Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Was recently attending a meeting at commercial business park. Buried in one of the small buildings in the back was ""New Life Christian Church" which was only on the main building sign, not on the windows or as a stand-alone. I was curious, so I researched them. No google listing, no website, no facebook page, etc. Sketchy af. 

These are the types of churches that came to my mind when the comment was originally made. But then I got to wondering how many of these are even counted in the chart NoName posted. They're sketchy AF, seem to pop up out of nowhere, move around from abandoned buildings and strip mall locations regularly, and they don't seem to have much of, if any, congregation judging by cars in the parking lots on Sunday. I'd be willing to bet a significant majority of those types of "churches" are fronts for something else.

9 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Do some people question why my church only provides relief to underprivileged adolescents who are at least 6’4” and run a 4.5 in the forty? Yeah, they do.  But that’s because they are godless heathens who will burn in hell with all the other dweebs and geeks.

8FA84E0E-5FFE-4972-8002-63A6F7EEF3E4.jpeg.56271b183affdbb588ceab1cb80af026.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Do some people question why my church only provides relief to underprivileged adolescents who are at least 6’4” and run a 4.5 in the forty? Yeah, they do.  But that’s because they are godless heathens who will burn in hell with all the other dweebs and geeks.

Amen. Pass the collection plate Matt. 

Looking at all the OV's scheduled this month it looks Anderson and Banks are really the only two head-to-heads we're going up against aggy for.  Throw in Bama' on the Anderaon recruitment.  

Then you have a bunch of guys that we kinda know where they may be leaning like Hutson, Dewberry, and Harris.

52 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looking at all the OV's scheduled this month it looks Anderson and Banks are really the only two head-to-heads we're going up against aggy for.  Throw in Bama' on the Anderaon recruitment.  

Then you have a bunch of guys that we kinda know where they may be leaning like Hutson, Dewberry, and Harris.

Sweet baby Jesus I hope I’m wrong but Banks is starting to feel like one of those recruitments where our $9.95ers tell us nothing but Texas leads for months on end and then he commits somewhere else “out of the blue”. 

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

My buddy started his own church with a group of people in a middle school auditorium or cafeteria after breaking away from a huge congregation. Of course, he's a financial advisor so we all just 100% just assume he is laundering money. When they move on to their own piece of property and put in the Starbucks-esque coffee shop we'll all know he finally got that cartel money rolling. 

Church coffee shop = Holy Grounds ?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CashMcCoy said:

I don’t have a sub, but I guess the Fong just said Harold Perkins is visiting us this weekend

He did. USC OV is canceled. Also said he would be taking an OV in the fall. 
This and the Bear visit give me good feelings that we’re at least playing the game.

• Hook 'Em 4

Roach

Spoiler

— I spoke to a Midwest source about Sebastian Cheeks prior to his Texas visit. It can't be understated how pivotal this weekend is for Texas when it comes to their chances of landing Cheeks. I've reported prior that Notre Dame seems to be going in another direction and Michigan has fumbled the recruitment a bit. Cheeks visited North Carolina last week and the Tar Heels made a major move. In fact, I'd say they are the biggest obstacle for Texas at the moment. That said, I was told that Texas still sits at the top going into the weekend and Jeff Choate will do everything he can to close the deal. With Cheeks set to decided in a few weeks, he has not yet scheduled a Michigan official either. Texas has the chance to emerge from this weekend with a big lead in the race.

— Speaking of Chris Gilbert, I heard rave reviews today from the Texarkana Pleasant Grove coaching staff who stopped by the facility. That staff is in Austin to watch the Hawks in the state baseball tournament, and the staff invited them by. Several coaches in the group including head coach Josh Gibson raved about the experience with both Gilbert and Steve Sarkisian. Sarkisian actually reached out to Gibson a few weeks ago via phone to chat and it went a long way with him. There were times where I thought the prior staff had done some things to rub the PG crew the wrong way and this staff was able to get off to a great start with them.

Edited by Machinator

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

If you're too dense to put him on ignore, that's your thing. Nonetheless, the rest of us don't need to read that idiot's trolling garbage. The next time you quote him, you're getting negged and hopefully a bunch.

your little napoleon shit is humorous. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting