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

The Pitch: Brooks stated in the past that playing time, a relationship with the coaches and a good education. Our intel at the moment has Texas and Alabama at the top for Brooks heading into visit season, and the Longhorns have quite a bit to offer. With D’Shawn Jamison and Josh Thompson closing in on the end of their college careers, there will be plenty of playing time up for grabs in the next few years. While Alabama is always tough to beat, Terry Joseph has a great relationship with Brooks going back to his time recruiting him at Notre Dame. The Longhorns must also be cognizant of Texas A&M. There are too many family links to the Aggies to ignore at the moment. Though I was told that the Longhorns and Crimson Tide are the chief competitors, the Aggies will pose a threat.

IT

Spoiler

By: Eric, Gerry, and Justin

Quick notes on wide receiver recruiting:

WR Brenen Thompson, Spearman (Spearman, TX) - 2022: The speedster is a major priority for the staff but his process has a long way to go. Per a source close to him, Thompson will be in Austin for the big June 18th-20th weekend, though it will be an unofficial visit. From Austin, he’ll go to College Station to visit A&M from the 21st to the 23rd for another unofficial visit. At this time, Texas is in line for an in-season official visit. Clemson will receive an official visit. Alabama will likely receive its official visit on November 6th when LSU rolls into Tuscaloosa.

WR Jordan Hudson, Garland (Garland, TX) - 2022: Texas is still all-in on the Oklahoma commitment but doesn’t have an official visit set up yet. Per IT sources, Hudson is open to taking officials. Gerry Hamilton should have more on Hudson today or tomorrow.

In-depth on OLB and TE recruiting:

ATH Anthony Jones, Liberty (Las Vegas, NV) - 2022: The 6-foot-5, 240 pound athlete is one of the more interesting players on the Texas board.

Here are notes from Inside Texas‘ conversation with Jones on Sunday:

— Plays for the defending state champion Liberty High School. Liberty is a growing factory and upset national power Bishop Gorman in overtime in 2019. Due to Covid there was no 2020 football season.

— His tape shows all the stuff you can’t teach — length, coordination, change of direction — while lacking the easiest thing to add: strength. “I played my sophomore year at 190 pounds. Since then I’ve grown into my body and am 240 pounds. I should be headed for a big senior year.” Indeed, if he keeps his movement skills with the new weight and power he’s a certifiable steal.

—Jones has been committed to a college before. On why he committed to Washington last November. “When I first came to Liberty, I knew Washington had a pipeline. Just getting the contact with the coaches I was getting, I was talking with them a lot. They were early to build the relationship.” Jones felt he rushed into his commitment and de-committed in February. He doesn’t talk to Washington much anymore.

— Schools he talks to the most. “Definitely Texas, Oregon, USC, Arizona, and Miami.”

— His visit schedule: “Miami the first week of June, then Texas the next week. I’ll probably go to USC on the 18th but it’s not set up yet.”

— Miami’s offer is for tight end. He talks to both Pete Kwiatkowski and Jeff Banks at Texas, so his offer isn’t for a specific position.

— What he likes about the Texas coaches: “I know a lot about Coach Sark since he came on the staff. He hired a lot coaches with experience like Pete Kwiatkowski and Jeff Banks. There’s a lot of experience and they know what they’re doing.”

— Texas official visit: “Just getting out there and meeting the coaching staff and getting a feel for the city. I had a virtual visit the day they offered but I’m looking forward to seeing it in person. I’m looking forward to meeting the staff, seeing the stadium.”

— Timeline: “I haven’t thought much about it but I know I’ll probably have a decision before my senior year is over so I can focus on enrolling early.“

— Of note: His cousin is former USC Trojan and Current LA Ram Robert Woods. He wants to study business or communications.

Texas is going to take a tight end in the class, but Jones is probably best served at Jack OLB. If you’re looking for a TE, it might be this guy...

ATH Arlis Boardingham, Birmingham (Van Nuys, CA) - 2022: Boardingham recently released Hudl clips from his spring season and his athleticism definitely shows. More importantly, his level of comfort on one side of the ball contrasted to the other makes his future position abundantly clear.

— Looking more comfortable at tight end, is that the preference? “Yes, I definitely like tight end. I’ve got offers for offense and defense. My last offer from Washington came for defense, outside linebacker.”

— Is playing defense a deal-breaker? “I do believe I’m leaning towards playing tight end but I’m not ruling anything out.” His Texas offer is for tight end.

— “I talk or text with Coach Jeff Banks every couple of weeks. I have hopped on some Zoom calls with Coach Sarkisian and my mother.” Sarkisian is making the obvious pitch and comparing Boardingham to Jahleel Billingsley at Bama. (Boardingham is that level of athlete)

— Are there any Texas ties? “De’Gabriel Floyd is my godbrother. We grew up together for the longest time. We call each other cousins. He hasn’t told me much. He said you have to go see it for yourself. You have to have that feeling of home. I want to take an official visit for that reason.”

— Official visits: “I have Arizona State on the 18th and Texas on the 25th. ASU offered at tight end.”

— Any athletes in the family? “My sister (Naiah) recently won the Big West conference for Cal State Fullerton in the long jump (20’10.5”) and she took second in the 100.“

— Boardingham’s recent track results include a very impressive 22’3” long jump and a self-reported 11.33 100 meter time at 6-foot-5, 236 pounds.

— Schools who have yet to offer but he’s talking to: “Recently I’ve heard from UCLA, Georgia, and Yale.”

— Dream school: “My dream school was probably USC, mainly because my grandfather was a UCLA fan and I wanted to be opposite of him.”

— He has no timeline to make a decision and he’s still unsure whether or not he’ll enroll early, but “probably not.”

— Of note: He wants to study business. He hasn’t investigated McCombs much but he’s aware of its reputation.

LB Sebastian Cheeks, Evanston Township (Evanston, IL) - 2022: Texas continues to push for the Chicago area linebacker, who is set to see Austin in June.

At 6-foot-3, 220 pounds, the four-star linebacker holds 26 offers including Notre Dame, Michigan, North Carolina, and Michigan State.

While most have him pegged for the Midwest, there’s a sense he’s open and wants to see what’s happening west of the Mississippi.

Cheeks tells IT he speaks frequently with Jeff Choate and Pete Kwiatkowski. They see him as a Will inside linebacker.

His skills on the track would seem to translate to the gridiron. Cheeks runs the hurdles, with a 14.36 PR in the 110.

He has officials set in June. He’s hitting UNC on June 4th-6th. He’ll be in the ATX on June 11th-13th. He’ll also see Notre Dame on June 18th-20th.

After that he wants to sit down and assess his options. Texas is in the mix here, and an official trip to UT should tell us more of the Horns chances.

For now, the staff needs to hang around the rim. Cheeks likes Notre Dame quite a bit, but the Domers have taken a lot of players at his position.

OL Cameron Williams, Duncanville (Duncanville, TX) - 2022: IT spoke with a source close to Duncanville offensive lineman Cam Williams over the weekend. For those wondering, the 6-foot-5, 370-pounder is legitimately considering the Longhorns. This isn't too little, too late according to the source. Williams has gone back and forth with Oklahoma as the heavy favorite, but now talks more about Oregon and Texas as serious contenders.

Williams’ official visit schedule is Oregon June 4-6, Miami June 10-12, Oklahoma June 18-20 and Texas June 25-27. If IT was putting those in order of best chance to win out it would read: Oklahoma, Texas, Oregon and Miami. Ohio State is the wildcard if the Buckeyes decided to make a push.

DE Omari Abor, Duncanville (Duncanville, TX) - 2022: Texas continues to recruit Omari Abor, but for now the Longhorns are way behind Ohio State, Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU and now Texas A&M after the Aggies hosted Abor for their spring game. Abor's official visit schedule is Ohio State June 4-6, LSU June 11-13, and Alabama June 25-27. Oklahoma’s official visit should be set up soon, leaving Abor with one more.

K Blake Ford, Lamar (Arlington, TX) - 2022: Texas wants a kicker for the class and Ford remains a strong opportunity. Known as Big Foot, the 6-foot-1, 210-pound specialist received his Adidas All-American Game ticket over the weekend.

Ford is still hearing from a number of schools, including Texas, where he tells IT he’ll visit in June. He wants to kick in the front of the staff and will hit an on-campus camp next month to do so.

He speaks with Jeff Banks often and really loves the direction of UT’s class.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting