Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Ideally still 4, right? Stewart, Winfield, Williams, and headhunt more speed. Maybe Winfield looks around. As long as you end up with Stewart who could be a star and is physically close to ready, and Williams who could backup Omeire early (whatever his role will be), I think it’s a win. Filling out with any of the aforementioned would be terrific.
If we’re going to overallocate, I’d prefer the secondary. It will be a big group of upperclassmen next season, and idk that I’m really excited about relying on the incoming class logging a ton of starting snaps. Let’s stack secondary athletes and let guys lower on the depth chart take advantage of their opportunity at Alcorn St. OL could use an extra tackle or 5. Cannot sacrifice a rb or interior dl. Going to need 2 kinds of end. Yeah, WR is not the place to take an extra, imo.

Absolutely cannot turn Coleman or Thompson away.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, cafe society said:

This is your weird latent Ohioality coming out.  Sans tOSU athletics success, what is the allure of Columbus as a hub for people seeking exciting, cutting edge passion and success?  I'm interested to learn.  I've been there, it reminded me of Sacramento, TBH.  

Three big cities, lots of big corporate headquarters in a one-horse state (sorry UCincy), and their fans and alums are spread EVERYWHERE. Seriously, every mid size city seems to have multiple Ohio State bars.

It's not the same as Texas or USC, but probably the top of the next tier.

24 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Let's say CJ Williams follows Murphy.  How many more WR's would we take?  Can't see Stewart, Thompson, and Coleman being told no.  And this doesn't even include Chris Marshall.

If all 5 of them wanted to come we’d take all of them, but those are 5 of the top 12 WRs in the country, they aren’t all going to the same place.

I like the optimism, but I don’t think this is a problem we have to worry about.

59 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Let's say CJ Williams follows Murphy.  How many more WR's would we take?  Can't see Stewart, Thompson, and Coleman being told no.  And this doesn't even include Chris Marshall.

I say this with all due respect but we just signed the worst recruiting class in god knows how long and we played a walk on named Kai Money and a band of JAGS at the position last year and you have gone from that situation to how do we fit six of the top 10-15 wide receivers in the nation on the same class? I mean, this is some next level fan delusion. Bravo sir. I wonder how we will fit Ewers, Murphy, Aaron Rodgers and Klubnik in the same class when they all rush to commit at the same time. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

40 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Ideally still 4, right? Stewart, Winfield, Williams, and headhunt more speed. Maybe Winfield looks around. As long as you end up with Stewart who could be a star and is physically close to ready, and Williams who could backup Omeire early (whatever his role will be), I think it’s a win. Filling out with any of the aforementioned would be terrific.
If we’re going to overallocate, I’d prefer the secondary. It will be a big group of upperclassmen next season, and idk that I’m really excited about relying on the incoming class logging a ton of starting snaps. Let’s stack secondary athletes and let guys lower on the depth chart take advantage of their opportunity at Alcorn St. OL could use an extra tackle or 5. Cannot sacrifice a rb or interior dl. Going to need 2 kinds of end. Yeah, WR is not the place to take an extra, imo.

They’re going to flush out the WR part of the roster and they don’t have a problem with the incoming guys. There will probably be some attrition that makes us recruitniks or those practice report lovers have some heartburn. 

They are going to take 5 if they can get the 5 they want. There are several combos that work to get to 5. I don’t think they’ll have a problem taking 5 OL and 5 DBs either. Seems like they’ll use some backdating from the 2021 numbers to make it work. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Lol this shit reminds me of when we were going to make a clean fucking sweep at OL in 2021. We were going to have to turn down Fatheree and Jonah Miller and Wykoff etc....lets just see how this plays out and worry about numbers after. There is plenty of attrition candidates in that room, hell cut Lewis (who I thought was solid but obviously cant keep his shit straight) and Harrison (who was a questionable take to begin with and opted out for no reason). Mix in a Montrell Estell and an Alvonte Woodard and yep, I think we can find room to take Coleman, Stewart, Williams, Winfield, Thompson, whoever the fuck else. Roster numbers are like the salary cap in the nfl, sure its a limit but there is so many ways to work around it that it doesnt matter

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

They’re going to flush out the WR part of the roster and they don’t have a problem with the incoming guys. There will probably be some attrition that makes us recruitniks or those practice report lovers have some heartburn. 
They are going to take 5 if they can get the 5 they want. There are several combos that work to get to 5. I don’t think they’ll have a problem taking 5 OL and 5 DBs either. Seems like they’ll use some backdating from the 2021 numbers to make it work. 

Thank you. If this year goes well for the offense, I’d imagine they’d like to pick up a transfer. Assuming that whole class of Washington, Lewis, and whomever leave, it would be a very young room. Hopefully Washington is an example of the maximum level of talent headed out.

6 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Jesus. I step away from this thread for a few hours and come back to a massive shit show of people jumping off a bridge thinking that the signing of a five star QB from an elite school in CA is going to be a terrible decision. I was about to punch thru my monitor until CTJ finally shut those shit takes down. Good grief this board needs its own psychiatrist. 

Chris Sims broke us all.

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

I say this with all due respect but we just signed the worst recruiting class in god knows how long and we played a walk on named Kai Money and a band of JAGS at the position last year and you have gone from that situation to how do we fit six of the top 10-15 wide receivers in the nation on the same class? I mean, this is some next level fan delusion. Bravo sir. I wonder how we will fit Ewers, Murphy, Aaron Rodgers and Klubnik in the same class when they all rush to commit at the same time. 

Lol wut. We signed a worse class just 4 years ago. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lol wut. We signed a worse class just 4 years ago. 

Also, if anyone wants to be a masochist tonight go look at the transition class before that one, the 2014 class. Our top 6 recruits in that class combined to give us maybe two games of above average play, and we somehow managed to sign 9 guys ranked lower than the 5’11, 250 lb loaf of bread that was Terrell Cuney.

JFC that class has to be the worst class we signed this century. And yet I’d still rather post about that class than read all the dumbassery on this board today about Murphy. If anyone says we should take Klubnick over Murphy they should be perma-banned. Or better yet, they should be restricted to only being able to read posts from satya, futureman, Htownhorn, Fozz and Carl socks. 

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2014-Football/Commits/ 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

TFB

Hide contents

Spoke to Super K while he was on the road and I wanted to pass along a little note.

As you can see, he was out to see 2022 DB Bryce Anderson…

As K said earlier in the week, the ‘Who’s Who’ of college football (Bama, LSU, Aggie, Ohio State etc.) is recruiting Anderson.

K will have more on this, but he seems to feel really good about Texas’ chances.

Most of the talk has been about Texas A&M and LSU in regards to Bryce. While they are certainly contenders, Texas is in much better position than most believe.

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

11EC39E9-FB52-47D4-822C-5494105BF207.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Sitting on the shitter and this thought crossed my mind. It is not 2022 related but it is recruiting related (kinda) so neg if you have to. Devin Duvernay signed his LOI with Baylor. Baylor never processed the paper. I'm sure Art spoke about him by name during their NSD conference. Wouldn't that be an infraction since Devin wasn't officially a part of the team. And I'm out. 

To make this 2022 related. I want the CA QB and all the other badasses that would want follow him. 

Edited by T-shirt Sip
Making it relevant.

2 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I guess Brenen Thompson slipped your mind?

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Also, if anyone wants to be a masochist tonight go look at the transition class before that one, the 2014 class. Our top 6 recruits in that class combined to give us maybe two games of above average play, and we somehow managed to sign 9 guys ranked lower than the 5’11, 250 lb loaf of bread that was Terrell Cuney.

JFC that class has to be the worst class we signed this century. And yet I’d still rather post about that class than read all the dumbassery on this board today about Murphy. If anyone says we should take Klubnick over Murphy they should be perma-banned. Or better yet, they should be restricted to only being able to read posts from satya, futureman, Htownhorn, Fozz and Carl socks. 

Oh, man what a terrible class. D'Onta and Poona were the best players from that class.

Edited by Kanly
Added link

19 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

If anyone says we should take Klubnick over Murphy they should be perma-banned. Or better yet, they should be restricted to only being able to read posts from satya, futureman, Htownhorn, Fozz and Carl socks. 

But but but TXHSFB 

Edited by texifornia

10 hours ago, golfclap said:

It's hard not to feel this way. QB and WR are two spots that are absolutely stocked in this state every year (NCAA and NFL production prove it out) and specifically in 2022. going OOS for OLB or DT? Sure. I get that. QB and WR, esp in 2022, is a tougher hill to climb. 

So do you think we should take Klub, if you assume Ewers is off the table and we're down to the second choice?

19 minutes ago, T-shirt Sip said:

Sitting on the shitter and this thought crossed my mind. It is not 2022 related but it is recruiting related (kinda) so neg if you have to. Devin Duvernay signed his LOI with Baylor. Baylor never processed the paper. I'm sure Art spoke about him by name during their NSD conference. Wouldn't that be an infraction since Devin wasn't officially a part of the team. And I'm out.   To make this 2022 related. I want the CA QB and all the other badasses that would want follow him. 

giphy.gif 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

No Way Smile GIF by Get Out Movie

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Trey Holtz was from Florida and played at QB.

Hey, you didn't say starting QB or even scholarship QB.

Fair.

43 minutes ago, mvlonghorns said:

Kai Locksley as well. He was even on a scholarship, for some reason.

34 minutes ago, Kanly said:

Cam Rising

These two never got in a game.

So seems the answer is yes.  Casey was the first OOS QB to play meaningful minutes for us in almost two decades.  That’s a pretty amazing stat.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, DeadSalamander said:

Whatever happened to that kid? We were so exciting when we swiped him from the land thieves, next thing you know he transfers to some irrelevant mountain school

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You mostly answered your own question. He got hurt this season, though, and will probably return to action this summer. 

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Random realization I just had: was Casey Thompson the first Longhorn QB not from Texas to play since Simms?

Major was from Baton Rouge, other than that I think you may be right. None of the out of staters ever got to play to my knowledge other than Trey Holtz as a holder.

Edited by Vertigo

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

So do you think we should take Klub, if you assume Ewers is off the table and we're down to the second choice?

Is it possible to take both Murphy and Klub? Assuming Ewers is off the table. Would Murphy and Klubnik be cool with that?

10 hours ago, RGBIII said:

TFB

Hide contents

Spoke to Super K while he was on the road and I wanted to pass along a little note.

As you can see, he was out to see 2022 DB Bryce Anderson…

As K said earlier in the week, the ‘Who’s Who’ of college football (Bama, LSU, Aggie, Ohio State etc.) is recruiting Anderson.

K will have more on this, but he seems to feel really good about Texas’ chances.

Most of the talk has been about Texas A&M and LSU in regards to Bryce. While they are certainly contenders, Texas is in much better position than most believe.

That mean the video is in post production stage?

Edited by TheBryMan81

On 2/9/2021 at 9:46 PM, Cashcar said:

Jesus christ that is poetic. Great post. Fuck Ewers, Fuck the Brocks, and absolutely fuck the entire state of Ohio and their ugly ass women. 

Correct. You decommited and left. Fuck you. That’s like saying I’ll go to the prom with this bitch who wants to run a dick sucking marathon on me unless my ex gf who left me to fuck my dad comes back.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Correct. You decommited and left. Fuck you. That’s like saying I’ll go to the prom with this bitch who wants to run a dick sucking marathon on me unless my ex gf who left me to fuck my dad comes back.  

Does the Math become more difficult if the suckathoner has braces, b.o., and a case of the fats and the ex looks like Kate Beckinsale? Help us understand. 

but agree, fuck the Brocks. 

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting