Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

6 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Most churches in the US now actually just function as a method to wash someone’s dirty money. The preacher and congregation are usually just unaware bystanders. 

Russian mob has been secretly funding the creation of churches since the 90s and because of conservative laws to “protect” churches are untouchable.

don't make dumb comments like this please.

Fc32TBHL

even at 10% that comes out to 28,000 churches nation wide or about 2100 churches in Texas.

usa network shawn and gus GIF

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Ohio State getting involved is worrisome. Im so sick of them. Just out of curiosity if Texas had competition for an in state guy which school makes you more nervous Bama or Ohio State?

It depends. Here, I don't think Ohio State getting involved matters that much because Bama leads for Brooks, anyway.

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

don't make dumb comments like this please.

Fc32TBHL

even at 10% that comes out to 28,000 churches nation wide or about 2100 churches in Texas.

usa network shawn and gus GIF

Man, people get so mad when I tell them that. 

Im not talking about your 1st Presbyterians and 1st Methodists of the world, but you don’t have take my word for it. 

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

It depends. Here, I don't think Ohio State getting involved matters that much because Bama leads for Brooks, anyway.

tosu sites and fans are confident they get Arbor too.. which i really wouldn't mind because it would screw ou

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

tosu sites and fans are confident they get Arbor too.. which i really wouldn't mind because it would screw ou

OU missing on Abor, Dindy, Brown, and Mcclellan would be pretty bad for Lincoln 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Im not talking about your 1st Presbyterians and 1st Methodists of the world, but you don’t have take my word for it. 

just to be clear. you actually believe that ~10,500 Texas (and ~143,000 US) churches are washing dirty money somehow with out congregation or pastor's knowledge.

i am not saying it doesn't happen more often than people think or that it doesn't happen at all...but saying that 50.01% or ~143,000 of churches ("most") in the united states just function as a way to wash dirty money is absolutely one of the dumbest takes i have read on this entire website full of dumb takes.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Was recently attending a meeting at commercial business park. Buried in one of the small buildings in the back was ""New Life Christian Church" which was only on the main building sign, not on the windows or as a stand-alone. I was curious, so I researched them. No google listing, no website, no facebook page, etc. Sketchy af. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Was recently attending a meeting at commercial business park. Buried in one of the small buildings in the back was ""New Life Christian Church" which was only on the main building sign, not on the windows or as a stand-alone. I was curious, so I researched them. No google listing, no website, no facebook page, etc. Sketchy af. 

Shhh…

don’t say dumb things. You might piss off the people who don’t think they exist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Take it somewhere else, choirboy. 

i am no choir boy, i just want to highlight stupid ass opinions when i see them

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

again, not saying this doesn't happen and they don't exist.

i am saying that there aren't 143,000 places doing that in the US or 10,000 in Texas.

1 minute ago, Doc Reeves said:

Shhh…

don’t say dumb things. You might piss off the people who don’t think they exist.

you must not be reading what i clearly said. it obviously does happen and they do exist, but there are absolutely not 10,000 cases of this happening in Texas or 143,000 cases happening across the US.

come on man. just back off the "most" comment and everything you said was fine. but saying that "most" churches are doing this without the congregation or leadership having any idea is dumb dumb dumb. you are smarter than that.

///

i will happily drop it after this, but again, that take that "most" churches are money laundering fronts run without anyone in the church's knowledge is one of the absolute stupidest takes i have ever read on surly/shaggy.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, NoName said:

i am saying that there aren't 143,000 places doing that in the US or 10,000 in Texas.

///

i will happily drop it after this, but again, that take is one of the absolute stupidest takes i have ever read on surly/shaggy.

I'm not arguing for or against the take, but I think you're only considering "visible" churches, or churches with prominent buildings, churches that advertise, etc. To the previous point, there are a lot of "churches" in that number that are...well....not churches. 

11 minutes ago, NoName said:

you must not be reading what i clearly said. it obviously does happen and they do exist, but there are absolutely not 10,000 cases of this happening in Texas or 143,000 cases happening across the US.

come on man. just back off the "most" comment and everything you said was fine. but saying that "most" churches are doing this without the congregation or leadership having any idea is dumb dumb dumb. you are smarter than that.

///

i will happily drop it after this, but again, that take that "most" churches are money laundering fronts run without anyone in the church's knowledge is one of the absolute stupidest takes i have ever read on surly/shaggy.

I not going to argue with you and you are certainly not the first to protest. You’re wrong and that’s cool. 

I don’t know a lot about lots of stuff, but this is a subject I know a great deal about. 

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Fuck You 1

Not really. Most churches start out in a very small location of what they can afford. Most of the members probably left a larger congregation for some reason and went out to start their own.
Ours started in a HS auditorium.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Not really. Most churches start out in a very small location of what they can afford. Most of the members probably left a larger congregation for some reason and went out to start their own.

My buddy started his own church with a group of people in a middle school auditorium or cafeteria after breaking away from a huge congregation. Of course, he's a financial advisor so we all just 100% just assume he is laundering money. When they move on to their own piece of property and put in the Starbucks-esque coffee shop we'll all know he finally got that cartel money rolling. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

And that reason would be to support Russian espionage in the US, right?

The Americans" Jennings, Elizabeth (TV Episode 2018) - IMDb

• Hook 'Em 2

(CJ Vogel) 2022 TE Sean Sallis Returning This Weekend

Spoiler

Connected with 2022 Carrollton Creekview tight end Sean Sallis this afternoon. He was recently on an unofficial visit Friday afternoon where he was able to meet the coaching staff.

*** Sallis tells me he is planning to return to campus this upcoming weekend for a one-on-one workout with assistant head coach and tight ends coach Jeff Banks.

*** The 6’4″ tight end prospect had been camping with Minnesota and UConn as well this weekend. He told me he hopes to camp with Texas Tech and TCU later in the month as well.

*** For now, Texas is keeping Sallis warm. Jeff Banks is still evaluating tight end prospects and should the workout go well, it shouldn’t be surprising to see an offer extended before the end of the month.

*** It’s also worth noting that Sallis has only locked in one official visit so far (Marshall). He told me he hopes to leave a couple for the official visits for the fall. Should Texas pursue, I expect them to leap to the top group for Sallis immediately.

7 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

***I could be a writer for TFB

***We told you this before, but we've gotten word that there is no actual writing ability involved.

***We will see how that plays out.

There's something about the way you write that got me all excited. It's like you told me something really important, but I'm not sure what it is

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting