Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

32 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

It might be unpopular but I wish we would have pushed harder for Klubnik when Sark first arrived. That dude is a baller.

would have been nice for Sark to have offered Weigman too..  But we have Maalik, and the kid is good

34 minutes ago, texifornia said:

....at third base in a major league organization after a year of getting sick of Jimbo grabbing and screaming into his facemask.

He's talking about Murphy never seeing the field if Arch signs with the good guys.

It might be unpopular but I wish we would have pushed harder for Klubnik when Sark first arrived. That dude is a baller.
I could be wrong, but I think if we land Manning then all the good QB's we whiffed on in '20-'21 wont matter.

2 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

I’m not surprised that our slow ass athletic department may prolong the initiation of NIL and screw up recruiting for the 2022 class. 

Honestly even with our glacial AD (hi Plonsky!) and funky state laws, most of that should be sorted out by the time Harris shows up.

The problem is our football recruiting back office right now is a friendly over-promoted guy who doesn't actually want to be a recruiting director, and some assistants and GAs. It's no wonder the concerted message isn't there.

IT confirmed that Perkins won't be visiting and will be at aggy on Saturday. 

A week ago Gerry was on the same site saying if Texas moves to the SEC they would be tough to beat. Now the SEC move looks inevitable and we can't even hold on to the scheduled visit. Life comes at you fast I guess.

16 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

IT confirmed that Perkins won't be visiting and will be at aggy on Saturday. 

A week ago Gerry was on the same site saying if Texas moves to the SEC they would be tough to beat. Now the SEC move looks inevitable and we can't even hold on to the scheduled visit. Life comes at you fast I guess.

Money Hbo GIF by Vinyl

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I agree with all of the comments on NIL, and I also immediately thought something was wrong when the NIL news broke and our response was to seemingly act like our current and future players are just random strangers trying to promote themselves on YouTube or Instagram. 

Having said that, some of these recruitments just feel like the $9.95ers oversold hope on certain guys and now are in CYA mode to find a different excuse for the recruit going elsewhere.   Banks was never a Texas lock except to IT.   Harris has seemed like a Bama recruit waiting to happen, except IT kept insisting (until now I guess) that Texas leads.  Anderson was a Texas lock going back to March until like 3 missed deadlines later when they had to admit aggy and other schools may be a factor.  Perkins and Dewberry - come on, it’s insane even by $9.95er standards that they still talk about these two guys. Oh, and it’s because Sark isn’t a closer, etc.  Not because they were just full of shit.

A bunch of these guys would have been commits by now if we were actually in as strong a position as the $9.95ers indicated in the spring - regardless of NIL, back office recruiting positions, Sark being laid back, whatever.   The track record of Texas actually landing the big name, clickbait guys the $9.95ers hype as Texas leans but who mysteriously stay uncommitted for month after month is pretty damn low.  They do this every year.  

Hell, they even kept trying to hint at Ewers eventually ending up at Texas until very recently.  Futureman is the only person on this board who even tries to say that, if that helps put things in context for you.

How do I take back my $9.95

If Eltife really follows recruiting "as much as us," how the fuck do we not have the bag dropping and NIL shit lined up by now? You'd think he has people setting this shit up and having it running by now.

Maybe I'm wrong and he has no swing with that, but it seems like he can and should do something about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Dropping the ball on the NIL is completely infuriating. That should have been an easy lay up for a recruiting boost. Whoever thought focusing on the players whoring themselves out on social media and starting shitty clothing lines was the way to lead with the NIL I hope is already unemployed by the university.

• Hook 'Em 6

20 minutes ago, MichaelDicksonFanClub said:

Need CTJ to calm us down by dropping some nuggets on the network to get our players payed that he referenced about a week ago

If the tide is shifting as is being reported, we don’t want to read his nuggets.  They’ll be bad.  I guess we need to win.  Thanks Strong and Herman…

If Eltife really follows recruiting "as much as us," how the fuck do we not have the bag dropping and NIL shit lined up by now? You'd think he has people setting this shit up and having it running by now.
Maybe I'm wrong and he has no swing with that, but it seems like he can and should do something about it.
Seems he's been a little busy trying to make the SEC thing happen..and much quicker than 4 years. If everything is up to him we're in trouble.

13 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Seems he's been a little busy trying to make the SEC thing happen..and much quicker than 4 years. If everything is up to him we're in trouble.

That's partially why I said that he should have other people setting it up, but of course he's been busy. We absolutely need to get this shit rolling ASAP or else the SEC bump won't really do that much for the 2022 class.

Sure seems like our staff got shat on for this weekend. Harris, Brenen, and Perkins all visiting Aggy and not us? Ridiculous.

I'm sure visit bags are dropping in CS (why else would guys like Walter Nolen suddenly be flying in). Minor factor but we also whiffed by letting them get theirs on Saturday while ours is on a work day for the parents/uncles.

The good news is that most of these guys are supposed to decide months from now which gives us time to get our NIL machine rolling (hopefully). NIL is one pitch that doesn't take time to change opinions on. Pretty instant. Also yeah, we gotta win games.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting