Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

8 hours ago, golfclap said:

His brother loves it here for sure, I think it’s more about his position coach (with Gare’s assist) and a little bit about doing his own thing.    Texas will absolutely load up on quality DBs this cycle.  No worries there. 

Sometimes the younger brother wants to forge his own path -- if so, good luck to Lando except vs TEXAS.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

Two things:

- interesting that he references the wr production at SC, would have thought that short stint would be used for negative recruiting almost exclusively. 

- nice that Washington is giving good feedback to guys considering he’s been on portal watch for a while now. 

I think it shows that Coleman has really done his homework on Texas and it might be even more a possibility than some thought.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Fong' on his CB pick for Wilson.  

10268566.png

People shouldn't be up his ass about CBing a kid that planned on committing to Texas to Texas. He went off incomplete info and got burned, shit happens.

They SHOULD be up his ass about him memory-holing the evidence instead of taking the L like a grown-up. (Unless they've gotten rid of the cloudy CB as a mark of "I initially fucked up")

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Fong' on his CB pick for Wilson.  

10268566.png

Brennen Thompson is still being pursued hard at wr? He was one of Sarks first calls along with Evan Stewart unless something changed. That other worldly speed would be nice in this offense.

Edited by Dondrysdale1
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Brennen Thompson is still being pursued hard at wr? He was one of Sarks first calls along with Evan Stewart unless something changed. That other worldly speed would be nice in this offense.

Thompson has a spot, and then two more for the other guys 

I’m going full kool-aid and say Fong only listed those three cuz Thompson’s already considered to be in the class.

Or you know, Fong’s got no idea what’s happening because he doesn’t have any contacts inside the program, but I like the first idea better. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 5

(Justin Wells) Cole Hutson and 2022 OL recruiting

Spoiler

The offensive line recruiting at Texas hit dark times during the Herb Hand era. Kyle Flood is here to turn the light back on.

The new staff has done a great job building early momentum and re-establishing relationships with some of the top prospects in-state.

Texas recently re-offered Frisco’s Cole Hutson. IT caught up with the 6-foot-4, 290-pound composite four-star on the latest from his recruitment.

Despite a Covid pandemic and an everlong NCAA dead period, Hutson is still finding the positives.

“The recruiting process for me has been a blessing,” said Hutson. “I am thankful for all the relationships I get to build and the people that I get to know, I was really disappointed that the NCAA keeps moving the dead period back continuously. It makes it hard to make a decision when I want to.”

It’s probably the main struggle within prospects deciding where to spend the next 4-5 years.

“Right now I’m keeping all my options open and haven’t decided on a Top 5 or 10,” Hutson said. “I’m still trying to build and grow relationships.

The three-sport stud - football, baseball, and track and field - has a good understanding of the process. His father is a former Arizona State and pro baseball player. He knows what he wants at the next level.

“I’m looking for a strong culture in a team, coaches that are there to help me, and push me to make myself better,” Hutson said. “A place that feels like home. When I get on campus or meet someone face to face, I can get the real first impression and be able to be there and feel like I have made the best decision for me.”

Alabama, Arizona State, Penn State, and Baylor are putting in the work, while Texas continues to re-establish its footing with Hutson.

“The re-offer was amazing,” said Hutson. “Got on a FaceTime with coach Sark with my parents and had a great conversation about his thoughts and where he wants the program to go and how he is going to do it. We talked about football, school, life after football, and what comes next. I really like the new staff and I’m really excited for what is to come of the program.”

Texas is looking solid for targets like Devon Campbell and Kelvin Banks. They’re attempting to close the gap on Kam Dewberry. Connor Robertson is another where UT is squarely in the mix. They’re trying to inch closer to Neto Umeozulu.

If this class takes 5-6 OL in 2022, give me your best group or most likely. Covering OL recruiting is fun again.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I’m going full kool-aid and saying Fing only listed those three cuz Thompson’s already considered to be in the class.

Or you know, Fong’s got no idea what’s happening because he doesn’t have any contacts inside the program, but I like the first idea better. 

22 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Maybe he's counting him as an athlete.

I think it is just obvious that Wiltfong doesn’t know what in the fuck the staff at Texas is thinking. He has no clue about their big board, so anything he’s declaring about who has spots and such is pure bullshit. 

He’s allegedly got a relationship with Glasscock, so I guess we’ll see where it goes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think it is just obvious that Wiltfong doesn’t know what in the fuck the staff at Texas is thinking. He has no clue about their big board, so anything he’s declaring about who has spots and such is pure bullshit. 

He’s allegedly got a relationship with Glasscock, so I guess we’ll see where it goes. 

I hate to say it, but I actually prefer this to the alternative. Maybe it blunts the overall Elko-ness of Fong's slants on state recruiting targets and predictions.

Like anything else, you got to have a media "in" nowadays to get the spin going the way you want. Having a guy that is strongly tied to Fong can't hurt. And as an added bonus I would love to see the normal scoops about things tied to the program leak through a national guy than to have to use one of these fuckheads that are our local guys as the outlet.

15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

His dad and Sark were teammates at El Camino College.

His team plays Maalik’s on 3/12. Wonder if it’ll be streaming anywhere. 

Edit: actually looks like maybe they play 4/16 after CA switched to a 5 game schedule. I’m not sure which is correct, but it looks like they are scheduled to play this year. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

Having a coach believe in momentum, and pushing for some of these early studs to commit is huge.  Its nice seeing all these guys at these events talk about UT and try to recruit each other.  Herman always was overconfident that he'd be able to go undefeated and then everyone would want to flip.  But losing to TCU and a few other crappy teams annually made that a much harder sell.  I really hope we can get some of the O-linemen to publicly commit next.  Sounds like we definitely have some leaners.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

His team plays Maalik’s on 3/12. Wonder if it’ll be streaming anywhere. 

Edit: actually looks like maybe they play 4/16 after CA switched to a 5 game schedule. I’m not sure which is correct, but it looks like they are scheduled to play this year. 

Nvm. Looks like they may not play this year. There’s a bunch of different schedules online and I can’t tell which is correct. They play in the same league so they’ll hopefully at least play each other this fall. 

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

If they can play 5 games they can play 8 or 10. California is fucking stupid.

At this point, a full season would extend too deep into the summer and the school year would be long over. Seniors gotta move on at some point

And for the underclassmen, you have to think about next season too. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

At this point, a full season would extend too deep into the summer and the school year would be long over. Seniors gotta move on at some point

Plus if I am a college team, I'm not wanting my guys playing in those games.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Plus, playing fewer games gives more flexibility for rescheduling.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

This is the actual reason, but people are obsessed with making it a CR-related issue

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting