Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

49 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

OB’s latest comments re NIL and recruiting:

No. 3 - Stop with the NIL is crushing recruiting stuff...

I can tell who does and does not read this column on a regular basis almost entirely by some of the reactions this weekend to the news that Texas is...wait for it...a bit sluggish in recruiting with elite prospects at the moment.

SHOCKING!!!!!!

Or not.

One of the trendy talking points for those that will do anything to create talking points is to point the finger at the new boogieman of Texas football recruiting...NIL.

Understand this - Texas' lack of momentum in the 2022 recruiting class didn't start on July 1. Almost eight months have passed since Texas landed Maalik Murphy in recruiting and the program hasn't landed a player in the Rivals Top 150 since.

The reality is that it feels better to say that Kelvin Banks picked Oregon because of NIL as opposed to admitting that he might not believe in the vision and messaging of the program from the coaching staff. Or that he doesn't want to be alone in coming to Austin.

It's just the newest form of excuse-making... the kind that Aggies have embarked on for much of the last 20-25 years before Jimbo Fisher was able to change the narrative.

No. 4 - Let's go over the non-NIL problems...

Instead of misplacing responsibility, let's take a look at the real issues facing the program as things currently stand in the 2022 class.

1. As has been mentioned in this column countless times, elite of the elite prospects aren't giving this coaching staff the kind of first-year benefit of the doubt that Charlie Strong and Tom Herman both received.

2. This staff can do better and finish better. Both the De'Anthony Gatson and Kelvin Banks recruitments featured miscalculations or misreadings. There's no reason to belabor the points again and again and again. The staff can be better.

3. In the case of a few recruits around the state, there's a sense that there are briefcases full of cash in play. Of course, you know what the SEC calls recruitments that involve briefcases full of cash? They call it Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...

I don't know what to tell you about the third point, but the first two can be controlled and addressed with quality play on the field this season and the staff doing a better job.

Or maybe people with actual pull are starting to ask questions about why Texas recruits and players are not getting massive NIL deals. And if the flood gates open then none of these players would give OB and the fat fuck the time of day, so this is just ketch protecting his investment.

Posting here since there are some common targets

Pierogi on A&M’s recruiting weekend 

Spoiler

I’ve talked to a number of people and gotten feedback from players and other sources. This past weekend was absolutely huge for A&M. Here are some notes on guys that were there.

-I am going to put in an A&M Crystal Ball prediction for national top-50 ATH Deyon Bouie. A&M was in really good shape with him after his unofficial visit early in June and nothing has changed on that front. He spent the whole weekend again for a second time and it helped even more. I think there’s a chance you could see something happen soon but, even if not, I think it will be A&M.

Also, A&M is recruiting him at corner. However, with the numbers of defensive backs the Aggies are still in on, the possibility that have fans mentioned of him playing offense is not out of the question. If A&M lands a bunch of other guys in the secondary, A&M loves his potential as a wideout as well. A&M is okay with taking six DBs and lowering the number in the 2023 class. So, depending how many others join, Bouie to offense is a possibility.

-Bear Alexander is also very high on A&M. I put in a Crystal Ball for him after he decommitted from Georgia and I still like it. I think he and Bouie end up at the same place and, like Bouie, a decision could come soon. But, even if not, the Aggies have reason to feel good.

-Just like after his official visit weekend, I still feel good about A&M landing Harold Perkins. He still plans to wait until the Under Armour game to announce, but there’s a chance he could do it sooner. LSU is still in it as well but the Aggies are in really good shape.

-I still also like where A&M is with Chris Marshall. I shared in another thread that Marshall has only taken two official visits and only ‘might’ take on to Alabama this fall. He says he still wants to wait until after the season but A&M has made him a priority and it’s something he likes.

-Bryce Anderson and Jimbo Fisher had their conversation on Saturday and I’ve heard that went really well. He’s a big fan of Fisher and Fisher is really wanting him on board. A ton of Anderson’s good friends are currently committed to A&M and others are leaning that way and that helps a ton.

His plan now is to be at Texas’ home opener and then a game at A&M not long after and then make a decision. A&M is in good shape there. The Longhorns are still in it, but this weekend went a ways with the Aggies’ momentum.

-The Jacoby Mathews recruitment is going to be really interesting to follow. He left very high on A&M. However, going back to Louisiana and getting pressure about LSU is always something worrisome. But, he is close with Anderson so, if Anderson ends up at A&M, that is going to help with Mathews a ton. There is a lot cautious optimism on Mathews.

-As far as Jaylon Guilbeau, I think he could be a victim of the numbers. While he is friends with Anderson, they are not a package deal. They have had fun with that idea on social media but it’s not something that is set or anything. I think Guilbeau is a big fan of A&M and would commit but I don’t think there will be room.

-On the other hand, while things have not completely been settled on this front, I think Julian Humphrey will have a spot in the class. And I think he will end up an Aggie.

-On the one negative front, I don’t think A&M is in the best shape with Kam Dewberry at the moment. While most think Ohio State is the one to beat after his official visit last month, I would watch out for Oklahoma as well. The Sooners are very much in that one. A&M is not out of it but has a lot of work to do.

-I have not heard a ton on the defensive linemen that were in town but you saw the update that Shemar Stewart is returning for an official during the Alabama game. The Aggies are back in it for Omari Aboras well and will likely get him on campus for an official. I know Walter Nolen had a good time but have not heard yet how realistic A&M’s chances are with him just yet.

-Also, while we have not been told by anyone that was 100-percent sure he wasn't there, but no recruits saw Denver Harris there. Either way, he’s a longshot for A&M. Alabama is in really good shape there and actions speak louder than words. He wasn’t at Texas on Friday and if he wasn’t at A&M, that is telling.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Posting here since there are some common targets

Pierogi on A&M’s recruiting weekend 

Reveal hidden contents

I’ve talked to a number of people and gotten feedback from players and other sources. This past weekend was absolutely huge for A&M. Here are some notes on guys that were there.

-I am going to put in an A&M Crystal Ball prediction for national top-50 ATH Deyon Bouie. A&M was in really good shape with him after his unofficial visit early in June and nothing has changed on that front. He spent the whole weekend again for a second time and it helped even more. I think there’s a chance you could see something happen soon but, even if not, I think it will be A&M.

Also, A&M is recruiting him at corner. However, with the numbers of defensive backs the Aggies are still in on, the possibility that have fans mentioned of him playing offense is not out of the question. If A&M lands a bunch of other guys in the secondary, A&M loves his potential as a wideout as well. A&M is okay with taking six DBs and lowering the number in the 2023 class. So, depending how many others join, Bouie to offense is a possibility.

-Bear Alexander is also very high on A&M. I put in a Crystal Ball for him after he decommitted from Georgia and I still like it. I think he and Bouie end up at the same place and, like Bouie, a decision could come soon. But, even if not, the Aggies have reason to feel good.

-Just like after his official visit weekend, I still feel good about A&M landing Harold Perkins. He still plans to wait until the Under Armour game to announce, but there’s a chance he could do it sooner. LSU is still in it as well but the Aggies are in really good shape.

-I still also like where A&M is with Chris Marshall. I shared in another thread that Marshall has only taken two official visits and only ‘might’ take on to Alabama this fall. He says he still wants to wait until after the season but A&M has made him a priority and it’s something he likes.

-Bryce Anderson and Jimbo Fisher had their conversation on Saturday and I’ve heard that went really well. He’s a big fan of Fisher and Fisher is really wanting him on board. A ton of Anderson’s good friends are currently committed to A&M and others are leaning that way and that helps a ton.

His plan now is to be at Texas’ home opener and then a game at A&M not long after and then make a decision. A&M is in good shape there. The Longhorns are still in it, but this weekend went a ways with the Aggies’ momentum.

-The Jacoby Mathews recruitment is going to be really interesting to follow. He left very high on A&M. However, going back to Louisiana and getting pressure about LSU is always something worrisome. But, he is close with Anderson so, if Anderson ends up at A&M, that is going to help with Mathews a ton. There is a lot cautious optimism on Mathews.

-As far as Jaylon Guilbeau, I think he could be a victim of the numbers. While he is friends with Anderson, they are not a package deal. They have had fun with that idea on social media but it’s not something that is set or anything. I think Guilbeau is a big fan of A&M and would commit but I don’t think there will be room.

-On the other hand, while things have not completely been settled on this front, I think Julian Humphrey will have a spot in the class. And I think he will end up an Aggie.

-On the one negative front, I don’t think A&M is in the best shape with Kam Dewberry at the moment. While most think Ohio State is the one to beat after his official visit last month, I would watch out for Oklahoma as well. The Sooners are very much in that one. A&M is not out of it but has a lot of work to do.

-I have not heard a ton on the defensive linemen that were in town but you saw the update that Shemar Stewart is returning for an official during the Alabama game. The Aggies are back in it for Omari Aboras well and will likely get him on campus for an official. I know Walter Nolen had a good time but have not heard yet how realistic A&M’s chances are with him just yet.

-Also, while we have not been told by anyone that was 100-percent sure he wasn't there, but no recruits saw Denver Harris there. Either way, he’s a longshot for A&M. Alabama is in really good shape there and actions speak louder than words. He wasn’t at Texas on Friday and if he wasn’t at A&M, that is telling.

Just for shits and grins I looked at 247 team recruiting. I went back as far as 2010 and they have never finished higher than 4th overall lol. I understand Perroni has to be a homer because his fanbase is a bunch of dipshits but come on man, you feel good about everybody...all of them. Kam Dewberry has a favorite two of teams that produce nfl OL and aggy is still in it hahaha. It's going to be miserable being around these stupid fuckers again. 

(Eric Nahlin) Scoop: NIL and recruiting rundown

When an outcome with paradigm shifting consequences is undetermined, we’re of the opinion people should operate off at least two different tracks until you have clarity of direction. Here is Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte discussing month-old NIL legislation:

Regarding NIL, Del Conte said he believes there will be federal intervention soon in the form of a narrow antitrust law. “You can have something in Oregon that’s different in Florida, that’s different in Maine, that’s different in Texas. That’s just not how we’re operating. Am I anticipating that [intervention]? Yes.”

Waiting for federal intervention — inaction — is one track, I suppose. What’s the other? NIL is of course name, image, and likeness which affords college athletes the ability to monetize the same. Essentially they can make money off things that belong to them every bit as much as their own thoughts, provided they don’t use trademarked material. We don’t know what Chris Del Conte’s personal beliefs are on the matter, but it’s quite concerning he seems content to let UT fall behind on taking advantage of legislation that should benefit Texas more than any other school.

If Texas doesn’t capitalize on NIL, the move to the SEC will be more shortsighted than..:..Texas not capitalizing on NIL. While NIL is currently in its infant stages, that doesn’t matter in the proactive world of recruiting. If you’re reacting in recruiting, you’re falling behind. This is a useful article to see where things sit on the macro level after one month, but it doesn‘t mention the velocity with which we’re about to see things pick up nationally:

It also doesn’t mention the micro concerns of Texas. While it is concerning tenured UT bureaucrat Chris Plonsky heads up the NIL committee, we’re not hearing of any large deals getting hung up in compliance. She makes for an easy scapegoat, and whoever put her in that position is one odd duck, but so far she seems to be more of a scapegoat. Our info on that could change with one phone call.

The much bigger concern is lack of coordination between the AD and boosters of all sizes who stand at the ready to help. Here’s an example: “Talked to a few guys last week about getting a group together to sponsor some appearances and maybe give kids like 5k or something for taking some pictures or something. Everyone is asking what red tape we would have to go through and how easy it would be.“

Here’s another. This guy isn’t a cigar yet, but he’s at least an unfiltered cigarette: ”The fact that I have a group text with 100 of my fraternity brothers looking to organize a NIL cash funnel for an appearance at a “dinner” and no one can seem to figure out where the hell to get the process started isn’t a good look… everyone just pretty much says ‘ah **** it.’” I get texts like this all the time and have heard anecdotes of people willing to spend big money with no idea where to go with it. These are all people who Del Conte or one of his donor reps have on speed dial.

If Texas tackled this issue with the fervor it attacks trademark infringement, or the aggression it dials for dollars, NIL would be the huge coup for the school it should be. Del Conte will eventually be saved by a private, organized group. Maybe that’s the other track.

RECRUITING

While June was a sprint and July was M-60 level dud, we enter August where recruiting often takes second stage to fall camp. But, recruiting still matters, especially for those set to announce before their season. Let's get the latest as we get prepared for two-a-days.

RB Jamarion Miller, Legacy (Tyler, TX) (TEXAS) - 2022: The four-star tailback and UT pledge made an unofficial trip to Norman, OK on Saturday. Miller previously told OU running back coach Demarco Murray he'd visit Norman at some point and he followed through. Miller told IT on Sunday evening he's not looking at a flip or de-commitment. Miller even mentioned the loaded Sooners' RB class for 2022 and he's happy at Texas. Take it as you will. We're still watching.

WR Evan Stewart, Liberty (Frisco, TX) - 2022: After taking another trip to Gainesville on Saturday, the composite five-star and Rocket Ismail impersonator decided to stop by campus on Sunday evening for a student visit stroll around campus. This is another pursuit where the staff has actually built a nice relationship with the prospect and there's reason for optimism. The UT-to-SEC news resonated. His influencer status is legitimate. And his ability on the field is virtually unmatched for his cycle.

OL Devon Campbell, Bowie (Arlington, TX) - 2022: The 6-foot-4, 300 pound monster made a surprise visit to UT's BBQ and pool party on Friday. One of biggest priorities on the offensive line for the Texas staff, Campbell continues to let his actions speak louder than his words. He's been to Austin more than anywhere, and even though he's watching the Sooners closely up north, we feel like Kyle Flood and Jeff Banks are pacing this pursuit. Campbell gushed about Flood, Sark, the staff, players, and overall environment on the Forty Acres the day UT took one step closer to entering the Southeastern Conference.

OL Harris Sewell, Permian (Odessa, TX) - 2023: The state's top junior offensive lineman recently tripped to Clemson, one of the many major programs interested in the 6-foot-4, 290-pound four-star. He took unofficials to LSU, Texas A&M, and TCU in June, and hung out with Arch Manning and Johntay Cook on June 12th at UT. Sewell really enjoyed Clemson, and continues to build relationships with the Tigers staff, he told IT. He also said the Texas coaches keep close tabs on him and hopes to see a game in Austin this fall. Sewell remains wide open and doesn’t appear close to narrowing down the process. Texas is in the thick of it, but this one should be a marathon.

DE Omari Abor, Duncanville (Duncanville, TX) - 2022: The good news is Texas will not go away. The staff is pushing the 6-foot-4, 240 pound five-star composite to give the Horns a harder look, and after this weekend, they might've gotten his attention. Add to the fact he told IT that OU hadn't been reaching out with the frequency like before, and Texas sees more opportunity. The bad news is Ohio State and Alabama look like they both want him and it's hard to battle those two on big guys that live on the line of scrimmage. The Buckeyes' sell to Abor of being the next Chase Young or Bosa brother is tough to turn down. IT could see Abor returning for a game this season, or catching Texas-OU, a game he wants to watch. Let's see where these sweepstakes are in a few months.

DL Aaron Bryant, Southaven (Southaven, MS) - 2022: After thoroughly enjoying his June official visit to UT, Bryant is eager to return for a game this fall. Before that, he wants to announce his commitment on August 26th. On the surface, that is good news for Texas. The Longhorns have targeted the 6-foot-4, 300-pounder for months, and have been leading Texas A&M and others in recent weeks. Bryant made an unofficial visit to Ole Miss on Friday, and could go back this fall for an OV. With Texas A&M having Jadon Scarlett committed, leading largely for Bear Alexander, and in the hunt for Gabe Dindy-Barlow and Anthony Lucas, the Aggies may take more of a wait-and-see approach on defensive line recruiting. If Texas wins out August 26th, the move to the SEC was an impactful data point but UT will need to continue recruiting Bryant through the tape.

LB Eoghan Kerry, Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) - 2022: With Jeremy Patton headed to Waco and our doubts the Horns circle back on the ETX product, the 6-foot-3, 225-pounder from Cali hit Austin on Friday and left with an offer. The three-star with a 1380 SAT and Ivy league offers actually grew up loving the Longhorns after being "brainwashed by family" for years. This visit was special to Kerry and company. He holds offers from UT, UCLA, Colorado, and Florida State, and took an official trip to Boulder and unofficial to Tallahassee earlier this summer. His goal is return for an official this fall.

LB Trevell Johnson, Martin (Arlington, TX) (TEXAS) - 2022: The 6-foot-1, 200-pound inside backer told IT he could potentially miss the season with a hip injury (torn labrum) this week. That's horrible news for the UT commit who is part of an extremely nasty defense at Martin with Ernest Cooper IV and Javien Toviano. He was recently in Austin and Lubbock visiting family and friends at both spots. But Texas Tech has increased the attention and made the three-star a priority. The Texas staff will continue to monitor his status.

DB Bryce Anderson, West Brook (Beaumont, TX) - 2022: Nothing of note changed after the weekend for the elite defensive back prospect. At this point, it’s all about sitting back and making sure that Anderson makes the right decision. Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian was more aggressive with Anderson on Friday, but not too aggressive. Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher is always aggressive in his pitch. Anderson will likely announce a decision in September, and make a visit to each school for games early that month. And for the record, Anderson is not a lock to go to the same school as Jaylon Guilbeau.

DB Jaylon Guilbeau, Memorial (Port Arthur, TX): It appears he’s regretting the decision to de-commit from Texas. Right now, TCU is the likely favorite. The reason is both Texas and Texas A&M aren’t all in on the 6-foot-0, 180-pounder. Could Texas A&M take Guilbeau if they think it would ultimately help with Anderson? Sure. Could Texas do the same? Sure, but Anderson will make his own decision. If Guilbeau and Anderson happen to go to the same school, no surprise. If Guilbeau ends up at TCU, IT can assure everyone that Anderson isn’t headed to Fort Worth. So the talk of a package deal is not a lock, at all. The Aggies are also expected to pick up a commitment soon from one-time Georgia verbal Deyon Bouie (Bainbridge, GA). Bouie could factor into defensive back recruiting for Texas A&M, but he could also play an Ainias Smith role on offense at the next level.

DL Quency Wiggins, Madison Prep (Baton Rouge, LA): Wiggins thoroughly enjoyed his unofficial visit to Texas on Friday, and will return for an official this fall, Wiggins told IT. Alabama and LSU are ahead of the Horns and Auburn, according to a source. For those wondering if Texas likes or loves the 6-foot-6, 271-pounder with an 85-inch wingspan…the staff loves him. Alabama will take him if his first game or two in September matches the standout camp performance, according to a person close to Alabama. Texas moved the needle and that's as much as Bo Davis and crew could ask for considering his region and roots. He’d be a hard pull from in-state LSU, but he tells IT, it’s not out of the question. Not after Friday.

DL Jaray Bledsoe, Marlin (Marlin, TX) - 2022: The big interior defender tried to get to Austin on Friday, but his transportation fell through. That could be a continued issue in this recruitment. Texas wants Bledsoe, and is currently planning to bring him in for an official visit this fall. Alabama, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and LSU remain in contact, and are potential visit destinations.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm not going to quote his dumb ass, but aggy is only behind us right now because they have less commits. Their average commit score is almost two points higher than ours. They are outperforming us in recruiting - right now - but that doesn't mean it can't change. We need to win and get NIL up and running to a higher standard.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Just win and the rest will take care of itself. Also, it is fucking July for crying out loud, long ways to go before papers will be signed. 

Will you stupid fucks stop saying this, this take has been repeated on this board  ad nauseum for the last 10 years and it has never worked out.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Are we going to have a million dollar 40 yard race?  The 40 yards of Longhorn Gold so the speak, with Marquise on the trophy?

Holy shit, we can actually pay players to compete in fun games now. You definitely could sponsor a 40-yard dash, or, hell, even a video game tournament, and pay the winner.

Not to mention, couldn't we now (meaning boosters and fans, not UT) also pay players performance-related incentives? The Saints' bounty scandal is kind of a violation of the past in relation to college football.

Edited by MuellerHorn

3 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Will you stupid fucks stop saying this, this take has been repeated on this board  ad nauseum for the last 10 years and it has never worked out.

Well, yeah. Because we haven't consistently won lmao.

Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Regarding NIL, Del Conte said he believes there will be federal intervention soon in the form of a narrow antitrust law. “You can have something in Oregon that’s different in Florida, that’s different in Maine, that’s different in Texas. That’s just not how we’re operating. Am I anticipating that [intervention]? Yes.”

If this is the mentality of the our AD leading the program into the SEC then we are setting ourselves up for a massive butt fucking.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

If this is the mentality of the our AD leading the program into the SEC then we are setting ourselves up for a massive butt fucking.

You are stupid. This means he's got his shit together and is doing what's right long term for the program. Rushing into NIL is a recipe for disaster. 

1 minute ago, immamac said:

You are stupid. This means he's got his shit together and is doing what's right long term for the program. Rushing into NIL is a recipe for disaster. 

Except the NCAA is completely impotent and we would we way down the line of violators at this point.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

I sincerely hope that this last month is a situation of our staff keeping things close to the vest and the 9.95ers don't have a clue how to track their activities, but it doesn't feel that way. The NIL thing is concerning, the lack of recruits at the pool party was concerning, the late losses are concerning. Did Sarkisian pivot too hard to development in his coach hirings? We shall see. We know Banks is a volume recruiter, but beyond him I don't really know what to think right now. Winning will certainly help, but to have next to zero lift from the SEC announcement and a net negative when NIL went into effect is unacceptable. We know Jimbo is outright paying players and breaking every rule he can find to break, so we need to return serve or else we are going to be in for a world of hurt. We know that all things being equal, Texas wins out over aggy 9 out of 10 times. So let's level the playing field or this shit will get away from us quickly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

This sounds like the NCAA is going to bust UGA, A&M, Bama any day now for paying players wish casting that has been going on for years. Because if anything has been made abundantly clear, it's that the federal government is barley able to pass any legislation at all much less in a timely manner. So no I don't think waiting on some future federal policy or legislation is a smart move and giving our recruiting adversaries possibly years head start in weaponizing NIL.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Christian Bale Swag GIF

NTTATWWT 

12 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Pretty sure everyone is dealing with players that refuse to get vaccinated.

It's not an exact like-for-like comparison, but Texas was able to get its baseball team fully vaccinated. The football coaches need to remind the players what happened to North Carolina State's baseball team in the College World Series. 

• Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, immamac said:

Yeah if it’s a disaster for us then it is for other schools in the state. Nothing will come of this and nothing will happen to the program. Your line of thinking on this is dumb at best. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TexasFan21 said:

Just win and the rest will take care of itself. Also, it is fucking July for crying out loud, long ways to go before papers will be signed. 

1) "It's only [insert month here]!!1!" is the most overworn, played-out way to dismiss a recruiting failure at this point. At least try to be creative.

2) If you think the Big 12 officials will let us sniff a conference title this season after what we've done, you're in for a rude awakening. We're going to be buried under an avalanche of biased officiating this Fall.

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

1) "It's only [insert month here]!!1!" is the most overworn, played-out way to dismiss a recruiting failure at this point. At least try to be creative.

Normally it kinda is, but in this new NILandscape, I can see it being a bit more accurate as we don't yet know how everything will shake out on that front.

Edited by UncleBuck

1 hour ago, MuellerHorn said:

I'm not going to quote his dumb ass, but aggy is only behind us right now because they have less commits. Their average commit score is almost two points higher than ours. They are outperforming us in recruiting - right now - but that doesn't mean it can't change. We need to win and get NIL up and running to a higher standard.

While, yes, we do have more recruits and they do have a higher average, two of our recruits are a kicker and a long snapper (both of which I'm not convinced aren't going to end up blue shirting). Remove those two from the equation and we are still ahead in total points (by 5) and are only a smidge behind in average per with only 1 more recruit.

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting