Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What he was saying, sarcastically, was that those people are rock-headed fucking morons. This is one of those “that’s the joke” gif scenarios for you.

I’m not sure who your are, but (most of the) guys who frequent this board understand the nuances of recruiting and that a commit of any kind isn’t final until they hit campus. But thanks for showing up and condescendingly lecturing two guys who have posted here regularly here for years. Clearly, whoever you are, have it all figured out and those two regular contributors are just stupid rubes. Perhaps we can point you towards the football board where you can go and enlighten actual retarded peasants. Just follow the posts of MarkStanco and you should find it without issue. 

It's just conversation, not lecturing or personal shots haha. No reason for you to take comments so personally and get your panties in a wad.

11 minutes ago, Houston20 said:

It's just conversation, not lecturing or personal shots haha. No reason for you to take comments so personally and get your panties in a wad.

Lol. Like you showing up and having to explain the value of a silent commit to people, and then double down on it when multiple posters responded with the equivalent of “no shit, Sherlock?” No bunched up panties there, clearly. Maybe go back to lurking until you can read the  room better, or as I said, the football board seems like a good fit for you. They probably don’t find people who end sentences with “haha” to be completely retarded. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Houston20 said:

No reason for you to take comments so personally and get your panties in a wad.

Have you ever stopped to consider underwear in the abstract? When you really dig into it, some shocking problems are raised. Underwear is something   
we all have to deal with.

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol. Like you showing up and having to explain the value of a silent commit to people, and then double down on it when multiple posters responded with the equivalent of “no shit, Sherlock?” No bunched up panties there, clearly. Maybe go back to lurking until you can read the  room better, or as I said, the football board seems like a good fit for you. They probably don’t find people who end sentences with “haha” to be completely retarded. 

Then take the stick out of your ass, haha. Any maybe check your blood pressure too. You obviously took my comments personally, not that I care, about me giving my opinion on the topic of silents. Probably should take a Xanax and get back to talking about recruiting, but what does someone who hasn't been posting for years know, right? Hookem

50 minutes ago, Houston20 said:

Then take the stick out of your ass, haha. Any maybe check your blood pressure too. You obviously took my comments personally, not that I care, about me giving my opinion on the topic of silents. Probably should take a Xanax and get back to talking about recruiting, but what does someone who hasn't been posting for years know, right? Hookem

Shut the fuck up so I can continue to lurk in silence. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Askew said:

You're not a realist, you're a whiny halfwit. Even worse, you're lazy. 

Since giving an informed opinion is too difficult for you, I'm going to have to take some of my life attempting to fill your black hole of ignorance. As TARS can probably tell you better than me, trying to fill a black hole is a complete waste of time. That's an Interstellar joke, try to keep up. 

Anywho...can you tell me the first kid to commit to Herman? I'll assume not. That would be Byron Vaughns on April 7, 2017.  Can you tell me what Herman's class looked like on April 25, 2017 (at which point new coaches worth their salt are experiencing an astounding level of momentum)? Casey Thompson, Cam Rising, Reese Moore, Byron Vaughns.That's good for a .90 average. Highest rated guy wouldn't even break the top-5 in our current class. 2nd-highest rated guy would only beat out 3-star Trevell Johnson.

Earthshattering levels of momentum for Mensa. 

If you want to argue it's better to have a shitty class (as then-rated) all commit in April, rather than a good class all commit in February, be my guest, but that's a dumb argument. 

Goddamn. Salty as fuck. I like it. And he's not wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TexasEx said:

Goddamn. Salty as fuck. I like it. And he's not wrong. 

If surly were a restaurant, every dish would be served with a giant pile of salt right on top of it, like a fuck you from the chef.  Then the waiter would finish it tableside with more salt.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What’s the story on this guy? Is he a elite bag man? 

Apparently he used to be the “GM” for the Bootleggers, Louisiana’s all star 7 on 7 team, and is close to most of the kids currently in that team’s system. LSU is making sure they maintain their in-state commits in case there’s a coaching change and Bama, Georgia, etc come trying to flip their in-state kids 

I’m amazed at how people don’t apply common sense to the idea of bag men. “Is he an elite bag man?” 

do people think these guys are just independently wealthy and move as mercenaries from random school to random school to secure them players? With their own money? Yeah, the money has to come from an established network of alumni, funneled to a guy, who then delivers it. Those networks don’t travel from school to school with the hire. 

All these guys need to do is have good relationships with players (jay valai) and a willingness to get some kids or trainers paid. The framework of money and the network should exist independent of them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m amazed at how people don’t apply common sense to the idea of bag men. “Is he an elite bag man?” 

do people think these guys are just independently wealthy and move as mercenaries from random school to random school to secure them players? With their own money? Yeah, the money has to come from an established network of alumni, funneled to a guy, who then delivers it. Those networks don’t travel from school to school with the hire. 

All these guys need to do is have good relationships with players (jay valai) and a willingness to get some kids or trainers paid. The framework of money and the network should exist independent of them. 

So he is or isn’t an elite bag man? 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Pretty sure @closetojumping said we had silents from Matthews, Anderson, and Banks a while back.  Maybe I forgot one, but I remember him mentioning those three.

12 hours ago, Houston20 said:

A silent “commit” is not a commitment period. That has the same significance as saying we lead for someone. It doesn’t mean shit unless they go public. 

12 hours ago, Houston20 said:

Yeah people are always assuming that because a kid is a silent, it’s shut down and shocked when they choose someone else, smartass

The last few pages exemplify the fruitless nature of discussing “silent commits” at all. Half of them wind up elsewhere and for a class in which players haven’t even met UT coaches in person yet, naming them doesn’t even qualify as futile. But, hey, IT and 247 $9.95ers were discussing it and people here wanted to know, so here we are. 

No clue if either Banks or Anderson are still “silents”, in any event. 

• Hook 'Em 1

(Mike Roach) The Stampede: Post-spring buzz on several priority Texas targets

Spoiler

— If anyone had any worries about where things stand with Maalik Murphy and Texas, go ahead and put them away now. The big west coast passer was one of the most popular guys in the stands as fans lined up to take pictures. Murphy is now looking forward to his official visit coming in June and working on recruiting more guys to join him. Murphy was working the phones during the game and talking with several of the recruits who were there. He spent Saturday evening with Connor Robertson. Murphy is set to enroll early and is anxious to get through his senior year and make the move to Texas. Murphy said he wants to get back in the fall and see a game or two, but he really wants to get back as often as possible to help recruit others when they are on their official visits.

— One of the guys he’s trying to bring with him is Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei wide receiver CJ Williams. The four-star prospect has Texas among his top schools and will visit Austin with Murphy in June. Previously, Notre Dame and Alabama held a lot of buzz in this recruitment. While the Fighting Irish haven’t faded completely, the noise around Notre Dame and Williams hasn’t been quite as loud lately. One source I spoke to felt this race could come down to Texas and Alabama where his father went to school. Visits will probably do be the biggest factor in creating some separation between programs. I still feel Notre Dame and Alabama are the two biggest threats to stop Texas from getting Williams.

— One other player with ties to Murphy is Mission Hills (Calif.) Bishop Alemany linebacker Niuafe Tuihalamaka. In checking with sources near him, I continue to hear that this could come down to a race between Notre Dame and Texas for his services. At the moment, I think the Fighting Irish hold the slight advantage but I was told this race won’t really heat up until Tuihalamaka takes some visits and sees some schools for himself during the process.

— One other linebacker to keep an eye on is Evanston (IL.) Township linebacker Sebastian Cheeks. The four-star prospect is excited to see Austin this summer on an official visit along with North Carolina. Michigan will also get a visit and should be considered the prohibitive favorite at the moment. Previously, it sounded like Notre Dame would also be a big factor there, but as of late, I’ve heard that things aren’t quite as hot with the Irish. If Notre Dame drops in the race, that likely vaults Texas into the second position going into summer visits. One source told me that if Cheeks just decides to leave home, Texas would likely be the pick.

— There are a lot of questions as to who the first offensive line commit could be for Texas. While we’ve talked about guys like Connor Robertson making a decision early, but there is a big push at the moment to close the deal with Kelvin Banks. The four-star offensive lineman from Humble Summer Creek is a priority target, and sources in Austin feel good about where things stand at the moment. As of late, there has been a push to land him as the Longhorns are looking to make a statement and get things rolling at the position with a commitment. Banks won’t decide until he takes his visits, and Texas A&M is the chief competition. Still, sources I speak with are bullish on the Longhorns right now with that confidence growing by the day. I’ll see Banks this week to find out more.

— Denver Harris made it to Austin and took in the spring game with his former defensive back coach Theadis Reagins. Reagins began coaching Harris at North Shore a year after leaving Houston Lamar coaching Anthony Cook and D’Shawn Jamison. Needless to say, the Jamison pick-six was a big hit with that group. I spoke to a source close to Harris who said he was considering not taking an official visit to any in-state schools, but he does love Austin so the Longhorns could get a trip after all. It’s not uncommon for players to talk about not taking local officials only to do so. Texas is pulling out all of the stops to get through to Harris, but he’s tough to read. One source I spoke with said that his quiet nature presents some challenges for the coaches recruiting him. I’ll be in Houston this week where I will work on getting more info on where things stand with Harris.

— I talked to a source this weekend regarding five-star wide receiver Kevin Coleman. I still think this race comes down to Texas and Alabama, but Arizona State is creating some significant buzz based on what I’ve heard. The Sun Devils have been in on a few big-name recruitments this year and are starting to establish themselves as big-game hunters in some respects. Coleman has plans to take his recruitment to the end of the year, so visits and the fall season will both play a big role in how things shake out for him. As mentioned above, Texas can definitely pitch immediate playing time in Austin for receivers with his type of skillset.

— There’s still a lot of confidence in Texas landing Austin Westlake offensive lineman Connor Robertson, but Stanford still looms large as well. The business school at both colleges will play a big part, and it sounds like Robertson is looking to be admitted as a freshman. Robertson did spend a lot of time with Maalik Murphy after the game on Saturday, and I’m sure he got the full court press from the Texas quarterback commit.

— It sounds like the weekend was a definite success for Phoenix (Az.) Brophy Prep defensive lineman Zac Swanson. As I mentioned before the weekend started, there was some thought that this trip was essential to check the boxes and push things over the finish line for the Horns, and I don’t think anything changed after his visit. As I said, on Friday, I think this commitment could go down sooner rather than later and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him join the class in the next few weeks.

— It sounds like the weekend was a definite success for Phoenix (Az.) Brophy Prep defensive lineman Zac Swanson. As I mentioned before the weekend started, there was some thought that this trip was essential to check the boxes and push things over the finish line for the Horns, and I don’t think anything changed after his visit. As I said, on Friday, I think this commitment could go down sooner rather than later and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him join the class in the next few weeks.

Oh nice, guess he signed his LOI.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Machinator said:

(Mike Roach) The Stampede: Post-spring buzz on several priority Texas targets

Hide contents

— If anyone had any worries about where things stand with Maalik Murphy and Texas, go ahead and put them away now. The big west coast passer was one of the most popular guys in the stands as fans lined up to take pictures. Murphy is now looking forward to his official visit coming in June and working on recruiting more guys to join him. Murphy was working the phones during the game and talking with several of the recruits who were there. He spent Saturday evening with Connor Robertson. Murphy is set to enroll early and is anxious to get through his senior year and make the move to Texas. Murphy said he wants to get back in the fall and see a game or two, but he really wants to get back as often as possible to help recruit others when they are on their official visits.

— One of the guys he’s trying to bring with him is Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei wide receiver CJ Williams. The four-star prospect has Texas among his top schools and will visit Austin with Murphy in June. Previously, Notre Dame and Alabama held a lot of buzz in this recruitment. While the Fighting Irish haven’t faded completely, the noise around Notre Dame and Williams hasn’t been quite as loud lately. One source I spoke to felt this race could come down to Texas and Alabama where his father went to school. Visits will probably do be the biggest factor in creating some separation between programs. I still feel Notre Dame and Alabama are the two biggest threats to stop Texas from getting Williams.

— One other player with ties to Murphy is Mission Hills (Calif.) Bishop Alemany linebacker Niuafe Tuihalamaka. In checking with sources near him, I continue to hear that this could come down to a race between Notre Dame and Texas for his services. At the moment, I think the Fighting Irish hold the slight advantage but I was told this race won’t really heat up until Tuihalamaka takes some visits and sees some schools for himself during the process.

— One other linebacker to keep an eye on is Evanston (IL.) Township linebacker Sebastian Cheeks. The four-star prospect is excited to see Austin this summer on an official visit along with North Carolina. Michigan will also get a visit and should be considered the prohibitive favorite at the moment. Previously, it sounded like Notre Dame would also be a big factor there, but as of late, I’ve heard that things aren’t quite as hot with the Irish. If Notre Dame drops in the race, that likely vaults Texas into the second position going into summer visits. One source told me that if Cheeks just decides to leave home, Texas would likely be the pick.

— There are a lot of questions as to who the first offensive line commit could be for Texas. While we’ve talked about guys like Connor Robertson making a decision early, but there is a big push at the moment to close the deal with Kelvin Banks. The four-star offensive lineman from Humble Summer Creek is a priority target, and sources in Austin feel good about where things stand at the moment. As of late, there has been a push to land him as the Longhorns are looking to make a statement and get things rolling at the position with a commitment. Banks won’t decide until he takes his visits, and Texas A&M is the chief competition. Still, sources I speak with are bullish on the Longhorns right now with that confidence growing by the day. I’ll see Banks this week to find out more.

— Denver Harris made it to Austin and took in the spring game with his former defensive back coach Theadis Reagins. Reagins began coaching Harris at North Shore a year after leaving Houston Lamar coaching Anthony Cook and D’Shawn Jamison. Needless to say, the Jamison pick-six was a big hit with that group. I spoke to a source close to Harris who said he was considering not taking an official visit to any in-state schools, but he does love Austin so the Longhorns could get a trip after all. It’s not uncommon for players to talk about not taking local officials only to do so. Texas is pulling out all of the stops to get through to Harris, but he’s tough to read. One source I spoke with said that his quiet nature presents some challenges for the coaches recruiting him. I’ll be in Houston this week where I will work on getting more info on where things stand with Harris.

— I talked to a source this weekend regarding five-star wide receiver Kevin Coleman. I still think this race comes down to Texas and Alabama, but Arizona State is creating some significant buzz based on what I’ve heard. The Sun Devils have been in on a few big-name recruitments this year and are starting to establish themselves as big-game hunters in some respects. Coleman has plans to take his recruitment to the end of the year, so visits and the fall season will both play a big role in how things shake out for him. As mentioned above, Texas can definitely pitch immediate playing time in Austin for receivers with his type of skillset.

— There’s still a lot of confidence in Texas landing Austin Westlake offensive lineman Connor Robertson, but Stanford still looms large as well. The business school at both colleges will play a big part, and it sounds like Robertson is looking to be admitted as a freshman. Robertson did spend a lot of time with Maalik Murphy after the game on Saturday, and I’m sure he got the full court press from the Texas quarterback commit.

Christ. I'm so bored I'm reading Roach now.

-Regarding the comments on Robertson, does Stanford even have an undergraduate business school? 

-I will be shocked if Texas is one of two finalists for Coleman.

-I will be shocked if Alabama is a finalist for CJ Williams.

-Someone needs to start asking the $9.95ers about how solid Murphy will be if Texas gets Ewers to flip.

-Let's see if Tuihalamaka visits before we start calling it a two-horse race, Roach.

13 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy posters going to run to Perroni with that Banks info from Roach and Perroni will reply with his usual "I have my pick on Banks to aggy for a reason"

The write-up on Banks is a quintessential example of why silent commits are worthless. They let him wait to declare something, now they want him to declare something, and now it doesn't appear as though he's going to declare something. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting