Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah it seems like he's kind of guessing, right? Guess we will see in 1.5 hours. Looks like an Ohio State guy piggy backed Fong's CB with one of his own.

Wonder if he meant to say "liked." "We shall see" isn't so strong.

Kurelic maybe piggy backing off of it, as westtexan says. At least that's my sunshine take.

Fuck tOSU, though, man. Fuck those fuckers.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/10/2021 at 11:09 AM, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Ohio State getting involved is worrisome. Im so sick of them. Just out of curiosity if Texas had competition for an in state guy which school makes you more nervous Bama or Ohio State?

you hate to see it. We have got to negative recruit those suckers to oblivion. Im sick of it

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

His scheme as a DC is poor, but it will only get exposed once or twice a year. His player development is still very strong. He's a damn good DB coach. It's possible him being a shitty DC will make his DBs look worse and hurt their draft stock a little, but there's no doubt he knows how to develop players.

No doubt. 100% agree. Yurch may get a chance to expose it as well. 

42 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Marshon Lattimore

Gareon Conley

Denzel Ward

Jeff Okudah

Damon Arnette

Those are their first rd CB picks over the last five drafts. We haven't had a 1st rd pick at ANY position since Malcom Brown in '15. Last DB was Kenny Vaccarro nearly a decade ago. 

The fact that I have to spell this shit out for you and that you believe a coaching change w/out showing any results should be sufficient enough to turn the tide w/ every recruit, let alone one w/ a dad hell-bent on getting his kid to the league, shows how incredibly stupid you are. 

Fucking lol. So, your argument is that the hallowed halls of a given institution predict player development more than actual fucking coaching? While I recognize the flaws of this staff, most have a pretty clear track record of player development and NFL success. Even Terry Joseph has put a few 3*s in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Fucking lol. So, your argument is that the hallowed halls of a given institution predict player development more than actual fucking coaching? While I recognize the flaws of this staff, most have a pretty clear track record of player development and NFL success. Even Terry Joseph has put a few 3*s in the NFL. 

If you dont think our draft woes have hurt us I dont know what to tell you. Its great we have a new staff telling kids about their track record at other places. Ohio State and Alabama are absolute machines when it comes to putting players in the league. We are not yet and will lose recruits to those schools until we are. 

11 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

No doubt. 100% agree. Yurch may get a chance to expose it as well. 

on a website full of morons, no one knows less about Texas or Texas recruiting that Bruh Man. He was the one who guaranteed that Malik, Connor Williams and Dickson were going to stay...only to see ALL THREE leave and all 3 go in the top 5 rounds of the draft.

you should absolutely put that moron on mute.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

If you dont think our draft woes have hurt us I dont know what to tell you. Its great we have a new staff telling kids about their track record at other places. Ohio State and Alabama are absolute machines when it comes to putting players in the league. We are not yet and will lose recruits to those schools until we are. 

Absolutely, I'm not discounting that at all. It's a negative recruiting tactic and will continue to hurt us until results change.

However, to say choosing fOSU is a "no brainer" in comparison is lazy and disingenuous. Coaching is what develops players and our defensive coaches results are comparable to fOSU's. 

Just now, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Absolutely, I'm not discounting that at all. It's a negative recruiting tactic and will continue to hurt us until results change.

However, to say choosing fOSU is a "no brainer" in comparison is lazy and disingenuous. Coaching is what develops players and our defensive coaches results are comparable to fOSU's. 

Our coaches' success came, for the most part, under Nick Saban. It's not an apples-to-apples comparison. We sell optimism. They sell results.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bruh Man said:

The fact that I have to spell this shit out for you and that you believe a coaching change w/out showing any results should be sufficient enough to turn the tide w/ every recruit, let alone one w/ a dad hell-bent on getting his kid to the league, shows how incredibly stupid you are. 

My guess is, this program will continue to have problems recruiting kids with dads that played high-level football until they actually start pumping out 1st/2nd rd picks on a more consistent basis. No amount of pinterest photos of lady bird lake and SoCo will overcome this deficiency in our program. 

My guess is recruits whose dads played high level ball are smart enough to look at the decades of high level coaching experience that almost everyone on our staff has and form their opinion about development off of that.  You acting like our coaches have no development record simply because this is their first year at Texas and you're not familiar with them is pretty fucking stupid.  Development is strength training and coach-specific, not program-specific.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Our coaches' success came, for the most part, under Nick Saban. It's not an apples-to-apples comparison. We sell optimism. They sell results.

lol wut

When did PK coach under Saban? I must've missed that on his resume.  And I guess Sark coordinating record-setting offenses with loads and loads of first rounders for the better part of a decade at USC never happened? Same for Flood. The guy was already known as an extremely good OL coach before he got to Bama.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Coombs is a far better and far more respected coach than Terry Joseph. If we're talking position specific coaches - Coombs as a CB coach is one of the best in college football. Joseph is not. 

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

lol wut

When did PK coach under Saban? I must've missed that on his resume.  And I guess Sark coordinating record-setting offenses with loads and loads of first rounders for the better part of a decade never happened? Same for Flood. The guy was already known as an extremely good OL coach before he got to Bama.

forget it, it's time to sulk lol

Just now, Ricky's one-hitter said:

No. No it didn't. Also, we're talking about defense. How many coaches did we take from Alabama on defense? 

I don't even know why I'm doing this to myself

Jeff Choate Co-Defensive Coordinator/Inside Linebackers HC at Montana st
Bo Davis Defensive Line NFL - Lions
Blake Gideon Safeties Ole Miss
Terry Joseph Defensive Passing Game Coordinator and Secondary Notre Dame
Pete Kwiatkowski Defensive Coordinator and Outside Linebackers DC at Washington

Just now, golfclap said:

Coombs is a far better and far more respected coach than Terry Joseph. If we're talking position specific coaches - Coombs as a CB coach is one of the best in college football. Joseph is not. 

No doubt. It's not surprising at all Brooks would pick tOSU, and it's probably the better decision for him to get to the league, but the posts on here acting like our coaches can't point to their own histories of developing guys or only had success under Saban are simply absurd.

• Hook 'Em 5

The fact that you think that what Charlie Strong and Tom Herman did vis a vis DBs has any impact on what Sarkisian will do indicates that he's not the only incredibly stupid one. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

No doubt. It's not surprising at all Brooks would pick tOSU, and it's probably the better decision for him to get to the league, but the posts on here acting like our coaches can't point to their own histories of developing guys or only had success under Saban are simply absurd.

I think Texas has a much better DC in Kwiatkowski than tOSU has in Coombs and I think they've done an excellent job in this recruitment. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We're melting down over the fact that it might NOT be us for Brooks, when confidence wasn't high on him in the first place and the only thing we've gotten within the past 36 hours is Bama 995ers saying, "yeah probably not us." Just making sure I'm synced up with the other pussies on this thread before the announcement at 3.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

We're melting down over the fact that it might NOT be us for Brooks, when confidence wasn't high on him in the first place and the only thing we've gotten within the past 36 hours is Bama 995ers saying, "yeah probably not us." Just making sure I'm synced up with the other pussies on this thread before the announcement at 3.

Did you not read all of the Ohio State stuff?

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting