Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

16 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

They may have other thoughts when they are playing in front of small crowds while we are on TV 8 or 9 times a year.

15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

It's not 1967 anymore. Every game is televised.

c9546242-941f-4392-bd60-e821e765885c_tex

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I thought, “Damn, Brenen got his speed from his mom, those are some muscular thighs!” but it’s an optical illusion, her legs combined visually with someone behind her. 

And Stewart seems very pleased with how he looks in the Stormtroopers. Kid, you have them three, four years if you wish.

4 hours ago, victory88 said:

Gotta keep Blue in our class.  He’s an elite talent and we need more players like him.  If he ends up busting bc of maturity issues I’m fine with it.  I’d rather take that risk than bring in guys like Jonathan Brooks who have a limited ceiling.   

I wouldn’t say he’s elite. Bijan is/was elite. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Blue is potentially elite. Let's see what kind of numbers he puts up in his senior season.

If someone has so many red flags that they will portal at the first sign of not getting their way, it isn’t in our interest to sign them just in the hopes they make it. They will take a roster spot from someone and that comes with a cost. 

1 minute ago, Hornlover said:

Blue is potentially elite. Let's see what kind of numbers he puts up in his senior season.

He’s got great straight line speed, but the hudl isn’t near elite. He doesn’t break tackles, create unblocked yardage other that what his speed gives him, and doesn’t have soft skills for the position. Elite, to me, means you’re a 5*, which is typically around top five in the state. He’s more of a top 20 guy in the state type, imo. I don’t think he’s even clearly better than Miller. 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

He’s got great straight line speed, but the hudl isn’t near elite. He doesn’t break tackles, create unblocked yardage other that what his speed gives him, and doesn’t have soft skills for the position. Elite, to me, means you’re a 5*, which is typically around top five in the state. He’s more of a top 20 guy in the state type, imo. I don’t think he’s even clearly better than Miller. 

Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Say we hold on with Winfield and add Thompson. Coleman goes wherever, Hudson to SMU, Marshall to the sheep fuckers, Shaz to SEC, Stewart to Gators or whoever ultimately drops the biggest bag and Williams decides to stay close to home at USC. In this not unlikely scenario who are the realistic option B targets to round out the WR class? I'd still be thrilled to have a WR class with just Thompson and Winfield either way. 

Not trying to be pessimistic (I still think Stewart is a coin flip and I think we could land Williams if we miss on other targets and make him more a priority) but haven't seen much discussion about lower tier WR targets in this class in months. Curious what names we should be keeping an eye on as fallback guys. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Say we hold on with Winfield and add Thompson. Coleman goes wherever, Hudson to SMU, Marshall to the sheep fuckers, Shaz to SEC, Stewart to Gators or whoever ultimately drops the biggest bag and Williams decides to stay close to home at USC. In this not unlikely scenario who are the realistic option B targets to round out the WR class? I'd still be thrilled to have a WR class with just Thompson and Winfield either way. 

Not trying to be pessimistic (I still think Stewart is a coin flip and I think we could land Williams if we miss on other targets and make him more a priority) but haven't seen much discussion about lower tier WR targets in this class in months. Curious what names we should be keeping an eye on as fallback guys. 

Maybe the best of Chad Johnson,  Johnny Wilson,  Lonyatta Alexander, and  LV Bunkley-Shelton. Seriously though we won't be going after any second tier high school wide receivers.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Jay Fair might be a good option

• Fuck You 1

This may be wrong, but I somewhat long for the days when I learned who we were getting via some dude named Presley’s website through a dialup connection on signing day.  That particular year I knew we were getting Quentin Jammer because I had an in at his high school.  I felt special because I knew that.   Just a random thought.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Fud said:

He is pretty elusive though. He eluded his senior year.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting