Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, Houston20 said:

Eh, his reasoning makes sense, but it also doesn't. Wasn't not having visited anywhere a reason why he was waiting originally? If so, why commit in the first place? Sounds like he's bag/clout chasing tbh. Think he still ends up here in the end.

Also, lol at the "I'm not a regular recruit." Okay, guy.

Lol hes not, let’s not try to convince ourselves we can get another him (like we did with Jaylen Waddle) 

w.e let’s just hope we get him back 

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I imagine we're being negative recruited by the usual suspects: Fat Gary, Lincoln Cryley, Jimbo, et al. They hate us more than they love themselves.

I mean, it makes a lot of practical sense for Gary and Lincoln to recruit him out of their conference. The emotional high is just a fun bonus for Fat Pat.

Edited by texifornia
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, TenCarryTom said:

If he ends up at Georgia I’m going to lose my shit. They drop bags on kids left and right and everyone knows but the NCAA doesn’t care at all. 

I feel like Georgia and Alabama are the two schools that he was hinting at to one of those 995ers. Wouldn't be surprised if he got a decommitment bag.

• Hook 'Em 1

This sucks but not all that surprising. He's repeated this whole "I'm different because I haven't taken visits" thing multiple times while saying he still plans to take visits and consider other schools. Considering his initial shutting down of the process and immediate reversal, this is clearly a recruitment that is going to have a lot of swings before NSD. 

The real questions are 1. Why commit in the first place and 2. Why decommit now before taking any of those visits. I would guess Saban and Co finally negative recruited us hard enough to have him open it up

Nahlin

Somebody hurry up and take this keyboard away from me. With the unfortunate, though maybe not shocking, Evan Stewart development, it’s clear UT will need to A) recruit him through the whistle, and B) plan like he won’t be in the class. Does this predicament open the door for Klein Cain’s Matthew Golden? Golden, the teammate of Texas commit Jaydon Blue, is already running in the 10.9 100 meter range this track season. No, he’s not Stewart as an athlete, but he is fast, has natural hands, and understands how to play the position.

Texas could also look to Rockwall-Heath’s Jay Fair, though the Aggies and some others have a big head start. Then, there’s also Gladewater’s DJ Allen. He’s on the shorter side, but he can run. In addition to continuing to recruit Stewart, what move would you like to see Texas make? Staying the course is also an option but there is work to be done on similar fits like Kevin Coleman, Brennan Thompson, and Caleb Burton.

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, maninblack said:

We were going to have to recruit Stewart all the way to signing day anyway. I don't think this really changes our effort with him materially but it does mean he won't be recruiting for us between now and when he recommits.

He made a comment a couple days ago that he was only helping recruit Allen and that his "work" was done after Allen made it official.

I don't think he was actively recruiting for us at this point - in hindsight, that comment should have been an indicator that he was only a passive participant in the 2022 class

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, satyanash said:

What is Wells alluding to here re: Allen?

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

He made a comment a couple days ago that he was only helping recruit Allen and that his "work" was done after Allen made it official.

I don't think he was actively recruiting for us at this point - in hindsight, that comment should have been an indicator that he was only a passive participant in the 2022 class

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

John Burt. Reuben Foster. I'm sure there are more but it's rare for sure. 

Leon O'Neal and Trey Sanders recently come to mind

This cycle is unique though and I'm not sure if past patterns are useful 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Fud said:

This cycle is unique though and I'm not sure if past patterns are useful 

I tend to believe they're not as useful. If it was Herman then we would've had no chance. Sark and crew are much better suited to handle these things and if we start hanging big numbers on teams this fall I'm sure we'll all be smiling.

• Hook 'Em 1

I really wish y’all would stop with that “Tom Herman”. “We can get someone else better, we don’t need you” attitude

It’s sooo tiring 😒.

I hope Sark lives up to the “all gas no brakes” and floors it to get Evans back

Edited by D3zii
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Reggie Hemphill?

what ever happened to him, i think he ended up at Missouri Southern State? but can't find any stats there

https://www.instagram.com/mav_nation5/tagged/?hl=en

has to be the worst transfer decision i can remember when it comes to leaving Texas.

Texas  --> Trinity Valley CC --> Syracuse? --> Missouri Southern State

Edited by NoName

9 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I tend to believe they're not as useful. If it was Herman then we would've had no chance. Sark and crew are much better suited to handle these things and if we start hanging big numbers on teams this fall I'm sure we'll all be smiling.

If our skill guys put up the same numbers that Bama's guys did we will be fine

Yeah this cycle is going to be different but it would have been better if he had just stayed a soft-commit that was planning on taking visits or never committed in the first place so we didn't have to go through this Notes App de-commitment thing on every recruits twitter timeline. 

Fuck it, once we get a chance to play some real football it won't matter. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting