Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

53 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png.4d6ee28c89c38ca44aef3fb5b99c6e04.png

This kid is kind of annoying and the epitome of Aggie small dick syndrome.

It’s weird because his target audience is Aggy. It can’t be other recruits, cause he would just communicate with them directly. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Well, there are at least two of us. It’s a top 30 book I’ve ever read, I think. Always heard the show was great. Ain’t nobody got time for 10 hours of binging cattle drives though. 

I finally binged it about two months ago, but your point is correct.  The series was fucking terrific, though.

45 minutes ago, LOHorn said:

It’s weird because his target audience is Aggy. It can’t be other recruits, cause he would just communicate with them directly. 

Gotta pander to your audience to increase that NIL value. He’s gonna have every insurance salesman in the northern Houston exurbs lining up to sponsor him. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Gerry said the two silents are in the ‘22 class

So what's our alleged silent count now? We supposedly had two or three before June (Banks and Bryce, who may not be considered silents anymore). After last weekend there were tweets indicating 3 silents (not sure if that meant 3 more, or 3 total, and K Robinson may have been one). Now two new ones.

So excluding Banks and Bryce, I'm thinking 4? My best guess would be D Brown, Hutson, Cheeks, and idk (Patton?)

13 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

So what's our alleged silent count now? We supposedly had two or three before June (Banks and Bryce, who may not be considered silents anymore). After last weekend there were tweets indicating 3 silents (not sure if that meant 3 more, or 3 total, and K Robinson may have been one). Now two new ones.

So excluding Banks and Bryce, I'm thinking 4? My best guess would be D Brown, Hutson, Cheeks, and idk (Patton?)

Two silents, both '22s. Jones is a public commit.

Roach

Spoiler

— I was ready to put in a 247Sports Crystal Ball projection for Texas on Las Vegas (NV.) Liberty ATH Anthony Jones based off what I heard and what I saw while he interacted with others on the visit today, but Jones had other plans. In reality, this had been in the works for a bit. While Jones continued to tell others that he wanted to play tight end, I was told Jones actually committed a few weeks ago. What a sell job by PK on this one who convinced Jones to play on defense for the second time. Jones was previously committed to Washington under Pete Kwiatkowski and now he's committed to him once again.

— As for his skillset, I think he's the type of athlete you want chasing quarterbacks for a living. His athleticism is at much more of a premium on the defensive side of the ball, and Kwiatkowski has proven on a few occasions that he can develop that type of body. In watching his film, I love his ability to take on blocks at the point of attack or use his athleticism to evade them completely. These are the types of long, athletic bodies Texas lacks on the edge, and they have a guy with a history of development in place to cultivate it.

— I'm not sure the fun is done from this weekend as it sounds like two other guys might have given commitments. Of course, we are chasing those stories down and we won't ever spoil a moment, but I'm not sure anything will come immediately. While those players might wait a bit to give an announcement, it's safe to say the buzz from this weekend so far is on track. Speaking of the buzz, I had somewhat forgotten how much the energy of a big visit weekend radiates in Austin. It was palpable today as parents and coaches who were on the trip raved about the entire experience. I'll go into more detail on that in The Stampede.

—I was told things are going well with Sebastian Cheeks. The four-star linebacker was said to be enjoying the vibes of Austin. Cheeks is scheduled for an official trip to Notre Dame next week and will take an unofficial to Michigan, but it sounds like Texas is impressing him so far.

• Hook 'Em 1

Maybe they have mini fish camps on aggy visits? He will make a good texaggy poster when his playing days are done, might even do a little fan fiction "couldnt find the stadium but every aggy in collie station helped me" write ups after games.

15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

— I was ready to put in a 247Sports Crystal Ball projection for Texas on Las Vegas (NV.) Liberty ATH Anthony Jones based off what I heard and what I saw while he interacted with others on the visit today, but Jones had other plans. In reality, this had been in the works for a bit. While Jones continued to tell others that he wanted to play tight end, I was told Jones actually committed a few weeks ago. What a sell job by PK on this one who convinced Jones to play on defense for the second time. Jones was previously committed to Washington under Pete Kwiatkowski and now he's committed to him once again.

Roach sounds like an ill-informed dipshit

17 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Roach

Hide contents

— I

— I'm not sure the fun is done from this weekend as it sounds like two other guys might have given commitments. Of course, we are chasing those stories down and we won't ever spoil a moment, but I'm not sure anything will come immediately.

—I was told things are going well with Sebastian Cheeks. The four-star linebacker was said to be enjoying the vibes of Austin. Cheeks is scheduled for an official trip to Notre Dame next week and will take an unofficial to Michigan, but it sounds like Texas is impressing him so far.

From the way that reads, it sounds like the 2 silents are not Cheeks. But reading into Roach's musings is a fools game.

19 minutes ago, Bevo said:

From the way that reads, it sounds like the 2 silents are not Cheeks. But reading into Roach's musings is a fools game.

Agree with all that. It also sounds like they are two fresh silents, not counting any previous ones that are still unannounced 

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Roach

Hide contents

— I was ready to put in a 247Sports Crystal Ball projection for Texas on Las Vegas (NV.) Liberty ATH Anthony Jones based off what I heard and what I saw while he interacted with others on the visit today, but Jones had other plans. In reality, this had been in the works for a bit.

"Exactly! If I hadn't known it all along, I never would have guessed it!" --Captain Klutz Roach

I mean literally everyone in the $9.95-cosm was blindsided by this, and now you're gonna sell me that you knew it was coming? 

Very Funny Lol GIF

Now pull the other one, Mike.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, quigley said:

Sexton would be a swing from OU lean to UT in the span of a month.

He and Iuli (and his bro Agbo) all seemed to be frustrated by the OUs desire to slow everything down and push visits to the season. I think Alabama moving in just as OU was attempting to slow things down was probably a big factor. I also think he is one of the players rumored to have concerns about Bennie Wylie. I read that Lehman and Ikard piled on Bennie pretty hard on the podcast/radio. Not sure why it’s taken so long for them to figure out he’s a problem. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

He and Iuli (and his bro Agbo) all seemed to be frustrated by the OUs desire to slow everything down and push visits to the season. I think Alabama moving in just as OU was attempting to slow things down was probably a big factor. I also think he is one of the players rumored to have concerns about Bennie Wylie. I read that Lehman and Ikard piled on Bennie pretty hard on the podcast/radio. Not sure why it’s taken so long for them to figure out he’s a problem. 

Oh. So he’s like a nephew of yours or an estranged son you had with some toothlessly alluring okie once upon a time. Noted. Well reconnect and let’s get your boy on board! We’re waiting. 

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Gotta pander to your audience to increase that NIL value. He’s gonna have every insurance salesman in the northern Houston exurbs lining up to sponsor him. 

Not to mention everyone at Sewell

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh. So he’s like a nephew of yours or an estranged son you had with some toothlessly alluring okie once upon a time. Noted. Well reconnect and let’s get your boy on board! We’re waiting. 

That must take a lot of meth to find alluring.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

30 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Hmmm...strategy to delay visits until the season may be to try to blunt the momentum from new coach-UT by having visits after another Sooner victory in Dallas. I wonder if their trying to push visits until a possible top 10 match up on Nov 20 in Norman vs Iowa St. Just a hypothesis.

20 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

That must take a lot of meth to find alluring.

Maybe she could suck start a lawnmower. Who knows. Listen, we don’t need this thread to devolve entirely into what would be a dark and disturbing examination of golfclap’s kinks. I already know more than I need to about Stan drayton. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, quigley said:

Hmmm...strategy to delay visits until the season may be to try to blunt the momentum from new coach-UT by having visits after another Sooner victory in Dallas. I wonder if their trying to push visits until a possible top 10 match up on Nov 20 in Norman vs Iowa St. Just a hypothesis.

That's a dangerous game with early signing being on 12/15.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, quigley said:

7 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

That's a dangerous game with early signing being on 12/15.

Especially dangerous if we win in Dallas. We would get err'body.

51 minutes ago, quigley said:

I think it was for the Nebraska game on the 18th. 

14 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I think it was for the Nebraska game on the 18th.

From my end, this is all conjecture.

The Nebraska game, because of the 11AM start, is now less attractive. Only local/regional players will be able to make it comfortably for the game. Kids coming from the East or West Coast players who play on Friday night will have to take a red eye to Dallas and catch a connector to OKC in the morning. What a whip.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I may be wrong, but I don't see the staff taking Gatson at this point with Jones coming in next week and possibly Miller still visiting.  

Looks like he tweeted that from his USC OV, so maybe they pushed for a commitment.

yeah that's what im thinking too

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting