Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

41 minutes ago, Getafix said:

— I stopped by Southlake Carroll today as part of my spring visits. Riley Dodge has always been good to me and the Dragons always have talent, so it's a regular stop for me. While there I did some checking around on where things stand with Quinn Ewers and Texas. As of right now, it seems like there's nothing to see there. I asked around and talked to a few different sources who said that Ewers pretty much cut off communication with other programs outside of Ohio State. As I've said in the past few weeks sentences, I don't think there's much to see here.

FIFM@N

50 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Mike at night

Reveal hidden contents

— I stopped by Southlake Carroll today as part of my spring visits. Riley Dodge has always been good to me and the Dragons always have talent, so it's a regular stop for me. While there I did some checking around on where things stand with Quinn Ewers and Texas. As of right now, it seems like there's nothing to see there. I asked around and talked to a few different sources who said that Ewers pretty much cut off communication with other programs outside of Ohio State. As I've said in the past few weeks, I don't think there's much to see here.

— I do think Texas should look at Carroll wide receiver Landon Samson and WR/TE RJ Maryland. Samson is the main deep threat for Carroll, but he has so much more to his game. At around 6-feet, Samson has some athletic juice and great ball-winning ability. He's also a great weapon on quick screen passes. Samson just has a great overall feel for the position. Maryland could fit among the project tight ends in the state the Longhorns have been looking at. He's probably the most dynamic of that group and has the frame to add on additional weight.

FAEC5BF2-A111-4C88-A143-22A394248E93.gif

IMG OL Aliou Bah's final six are Texas, Texas A&M, OU, PSU, FSU, and UF. I'm not sure if he's actually a priority for any of Texas, A&M, or OU, but it'll be interesting to see if any of those three push

For you anti-CJ Williams guys

Suchomel- 

Spoiler

Per Mike Singer at the Rivals Notre Dame site, WR CJ Williams has changed up his visit plans. The Mater Dei standout had three trips scheduled to Texas, Ohio State and Notre Dame but he has now decided to run track following his spring football season, and his track schedule conflicts with the Texas and Ohio State visits. As of now, he only has the Notre Dame visit still on the schedule for June.

Williams now plans to take his UT and Ohio State OVs in the fall, and he's pushing his decision timeline back a bit so he can get those visits in. In addition to those official visits, he'll take unofficial visits to places like USC, Stanford, and UCLA.

Texas is obviously still very much within striking distance on this one, but it looks like things will play out a bit longer than originally expected.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Fud said:

For you anti-CJ Williams guys

Suchomel- 

Reveal hidden contents

Per Mike Singer at the Rivals Notre Dame site, WR CJ Williams has changed up his visit plans. The Mater Dei standout had three trips scheduled to Texas, Ohio State and Notre Dame but he has now decided to run track following his spring football season, and his track schedule conflicts with the Texas and Ohio State visits. As of now, he only has the Notre Dame visit still on the schedule for June.

Williams now plans to take his UT and Ohio State OVs in the fall, and he's pushing his decision timeline back a bit so he can get those visits in. In addition to those official visits, he'll take unofficial visits to places like USC, Stanford, and UCLA.

Texas is obviously still very much within striking distance on this one, but it looks like things will play out a bit longer than originally expected.

It’ll be interesting to see his track times at least. Hopefully he runs individual and not just relay. 

34 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It’ll be interesting to see his track times at least. Hopefully he runs individual and not just relay. 

Don't think he's fast enough for relays at Mater Dei 

SIAP

(Greg Biggins) Four-Star ATH Arlis Boardingham locks in official visit No. 1

Spoiler

Van Nuys (Calif.) Birmingham junior athlete Arlis Boardingham locked in his first official visit to Texas earlier today.

Texas offered Boardingham back in February and have been one of the schools pushing hardest for the talented two-way standout. Texas assistant coach Jeff Banks is the lead recruiter here and the Horns offered Boardingham as a hybrid wide receiver/ tight end. 

"I'll be going out there June 24,"Boardingham said. "I've been talking to Texas about setting up a visit and I'm excited to get out there. This is the only one I've set up so far although I'm talking with Arizona State about a visit too.

"Texas sees me being able to play that flex position and I think it's a good fit for me. I have a good relationship with coach Banks and they have been recruiting me really hard. They're recruiting the area really hard so I'm interested in getting out there and seeing how I like it."

Boardingham saw his stock really soar this past off-season after shining at several camps and showcases. We had a chance to see him twice last November at a pair of big national events in the SoCal area and he flashed at both. 

At the National Preps Showcase, he earned Offensive MVP honors and looked very good running routes and catching the football. At 6-3.5, 235 pounds, Boardingham has a frame that reminds us of former NFL tight end Vernon Davis.

For his size, Boardingham runs well and has made positive strides as a route runner and being more of a natural pass catcher. You love the positional versatility and although a lot of schools like him as a receiver right now, we think he’ll eventually grow in to a tight end and be an absolute matchup nightmare.

At the Stack Sports Showcase (formerly The Opening), Boardingham not only had the best testing Rating in the camp at 116.43, it was the highest Rating at any of the five Showcase events throughout the country. He clocked a 4.71-40, 4.53 shuttle and jumped 36” in the vertical.

He's been very impressive this spring during the California shortened season and is also one of the state's top track athletes. Along with the Longhorns,  Boardingham also holds offers from Arizona State, Boston College, Colorado, Duke,Fresno State, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Notre Dame, Oregon State and Washington. 

23 hours ago, victory88 said:

Dewberry to aggy is one of the worst kept secrets.  Better believe they dropped a bag for him just like they did with Kenyon Green.  The fact that we aren't getting an official visit should be a very good indicator.  I hope this new staff doesn't repeat the mistake the last staff did with chasing prospects that have no intentions of coming here.  Give me Banks, Campbell, Robertson and Hutson and we'll all be happy.

Dewberry is definitely in play for Texas. I do think he would prefer to stay close to home and it will come down to Texas vs aggy, but he's linked to aggy mainly from his relationship to Green (don't forget Cosmi also went to same HS). He's shown a lot of love for Texas, especially since Sark/Flood took over. I think if he sees improvement when he officials in the fall Texas will be the choice.

He had stated previously that he wanted to make a decision the summer prior to his senior season. Now whether because of the pandemic or fact that Sark is now coaching Texas he looks like he's holding off pulling the trigger.  That to me says he's certainly not sold on aggy.

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Biggins also had this to say

Hide contents

Arlis will visit at the end of June and I think Texas is in a good spot right now. I would put them no worst then in his top 2 along with Arizona State at the moment.

Good work!

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Dewberry is definitely in play for Texas. I do think he would prefer to stay close to home and it will come down to Texas vs aggy, but he's linked to aggy mainly from his relationship to Green (don't forget Cosmi also went to same HS). He's shown a lot of love for Texas, especially since Sark/Flood took over. I think if he sees improvement when he officials in the fall Texas will be the choice.

He had stated previously that he wanted to make a decision the summer prior to his senior season. Now whether because of the pandemic or fact that Sark is now coaching Texas he looks like he's holding off pulling the trigger.  That to me says he's certainly not sold on aggy.

Being affiliated with Kenyon Green's crew is ... not good. Kenyon Green's dad is the only guy I've ever heard of that tried to get the high school all-star games to bid against one another via appearance fee in order for Green to play in their game. It allegedly didn't work out, but the greedy fucker gave it a shot. He also may or may not be a pimp, but he definitely dresses like one and walks around with a pimp cane and, allegedly, the affected pimp limp. I'd love to meet this fucking guy, honestly. 

So, will Texas deal with that type? Sure, who knows. That type seems to have a way of gravitating towards ATM and LSU historically though.

55 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He also may or may not be a pimp, but he definitely dresses like one and walks around with a pimp cane and, allegedly, the affected pimp limp. I'd love to meet this fucking guy, honestly. 

Just because he's dressed that way, it does not make him a pimp, which is confusing.  He is however wearing a pimp's outfit.  - Dave Chappelle probably

(Nick Harris) Multiple Texas commits and targets to compete in state track meet this weekend in Austin

Spoiler

One of the more entertaining high school sporting events in the state of Texas returns to Mike A. Myers Stadium this weekend as hundreds of the state's best athletes will compete at the state track meet in Austin one year after losing their track season due to the COVID-19 shutdown.

The meet will begin on Thursday with 3A and 4A before Friday's action features 2A and 5A and Saturday features 1A and 6A.

With Steve Sarkisian's staff putting an emphasis on recruiting players with speed and athletic ability, it's no surprise that multiple Texas targets and commits will be in action this weekend to compete for state titles. Let's take a look at each commit/target that will be in action:

Brenen Thompson, Wide Receiver, Spearman (2022)

When Brenen Thompson first blew up on the recruiting trail last spring, it was a result of a blazing 100-meter time that still stands as his personal record, 10.32, so it should be no surprise that Thompson will be competing for multiple state championships on Thursday. Thompson will be competing in the 100-meter and 200-meter competitions as he looks to sweep the state in 3A for the sprinting events. This will be Thompson's first time in Austin as a recruit as he will get an opportunity to see the track facilities up close while also taking in the city of Austin.

Jarred Kerr, Athlete, Lexington (2022)

Jarred Kerr will help kick off the festivities on Thursday morning in the very first event of the weekend as he will compete for the long jump state championship in 3A. Kerr's recruitment has remained relatively wide-open with Texas, Oklahoma, Baylor and Texas A&M all competing for his commitment.

Evan Stewart, Wide Receiver, Frisco Liberty (2022)

Surprise: one of Texas' biggest targets in the 2022 class, Evan Stewart, will be in action this weekend. Stewart will be competing in four events as he will look to secure state championships in the long jump, triple jump, 4x100-meter relay and 4x200-meter relay events on Friday. This weekend will serve as an opportunity for Stewart to see Texas before his official visit on June 18-20.

Kristopher Ross, Defensive Tackle, North Shore (2022)

North Shore's Kris Ross will be the only 2022 commit in action this weekend as he will look to secure a state championship in the 6A shot put event. He will have some stiff competition as he will be facing off against 2021 Texas A&M signee and projected future Olympian Bryce Foster in the event. It will be Ross' first time in Austin as a commit before circling back for an official visit in June.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Being affiliated with Kenyon Green's crew is ... not good. Kenyon Green's dad is the only guy I've ever heard of that tried to get the high school all-star games to bid against one another via appearance fee in order for Green to play in their game. It allegedly didn't work out, but the greedy fucker gave it a shot. He also may or may not be a pimp, but he definitely dresses like one and walks around with a pimp cane and, allegedly, the affected pimp limp. I'd love to meet this fucking guy, honestly. 

So, will Texas deal with that type? Sure, who knows. That type seems to have a way of gravitating towards ATM and LSU historically though.

Do we think "that type" may possibly consider gravitating towards the good guys, now that we have Banks + Monkey Gia on staff?

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

I’m 6’2” and could dunk in high school. I don’t care if you are fat or not, if you are 6’6”, you damned sure better be able to fucking dunk at 17.  

Word on Williams is that Texas is late to the party for him, but he does like the school and there’s a vague shot. He could be a big time player in college so I hope they stay on him and I hope he stays off the donuts and frappuccinos. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting