Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I would feel extremely conflicted if Texas takes Murphy this early, have to imagine that’s the death knell to the Ewers dream plus going out of state for a project as your first QB take is a big gamble (the upside is huge however)

I'm pretty sure if we do take Murphy, they will take a second QB in this class 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I would feel extremely conflicted if Texas takes Murphy this early, have to imagine that’s the death knell to the Ewers dream plus going out of state for a project as your first QB take is a big gamble (the upside is huge however)

I know we all want Ewers but unfortunately I think that ship has sailed. Murphy would be a nice consolation prize and also gives us an established presence out west. I’d be shocked if Ewers flips back to us.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I'm pretty sure if we do take Murphy, they will take a second QB in this class 

I understand there is some uncertainty about him because he (and everyone else in CA) missed a year but 247 has him as the second best pro-style qb in the country and he’s 3rd in the composite. I think treating him as a project you need to hedge by taking 2nd guy is overstating his question marks a bit.

You can bet Sark knows exactly how likely flipping Ewers is. Murphy would be a monster addition to the class. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Maalik-Murphy-46079369/

Edited by UncleSonny

10 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Well they just started followng each other. Maybe Maalik just wants to tell him "You may go to hell, and I will go to Texas."

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

My guess is that have a good feel on if Ewers flip is achievable. Based on the fact he/the family grew up burnt orange I assume they are going to shoot straight with Sark and not play games.  If Murphy wants in, Ewers will give Sark his answer. Better to know sooner, especially if you have high end talent ready to jump on board as an alternative. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

True, but one of the factors in that decision could be Sark's assessment of Thompson and Card.

If he likes what he sees in them, then they could set a pretty high floor for at least a couple of years, possibly up to 4 (w/ Card).  

In that scenario, he may as well shoot for a high-ceiling guy, rather than a safer option, whose performance range could overlap with those of Thompson/Card. 

(You still give Ewers your best shot, of course.)

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Getafix said:

True, but one of the factors in that decision could be Sark's assessment of Thompson and Card.

If he likes what he sees in them, then they could set a pretty high floor for at least a couple of years, possibly up to 4 (w/ Card).  

In that scenario, he may as well shoot for a high-ceiling guy, rather than a safer option, whose performance range could overlap with those of Thompson/Card. 

(You still give Ewers your best shot, of course.)

Oh ya I definitely understand taking Murphy ASAP. There’s a ton of logic and I think he can be a beast especially if he’s willing to sit behind Casey or card for a couple of years. Mainly it’s the Ewers dream dying that hurts, I know that door isn’t closed yet but this would certainly close it. I would still be very very happy with Murphy, he’s without question the second best QB on our radar. Ewers, Murphy, Hoover, Weigmann, Klubnik in that order IMO

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Oh ya I definitely understand taking Murphy ASAP. There’s a ton of logic and I think he can be a beast especially if he’s willing to sit behind Casey or card for a couple of years. Mainly it’s the Ewers dream dying that hurts, I know that door isn’t closed yet but this would certainly close it. I would still be very very happy with Murphy, he’s without question the second best QB on our radar. Ewers, Murphy, Hoover, Weigmann, Klubnik in that order IMO

Wonder how Murphy compares to JQJ?

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Very true ... if Murphy did want to commit, I'm sure that would make Sark and gang take a really deep breath.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Getafix said:

Very true ... if Murphy did want to commit, I'm sure that would make Sark and gang take a really deep breath.

Ya pretty sure it would one last call to Ewers and his pops saying...”alright bitch, you sure? You good with burning them baby pictures and freezing your ass off in boring ass Colombus? Remember Jeffery Dahmer went to Ohio State? You sure? Alright well, I’ll give you an hour, better hurry”

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Ya pretty sure it would one last call to Ewers and his pops saying...”alright bitch, you sure? You good with burning them baby pictures and freezing your ass off in boring ass Colombus? Remember Jeffery Dahmer went to Ohio State? You sure? Alright well, I’ll give you an hour, better hurry”

What kind of production did Dahmer have there? I mean, was he a decent QB?

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Run Run Run Punt said:

I know we all want Ewers but unfortunately I think that ship has sailed. Murphy would be a nice consolation prize and also gives us an established presence out west. I’d be shocked if Ewers flips back to us.

Seems rather early to be punting on Ewers. I guess username checks out.

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ewers literally just posted a bunch of Buckeye shit on his social media. At some point you need to let go and just make fun of his douchebag haircut with the rest of America.

Nah, he’s just battling with himself, trying to keep rationale in favor of his erroneous decision. It’s similar to Stuart Smalley’s efforts on SNL to reinforce his self confidence. 

……and yeah, what I just said ^^ is a load of shit. (But there’s still quite a ways to go).

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That, retweeting Burton talking about it, and this

https://247sports.com/player/tegra-tshabola-46083974/

Well he is part of that class. At the moment he thinks his commitment is solid. Doesn't mean anything a few weeks or months from now with teenagers.

He might not flip but routine twitter activity isn't really indicative of that. 

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 3

I was as excited as the next person when ewers committed but I sadly don’t think he’s coming back. Even if Casey or card comes out slinging it(which I think they will), that damn osu pipeline is still alive and pumping. I think the new dream should be arch.....and no I’m not kidding. Then we’d have a Blue Manning backfield. The Manning’s did pretty well in blue....

4 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I was as excited as the next person when ewers committed but I sadly don’t think he’s coming back. Even if Casey or card comes out slinging it(which I think they will), that damn osu pipeline is still alive and pumping. I think the new dream should be arch.....and no I’m not kidding. Then we’d have a Blue Manning backfield. The Manning’s did pretty well in blue....

image.gif.4190b41fdca5aa210ca6314778844c75.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

It's February. Let's worry about a flip/not flip when June gets here. Plus when the season starts he can see first hand what kind of role he'll play. We've already got 2 stud offensive players on the board, and Evan Stewart is on the way, so I'm think I that'll carry some weight. He's not the pied piper I thought he would be, tbh. I thought kids would flock to wherever he ended up, but so far it looks like no one cares (or maybe I've missed something. Burton was gong there with or without Ewers, so he doesn't count). 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

I think it’s more likely that all the Murphy stuff is a message to Ewers than it is actually real.

So Roach said that Blue is better than either of LJ Johnson or Wheaton. Is that true, or just a $9.95er telling subscribers what they want to hear?

I’ve read from other 9.96ers that Blue was better and this was back when Blue was leaning LSU.  Roach doesn’t strike me as a pumper 

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

I think it’s more likely that all the Murphy stuff is a message to Ewers than it is actually real.

So Roach said that Blue is better than either of LJ Johnson or Wheaton. Is that true, or just a $9.95er telling subscribers what they want to hear?

It’s true. I’d rather have Blue than either of them. Adding Brooks and then Blue to our current RB group is great. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

I understand there is some uncertainty about him because he (and everyone else in CA) missed a year but 247 has him as the second best pro-style qb in the country and he’s 3rd in the composite. I think treating him as a project you need to hedge by taking 2nd guy is overstating his question marks a bit.

You can bet Sark knows exactly how likely flipping Ewers is. Murphy would be a monster addition to the class. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Maalik-Murphy-46079369/

Murphy is going to be a project either way, all QBs are when they hit college. He has tools in spades and I would find it hard to believe that Cali cancels a second full season. My biggest question on Murphy is accuracy. He has the big arm and pocket presence but sometimes those guys make for great highlights but only complete 50% of their passes. I honestly have no clue about Murphy but Sark knows what he is looking for.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Ewers literally just posted a bunch of Buckeye shit on his social media. At some point you need to let go and just make fun of his douchebag haircut with the rest of America.

I know everyone is enamored with Ewers, but SLC QBs don't have the best track record at the next level. Ewers is the guy that can easily break that mold, but that question nags at me about him. 

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I know everyone is enamored with Ewers, but SLC QBs don't have the best track record at the next level. Ewers is the guy that can easily break that mold, but that question nags at me about him. 

That is a terrible data point to use in an argument. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Machinator said:

Gerry on Drew Hughes

Reveal hidden contents

Inside Texas has learned Drew Hughes, who is still waiting to be cleared by the University’s compliance department to become Steve Sarkisian’s director of player personnel for the Longhorns, is now receiving interest for a similar role at Arkansas.

“Just heard (the Texas) AD won’t budge,” an industry insider told IT today. “Interesting how one school can take him and the other can’t.”

We are told nothing is official at this point and do not know if Hughes would even be interested in the role at Arkansas. Hughes was formerly the director of player personnel at South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, NC State and Central Florida.

Yo Chang!  

Where you at , buddy?  

Hey man. No hard feelings,  right?   

So?  About that whole " firing you " thing? 

Funny thing.....

8 hours ago, RGBIII said:

If was follow Murphy with a guy like Manning  the next year, it looks better and better. 

18 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

One of the common themes among mechanisms for delivering player content is EA doesn't want to be involved in valuing a player's likeness which means there probably won't be a player on the cover anymore. They are very interested in agreements with institutions that value what their players in the game will make. Now, whether these will be private or public agreements is up to the NCAA. 

If this is the path forward, schools like Texas show up with numbers that other schools cannot. Idk about ratings within the game, that hasn't been discussed with any credibility afaik

betting we see something super generic from a rookie NFL player - think Trevor Lawrence in a shade of orange that is SLIGHTLY off from Clemson orange. or generic purple jersey w/ number.

Just now, NoName said:

sure, but you think that they want him in his suit at the draft on the cover?

why wouldn't he be wearing his clemson uniform?  Swore that I saw that EA already had an agreement with CLA the collegiate licensing group, so they can use the school names, colors, fight songs.  The hurdle was striking a deal for the NLI for the current players.  But they could just release the game with generic names and likeness if a deal can't be made right now.  People will still purchase the game and modders will update the roster to look more like what's actually on the field.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting