Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Never watched the show but that book kicks unfathomable amounts of ass.

This summer in the dead zone between sports is the perfect time to remedy that.  

Robert Duvall and TLJ best performances plus a young, gorgeous Diane Lane.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Edited by Post Oak
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Bro's we are really witnessing a re-uniting of Texas. Things are just starting to feel right again. I believe in sark.

Really good to see Sam out and having a good time. He's been through a lot and a positive distraction for him is certainly welcomed.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, RGBIII said:

You may be the first person I’ve seen not watch the show but read the book. Both are fucking great

Well, there are at least two of us. It’s a top 30 book I’ve ever read, I think. Always heard the show was great. Ain’t nobody got time for 10 hours of binging cattle drives though. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Gerry said the two silents are in the ‘22 class

Cheeks and Hutson would make a lot of sense. As fun as it would be, doubt we're landing Sexton, and Dewberry ain't shutting things down this early.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, there are at least two of us. It’s a top 30 book I’ve ever read, I think. Always heard the show was great. Ain’t nobody got time for 10 hours of binging cattle drives though. 

Gotta break it up for sure. Couldn’t imagine sitting through the whole thing in one sitting

Gerry this AM

Cole Hutson and Jacob Sexton were decked out in Texas gear head-to-toe. Sexton even had the Texas jacket.

Prediction: Kristopher Ross (North Shore) will own a golf cart one day. I’m not sure I have ever seen a prospect take as long of a golf cart ride as the Texas verbal. And, he continues to look terrific physically. What makes Ross such an elite DT prospect? He features all the measurables elite programs are in search of, and is very agile for his current size … but he also will head to college with a frame a staff can still mold. This isn’t a prospect a staff will have to break down and build up from a physical perspective. We are talking 79-80-inch wing span, likely 34-inch arm length and near 10-inch hands at 270’ish pounds. Still can’t believe when I watched him vs. Summer Creek this season UTSA was his lone offer.

Sebastian Cheeks (Evanston Township/IL) possesses a terrific build for a LB prospect. Strong look, but plenty of room for frame development. Has an athletic look about him. Well proportioned frame currently with strong legs.

Marlow High (OK) punter/kicker Jace Gilbert and family were receiving official visit level treatment from the Texas staff Saturday. Something to note for Jaimie Kohl’s No. 6 ranked punter in the 2022 class.

https://kohlskicking.com/player-profiles/jace-gilbert

Kam Dewberry’s family arrived with a family member sporting a Texas visor. Steve Spurrier would have been proud, and yes Spurrier wanted to coach at Texas but the opportunity never presented itself.

Harold Perkins (Cy Park) continues to fill out his frame slowly, which is a very good thing. The guy just oozes athleticism. He will be a 6-2.5, 230-pounder running 4.5 at the NFL Combine in a few years. Mom is said to prefer close to home (She lives in Cypress), while dad prefers Alabama or LSU (He lives in New Orleans). Will be a fun recruitment.

Anthony Hill (Denton Ryan) is another LB that looks continues to pass the eye test. Hill has a frame that will carry 240+-pounds, and could end up 6-2, 255’ish. Long arms, big hands.

image.jpeg.b33bc80c6418d63273639addb15bc8dc.jpeg

On Perkins.

For one he didn’t come by himself.

Second, it’s funny you say it’s inaccurate having not talked to any sources near Harold or on the Texas side. Do I think Texas leads? No. Do I think they are in the race? Yes

user generated

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

That would be Waylon Jennings "wrong" ctj. Best 10 hours the ugly in me has ever viewed---stronger than rent. Tommy Lee Jones and Robert Duvall are pure but like you say it's not for everybody. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting