Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Why is Jimbo to LSU automatic on Surly? The guy can sit on his ass and watch Netflix all day and still collect $7.5 million a year. At LSU, he'd actually have to win for that sort of scratch. 
I'd have far more respect for old Jimbo if he woke one day and decided to pull a Peter from Office Space...it would be glorious beyond belief.

10 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

So if this is real, the absolute earliest it would go into effect (and most likely time?) would be the 2023-2024 season, right? So you are pitching Stewart/Perkins et al on starting SEC play after their first season on campus. 

Arch headlines the '23 class that would go right into the new conference schedule. 

Well, Texas plays Arkie this year so that game just picked up a bunch more eyeballs and scrutiny. 

Edited by Mdhorn

7 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

Almost? 

Fuck...is their stupid ass logo going on our uniforms? They better at least jettison the collar horn.

It'll just replace the Big XII logo. The collar logo unfortunately comes with the existing Nike template, but it sounds like we're getting new jerseys (most likely with a darker orange) after this season anyway.

1286056772.jpeg

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It'll just replace the Big XII logo. The collar logo unfortunately comes with the existing Nike template, but it sounds like we're getting new jerseys (most likely with a darker orange) after this season anyway.

1286056772.jpeg

What if they remove the longhorn and put the SEC logo there? Like this:

TheWolverine - Derek Stingley Jr. honored to be the next No. 7 at LSU

Also CDC said we are likely getting new threads in 2022 so maybe they'll remove the TEXAS off the front as well.

51 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Both Arkansas and Ole Miss have convinced Nike to leave the collar patch blank for standard unis - hopefully we can do the same. Usually when Nike rolls out a new template, there's some buzz about it in advance at uniwatch/uniswag/sportslogos, especially for cfb and I don't see any. 

Just give us the throwbacks without the helmet 150 as our standard unis and I'm good for the next 100 years. I'd also be fine with a flashy alternate to placate the youngsters. 

• Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I'd also be fine with a flashy alternate to placate the youngsters. 

I just don't want something stupid, but it's one of the things I've accepted might need to happen, though in a much smaller dose than some of these other schools. Much smaller.

The kids/croots all like that type of thing, and that's whose ass we're kissing.

8 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I just don't want something stupid, but it's one of the things I've accepted might need to happen, though in a much smaller dose than some of these other schools. Much smaller.

The kids/croots all like that type of thing, and that's whose ass we're kissing.

Do it once a year for the Rice or UT[whatever] game, who actually cares? 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I do hope we continue to play Rice. 

I always enjoyed going to Rice games. I had some friends who played there like Gene Chilton's older brother. Plus, I grew up in Houston and have lots of friends who live in the neighborhood.

• Hook 'Em 2

Will be very interesting, considering the news, if he has a spot moving forward.

If we’re going to the SEC in 2022-23, then that should open the door for more recruits that may not be considering us/choosing us right now.

BJ
B Anderson
D Harris
T Brooks (OSU now)
LTG
Other?

Quite frankly, this may change the calculus on the big board. Who knows. I would thing K Banks now has second thoughts.

Time will tell.

What if they remove the longhorn and put the SEC logo there? Like this:
jh7pij9nzznpiqmydgqs

Also CDC said we are likely getting new threads in 2022 so maybe they'll remove the TEXAS off the front as well.

Like I've said before, if we do that there's a very good chance aggy puts Texas on the front of their jersey..with a tiny ass to mouth logo beneath.
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

TFLoss on Hornsports posted this:

Hamilton at IT spoke to a parent of a highly-ranked recruit and he was told Texas is going to have to turn down a lot of players once the SEC news is official.

Biggest question around this is when will we actually move over. I have a feeling these quotes are from people thinking it's instant. If it's not until 2025, does that even really affect the class of 2022? Maybe, but idk. 

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Biggest question around this is when will we actually move over. I have a feeling these quotes are from people thinking it's instant. If it's not until 2025, does that even really affect the class of 2022? Maybe, but idk. 

If Kansas bolts to BIG and 1 other school finds another landing spot quickly(WVU?) them as early as 2022-2023

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

It won't be 2025. With KU already dipping out, you know someone (WVU? Tech?) is going to kick out the last leg of the stool and be the 4th team needed to collapse the GOR and let us leave in a season.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I feel it's very slim we stay in the big 12 more than this year. ESPN/SEC will help get us out early if the league doesn't implode on itself.

Edited by canadianhorn21

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

It won't be 2025. With KU already dipping out, you know someone (WVU? Tech?) is going to just kick out the last leg of the stool and be the 4th team needed to collapse the GOR and let us leave in a season.

The problem is most of these schools are dead on arrival without Texas and ou. They could drag their feet finding a landing spot

2 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

The problem is most of these schools are dead on arrival without Texas and ou. They could drag their feet finding a landing spot

Tech and okee lite will have no problem finding homes. The rest are going to do everything in their power to find something as soon as they can so they don't et left in the dust

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It won't be 2025. With KU already dipping out, you know someone (WVU? Tech?) is going to kick out the last leg of the stool and be the 4th team needed to collapse the GOR and let us leave in a season.

More than 2 schools will definitely line up landing spots. Not worried about that at all. My main question is whether they leave before 2025 or decide the interim Big 12 $ is better. And if that's the case, does it still kill the GOR? I'm guessing it doesn't but idk.

Just now, texifornia said:

But the first one to find a new ship gets an advantage. Self interest takes over.

Really, there is no doubt. I think in Business School they talk about Prisoner's dilemma or some such. Basically, if both people remain quiet then all is well but if one talks and the other doesn't then the one who talks gets off and the other is convicted. Someone always talks. So with a number of teams in this scenario, the odds are close to 100% that someone is going to walk. No one wants to be left holding the bag. 

It’s pretty crazy that the defending NCAA basketball champs and relatively recent Big12 football runner up might be left behind with nowhere to go. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving school, though. 

Edited by TXRed
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Really, there is no doubt. I think in Business School they talk about Prisoner's dilemma or some such. Basically, if both people remain quiet then all is well but if one talks and the other doesn't then the one who talks gets off and the other is convicted. Someone always talks. So with a number of teams in this scenario, the odds are close to 100% that someone is going to walk. No one wants to be left holding the bag. 

It’s called Game Theory. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It’s called Game Theory. 

Just FYI since I bothered to look it up on wiki:

Prisoner's dilemma

The prisoner's dilemma is a standard example of a game analyzed in game theory that shows why two completely rational individuals might not cooperate, even if it appears that it is in their best interests to do so. It was originally framed by Merrill Flood and Melvin Dresher while working at RAND in 1950. Albert W. Tucker formalized the game with prison sentence rewards and named it "prisoner's dilemma",[1] presenting it as follows:

Two members of a criminal organization are arrested and imprisoned. Each prisoner is in solitary confinement with no means of communicating with the other. The prosecutors lack sufficient evidence to convict the pair on the principal charge, but they have enough to convict both on a lesser charge. Simultaneously, the prosecutors offer each prisoner a bargain. Each prisoner is given the opportunity either to betray the other by testifying that the other committed the crime, or to cooperate with the other by remaining silent. The possible outcomes are:

• If A and B each betray the other, each of them serves two years in prison
  • If A betrays B but B remains silent, A will be set free and B will serve three years in prison
  • If A remains silent but B betrays A, A will serve three years in prison and B will be set free
  • If A and B both remain silent, both of them will serve only one year in prison (on the lesser charge).

It is implied that the prisoners will have no opportunity to reward or punish their partner other than the prison sentences they get and that their decision will not affect their reputation in the future. As betraying a partner offers a greater reward than cooperating with them, all purely rational self-interested prisoners will betray the other, meaning the only possible outcome for two purely rational prisoners is for them to betray each other, even though mutual cooperation would yield greater reward.[2]

Edited by Bevo

40 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

Nah. The league is now 8. Then Kansas trades on its basketball asset, it’s 7. Tech & OSU know that 7 is not a league. They will call the other power 4’s and be gone next year. The others…. Who cares?

50 minutes ago, TXRed said:

It’s pretty crazy that the defending NCAA basketball champs and relatively recent Big12 football runner up might be left behind with nowhere to go. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving school, though. 

Maybe they can land a spot on the Magnolia Network.

• Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting