Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

If Texas lands Patton, I am going to give credit to @South Austin because he has kinfolk in Tenaha. I'm sure he put in the good work to bring Patton back to his senses and steer him away from that weird cake baking, ugly khaki-wearing, and creepy sleepover-ing Harbaugh.

My ex’s kinfolk, but you’re very kind and I’ll take whatever credit I can get.

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

If Texas lands Patton, I am going to give credit to @South Austin because he has kinfolk in Tenaha. I'm sure he put in the good work to bring Patton back to his senses and steer him away from that weird cake baking, ugly khaki-wearing, and creepy sleepover-ing Harbaugh.

Probably should thank his mom.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Michigan insider on Patton, via IT:

"I stayed off of a Crystal Ball here because I was told he had given a silent verbal to all three programs he listed as his finalists. Silent verbals remain basically worthless.

Given what has transpired behind the scenes, I would be SHOCKED if this recruitment is over. The only thing will be whether or not Michigan believes it will be worth the effort. My INSTINCT says they will move on. Could actually see him ending up at Texas when all is said and done if the UT staff decides to continue recruiting him."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Its been barely 24 hours and we are about to get a commit in 9 minutes. I don't understand the constant emotional pendulum when its proven almost every year that Texas will get its guys. We don't need to be full of the virtue of patience, but we as a fanbase definitely need more of it than we currently have.

I guess I’m thinking that we will need the big guns to compete in the SEC. I was hoping this new staff would have a Georgia type recruiting effect and it hasn’t at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I think Brown and Patton are the defensive version of Hutson/Robertson, so I’m putting in an old man’s wrinkled ball for Patton to Texas. Hell, why not two balls.

I'll chip in a couple of saggies. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting