Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 minutes ago, ousux said:
46 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:
It’s really difficult to believe that one woman is primarily responsible for all of our athletic woes across all sports for 3-4 decades. It’s literally incredible. 

Not primarily responsible, but she has no love for the sports that promote "toxic masculinity". In descending order, football, basketball and baseball

She instead promotes sports full of toxic femininity. Wait...that's redundant. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The move to the SEC, as it was coming to a head, took priority above everything at the leadership levels. It sucks, but it's understandable. The current handwringing about NIL here and elsewhere is justified, but this is a temporary issue and remedies across the span of the opportunities for the athletes at UT, for the long term and leveraging competitive advantages few can combat, are being worked on. Ultimately, whatever happens in the 2022 class, should there be casualties, will not be a harbinger for even the near future. 

Remember that this shit, especially during this cycle, changes rapidly. Billy Liucci funneling $10k to a couple of guys looks amazing until Jamison lands 5 deals on that level or better in the next few months. That's not a distant hope, so let's see how shit unfolds over this period. 

I said this on another thread last week or early this week, I guess, but "compliance" and one of the major hold-ups for anything getting done with Texas regarding NIL right now is Chris Plonsky. She's fucking buddies with Ketchum and has even "fed" him information over the years when it suited her. That's why he's gotten shit through when no one else has. She's basically looming like a gargoyle over all things NIL and killing it because it threatens the perceived fiefdom of the LHF and the AD. 

That is about to change, but there are clearly reasons why she hasn't been shown the door previously given that she's a known bureaucratic troll. This is a tipping point and she's not reading the room, however. 

Not going into any details and not saying I agree, but we didn't lose KG.

You're looking at a snapshot and this is a moving picture.

I will agree with everyone that the UT football staff's recruiting engine, currently, looks second rate with the constant flat-footed nature of their handling of twists and turns. This has been one of the greatest 8 days in the history of recruiting cycles for UT and they look like a bunch of monkeys trying to fuck a football.

image.gif.892797f9d30b04d90d7b578309e54ba8.gif

I'll never understand why any of y'all ever believe $9.95ers. They're trolls. They make money off of invisible "sources". You can't make fun of them and then get upset when they're clearly 99% wrong on just about everything. They have zero sources since Sark came on board, obviously. Stop doing this to yourself. 

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The move to the SEC, as it was coming to a head, took priority above everything at the leadership levels. It sucks, but it's understandable. The current handwringing about NIL here and elsewhere is justified, but this is a temporary issue and remedies across the span of the opportunities for the athletes at UT, for the long term and leveraging competitive advantages few can combat, are being worked on. Ultimately, whatever happens in the 2022 class, should there be casualties, will not be a harbinger for even the near future. 

Remember that this shit, especially during this cycle, changes rapidly. Billy Liucci funneling $10k to a couple of guys looks amazing until Jamison lands 5 deals on that level or better in the next few months. That's not a distant hope, so let's see how shit unfolds over this period. 

I said this on another thread last week or early this week, I guess, but "compliance" and one of the major hold-ups for anything getting done with Texas regarding NIL right now is Chris Plonsky. She's fucking buddies with Ketchum and has even "fed" him information over the years when it suited her. That's why he's gotten shit through when no one else has. She's basically looming like a gargoyle over all things NIL and killing it because it threatens the perceived fiefdom of the LHF and the AD. 

That is about to change, but there are clearly reasons why she hasn't been shown the door previously given that she's a known bureaucratic troll. This is a tipping point and she's not reading the room, however. 

Not going into any details and not saying I agree, but we didn't lose KG.

You're looking at a snapshot and this is a moving picture.

I will agree with everyone that the UT football staff's recruiting engine, currently, looks second rate with the constant flat-footed nature of their handling of twists and turns. This has been one of the greatest 8 days in the history of recruiting cycles for UT and they look like a bunch of monkeys trying to fuck a football.

One of the best SURLY posts in a long time... OUTSTANDING !!!  🤘

1 hour ago, Burntcowboy said:

I follow most of our remaining targets and asked a couple yesterday and im still seeing almost all of them would be arriving either later today or first thing in the morning. I know Manning was still up in the air.
Jonathan Jensen posted this. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Burntcowboy said:

I follow most of our remaining targets and asked a couple yesterday and im still seeing almost all of them would be arriving either later today or first thing in the morning. I know Manning was still up in the air.
Jonathan Jensen posted this. 

Please don't do that.

• Hook 'Em 1

On a separate note but germane to NIL and recruiting, if any of you or your ilk is a streetfighting hustler that can think and analyze quickly, write well, keep your lips zipped, take fast direction and has time on their hands in the next 96 hours, DM me. We're entering crunchtime on pulling some shit together for some folks that can impact things and realizing we're short on some key data/insights that will support/reinforce some of the points. Same for any lawyer who has read the state NIL shit and feels comfy providing some specific talking points in a non-binding way. 

I can honestly say that @texifornia and lawyer @Burt Macklin are almost certainly not doing more important shit on this board right now. Also, where is fucking @Machinator when he can legitimately do something to help this fucked up program get its shit together? Christ. 

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

Is there any cause for concern with this lawsuit from the big 12?  I was talking to someone at work and he said there might be evidence that ESPN violated the contract by talking to other schools about big 12 teams. 

image.gif.ea82d9bd04b4b9bb357b7d35f35a2e4e.gif

To answer your question though, ESPN isn’t worried in the slightest….ask Burke Magnus.

29 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

Is there any cause for concern with this lawsuit from the big 12?  I was talking to someone at work and he said there might be evidence that ESPN violated the contract by talking to other schools about big 12 teams. 

No. There's literally zero legal merit to what Bowlsby sent to ESPN.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting