Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Rent free. 

5bbd4q.jpg

imagine being the guy who doesn't understand why it may be relevant to post a twitter clip of a recruit at a camp on a recruiting thread...then is dumb enough to post about how he only posts dumb shit here to rile up the recruiting folks (actual quote was "It’s just more entertaining to occasionally drive by and get all of you riled up over nothing")...then thinks he is clever

you really are one useless motherfucker.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, NoName said:

5bbd4q.jpg

imagine being the guy who doesn't understand why it may be relevant to post a twitter clip of a recruit at a camp on a recruiting thread...then is dumb enough to post about how he only posts dumb shit here to rile up the recruiting folks (actual quote was "It’s just more entertaining to occasionally drive by and get all of you riled up over nothing")...then thinks he is clever

you really are one useless motherfucker.

Imagine being the guy getting hyped at pictures of 17 year old boys physiques 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

OL Malik Agbo, Todd Beamer (Federal Way, WS) - 2022: The 6-foot-5.5, 320-pounder from the Pacific Northwest has two schools on his mind – LSU and Texas. Both programs have built strong relationships with the giant four-star.

What are the chances of LSU having a shitty record? What are the odds of Orgeron being cut loose?

On 5/27/2021 at 1:12 PM, closetojumping said:

Caught up with one of my buddies today and there's some decent enough stuff developing.

Citizen, for whatever reason, isn't in love with LSU. They've given every indication that they have higher priorities including the probably #1 RB in the country out of Mississippi. Y'all know how this shit goes. LSU could damned near show up the day before signing day and convince him that they love him and they need him. As of now, ATM and Texas are both good choices for a running back and it could come down to the ol'recruit-off between us and the farmtards. 

I will reiterate what I said when the news broke - I do not expect Blue to be in this class. It may turn out he probably won't be sitting next season out, either. Let's see if he doesn't wind up at a private school after being kicked off of his team. 

Don't expect a ton of commitments in June. Most will happen between the visits and summer practices for high schools starting. 

The big issue on both the recruit side and the coaching side across the country is that they don't actually know each other, so there is going to be a ton of sizing up going on. Expect guys who were locks to go somewhere to back off, either because the staff picked up some red flags or the player realized "nope, not for me". This will happen all over the country, which is why it is hilarious to see different $9.95ers predicting players to their schools with absolute certitude. You can go through and look at the "locks" we've been counting and see how that can work against our recruitnik dreams, but remember it is going to happen elsewhere too. 

The NJ recruit, the Vegas guys, the AZ guy that are all uncommitted but appearing as interested or visiting, they're complete wild cards. The DL in Vegas isn't being pushed heavily by USC, which owns Vegas when they're doing well. I laughed and said that Orlando not going after a guy is hardly the same as someone like Saban not going after a guy in his own backyard. It might even be a good thing. 

The Reno guy has baseball as his priority, so they may have already concluded that he doesn't love football. Not sure. 

Different folks have different views on where things are trending with Ewers. We might learn a lot shortly in two regards: 1) If Texas suddenly really makes a push for Samson, they're doing everything they can to land Ewers and 2) Manning visits the weekend of June 10th and the aftermath of that in whichever direction will have a bunch of dorks attempting to read tea leaves, but it should tell us something. 

This staff is going to go pretty deep into the review of their feel for a player's football intelligence and love for the sport as well as all of the measurables. If they determine an absolute standout doesn't love football or doesn't have the acumen or maturity they're looking for, they will back off. In fact, they view that as an issue with the Texas culture that they're working on fixing. Getting to UT doesn't mean you've made it. It means get to work on the field, in the weight room, and in the classroom. Otherwise, the world needs plenty of bartenders. 

The $9.95ers are pussies and Texas is landing Denver Harris and has a great shot at Brooks.

Forget Dewberry. Banks and Dewberry aren't exactly buddies and aren't likely to go to the same school. I can't remember if they play at the same school now or if they're just neighbors.

Neto is an unreliable narrator. Anyone talking about him with any certainty at this time is full of shit. 

Given that the Frisco guy wants to play C, he's someone everyone should move up their board in terms of priorities and how he'll be recruited. I don't know what the film says, but he's supposed to have a mean streak for a rich kid. 

Boardingham is a great evaluation and there's a decent chance that other major schools are going to get a lot more interested in him. 

If you've got Harold Perkins on your list, you're doing lists wrong.

I have to sit on one thing that is outright fucking hilarious and I cannot wait to pile onto down the line. It's recruit-related, not Warehime clogging a toilet type stuff, but come on.

Now that's worth 9.95

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, futureman said:

Lulz

Mack didn't want help and there was no reason to help Strong and Herman. I think people are behind Sark, though. Even if they aren't, they have no reason to doubt Sark when he explains the state of college football recruiting.

VIP recruiting notes to close out the week

Mike Roach

Spoiler

VIP recruiting notes to close out the week

Mike Roach

— There's a new name to watch on the defensive back board. Horns247 has learned that Texas has recently been in contact with Southlake (Texas) Carroll DB Avyonne Jones. Jones just recently decommitted from Oklahoma State, and Blake Gideon has been talking with him and some staffers at Carroll he's familiar with. It sounds like the Longhorns are looking at him for a safety spot as Jones has the type of versatility to play safety, corner or nickel. Blake Gideon has been looking for other targets at this position since missing out on Jacoby Mathews. If Texas were to offer, it would probably be a game-changer for Jones. We will continue to monitor the situation.

— On an unrelated note at safety, Texas commit Bryan Allen was offered by Alabama today. While there aren't many offers I'd worry about with Allen, this is one of them I would. It's well known the family wanted this offer badly, and if you combine that with what the Crimson Tide have been able to do at Aledo the last two years flipping major prospects JoJo Earle and Jase McClellan, it's not something one can ignore. Texas has a really good bond with Allen and can strengthen it during the summer when he visits. They will need to as the press will likely come heavy from Jay Valai and the Crimson Tide.

— I'm still working to confirm with him, but a source near 2022 Allen OL Neto Umeozulu tells me he should be in town next week for a visit. I'm trying to confirm if it will be official or unofficial. I reported when I went to Allen that Umeozulu was a tough read and I didn't think Texas was in a great place for him. The staff stayed the course in the recruitment, and I'm told by the source near Umeozulu that they've been able to gain some ground with him. If Texas can wow him and his parents on the visit they could move into the driver's seat.

— I'm also sensing some optimism on the Texas side when it comes to Edmond (Okla.) Deer Creek offensive tackle Jacob Sexton. In talking to sources near him, he's giving the Longhorns a sincere shot and they have been doing really strong work in that recruitment. What once seemed like a runaway win for the Sooners is now shaping up to be a much closer race from what I can tell. I've been told that Sexton has yet to schedule an official visit to Norman, so maybe Texas can take advantage when they host him for a visit as they are expected to this summer.

• Hook 'Em 5

But 18-22 year old boys is ok?
Well to be fair, they are eligible to be issued a M4 rifle, shipped to the other side of the world to shoot at terrists by that age, so..

Have you ever gone to a strip club and wished the girls were in their 30's and 40's so you wouldnt feel so guilty? Nttawwt

(Mike Roach) VIP intel on four-star cornerback target Terrance Brooks

Spoiler

— Earlier today I saw four-star Plano John Paul II cornerback Terrance Brooks getting some work in during a training session. Brooks is set to make four big visits this summer before making his final decision. Oregon will get the first shot followed by Florida and Texas with Alabama getting the last trip. Brooks said he plans to make his decision after concluding his visits and before his senior year begins.

— Texas has been able to keep a strong position in this race thanks to Terry Joseph. Brooks told me that he was very high on Notre Dame when Joseph was there, and the relationship never lost any momentum when Joseph made the move to Austin. Brooks and his father Chet, who played at Texas A&M and in the NFL for the San Francisco 49ers, both like the way Joseph teaches the game, and they've enjoyed the bond built with the coaching staff including Steve Sarkisian. Brooks will be in Austin on June 18 when most of the Texas commits and several other big targets.

— Texas A&M was once thought to be a big factor in that race, but I get the sense they are fading. Nobody in the family said that to me, but Brooks hasn't scheduled an official trip to College Station, and he's still undecided about what he will do with his fifth visit. Brooks was recently in College Station for the Texas A&M spring game, but I was told after that event that the Aggies weren't in as strong of a position as was to be believed. Though his dad played for the Aggies, I don't get the sense at all that the family angle gets pushed hard at home.

— In the end, I believe this race ultimately boils down to Texas and Alabama. While visits could change things and elevate Oregon and Florida more, Texas and Alabama are the two schools with the most consistent buzz. Those are also two schools where he has what I would say the best relationships with coaches. When it comes down to it, playing time is going to be a big factor, so Texas can probably pitch a depth chart that's more attractive than the defending champs at the moment. That said, any time a school has to go head-to-head with Alabama they know they are in for a fight.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting