Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Hearts Formation Cockroach GIF - HeartsFormation Cockroach GIFs

Horns 247 / Mike Roach / Mike at Night: Sunday night updates on support staff hires

Spoiler

Mike at Night: Sunday night updates on support staff hires

MikeRoach

— As Horns247 reported yesterday, Texas is eyeing North Carolina State Director of Player Personnel Billy Glasscock for the same position on Steve Sarkisian's staff. I checked around today and it sounds like things are trending positively for both sides but nothing is done yet. From what I've been told, Glasscock is the top target for Sarkisian and Glasscock has a lot of interest in taking the job. There are still some hurdles to clear for Texas as Glasscock just signed a new deal last year. I was told last week that a new hire was expected to be announced this week and I believe Texas would love to get this position filled within that timeline.

— We've also heard that there has been interest between Texas and Taylor Searels for a position as Director of On-Campus Recruiting. This position is responsible for setting up visits, campus tours and any recruiting events throughout the year. I haven't heard anything today that would change things on that front, but I wouldn't expect this hire to be made official until we hear something official on the DPP front.

— There was a report by another outlet that North Carolina's personnel assistant Bobby Brown was another person of interest and expected to join the staff at Texas. I was told today that Brown is happy at North Carolina and has no plans to move on as of now. Multiple sources informed Horns247 that they don't expect him to make the jump as of right now.

— There was a subject on the board today about Texas assistant running backs coach Brandon Harris moving into the Director of Recruiting role Bryan Carrington vacated. I'm not sure where that report originated, but I checked with a source who told me there was not truth to anything of that nature. Carrington was originally an assistant DPP and the role Director of Recruiting was created to retain him after early success. It's unclear if Texas will fill that specific role moving forward.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Horns 247 / Mike Roach / Mike at Night: Sunday night updates on support staff hires

Hide contents

Mike at Night: Sunday night updates on support staff hires

MikeRoach

— There was a report by another outlet that North Carolina's personnel assistant Bobby Brown was another person of interest and expected to join the staff at Texas. I was told today that Brown is happy at North Carolina and has no plans to move on as of now. Multiple sources informed Horns247 that they don't expect him to make the jump as of right now.

Should just expect little steps, right?

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

No

Well he hasn't been re-offered so...

He made the mistake of not realizing he’s not overly special and he’s playing a position where there isn’t a lot of separation between WR 20 and WR 75 nationally. I’m sure he will enjoy playing at Baylor/Tech/TCU. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting