Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Ohio State has 50 players in the NFL, regularly appears in the playoffs, play the bag game as well as anybody else, and play in one of the easiest divisions in college football. They're just getting started in Texas. 

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2020-09-07/nfl-players-college-2020-rosters

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

I kind of wonder if the NIL stuff has made kids and their handlers more cautious in tipping their hand on their recruitments. Seems to me that you would want as many schools thinking they have a real shot at landing you as possible in order to attract the most NIL opportunities as possible. 

Probably overthinking it. 

May be a good strategy to get more followers 

56 minutes ago, Darth Tron said:

It’s on them if they make recruiting decisions based on obviously shaky information.  Everybody on the planet knows these kids are fickle.  You gotta have backup plans for your backup plans.  

Telling players ready to visit “Naw, we’re good” (as reported) and then having the rug pulled out from under us like we’re goddamned Loony Tunes antagonists is a pretty shitty look.

I ain’t Chicken Little, but things sure don’t look rosy on the recruiting front at the moment.  I hope we get something going soon, because contrary to Mensa’s bylaws momentum is a real thing.

Tron, the problem is for the most part no one other than the coaches and the kids actually  know what happened. And at the same time, some kids just don't want to come to Texas for a number of different reasons. Just because something is being reported doesn't make it true.  Today is July 3rd. It's a long way to the finish line. This is like mile 5 of a marathon. We will be fine.

1 hour ago, Darth Tron said:

It’s on them if they make recruiting decisions based on obviously shaky information.  Everybody on the planet knows these kids are fickle.  You gotta have backup plans for your backup plans.  

Telling players ready to visit “Naw, we’re good” (as reported) and then having the rug pulled out from under us like we’re goddamned Loony Tunes antagonists is a pretty shitty look.

I ain’t Chicken Little, but things sure don’t look rosy on the recruiting front at the moment.  I hope we get something going soon, because contrary to Mensa’s bylaws momentum is a real thing.

Agree with a lot of this but I don't think things are looking bad everywhere. There are really 2 positions of major concern for me rn - OT and CB. On OT we really seem to have screwed the pooch. Which is worse bc Herm/Hand screwed it last year too. CB is up in the air and could be elite if we keep JG and land Anderson and Harris. I just have low confidence given recent events and don't see great backup plans. We're looking good or at least fine at QB, RB, IOL, DL, LB, and S.

1 hour ago, realgreggym said:

Just because a young man doesn't choose us, doesn't always mean that the coaches screwed up. It's not always on them.

Every single time you defend the coaches. So predictable. For all of the complaints you have about people blaming coaches, you are the polar opposite, always blaming someone else, and it’s because of people like you that Sark and Beard have to pull our major sports programs out of the ditch. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Isn’t Sexton the kids whose dad is a lifelong Longhorn fan? Seems like we have a chance there. 

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Every single time you defend the coaches. So predictable. For all of the complaints you have about people blaming coaches, you are the polar opposite, always blaming someone else, and it’s because of people like you that Sark and Beard have to pull our major sports programs out of the ditch. 

Trust the corches 

We told the kid "no thanks" so I am not surprised he took a shit on us, especially if his dad is a horn fan. Kid will probably carry that chip on his shoulder throughout his college career. I sure hope the coaching staff learned some hard lessons because they definitely have egg on their face at this point. 

2 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

We told the kid "no thanks" so I am not surprised he took a shit on us, especially if his dad is a horn fan. Kid will probably carry that chip on his shoulder throughout his college career. I sure hope the coaching staff learned some hard lessons because they definitely have egg on their face at this point. 

No shit, we chose someone else and told him we didn't have room to only get fucked.

4 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

I mean, who gives a shit that (if all went to plan) Cam and Kelvin wanted to commit and we have Jacob in the boat. We need OT’s worse than any other position.

This is why I’m not buying that narrative, we aren’t in any kind of position to be telling 4* OTs “no thanks we’re full.”

• Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, futureman said:

actually, guy, I never had to do that due to my rock solid insider knowledge of the university of texas football program. 

Just because you never had to do it, doesn't mean you haven't done it. 

Edited by Gil Bang

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting