Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Also, in reading that write-up from Nahlin and GH, you guys are too gun shy. A solid year with a new staff full of good recruiters should have Texas well inside a top 10 class, even with ATM probably landing a top 2-3 class. 

A&M is not landing a top 2-3 class. Don't see it happening. I'll be happy to have another top-10 finish but likely in the 5 to 10 range and closer to 10 than 5. 

Bama, tOSU, Clemson...even GA and LSU... still with momentum. And then tack on OU (who took a smaller class in 2021), UT (new coach smell), UNC (yellatooth), Oregon, ND. 

But mostly, nobody is catching Bama, tOSU, GA/Clemson at least for another year, IMO.

You guys will do very well, no doubt.

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Also, in reading that write-up from Nahlin and GH, you guys are too gun shy. A solid year with a new staff full of good recruiters should have Texas well inside a top 10 class, even with ATM probably landing a top 2-3 class. 

I will believe it when it happens, who knows maybe next year is the year they actually can beat both LSU and Bama and compete for the SEC-W...with a green as hell QB who hasn't ever taken a competitive snap

so for that to happen, they have to be even more brazen about dropping bags, win big (so basically a better season than last?), hope Texas trips on their own dick recruiting, hope OU sucks it up and they can clean up in Texas AND out recruit the other SEC teams?

Meryl Streep Doubt GIF

all that said, yes - Texas should have a class well inside the Top 10. Using composite currently, the state has 5 in the composite top 20, 9 in the top 50, 17 players in the composite top 100, 29 in the top 200 and 37 in the top 300.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I think UT actually having a highly competent coaching staff with some serious recruiters for the 1st time in like 10 years warrants some of Gerry's Kool-Aid.

Sark will show more in the Spring game I bet as well than normal to drum up some enthusiasm heading into camp season.

The 2022 class looks pretty stacked and Texas finally has strong offensive and defensive leadership with real skins on the wall in terms of NFL players and college championships/bowl wins etc

Fucking finally.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Dude champion is expensive and very popular amongst the young crowd. 

EVERYTHING that is old is new again

Spoiler

i live in a tourist town and in the last 6 months i have seen more bellbottoms on kids under the age of 25 than i have in the last like 15 years.

21 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

A&M is not landing a top 2-3 class. Don't see it happening. I'll be happy to have another top-10 finish but likely in the 5 to 10 range and closer to 10 than 5. 

Bama, tOSU, Clemson...even GA and LSU... still with momentum.

I think the timing is good for y'all. Who could have imagined so much tumult in the SEC West at one time? Ole Miss and MSU are re-establishing themselves and will be formidable, but maybe not this year. Auburn with a new HC, LSU having shit the bed, and Bama starting with a new OC. Y'all can take advantage of that vacuum. Breaking in  a new QB will be your big challenge. Surely that won't be too rough.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Bama, tOSU, Clemson...even GA and LSU... still with momentum. And then tack on OU (who took a smaller class in 2021), UT (new coach smell), UNC (yellatooth), Oregon, ND. 

But mostly, nobody is catching Bama, tOSU, GA/Clemson at least for another year, IMO.

You guys will do very well, no doubt.

25 minutes ago, NoName said:

I will believe it when it happens, who knows maybe next year is the year they actually can beat both LSU and Bama and compete for the SEC-W...with a green as hell QB who hasn't ever taken a competitive snap

so for that to happen, they have to be even more brazen about dropping bags, win big (so basically a better season than last?), hope Texas trips on their own dick recruiting, hope OU sucks it up and they can clean up in Texas AND out recruit the other SEC teams?

Meryl Streep Doubt GIF

all that said, yes - Texas should have a class well inside the Top 10. Using composite currently, the state has 5 in the composite top 20, 9 in the top 50, 17 players in the composite top 100, 29 in the top 200 and 37 in the top 300.

Hey, I hope y’all are right. That said, someone can go ask $9.95ers they trust and see what they say. Those guys know bags are dropping and it’s only ramped with the Sarkisian staff. They’re about to have a huge class. If they don’t, yes, we can give a ton of credit to the Texas staff and a mediocre 2021 performance to impact things down to a top 5-10 class instead. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Before his buddy Conyers transferred and the coaching change.

I think the biggest deal was OU backing off because they already have three WRs committed and are adding Raleek Brown on Friday who they view as Tyreek Hill type of slot/rb hybrid

A lot of the top schools pursuing Raleek (Bama, Ohio State, USC, etc) view him as a guy who has at least one flip in him, so that choice might end up burning OU

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I will always have a soft spot for Thompson because “Thompson to Texas” (which made no sense at the time) was the mole bait that got Carl kicked off of the group chat.

Thanks for the reminder. Dont forget to continue to neg Carl

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I will always have a soft spot for Thompson because “Thompson to Texas” (which made no sense at the time) was the mole bait that got Carl kicked off of the group chat.

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Thanks for the reminder. Dont forget to continue to neg Carl

Wait, what happened?

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Wait, what happened?

The players started dropping different bits of false info in their various group chats with outsiders to figure out which numbnut was the one who was taking all their gossip to the message boards. Carl bit on the bit in his chat (Thompson silent committing to Texas), so they knew it was him.

Classic spy novel move.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The players started dropping different bits of false info in their various group chats with outsiders to figure out which numbnut was the one who was taking all their gossip to the message boards. Carl bit on the bit in his chat (Thompson silent committing to Texas), so they knew it was him.

Classic spy novel move.

Canary trap, imo 

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Classic spy novel move.

that's mostly how he got his rep, dropping info from the player and recruit group chat he was on. Supposedly where the Turner shooting his video info came from. After he got kicked, he was worthless just saying what he'd read from $9.95 sites and random pictures of Urban insinuating he knew more than he did.

Edited by Viper
  • Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Classic spy novel move.

A1C391D1-FB48-4C8D-96FF-3812E8554C5E.gif

1 hour ago, Viper said:

that's mostly how he got his rep, dropping info from the player and recruit group chat he was on. Supposedly where the Turner shooting his video info came from. After he got kicked, he was worthless just saying what he'd read from $9.95 sites and random pictures of Urban insinuating he knew more than he did.

he said a $9.95er even hit him up offering him some dough in exchange for getting some scoop before anyone else

‘22 will work itself out if we put a decent product on the field....if these coaches are worth the bump they received, then will be ok.  This staff feels like something we haven’t seen in a while.  The talent on campus can do some special things on the field if coached/schemed up correctly.  That’s why Sark brought these guys in and if he’s worth a shit it will work out.   If he can keep his shit together, we will be alright.  Lot of IFs in that but at this point, I’ll take it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

I am pretty sure he is the same person as former poster Leslie Chow, banned for repeatedly dropping the n-word.

Dude, I was just thinking about what happened to that motherfucker the other day. I was wondering why he hadn't been on this site yet, but your theory makes sense. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Dude, I was just thinking about what happened to that motherfucker the other day. I was wondering why he hadn't been on this site yet, but your theory makes sense. 

Just like the recently banned iteration, he always talked about his inside info from the 7-11 guy or whatever his story was. 

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Classic spy novel move.

Wait, so a bunch of high schoolers thought what was said in a group chat (with an adult "outsider") would remain private?  That's what I hate about these high school kids man, I get older, they stay naive.

From Bobby this morning:

Spoiler

Lots of movement in the Longhorns’ player personnel department this week on the heels of national signing day.

- IT learned that Drew Hughes would not be the team’s next player personnel director as had been expected.

- Bryan Carrington, after making what could only be described as an “official visit” to USC over the weekend is now expected to take the Trojans up on their offer. I’m told Steve Sarkisian wasn’t exactly beat up about Carrington’s departure given Carrington’s outright overtures to another program just days before signing day.

- As IT expected, John Michael Jones and Jake Langi have been retained by Sarkisian. Jones has headed up the Longhorns’ resurgent walk-on program the last several years. Texas got several preferred walk-ons in this class, including two from state champion Westlake. But the real coup was landing QB Cole Lourd. Lourd had other D-I scholarship offers, but the UT legacy (the grandson of Jim Bob Moffett) opted for Texas.

- With Bob Shipley taking a step back from full-time work, the Horns attracted Lancaster head coach Chris Gilbert as the team’s new director of high school relations. Gilbert is a well-respected member of the Texas High School Coaches Association and a well-known figure in South Dallas.

Where will Texas go for a replacement for Hughes?

A name to watch is Cooper Pategna. Pategna is the former director of player personnel at Oregon.

However, he is just one of several possible candidates.

Whoever the hire ultimately is will likely be tied in some way to Ed Marynowitz, Nick Saban’s first personnel director who now works alongside Jimmy Sexton and helps college coaches fill out their personnel staffs.

I’m told Texas coaches have been reviewing practice film from last year, not just game film, to get an idea of the players who return to the team this season.

Sark is said to be pleasantly surprised with the talent on campus. “Better than expected,” he told an athletic department official

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting