Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

So, errybody gonna have their own clothing line?  I honestly thought this would end up being about autographs and appearances at car dealerships.

Correct. After watching the Running of the Gumps, Bama players will remain the highest paid in college football. Even after NLI. 

6 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Please go whine about the players taking advantage of the NIL somewhere else. 

Who the fuck is complaining? We are celebrating, because it means we no longer have to worry about Georgia straight up buying recruits, while we stand around holding ours puds and trying to maintain a clean program.

Instead, we are able to exploit all of the advantages of UT by offering a legal avenue to larger paydays than any other school can offer.

Edited by Hornlover
  • Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Who the fuck is complaining? We are celebrating, because it means we no longer have to worry about Georgia straight up buying recruits, while we stand around holding ours puds and trying to maintain a clean program.

Instead, we are able to exploit all of the advantages of UT by offering a legal avenue to larger paydays than any other school can offer.

This is false.  

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

That paying for recruits is is going to go away and NIL will level the playing field. Schools will be doing both and thinking otherwise is brain dead stupid. 

If Georgia offers a kid $80k under the table, and the Texas administration won't let boosters match the offer, then the boosters can just decide to offer them $80k in  legit money . How does this not level the playing field? 

The middlemen (uncles, trainers, etc.) will still try to get their cut, but hopefully the schools will be able to tell them to fuck right off since there won't be any more need to launder the money. 

1 minute ago, Hornlover said:

If Georgia offers a kid $80k under the table, and the Texas administration won't let boosters match the offer, then the boosters can just decide to offer them $80k in  legit money . How does this not level the playing field? 

The middlemen (uncles, trainers, etc.) will still try to get their cut, but hopefully the schools will be able to tell them to fuck right off since there won't be any more need to launder the money. 

Why would the kid take 80k just from Texas NIL when they could take 80k under the table and 80k NIL from Georgia. Last I checked 160k > 80k, using your hypothetical number ofc. 

you’re naive if you think this will make the middle man/trainers/etc go away. AAU out front should have told ya. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Hornlover said:

Taxes???

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Why would the kid take 80k just from Texas NIL when they could take 80k under the table and 80k NIL from Georgia. Last I checked 160k > 80k, using your hypothetical number ofc. 

Then you obviously increase your offer to $160k. You don't think we'll be beholden to the SEC unwritten rules of a max over the table offer, do you? 

• Hook 'Em 1

So, errybody gonna have their own clothing line?  I honestly thought this would end up being about autographs and appearances at car dealerships.
Probably start YT channels with a merch store..who knows. Seems like the wild west days of the internet in the early 2k's.

1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Please go whine about the players taking advantage of the NIL somewhere else. 

I think the majority in here are fully supportive of the changes. We also know some young men will make fools of themselves in the process, and I’m completely on board with making fun of them when they do. 

4 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, Machinator said:
image.thumb.png.de2562842f111481ddb9430faf2381cf.png

Kix is either a shitty 80's hairband or sugary breakfast cereal I was prohibited from eating as a kid, can't remember. Either way, Bray might want to look into that before getting too attached to the name.

“Kids like Kix for what Kix has got,

Moms like Kix for what Kix has not.”

Stupid shit my brain remembers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

“Kids like Kix for what Kix has got,
Moms like Kix for what Kix has not.”
Stupid shit my brain remembers.
Ahh, so it is cereal..yeah. May have the band name wrong

*fuck all of you in advance, I cant be arsed to google this late at night

37 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, Machinator said:
image.thumb.png.de2562842f111481ddb9430faf2381cf.png

Kix is either a shitty 80's hairband or sugary breakfast cereal I was prohibited from eating as a kid, can't remember. Either way, Bray might want to look into that before getting too attached to the name.

I hate to break it to you, but Kix cereal is not/was not sugary at all. It has no taste. My mom brought it home once and we were pissed. Your parents lied to you. 

And you’re probably adopted. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I hate to break it to you, but Kix cereal is not/was not sugary at all. It has no taste. My mom brought it home once and we were pissed. Your parents lied to you. 

And you’re probably adopted. 

You and CTJ should start a “forced to each shitty cereal as a kid” support group.

5 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Having a bag game has zero to do with the administration. They should have plausible deniability. There is no “won’t let them match.” Our boosters are just sanctimonious blue haired pricks AND are clueless. 

57 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Our boosters are just sanctimonious blue haired pricks AND are clueless. 

So we can count on you to put a second mortgage on your home to sign Dewberry when you become a sanctimonious prick?

6 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I think the majority in here are fully supportive of the changes. We also know some young men will make fools of themselves in the process, and I’m completely on board with making fun of them when they do. 

Yeah I’m happy for them getting this approved and having the ability to make money. Being realistic, majority of these kids don’t command much of a demand. 

33 minutes ago, Bevo said:

So we can count on you to put a second mortgage on your home to sign Dewberry when you become a sanctimonious prick?

1) if the time came when I had the resources to become a sanctimonious prick, I don’t think I’d need to take out a second mortgage. I’d already be worth tens to hundreds of millions like some of these other bastards. 

2) I don’t think that if I’m fine with paying players now I’m going to suddenly have an about face when I’m 70. I think their sanctimony is the result of generational thinking

3) Why would I contribute to signing Dewberry when it means I’d be forced to quit this board forever? @closetojumping out front shoulda (did) told ya. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting