Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, Lonestar88 said:

I assume stopping the Jones visit was independent of the Gatson situation, because if there was legit interest in Jones, canceling that visit would be fucking stupid.

The most likely scenario (as always) is that Roach doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Given that you have a limited number of official visits you can give out, it makes sense if you know he's not going to be in your class. But that decision could have absolutely been made independent of Gatson.

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Super K on LTG

Hide contents

As you know, 2022 4-star ATH (DB) and Arizona State commit, Larry Turner-Gooden out of Cali (Bishop Alemany) is visiting Texas this week.

Las time I was in California, my schedule didn’t match up with Larry’s so I have yet to see him in person.

But I just chatted with someone close to Turner-Gooden and source said they believe Larry ends up at Texas.

So, based on that, I’m throwing my trending pick to Texas.

Nice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Uncle strikes again. One of my nephews is starting football in middle school this fall. Seems like it could be a good opportunity for some extra cash in a few years.

It’s a shame how your car keeps breaking down. Need some help with that? 

Also, you’re going to need to get this TikTok numbers up. You still have time. 

35 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Excuse me, no pluckers slander here. I feel attacked.

25 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Pluckers is the best. The only slander is that Roach has his mail forwarded there

Have you guys been to Pluckers in the past 5 years???

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

It's my favorite, but them raising their wing prices by $2 has given me pause about going back as much.

National wing shortage. Was forced to go to a bdubs the other day and they didnt have bone in wings at all...terrible

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

National wing shortage. Was forced to go to a bdubs the other day and they didnt have bone in wings at all...terrible

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/21/business/chicken-thighs-wingstop/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=link&utm_content=2021-06-21T22%3A03%3A27

Anyway, in regards to recruiting, weren't we a close 2nd behind AZST when LTG committed? makes sense he'd wind up here if he chooses to jump ship. Although "someone close to him" sounds almost as concrete as that cringe story that came out about another recruits parents saying they felt like Finkley was about to commit to Michigan.

Edited by BornAndRaised
forgot name
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BayouBill said:

The service and inconsistency at Pluckers has been all over the place the past few years (even before covid). 

Yeah I'll say it....I'd rather go to BWW just because it's consistent and the service is better.

I found this to be location specific. Had great service at some, poor at others.

6 minutes ago, BayouBill said:

The service and inconsistency at Pluckers has been all over the place the past few years (even before covid). 

Yeah I'll say it....I'd rather go to BWW just because it's consistent and the service is better.

You must be going to the wrong pluckers. Bdubs is barely edible, especially their bone in wings, they taste microwaved

9 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/21/business/chicken-thighs-wingstop/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=link&utm_content=2021-06-21T22%3A03%3A27

Anyway, in regards to recruiting, weren't we a close 2nd behind AZST when LTG committed? makes sense he'd wind up here if he chooses to jump ship. Although "someone close to him" sounds almost as concrete as that cringe story that came out about another recruits parents saying they felt like Finkley was about to commit to Michigan.

Not sure but I think USC was supposedly up there too

So, we ever gonna get another commitment?  This feels less than ideal as a start to what you would hope would be a new coach bounce.  Not panicking yet- just thinking about sort of maybe getting ready to panic in another couple months, maybe?   Rather skip that stage and just be excited about this class. 

1 minute ago, Bruh Man said:

Not even the best in and around campus. Wingzup in Hancock Center shits all over Pluckers.

Plus one for Wingzup, although I still cannot say there's a definitive best wing place.  For all that Wingzup gets right with the actual chicken, some of the sauces and dips at Pluckers have no equal.  They also have mediocre service for those ornery individuals that make that their number one criteria at a sports bar

The first time I went to a Pluckers, Auburn returned the Alabama FG attempt something like 108 yards to win the game. From that day forward, we've used Pluckers once a year for voodoo over whichever game we most need a non-UT team to lose. I don't think we've missed once with the jinx. 

Comes at a powerful price, however. That place is torture on the uninitiated digestive system. Holy fuck. 

• Haha 5

So, we ever gonna get another commitment?  This feels less than ideal as a start to what you would hope would be a new coach bounce.  Not panicking yet- just thinking about sort of maybe getting ready to panic in another couple months, maybe?   Rather skip that stage and just be excited about this class. 

Nope. Sark is done for 2022.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Patience. Couple pages ago someone posted that Gerry put the O/U at 6.5 commits before the end of July.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Patience. Couple pages ago someone posted that Gerry put the O/U at 6.5 commits before the end of July.

I saw that. Was hopeful we'd have at least 1 more from all these visits in June.  That's why I'm just thinking about figuring out maybe when I want to panic, not full on ready to channel Satya yet.  I guess I'd have a lot more faith if I thought we were going to use this NIL to it's fullest potential, but I see tweets like "it's illegal to coordinate" and I think- that's like a parking ticket only if parking enforcement was never done. I hope we are concerned about that being illegal in the same way gambling is illegal at Bushwood. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I saw that. Was hopeful we'd have at least 1 more from all these visits in June.  That's why I'm just thinking about figuring out maybe when I want to panic, not full on ready to channel Satya yet.  I guess I'd have a lot more faith if I thought we were going to use this NIL to it's fullest potential, but I see tweets like "it's illegal to coordinate" and I think- that's like a parking ticket only if parking enforcement was never done. I hope we are concerned about that being illegal in the same way gambling is illegal at Bushwood. 

Several guys are in, but are just still taking visits 

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

I saw that. Was hopeful we'd have at least 1 more from all these visits in June.  That's why I'm just thinking about figuring out maybe when I want to panic, not full on ready to channel Satya yet.

Start panicking when our targets start committing to other schools. Nobody is committing to anywhere right now, June pledges are way down from previous cycles across the county. It's not a normal year for recruiting. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Motherfucker. Wulaw, pull your pants up and act like a man. Either talk wings, or project us a 7 blue chip OL class, but keep the fucking handwringing to yourself.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

There's one weekend left of official visits. After going 15 months without real visits these kids want to get the whole experience before committing.

Gerry also cited a stat that June commitments are down 63-65% from their previous level this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Motherfucker. Wulaw, pull your pants up and act like a man. Either talk wings, or project us a 7 blue chip OL class, but keep the fucking handwringing to yourself.

I thought that was pretty minimal hand wringing. I'm just a dabbler at recruiting. I understand it from a program health standpoint and it's importance to us, but I just can't throw myself into it as I'm spread thin with other responsibilities.  So, I'm just checking in from time to time to see how it's going.  

What this is really about is my dad follows the recruiting with fervor and he always tells me what we are up to on that count.  With him catatonic in the hospital I am both 1) missing my updates and 2) Looking for things to tell him that are going on that will put a smile on his face. 

And I was one of the first 10 employees that Mark and Dave ever hired at Pluckers in year 1 (delivery driver). It was a great job. I don't do the wings there I do a buffalo chicken sandwhich tossed in medium, with ranch and queso on the side, lettuce, tomato and onion on top.  It's awesome and then you can dip your fries in the queso and ranch afterwards and that's fine too.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting