Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Listen I’m happy with Murphy in this class, mostly because Sark is the coach. But I don’t care who you are, if you haven’t started on varsity you’re not a five-star. I don’t give a shit about rating kids based on potential and I’m going to continue to hope that Ewers reconsiders.

All that said, All Gas No Brakes.

I'm sure futureman would love to have this conversation with you in the Ewers or bust thread, away from the rest of us.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I’m happy with Murphy in this class, mostly because Sark is the coach. But I don’t care who you are, if you haven’t started on varsity you’re not a five-star. I don’t give a shit about rating kids based on potential and I’m going to continue to hope that Ewers reconsiders. 

Most ratings are tied to camps and 7 on 7 performances. Heavy evaluations are put in to those and not so much public high school football games. 

These experts rarely miss 5 stars at this position so I trust their evaluations and especially Sark. 

Just my two cents. 

Edited by Blackcat00
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Most ratings are tied to camps and 7 on 7 performances. Heavy evaluations are put in to those and not so much public high school football games. 

These experts rarely miss 5 stars at this position so I trust their evaluations and especially Sark. 

Just my two cents. 

They very much take games into account. You need to see how recruits actually play the game. But with COVID and CA rules, they're doing the best they can.

1 minute ago, Blackcat00 said:

Most ratings are tied to camps and 7 on 7 performances and the skill set for evaluations then ratings. 

These experts rarely miss 5 stars at this position so I trust those and especially Sark. 

Just my two cents. 

This. QBs can look great on their HS team and suck in college. Throw them in camp against peers and 5's stand out pretty quick.

He is raw though from it but that's ok as we don't need him doing anything but getting better for the next 2-3 years

The ranking will drop unless he meets an unrealistic standard set for him with his current ranking and general mystique. It just doesn’t matter.
He’s reportedly a great kid with a great support system. With his camp performances and general charisma he’s developed relationships and created a network. The value here is in the potential, and in the California pull. He could very well be the first in a steady flow from a state we’ve given more to than taken from, in recent memory.
I hope he’s incredible here, just don’t come alone, please?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Haven't seen either these offered by the new staff unless I missed it.

Greene does have a Bama' offer so maybe Flood has been in contact.  His player comparison is Wyatt Davis, so yes please.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Haven't seen either these offered by the new staff unless I missed it.

Greene does have a Bama' offer so maybe Flood has been in contact.  His player comparison is Wyatt Davis, so yes please.

I might be extrapolating a little, but McMillan strikes me as Overshown part 2.0 - big framed, highly athletic safety that could become an awesome hybrid/middle linebacker with sideline to sideline ability. Those types of bodies/inherent athletic traits are so rare but give you so much scheme integrity, particularly in the Big 12/NFL. Might be a tough sell to him though given he is clearly already accomplished at playing WR/S. 

3 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I’m happy with Murphy in this class, mostly because Sark is the coach. But I don’t care who you are, if you haven’t started on varsity you’re not a five-star. I don’t give a shit about rating kids based on potential and I’m going to continue to hope that Ewers reconsiders. 

Pretty fucking dumb metric for a junior who wasn’t able to play this year, if you ask me.

• Hook 'Em 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting