Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

6 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

I'm not even worried about that. His coach is Kurt Traylor....if it's any relation to Jeff Traylor, that will be an uphill battle. Then again maybe not. I don't think Arky Chad lasts until the 2022 football season in Fayette-nam. 

Kurt and Jeff are brothers 

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Hopefully Herman learned from the Kary Vincent (I think that was his name) incident a few years ago. I don’t want Bryce Anderson running around as an LSU commit recruiting for LSU at our game. 

That was his name and it won't matter if Texas wins the game.

IT

KAMERON DEWBERRY

Dewberry came in at #62 in 247's initial 2022 national list. Going by his projection, that's a pretty good long term bet of where he'd end up in an average class. He might not be Kenyon Green, also from Atascocita, but he won't be too far off.

Texas has its own Atascocita offensive tackle in Sam Cosmi, and Dewberry may follow in those footsteps. This looks to be an instate battle, though it is early. Dewberry has always been very high on Texas, and UT has some a quality 'in' going for it as well.

What visits did he take this summer, what visits will take this season?
"I've been to Texas, LSU, Alabama, and I went to Texas A&M. Upcoming I have Texas and LSU, A&M versus Bama."

Thoughts on Texas:
"I love Texas. Texas is really evolving and turning into something big."

On early 2021 momentum:
"I can see that they're evolving and growing and they're getting big. Derrick Harris, me and him have a special relationship. And I talk to Hayden Conner."

What's the relationship with Harris Jr.?
"Me and DJ go way back since we were four or five. We've always played little league together. We have a really close relationship that most people don't know about."

When Harris Jr. was asked about what stood out on his last visit to Texas he said taking pictures with his buddy Kameron Dewberry. Dewberry echoed the same. The two are indeed close.

There's a long way to go here, but UT is in good shape.

IT

For quarterbacks to familiarize yourself with in 2022.... [Maalik Murphy] at Junipero Serra, 6-foot-4, 205, the sophomore four-star with double-digit offers is at the top of Texas' early big board for 2022. They promptly offered in late May and coach Tim Beck might have his '22 QB crush identified.

I can see why. He stands in the pocket, big arm, and big confidence. He might be worth a trip to California next summer or fall.

IT

RB Emeka Megwa, Nolan Catholic (Fort Worth, TX): Big-time athlete at running back or linebacker, he holds offers from big programs, including Texas, Alabama, OU, and Ohio State.

WR Caleb Burton, Del Valle (Del Valle, TX): Young, but fast and friendly. Great kid with enormous talent and potential. Texas really likes this kid.

WR Keith Wheeler, Atascocita (Humble, TX): This kid can go. Attacks the ball, while leaving defenders behind. He's waiting his turn at Atascocite behind a stable of college wide receivers but he has all the traits.

OL Kam Dewberry, Atascocita (Humble, TX): In the running for top offensive linemen in-state for 2022, somebody needs to give the Atascocita OL coach a raise - Cosmi, Green, Dewberry.

TE Donovan Green, Dickinson (Dickinson, TX): Mustapha Muhammad starter kit. Really impressed the UT staff at camp this summer. Once clips of his camp performances got out teams began to offer.

TE Trent McGaughey, Shadow Creek (Pearland, TX): Shadow Creek has displaced Manvel as the talent center in that part of Greater Houston. Watch for McGaughey's teammate Randy Masters as well. He could be a very big deal at wide receiver. Texas never had a good 'in' at Manvel but with Xavion Alford things are different at SC.

DT Bear Alexander, Skyline (Dallas, TX): Former ETX prospect moved to Skyline, only to be ruled ineligible for the varsity in his sophomore year. Those poor JV kids.

LB Martrell Harris, The Woodlands (The Woodlands, TX): Sideline-to-sideline backer made for the Big 12. I think he's Knox's brother. They moved in from Baton Rouge.

CB Jaylon Guilbeau, Memorial (Port Arthur, TX): Tremendous athlete from an area full of them, teammate of elite 2021 defender Jordon Thomas, Guilbeau picked up offer No. 1 this week: Texas A&M. Offer watch.

CB Bobby Taylor, Katy: The son of the former Longview/Notre Dame/Philadelphia Eagles corner. Recently transferred from Houston Heights to Katy. Domers lead.

CB Denver Harris, Galena Park North Shore (Houston, TX): Future five-star and lockdown corner that North Shore DB coach Theadis Reagins will turn into the next Kyle Fuller.

S Bryce Anderson, West Brook (Beaumont, TX)(LSU): Just committed to LSU. Athlete that is likely a defensive back at the next level. If he shows up it will be to watch the other team.

S Jaidan Scott, Shadow Creek (Pearland, TX): Heavy thumper from the new Manvel. He'll have tons of offers and might be a Texas-level talent.

ATH Landon Hullaby, Mansfield Timberview (Arlington, TX): His big brother Jaden is headed to Austin. Texas looks good early. Landon has the makings of a big-time talent.

6 hours ago, Machinator said:

IT

Hide contents

RB Emeka Megwa, Nolan Catholic (Fort Worth, TX): Big-time athlete at running back or linebacker, he holds offers from big programs, including Texas, Alabama, OU, and Ohio State.

WR Caleb Burton, Del Valle (Del Valle, TX): Young, but fast and friendly. Great kid with enormous talent and potential. Texas really likes this kid.

WR Keith Wheeler, Atascocita (Humble, TX): This kid can go. Attacks the ball, while leaving defenders behind. He's waiting his turn at Atascocite behind a stable of college wide receivers but he has all the traits.

OL Kam Dewberry, Atascocita (Humble, TX): In the running for top offensive linemen in-state for 2022, somebody needs to give the Atascocita OL coach a raise - Cosmi, Green, Dewberry.

TE Donovan Green, Dickinson (Dickinson, TX): Mustapha Muhammad starter kit. Really impressed the UT staff at camp this summer. Once clips of his camp performances got out teams began to offer.

TE Trent McGaughey, Shadow Creek (Pearland, TX): Shadow Creek has displaced Manvel as the talent center in that part of Greater Houston. Watch for McGaughey's teammate Randy Masters as well. He could be a very big deal at wide receiver. Texas never had a good 'in' at Manvel but with Xavion Alford things are different at SC.

DT Bear Alexander, Skyline (Dallas, TX): Former ETX prospect moved to Skyline, only to be ruled ineligible for the varsity in his sophomore year. Those poor JV kids.

LB Martrell Harris, The Woodlands (The Woodlands, TX): Sideline-to-sideline backer made for the Big 12. I think he's Knox's brother. They moved in from Baton Rouge.

CB Jaylon Guilbeau, Memorial (Port Arthur, TX): Tremendous athlete from an area full of them, teammate of elite 2021 defender Jordon Thomas, Guilbeau picked up offer No. 1 this week: Texas A&M. Offer watch.

CB Bobby Taylor, Katy: The son of the former Longview/Notre Dame/Philadelphia Eagles corner. Recently transferred from Houston Heights to Katy. Domers lead.

CB Denver Harris, Galena Park North Shore (Houston, TX): Future five-star and lockdown corner that North Shore DB coach Theadis Reagins will turn into the next Kyle Fuller.

S Bryce Anderson, West Brook (Beaumont, TX)(LSU): Just committed to LSU. Athlete that is likely a defensive back at the next level. If he shows up it will be to watch the other team.

S Jaidan Scott, Shadow Creek (Pearland, TX): Heavy thumper from the new Manvel. He'll have tons of offers and might be a Texas-level talent.

ATH Landon Hullaby, Mansfield Timberview (Arlington, TX): His big brother Jaden is headed to Austin. Texas looks good early. Landon has the makings of a big-time talent.

I know it is en vogue these days to run North Shore down and that’s certainly merited on some level, but their DB coach is a friend of Texas. I’ll be interested in watching the Denver Harris recruitment. 

1 hour ago, TommyGufano said:

kid runs weird. but he's quite a bit faster than everybody else on the field with him

I can't tell if he doesn't have good initial burst acceleration, or if he's just dancing around amongst the defenders too much, but once he gets to top speed, he's definitely fast. It looks like his Hudl highlights are against some pretty scrub-looking teams or he's just super-duper shifty (make you miss inside a phone-booth type of runner).

Edited by Hornlover

Just now, Hornlover said:

I can't tell if he doesn't have good initial burst acceleration, or if he's just dancing around amongst the defenders too much, but once he gets to top speed, he's definitely fast. It looks like his Hudl highlights are against some pretty scrub-looking teams.

I watched about four plays, so am a pretty good authority on his running style. Agree that he dances / waits a little in the backfield too long but has nice speed when he decides to try to get positive yards. 

Not sure what he looked like on plays five and beyond so someone else can put in the hard work there. I’ve done enough for you ingrates tonight. 

18 hours ago, texifornia said:

Going to keep an eye on this kid as my daughter is likely going to Summer Creek next year. Kenny Harrison (HC at Summer Creek) is a Texas grad (played for Mack I think). Summer Creek may start turning out a few more D1 caliber players in the upcoming years (most notable one to date was Dakota Allen from Tech).

3 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Not honored and blessed? Millennials taking everything for granted these days!

He is actually Gen Z. Not a Millennial.

No need to hate on Millenials any more; there is enough hate from the avocado toasts and lattes. The real criticism should be directed toward Millennials like Hamm who burn their ribs.

22 hours ago, Hornlover said:

His videos against Cypress Park look way better against clearly better competition (I watched both videos, so now an expert). 

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jaydon-blue/jdwBNWtaEemA0ZFtwg1OMQ/videos.htm

Lol at cy parks being better competition. One of the worst 6A programs in the state 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting