Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Larry Turner-Gooden and Austin Jordan. Still have hope for Bryce Anderson. Maybe circle back to Guilbeau if Anderson goes aggy.

Considering all 4 names posted I don’t think  it’s an either/or situation regarding any of them. Only 1 is committed, and I think only 1(Guilbeau) has a chance to play corner. Either way aren’t in a position to “circle back” on anybody. Take what we can get at this point. And it’s not like Jaylon is a scrub either.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Considering all 4 names posted I don’t think  it’s an either/or situation regarding any of them. Only 1 is committed, and I think only 1(Guilbeau) has a chance to play corner. Either way aren’t in a position to “circle back” on anybody. Take what we can get at this point. And it’s not like Jaylon is a scrub either.

Anderson and potentially Jordan are both guys that can play corner. None of that group, including Guilbeau, is an island guy.

Edited by texifornia

On 7/20/2021 at 1:23 PM, Hank_Hill said:

So it’s a weak list because we are getting good players who we need to work on in instead of layups? 

After catching up on a week's worth of posts, I must say this attempt at pumping sunshine aged pretty poorly. SIAP

(Bobby Burton) Friday: Over-under and recruiting

Here’s a prop bet for those inclined. How quickly do you think this morning’s meeting of the Board of Regents to accept the SEC’s invitation will take? I’m thinking 45 minutes is my personal over-under.

While the news of the impending SEC conference affiliation has overshadowed other Longhorn news in the past week, that doesn’t mean other issues of importance have just stopped. Recruiting is case in point. And it’s not necessarily good news, either. This week, Inside Texas learned that Tenaha linebacker Jeremy Patton is expected to choose Michigan on Saturday and that blue chips Denver Harris, a cornerback from North Shore, and Harold Perkins, a linebacker from Cy Ridge, are not attending the Texas recruiting BBQ event this weekend.

So what is the issue? I think it’s more than just one thing. But fundamentally, I feel the Horns are simply being out-recruited. Patton is a big red flag. He’s apparently opting to head to Michigan, which has a lame duck coach at best, over Texas. And it’s not like Texas slow-played him or anything of the sort. I know there are mitigating factors, like the coaching change, like NIL, and recent performance on the field. But the Texas football staff needs to find a way to overcome all that. If Texas is going to be in the SEC, the Horns are going to need the players to compete at the highest level.

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Larry Turner-Gooden and Austin Jordan. Still have hope for Bryce Anderson. Maybe circle back to Guilbeau if Anderson goes aggy.

none of those dudes project play the same position as Guilbeau though, right?

Anderson and Hyphen as straight safety

Jordan is nickle or safety?

Guilbeau was actual CB i thought

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

*nickel

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, NoName said:

Anderson has been told he can play corner by our coaches. TBD if he stays there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 months ago we were all celebrating a staff of elite recruiters.  It’s not like this program is in the gutter we won the sugar bowl 3 years ago and we’re 7-3 last year.  We’ve started putting players in the NFL again.  Now we have big news about the SEC.  Where our recruiting is makes absolutely no sense.  I do get the feeling that Sark is a bit too laid back with recruiting.  He needs to be to know how to close.  Our alumni base and AD need to figure out how to get these dudes paid ASAP.  We are going to need to buy our way into being a competitive program like UGA, aggy, Clemson, Oregon.  It’s clear that the Texas brand really doesn’t mean that much right now with everyone negative recruiting us and us hiring a twice failed head coach.  I really hope Sark works out because he has flamed out in big fashion at his previous stops.  We also need to figure out a bag game and NIL deals some. This program cannot afford to have another shitty recruiting class after the dud we put together last year.

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, victory88 said:

It’s clear that the Texas brand really doesn’t mean that much right now with everyone negative recruiting us and us hiring a twice failed head coach.  I really hope Sark works out because he has flamed out in big fashion at his previous stops.

Once failed.  He didn't fail at Washington - he left to take a better gig.

28 minutes ago, victory88 said:

6 months ago we were all celebrating a staff of elite recruiters.  It’s not like this program is in the gutter we won the sugar bowl 3 years ago and we’re 7-3 last year.  We’ve started putting players in the NFL again.  Now we have big news about the SEC.  Where our recruiting is makes absolutely no sense.  I do get the feeling that Sark is a bit too laid back with recruiting.  He needs to be to know how to close.  Our alumni base and AD need to figure out how to get these dudes paid ASAP.  We are going to need to buy our way into being a competitive program like UGA, aggy, Clemson, Oregon.  It’s clear that the Texas brand really doesn’t mean that much right now with everyone negative recruiting us and us hiring a twice failed head coach.  I really hope Sark works out because he has flamed out in big fashion at his previous stops.  We also need to figure out a bag game and NIL deals some. This program cannot afford to have another shitty recruiting class after the dud we put together last year.

Preach on, brother

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting