Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Mike at Night: Riding the waves of visit season

Spoiler

— Any time targets take visits to other schools there will be moments of anxiety. We saw that over the weekend as the Longhorns saw some of the highest-rated targets on the board head to different campuses and out of their reach. On the flipside, other schools saw their targets head to Austin and have a great time as well. It comes with the territory of recruitment and is definitely part of what makes fans of the industry so excited and anxious at the same time. That feeling is intensified with the state of the world over the last year and the return of in-person visits. It's been drinking from a firehose for everyone included, but I thought I'd take a look at a couple of the visits that went elsewhere. This is what recruiting is at the highest level. It's especially difficult if you haven't had sustained success in a decade. The ups and downs aren't for everyone, but they are definitely part of the business.

— Let's start with Bryce Anderson. This is probably the weekend where I thought things changed most in recruitment. Texas has been running out in front for the Golden Triangle prospect for a long time, but while having a fish on the line is one thing, getting a fish in the boat is quite another. While Alabama has been looked at as perhaps the biggest obstacle for Texas, it was silly for anyone to count the Aggies out of the race. Texas A&M has been one of the longstanding pillars in his recruitment before his original commitment to LSU, and the Aggies traditionally do well in that area of the state. It's also not a surprise the Texas A&M visit went well. The Aggies have some of the best facilities in the country and an experienced staff full of strong recruiters. Jimbo Fisher didn't get to where he is for no reason. This race is one that went from a big lead to a smaller one. I think Texas A&M closed the gap but I'm not sure Texas trails anyone at this point. The Longhorns have been in the power position for too long with a visit still in hand. That is unless Beaumont Westbrook qualifies for the State 7-on-7 tournament this weekend in their final qualifier. Anderson told me yesterday that if they do go to state he wouldn't be able to make the Texas visit. I'm not sure if it would be re-scheduled or anything, but he's definitely planning on playing with his teammates if they go. Reading the post-visit mood is always tough, but the Longhorns need to ride the wave and stay the course.

— Kelvin Banks had a very strong visit to LSU over the weekend. While it's seemed to come as a shock to some that the Tigers are gathering momentum in that recruitment, we've been pointing to the Tigers as a very real threat for a while. Like Texas A&M, the Tigers know how to host a weekend that can generate some excitement and it didn't hurt that they made a splash hire on the offensive line right before the visit started. While some of this could be that post-visit buzz, I've always looked at LSU as a legitimate contender for Banks along with Texas A&M and Texas. A source I spoke with in Austin said they knew this surge would be coming, and they are prepared to ride this wave as well. The Tigers will have to sweat out visits to Austin and College Station and Oregon will get their shot as well.

— There wasn't a ton of buzz coming out of Evan Stewart's official trip to Florida, but it is important to note that he's a social media master and every visit will look like the best time he's ever had. This recruitment likely won't be over until signing day, so don't ride the rollercoaster on this one.

— It should be noted that Texas put its opponents in the same position with a few guys this weekend as well. In what looked like a runaway victory for the Irish, Notre Dame is likely sweating where things are with Niuafe Tuihalamaka. The Texas trip eliminated the Aggies from Derrick Brown's recruitment along with a few other factors. Their visit weekend made it more difficult for anyone recruiting Jeremy Patton, and they put themselves in a very strong position for TreVonte' Citizen and De'Anthony Gatson. It should also be noted that the next two weekends in Austin are going to generate a lot of buzz for the size of the groups and the star power on campus. While other schools led off with that, Texas will benefit from the press in the next few weeks.

— The bottom line is, much of this is about leaving a lasting impression. Post-visit highs are a big thing and no school is immune to them. It's why I've been hesitant to move on a Crystal Ball prediction for Brown at this time until I can read if the buzz wore off. It's fun to get wrapped up in the storylines and ebbs and flows of recruiting, but remember that this is a marathon and not a sprint.

10 hours ago, tokamak said:

Yeah I don't understand the difference between CTJ's #3 and #4. Seems like there's only 3 options:

1. play the game balls deep
  2. play the game but be cool about it
  3. don't play the game

Regarding NIL, maybe I just fundamentally don't understand what it is, but I think recruits are being sold a bill of goods there. Not just by us, but by everyone. Starting QBs will do well, plus maybe star WRs, RBs, and DBs. But ain't nobody going to be lining up to pay OL for their likeness or cast 2nd string sophomore DL in HEB ads (when they're open). Am I a dunce and it's actually just a (wink, wink) way to funnel otherwise shady money to players on the team? Like Big Red Autos or whatever OU was doing, but in a gray area instead of strictly forbidden?

Yes. You are being a dunce. It’s a way for friends of the program and people who want to be friends of the program to funnel money to kids more or less legally. 
also- it shifts the tax burden from the rich booster to the less rich football player- which is funny on some level in a careful what you wish for kind of way. 

I talked to a friend today about this past weekend and the next few coming up. He’s not a Texas guy but he’s in on all of it. We talked Arch, ATM, LSU, Bama, Texas, Keynote George, Beard, Sarkisian, and a bunch of 2022 and 2023 guys. Bear Alexander’s recruitment, you name it. Not once did either of us even mention Ewers. That dude is gone unless he shifts gears like right now. 
I don't get why he didnt wait until we announced a new HC, was he really that all in on Tommy Boy? Or maybe anti-Sark for some unknown reason..

We're not getting Ewers. The $9.95ers are just keeping that alive for clicks.
People seem to feel legitimately pretty good about Manning. Apparently the family likes Sark a lot. Let's be realistic, though - there's at least 18 months left until he can sign, and all the national powerhouses will be recruiting him. If someone told me that we had like a 25% shot at this juncture, I'd feel pretty good about that.
I think they like Dabo as well, but idk who Clemson has in mind in the same class..

9 minutes ago, ousux said:
23 hours ago, closetojumping said:
I talked to a friend today about this past weekend and the next few coming up. He’s not a Texas guy but he’s in on all of it. We talked Arch, ATM, LSU, Bama, Texas, Keynote George, Beard, Sarkisian, and a bunch of 2022 and 2023 guys. Bear Alexander’s recruitment, you name it. Not once did either of us even mention Ewers. That dude is gone unless he shifts gears like right now. 

I don't get why he didnt wait until we announced a new HC, was he really that all in on Tommy Boy? Or maybe anti-Sark for some unknown reason..

Yep, he needs to learn from my example. When I was his age, I never made quick, emotion-filled, irrational decisions. 

9 hours ago, Mason Ramsey said:

It was in the SEZ side that got torn down. Not sure why we don't have a better setup in the meantime. I personally was a fan of the shots we had in the UT Athletics HOF

No kidding. I could literally rebuild that old LED set with individually addressable color-changing bulbs for less than $1000. 

I see aggy made a big ass championship ring for 1939 and two fake big ass rings for 1919 and 1927.  
Good eye, and I bet a months pay they put the dates in tiny numbers hoping recruits wont notice even their grandparents werent alive yet to see those..

Manning is going to be a slugfest, but fortunately I highly doubt that bags will be a deciding factor in the recruitment. That negates the SEC draw to an extent. I am concerned that BlowU gets into this one, Clemson, and maybe a USC as legitimate threats. 
Any school trying the bag game with Manning will be insulting all of them, I hope our biggest competition is that dumb and tone deaf..

I think Clemson is the only true competition with us at the moment, (especially if Helton is still at USC and they dont get in the CFB playoffs) but doubt they are that stupid.

Texas was swirling down the toilet and an NFL factory came a calling. Sark wasn’t even a thing until 3 months later.

We’re talking a 17y/o with a sick ass mullet. Patience.

19 hours ago, Fud said:

They are. As is tOSU. And now Bama is recruiting him. 

OU loses in-state priorities from time to time; Josh Proctor, Dax Hill, etc 

Correct.

Apparently, he coveted an OU offer early, didn't get it and was upset. Now it's pretty open as OU is looking to take Dindy + either McClellan or Bledsoe.

17 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Manning is going to be a slugfest, but fortunately I highly doubt that bags will be a deciding factor in the recruitment. That negates the SEC draw to an extent. I am concerned that BlowU gets into this one, Clemson, and maybe a USC as legitimate threats. 

OU is all in on Malachi Nelson from California. He's announcing on Jul 18.

33 minutes ago, quigley said:

Correct.

Apparently, he coveted an OU offer early, didn't get it and was upset. Now it's pretty open as OU is looking to take Dindy + either McClellan or Bledsoe.

Good luck with Dindy. You are going to need it.

Here's what's happened regarding Dindy:

ATM boosters have built the dad a church. They're going to funnel money through there the way Clemson does for recruits they're competing with everyone else for, Dindy being the starting point. 

I realize no one wants to hear that, especially UT and OU fans, but, yeah. That's the word. And for anyone wishing to post articles or snippets about a "prayer college" and wanting to believe that shit is on the up and up, let me know on DM as well, as I've got a pretty prettaaaayyyy good franchise investment strategy to sell you regarding photo booths. BO&W has already bought in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I realize no one wants to hear that, especially UT and OU fans, but, yeah. That's the word. And for anyone wishing to post articles or snippets about a "prayer college" and wanting to believe that shit is on the up and up, let me know on DM as well, as I've got a pretty prettaaaayyyy good franchise investment strategy to sell you regarding photo booths. BO&W has already bought in.

Hey, I knew a guy who got rich putting kids rides into malls. There are worse ideas.

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

ATM boosters have built the dad a church. They're going to funnel money through there the way Clemson does for recruits they're competing with everyone else for, Dindy being the starting point. 

This is the same shit UT boosters tried with Franklin BBQ, but kids these days aren't camping out in line all morning for their bags.

Edited by UncleBuck

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Hey, I knew a guy who got rich putting kids rides into malls. There are worse ideas.

Worse ideas than having to spend Friday and Saturday nights at weddings, reunions, and retirement parties helping drunk people put on masks for 5 hours? Homeboy left out the factoring in of labor, which washes out most of the profit, or he's thinking he'll do it himself, which would lead to worse pay and a worse lifestyle than that of a restaurant night shift manager. 

Putting rides into malls, vending machines networks, automated car washes, automated parking lots/garages, automated laundromats, shit like that? You bet your ass, loop me in if you something like that and need help on capital.

I put a business plan together on an inflatables rental business that included margarita and popcorn machine rentals. That's a far more lucrative approach to the same notion as photo booths. You can afford to pay a foreman to run the crews and handle the cleaning and storage and still do pretty fucking well on a relative side gig if you live in a heavily populated area.

@SydneyCarton and I went through the concept in a bit more depth than I'm proud of, and he did the leg work of reaching out to the top 7 inflateables businesses in the greater Houston area. This is pre-corona, of course. Like 6-7 years ago. Not one of them was interested in selling, which tells you everything. Then, 2 years ago, the fucking business plan, along some other important shit, was stolen, along with my fucking car, out of the valet parking at the DoubleTree on 15th in downtown Austin while the valet guys sat upstairs and smoked. Never stayed at the place again. 

Wait, what were we discussing?

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Worse ideas than having to spend Friday and Saturday nights at weddings, reunions, and retirement parties helping drunk people put on masks for 5 hours? Homeboy left out the factoring in of labor, which washes out most of the profit, or he's thinking he'll do it himself, which would lead to worse pay and a worse lifestyle than that of a restaurant night shift manager. 

Putting rides into malls, vending machines networks, automated car washes, automated parking lots/garages, automated laundromats, shit like that? You bet your ass, loop me in if you something like that and need help on capital.

I put a business plan together on an inflatables rental business that included margarita and popcorn machine rentals. That's a far more lucrative approach to the same notion as photo booths. You can afford to pay a foreman to run the crews and handle the cleaning and storage and still do pretty fucking well on a relative side gig if you live in a heavily populated area.

@SydneyCarton and I went through the concept in a bit more depth than I'm proud of, and he did the leg work of reaching out to the top 7 inflateables businesses in the greater Houston area. This is pre-corona, of course. Like 6-7 years ago. Not one of them was interested in selling, which tells you everything. Then, 2 years ago, the fucking business plan, along some other important shit, was stolen, along with my fucking car, out of the valet parking at the DoubleTree on 15th in downtown Austin while the valet guys sat upstairs and smoked. Never stayed at the place again. 

Hey man, exploit cheap labor!

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Women, I think.

(Gerry Hamilton) IT Recruiting Matters: Yes, Maybe or No

Spoiler

Keeping up with recruiting in the month of June feels like running a 100-meter dash over and over, day after day.

In talking with two parents from the Lone Star State with top targets for the national powers, the recruiting process has instantly gotten incredibly intense. And it’s only June 9th.

Today, Inside Texas is going to play the recruiting game of Yes, Maybe or No as recruitments currently stand. This list doesn’t include commitments.

Yes - Texas has a good shot to win the recruitment. Doesn’t mean the leader of every recruitment currently, but a good shot.

Maybe - Texas is a chance to win the recruitment. Could be a slight lead that is seen as potential to slip, or coming from behind and having a shot to win.

No - Texas is making an effort, but is seen as a long shot.

Yes:
RB Tavorus Jones, El Paso Burges
If Texas pushes on the June 18-20 weekend, this one goes to the Longhorns.

RB DeAnthony Gatson, Newton
Same as Jones.

WR Evan Stewart, Frisco Liberty
Going to be a real battle with SEC programs, but in the “must get” list for Sarkisian and staff.

WR Brenen Thompson, Spearman
Same as Stewart. Viewed the same by the staff. Will be in Austin June 18-20 before heading to College Station June 21-22. Beginning OV at Oklahoma State today. Clemson and Alabama also in the mix.

TE/ATH Arlis Boardingham, Birmingham (CA)
Arizona State is very strong in Southern California behind Antonio Pierce, but Texas can win this recruitment.

OC/G Cole Hutson, Frisco
Visits coming up to Texas, Oklahoma and Texas A&M with the Longhorns in a good spot headed into OV’s.

OG Devon Campbell, Arlington Bowie
A recruitment that will go the distance to December, currently. Staying close to home at end of day is still most likely, which is great news for Texas and Oklahoma.

OT Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek
Texas began June in a very good spot, and now has to withstand the visits to Texas A&M and LSU.

OT Cameron Williams, Duncanville
A good ole fashion Red River battle between Oklahoma and Texas barring a big upset by Oregon or Miami.

EDGE/DE Derrick Brown, Texas High
Brown is dropping a Top 8 briefly. Not sure that many of the eight truly matters at this point.

ILB Jeremy Patton, Tenaha
As long as Alabama and LSU don’t offer, Texas is the favorite.

LB Niuafe Tuihalamaka, Bishop Alemany (CA)
Anytime it’s a two team race at the moment, both teams have a legit shot. Headed into this weekends visit to Notre Dame, that’s where it’s at after a very good trip to Austin.

DB Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook
Texas A&M has nothing left in the kitchen sink. They have prioritized Anderson, and Bryce absolutely understands how coveted he is. Nick Saban will chip away at the Texas A&M momentum June 18-20, and than it will be up to Texas June 25-27 to win out headed into the July 4th announcement.

CB Denver Harris, North Shore
Unless Harris pops up in College Station in the next week, this one comes down to Texas June 18-20 and Alabama June 25-27

Maybe:
RB Jamarion Miller, Tyler Legacy
The fact that Miller is now planning to get to Austin in late June has this shifting from No to Maybe.

WR C.J. Williams, Mater Dei (CA)
Depends on how hard Texas pushes.

WR Jordan Hudson, Garland
The Oklahoma verbal will continue to flirt with Jeff Banks.

TE/OLB Anthony Jones, Liberty (NV)
If he truly wants to play tight end only, Canes feel like the better shot to win out prior to this weekends OV to Texas.

G/C Connor Robertson, Austin Westlake
Official visits to Northwestern, Texas, Stanford and USC this month will decide this recruitment. Likely a Texas vs. Stanford decision.

OT Jacob Sexton, Deer Creek (OK)
Many think a lock to Oklahoma. Alabama took a swing, Texas will take a swing this weekend, and Texas A&M is lurking. Oklahoma State also receives an OV June 16-17.

DT/E Justice Finkley, Hewitt-Trussville (AL)
Stanford, Michigan and Texas can win this recruitment if Nick Saban stays away. Colorado receives an OV this weekend.

DT Bishop Thomas, Bishop Moore (FL)
IT believes Florida State is the favorite, but Texas is chipping away. Making OV to Tennessee this weekend, and FSU June 25-27.

DT Jaray Bledsoe, Bremond
This recruitment is all about hanging around the rim. We shall see how long Texas A&M, Alabama and Oklahoma hang in if this recruitments goes all the way to November/December.

DT K.J. Miles (St. Peters Prep (NJ)
Miles is at Georgia Tech this weekend, and will be Madison and Austin this month.

LB Sebastian Cheeks, Evanston Township (IL)
Made visit to see Mack Brown’s Tar Heels last weekend. Will be in Austin this weekend, but a visit to Notre Dame looms large June 18-20.

LB T.J. Dudley, Montgomery Catholic (AL)
Made OV to Oregon last weekend, will be at UCF this weekend and Texas June 25-27. Alabama and Auburn factor in, still.

DB Austin Jordan, Denton Ryan
Jordan’s recruitment gets real the next three weekends - Ohio State, Oklahoma and Texas.

CB Terrence Brooks, Plano John Paul II
Alabama, Texas, Florida, Oregon and Texas A&M in the fight with Alabama having momentum in recent weeks.

No:
RB TreVonte’ Citizen, Lake Charles Prep (LA)
Competition is LSU and Texas A&M. Texas A&M covets Alabama verbal Le’veon Moss out of the Pelican State, which could help Texas’ cause if LSU doesn’t make a comeback.

WR Shazz Preston, St. James (LA)
Hard to get on board with beating out LSU or Alabama here.

WR Kevin Coleman, St. May’s (MO)
Not happening unless an official visit is set, and momentum shifts away from others.

OG Earnest Greene, St. John Bosco (CA)
Heavy hitters recruitment that will likely go the distance. Ohio State, USC, Alabama, etc…

OT/G Neto Umeozulu, Allen
Until there is an official visit scheduled, and taken there is no way to see this as anything but a longer shot.

OT/G Kam Dewberry, Atascocita
Texas gets an unofficial visit this weekend, but not currently an OV. LSU, Texas A&M, Ohio State and Oklahoma will get OV’s for sure.

OT Malik Agbo, Todd Beamer (WA)
If LSU doesn’t remain the heavy favorite after this weekends OV, discussion could change. Miami put on a good show last weekend, and Oklahoma takes a swing June 18-20.

DT Bear Alexander, Fort Worth Brewer
Texas A&M is the heavy favorite here. Texas will get Alexander on campus, maybe multiple times but there is a long ways to go here. Alabama isn’t going to make this easy on Texas A&M.

DT Khurtiss Perry, Park Crossing (AL)
Defensive lineman from the state of Alabama coveted by Alabama and Auburn.

DT Aaron Bryant, Southhaven (MS)
Likes Georgia a lot. Texas A&M and Texas will take a swing this month.

DT Hero Kanu, Santa Margarita Catholic (CA via Germany)
All the heavy hitters are lining up now. Scheduled to be in Austin this weekend.

DT Chris McClellan, Owasso (OK)
If McClellan follows through on visit to Austin this weekend, IT could move this to maybe. Oklahoma, Florida, Alabama, Ohio State and USC currently ahead of Texas and others.

DT Jadon Scarlett, Coram Deo Academy
Until Scarlett makes his way to Austin, difficult to put much stock in this one. OV’s to Texas A&M this weekend, and Missouri June 25-27 are on the schedule.

DE Quency Wiggins, Madison Prep (LA)
The recent offers by LSU and Alabama are a gut punch to others. Playing in a four man front could win out here, for those following closely.

OLB Harold Perkins, Cy Park
Hang around the rim recruitment. Will go the distance to December.

OLB Ish Harris, Pilot Point
Trending to Texas A&M. Oklahoma and Texas take swings June 18-20 and June 25-27.

S Jacoby Mathews, Ponchatoula (LA)
Chatter about visits, including Texas June 25-27.

S Kamari Wilson, IMG Academy (FL)
Georgia, Texas A&M, Florida and Florida State battle with schools such as Texas working for a late June OV.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Also, I'm hoping Texas drops a big chest full of gold coins on a foot of Bear Alexander's "uncle" today and says, "oops, where that come from?" and then Alexander leaves having committed his flaky ass to UT. He'll be a flaming bust wherever he winds up, but it would be a sure sign to us that the game is ... afoot. 

FB3B1FCE-DC5A-4144-948F-1EB588D59BE8.gif

50 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Good luck with Dindy. You are going to need it.

Here's what's happened regarding Dindy:

I saw that too. Obviously, competing with “Texas School of Preaching” (I think that's what it's called) is going to be...tough (ridiculous is the word I really want to use).

2 minutes ago, quigley said:

I saw that too. Obviously, competing with “Texas School of Preaching” (I think that's what it's called) is going to be...tough (ridiculous is the word I really want to use).

Excuse me, our esteemed aggy posters have said this is just a conspiracy theory and we're all being ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Excuse me, our esteemed aggy posters have said this is just a conspiracy theory and we're all being ridiculous.

can you imagine how hot they would be if a guy was committed to A&M for months, put out an interview saying that maroon ran through his veins, took an OV to A&M...then like 3 days later took an OV to UGA and decommitted...then was a HEAVY lean to UGA?

the squawking would be so loud you could hear it in Houston from #TheStation

wait now... wasn't Gerry giving us positive vibes about Neto, but now says No?  Life comes at you fast

Until there is an official visit scheduled, and taken there is no way to see this as anything but a longer shot.

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

wait now... wasn't Gerry giving us positive vibes about Neto, but now says No?  Life comes at you fast

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

That was probably before Neto didn't show up for his unofficial this weekend.

Yup, and in general, how are you going to predict a guy with no real plans to OV to you in the class?

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Neto isn't telling anyone the truth. Only he knows what in the fuck he is actually doing. There are colleges moving him down or off of their board because they're tired of playing a game only he understands. He's coming across as a pathological liar, apparently. I think it would be funny for some IT subscriber to ask Gerry or one of the other guys there where they actually think this dude signs. I suspect they'll say they have no idea, although of course Nahlin could just make shit up since that's his default.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Neto isn't telling anyone the truth. Only he knows what in the fuck he is actually doing. There are colleges moving him down or off of their board because they're tired of playing a game only he understands. He's coming across as a pathological liar, apparently. I think it would be funny for some IT subscriber to ask Gerry or one of the other guys there where they actually think this dude signs. I suspect they'll say they have no idea, although of course Nahlin could just make shit up since that's his default.

Someone on this board apparently knows him and the kids he runs with at Allen and said it's not exactly a rocket surgeon collective even by football recruit standards. That guy hasn't popped up in a while, though.

30 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Lots of prejudgment here, some deserved, some not.

The Aggies have their own history to blame for anyone thinking that they would attempt such a comically ridiculous plan.

But we don't know if the Dindy's are money-grabbing hypocrites. Some people will prejudge them based on this rumor and that's unfortunate.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

22 minutes ago, Machinator said:

(Gerry Hamilton) IT Recruiting Matters: Yes, Maybe or No

Reveal hidden contents

Keeping up with recruiting in the month of June feels like running a 100-meter dash over and over, day after day.

In talking with two parents from the Lone Star State with top targets for the national powers, the recruiting process has instantly gotten incredibly intense. And it’s only June 9th.

Today, Inside Texas is going to play the recruiting game of Yes, Maybe or No as recruitments currently stand. This list doesn’t include commitments.

Yes - Texas has a good shot to win the recruitment. Doesn’t mean the leader of every recruitment currently, but a good shot.

Maybe - Texas is a chance to win the recruitment. Could be a slight lead that is seen as potential to slip, or coming from behind and having a shot to win.

No - Texas is making an effort, but is seen as a long shot.

Yes:
RB Tavorus Jones, El Paso Burges
If Texas pushes on the June 18-20 weekend, this one goes to the Longhorns.

RB DeAnthony Gatson, Newton
Same as Jones.

WR Evan Stewart, Frisco Liberty
Going to be a real battle with SEC programs, but in the “must get” list for Sarkisian and staff.

WR Brenen Thompson, Spearman
Same as Stewart. Viewed the same by the staff. Will be in Austin June 18-20 before heading to College Station June 21-22. Beginning OV at Oklahoma State today. Clemson and Alabama also in the mix.

TE/ATH Arlis Boardingham, Birmingham (CA)
Arizona State is very strong in Southern California behind Antonio Pierce, but Texas can win this recruitment.

OC/G Cole Hutson, Frisco
Visits coming up to Texas, Oklahoma and Texas A&M with the Longhorns in a good spot headed into OV’s.

OG Devon Campbell, Arlington Bowie
A recruitment that will go the distance to December, currently. Staying close to home at end of day is still most likely, which is great news for Texas and Oklahoma.

OT Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek
Texas began June in a very good spot, and now has to withstand the visits to Texas A&M and LSU.

OT Cameron Williams, Duncanville
A good ole fashion Red River battle between Oklahoma and Texas barring a big upset by Oregon or Miami.

EDGE/DE Derrick Brown, Texas High
Brown is dropping a Top 8 briefly. Not sure that many of the eight truly matters at this point.

ILB Jeremy Patton, Tenaha
As long as Alabama and LSU don’t offer, Texas is the favorite.

LB Niuafe Tuihalamaka, Bishop Alemany (CA)
Anytime it’s a two team race at the moment, both teams have a legit shot. Headed into this weekends visit to Notre Dame, that’s where it’s at after a very good trip to Austin.

DB Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook
Texas A&M has nothing left in the kitchen sink. They have prioritized Anderson, and Bryce absolutely understands how coveted he is. Nick Saban will chip away at the Texas A&M momentum June 18-20, and than it will be up to Texas June 25-27 to win out headed into the July 4th announcement.

CB Denver Harris, North Shore
Unless Harris pops up in College Station in the next week, this one comes down to Texas June 18-20 and Alabama June 25-27

Maybe:
RB Jamarion Miller, Tyler Legacy
The fact that Miller is now planning to get to Austin in late June has this shifting from No to Maybe.

WR C.J. Williams, Mater Dei (CA)
Depends on how hard Texas pushes.

WR Jordan Hudson, Garland
The Oklahoma verbal will continue to flirt with Jeff Banks.

TE/OLB Anthony Jones, Liberty (NV)
If he truly wants to play tight end only, Canes feel like the better shot to win out prior to this weekends OV to Texas.

G/C Connor Robertson, Austin Westlake
Official visits to Northwestern, Texas, Stanford and USC this month will decide this recruitment. Likely a Texas vs. Stanford decision.

OT Jacob Sexton, Deer Creek (OK)
Many think a lock to Oklahoma. Alabama took a swing, Texas will take a swing this weekend, and Texas A&M is lurking. Oklahoma State also receives an OV June 16-17.

DT/E Justice Finkley, Hewitt-Trussville (AL)
Stanford, Michigan and Texas can win this recruitment if Nick Saban stays away. Colorado receives an OV this weekend.

DT Bishop Thomas, Bishop Moore (FL)
IT believes Florida State is the favorite, but Texas is chipping away. Making OV to Tennessee this weekend, and FSU June 25-27.

DT Jaray Bledsoe, Bremond
This recruitment is all about hanging around the rim. We shall see how long Texas A&M, Alabama and Oklahoma hang in if this recruitments goes all the way to November/December.

DT K.J. Miles (St. Peters Prep (NJ)
Miles is at Georgia Tech this weekend, and will be Madison and Austin this month.

LB Sebastian Cheeks, Evanston Township (IL)
Made visit to see Mack Brown’s Tar Heels last weekend. Will be in Austin this weekend, but a visit to Notre Dame looms large June 18-20.

LB T.J. Dudley, Montgomery Catholic (AL)
Made OV to Oregon last weekend, will be at UCF this weekend and Texas June 25-27. Alabama and Auburn factor in, still.

DB Austin Jordan, Denton Ryan
Jordan’s recruitment gets real the next three weekends - Ohio State, Oklahoma and Texas.

CB Terrence Brooks, Plano John Paul II
Alabama, Texas, Florida, Oregon and Texas A&M in the fight with Alabama having momentum in recent weeks.

No:
RB TreVonte’ Citizen, Lake Charles Prep (LA)
Competition is LSU and Texas A&M. Texas A&M covets Alabama verbal Le’veon Moss out of the Pelican State, which could help Texas’ cause if LSU doesn’t make a comeback.

WR Shazz Preston, St. James (LA)
Hard to get on board with beating out LSU or Alabama here.

WR Kevin Coleman, St. May’s (MO)
Not happening unless an official visit is set, and momentum shifts away from others.

OG Earnest Greene, St. John Bosco (CA)
Heavy hitters recruitment that will likely go the distance. Ohio State, USC, Alabama, etc…

OT/G Kam Dewberry, Atascocita
Texas gets an unofficial visit this weekend, but not currently an OV. LSU, Texas A&M, Ohio State and Oklahoma will get OV’s for sure.

OT Malik Agbo, Todd Beamer (WA)
If LSU doesn’t remain the heavy favorite after this weekends OV, discussion could change. Miami put on a good show last weekend, and Oklahoma takes a swing June 18-20.

DT Bear Alexander, Fort Worth Brewer
Texas A&M is the heavy favorite here. Texas will get Alexander on campus, maybe multiple times but there is a long ways to go here. Alabama isn’t going to make this easy on Texas A&M.

DT Khurtiss Perry, Park Crossing (AL)
Defensive lineman from the state of Alabama coveted by Alabama and Auburn.

DT Aaron Bryant, Southhaven (MS)
Likes Georgia a lot. Texas A&M and Texas will take a swing this month.

DT Hero Kanu, Santa Margarita Catholic (CA via Germany)
All the heavy hitters are lining up now. Scheduled to be in Austin this weekend.

DT Chris McClellan, Owasso (OK)
If McClellan follows through on visit to Austin this weekend, IT could move this to maybe. Oklahoma, Florida, Alabama, Ohio State and USC currently ahead of Texas and others.

DT Jadon Scarlett, Coram Deo Academy
Until Scarlett makes his way to Austin, difficult to put much stock in this one. OV’s to Texas A&M this weekend, and Missouri June 25-27 are on the schedule.

DE Quency Wiggins, Madison Prep (LA)
The recent offers by LSU and Alabama are a gut punch to others. Playing in a four man front could win out here, for those following closely.

OLB Harold Perkins, Cy Park
Hang around the rim recruitment. Will go the distance to December.

OLB Ish Harris, Pilot Point
Trending to Texas A&M. Oklahoma and Texas take swings June 18-20 and June 25-27.

S Jacoby Mathews, Ponchatoula (LA)
Chatter about visits, including Texas June 25-27.

S Kamari Wilson, IMG Academy (FL)
Georgia, Texas A&M, Florida and Florida State battle with schools such as Texas working for a late June OV.

Lots of no on that list. Hopefully, we are in the bag game and Gerry is just working off of how this stuff used to go down.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting