Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Nothing to add but I heard today that if the new proposed 12 team playoff were instated the last 10 years, Texas would still not make it in even one time. I have faith in Sark to turn this shit around post haste. All gas no brakes bitches
g28809_u27406_vinceyoung5.jpg
As long as the Big "12" is still only 10 teams, nothing will change...still have to beat blowU and unlike them go undefeated to make the playoffs.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ousux said:

Earl is looking pretty good these days, happy to see that.

66 years old and in a motorized wheelchair is "pretty good"?

I like watching football, but seeing the damage it inflicts on people is one of the major reasons I reconsider it.

I like watching football, but seeing the damage it inflicts on people is one of the major reasons I reconsider it.
Compared to how he's looked in recent years, the mobility cart is nothing new.

19 minutes ago, quigley said:

You aren’t wrong about the damage football does, but I thought a lot of Earl’s problems stemmed from a congenital spine disorder or something.  That football made way worse I’m sure. 

Edited by UncleSonny
Haha, whoops. Thanks Idontknow

3 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

You aren’t wrong about the damage football does, but I thought a lot of Earl’s problems stemmed from a congestive spine disorder or something.  That football made way worse I’m sure. 

*congenital (not congestive).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs03/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=1722403

And Earl was a workhorse, he carried the ball a lot more and took more shots than the average man at his position.

I highly doubt that @quigley did his research on Earl before commenting. He's a dirt burglar after all.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs03/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=1722403

And Earl was a workhorse, he carried the ball a lot more and dished out more shots than the average man at his position.

I highly doubt that @quigley did his research on Earl before commenting. He's a dirt burglar after all.

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

And Earl was a workhorse, he carried the ball a lot more and took more shots than the average man at his position.

I listened to Earl give an interview on The Ticket.  He stated that the original reason he was in a wheelchair was due to a botched back surgery.  He was afraid that he would be paralyzed if he had another and refused to have more surgery for years.  Also, I found this on the internets:

"He was diagnosed with spinal stenosis in 2009."

Top247 RB Kaytron Allen closing in on a decision with more visits coming
ANDREW IVINS

https://247sports.com/Player/Kaytron-Allen-46079018/

OV to Texas.

Spoiler

ANDREW IVINS

BRADENTON, Fla. – Top247 running back Kaytron Allen is getting closer and closer to making a decision. The Virginia native told 247Sports at Under Armour’s Future 50 event on Saturday that he could make a commitment in two or three weeks.

“I don’t know yet, but I want to say July 4th,” Allen said when pressed for a timeline. “I got to let my mom know, but probably after these visits.”

Allen took his first official visit of the recruiting process last weekend to Penn State.

“They set the bar,” Allen admitted. “It’s more than what I expected, most definitely. I’m glad I took a visit there.”

It won’t be long before Florida gets a chance to entertain Allen as he’s set to take a midweek official visit to UF starting early Monday.

“I’m just looking for a great time. I want to see how the coaches are and stuff like that,” Allens said.

After Allen spends some time in Gainsville, he will make his way to Georgia on Friday for another official visit. 

“Basically the same thing,” Allen said when asked what he wants to see in Athens. "Just see how the players are with each other and the bond and all that. When I went to Penn State, they all had great bonds and all that. Great coaches. Everybody was together.”

While Allen has always spoken highly of the Nittany Lions, Gators and Bulldogs, a fourth school is giving him something to think about and that’s Texas. Allen doesn’t know much about the Longhorns, but is planning to be in Austin the weekend of June 25 for an official visit.

“They are new,” Allen said. “It’s just the relationships, really. I knew some of the coaches when they were at Alabama.”

Allen is coming off a junior season at IMG Academy in which he ran for 515 yards and nine touchdowns while splitting carries with UGA signee Lovesea Carroll. He is listed at 5-foot-11, 220 pounds and is currently the nation’s No. 10-ranked running back per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. 

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

ANDREW IVINS

https://247sports.com/Player/Kaytron-Allen-46079018/

OV to Texas.

Hide contents

ANDREW IVINS

BRADENTON, Fla. – Top247 running back Kaytron Allen is getting closer and closer to making a decision. The Virginia native told 247Sports at Under Armour’s Future 50 event on Saturday that he could make a commitment in two or three weeks.

“I don’t know yet, but I want to say July 4th,” Allen said when pressed for a timeline. “I got to let my mom know, but probably after these visits.”

Allen took his first official visit of the recruiting process last weekend to Penn State.

“They set the bar,” Allen admitted. “It’s more than what I expected, most definitely. I’m glad I took a visit there.”

It won’t be long before Florida gets a chance to entertain Allen as he’s set to take a midweek official visit to UF starting early Monday.

“I’m just looking for a great time. I want to see how the coaches are and stuff like that,” Allens said.

After Allen spends some time in Gainsville, he will make his way to Georgia on Friday for another official visit. 

“Basically the same thing,” Allen said when asked what he wants to see in Athens. "Just see how the players are with each other and the bond and all that. When I went to Penn State, they all had great bonds and all that. Great coaches. Everybody was together.”

While Allen has always spoken highly of the Nittany Lions, Gators and Bulldogs, a fourth school is giving him something to think about and that’s Texas. Allen doesn’t know much about the Longhorns, but is planning to be in Austin the weekend of June 25 for an official visit.

“They are new,” Allen said. “It’s just the relationships, really. I knew some of the coaches when they were at Alabama.”

Allen is coming off a junior season at IMG Academy in which he ran for 515 yards and nine touchdowns while splitting carries with UGA signee Lovesea Carroll. He is listed at 5-foot-11, 220 pounds and is currently the nation’s No. 10-ranked running back per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. 

Pronounced Love-sea or Lah-ves-sea? Loh-ves-see?

11 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I don't need to do research. I saw him play live, and have always admired the way he played.

Spinal stenosis is what I've read he has. It isn't usually congenital, and it's very unlikely that it is in his case. Even if had some congenital predilection for spinal stenosis, repeated trauma over years is CERTAIN to have accelerated and worsen the deterioration.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

SIAP, Roach on Evan Stewart:

Spoiler

Saturday, 1:24 p.m.: Evan Stewart confirmed with Horns247 that he'll be taking an official to Austin next weekend, June 18-20. It'll be his second trip after seeing Florida officially last weekend. He's been pretty fluid with his visit schedule, but he confirmed to us this afternoon that this one is locked in for next weekend

• Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting