Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah if it’s a disaster for us then it is for other schools in the state. Nothing will come of this and nothing will happen to the program. Your line of thinking on this is dumb at best. 

Are they still requiring daily or every other day tests for non-vaxed with no testing for vaxxed (absent close contact)?  If so, surely the vast majority got vaxed if nor nothing else to avoid testing beat down.

16 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah if it’s a disaster for us then it is for other schools in the state. Nothing will come of this and nothing will happen to the program. Your line of thinking on this is dumb at best. 

Dude... its a disaster for the SEC... Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, etc.  Worst vaccine uptake in the country.  They're even worse.  

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Are they still requiring daily or every other day tests for non-vaxed with no testing for vaxxed (absent close contact)?  If so, surely the vast majority got vaxed if nor nothing else to avoid testing beat down.

Yeah, that test isn't fun either unless you like your brain being tickled by a q-tip

6 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Dude... its a disaster for the SEC... Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, etc.  Worst vaccine uptake in the country.  They're even worse.  

Alabama has been pushing all their players to get vaccinated but I still don't know why you replied to my post that was regarding NIL with vaccine talk.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, FWD said:

I thought most universities were requiring all returning students to be vaccinated. How is this even an issue? 

Even if not the covid vaccine, you still have to submit your updated vaccine records with things like the meningitis shot and others before returning to school every fall. I don't understand how some people don't understand that as college students, you have to get vaccinated for other things as well.

3 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Even if not the covid vaccine, you still have to submit your updated vaccine records with things like the meningitis shot and others before returning to school every fall. I don't understand how some people don't understand that as college students, you have to get vaccinated for other things as well.

Well, I have been vaccinated, but I certainly understand the difference between vaccines that have been around for a long time and thoroughly tested versus vaccines on an emergency use authorization.

• Hook 'Em 7

The Stampede: Current state of Texas recruiting, nuggets from Friday visit
MIKE ROACH

(Complete update, across classes.)

Spoiler

The Stampede: Current state of Texas recruiting, nuggets from Friday visit
MIKE ROACH

— The Longhorns have been up and down on the recruiting front over the last few months.  Coming out of the weekend where the Longhorns hosted a big group but a lot of buzz came out of College Station, it’s clear that Texas is up against stiff competition from the Aggies and several other programs.  I spoke to a source in Austin about the first-year bump new head coaches usually get and if they were surprised they hadn’t got an overwhelming jolt.  With 15 commits in, Texas currently ranks No. 11 class in the 247Sports Team Rankings.  This source acknowledged that things have been a little more difficult than they anticipated, but it’s somewhat understandable given the last decade of Texas football.  While summer was supposed to be a period of excitement with visitors getting back on campus in Austin, it also allowed other programs to host these guys.  As of right now, the sources I spoke with are just ready to get to the fall where they can start answering questions on the field.  While any questions about winning and development may seem unfair to hang on a brand-new staff, they know they can answer these questions in the fall when the season starts.  The staff knows they must play well and are excited to get underway so they can start making their own path.

— One area I feel that hasn’t really been broached is the subject of Straight-Line Recruiting. This initiative was pushed by the Texas high school coaches a few years ago to eliminate third parties and make sure communication is going directly through coaching staffs at that level. As I mentioned coming out of THSCA Coaching School, the feedback from high school coaches has been strong with Texas and they’ve had no complaints when it comes to communication. The fact is, every school in the state and several in the region like Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and LSU are held to a lofty standard when it comes to that policy, but other programs aren’t. Some of the programs that are further out of the state haven’t adhered to these policies but are not held to the same standards as those in state. It’s a fine line to walk if you’re Steve Sarkisian to bring awareness to this issue, but I think it’s worth doing and having Chris Gilbert on staff should help get that message across.

— Right now, Texas must be very careful when talking about the move to the SEC while the lawyers try to work things out with the Big 12. I’m not an expert on the process, but I would assume that a bunch of recruits talking on the record about the Longhorns telling them they will be making the jump soon could cost them when it does eventually come time to make an exit. That said, I think there’s a sincere belief from folks in Austin that Texas could be making that move as early as 2022. While that wasn’t publicly communicated to recruits during the weekend visits, I would bet their priority guys in 2022 and 2023 are being kept up to date of any upcoming changes.

—One thing that could change perception a bit is the fact that the next time the Longhorns host visitors, they should be in the new facility within the south end zone. For the last two years, the staff has had to work out of makeshift offices and meeting rooms in the north end zone while construction put together a major upgrade. Now, the team is expected to be back inside Moncrief sometime before the season starts, and season visitors will get the first look at the finished facilities. I don’t expect it to be a major game-changer, but the recruiting staff has been working around a ton of obstacles as construction shut down their regular operation. It will be interesting to hear what visitors say coming out of the first game when they get a chance to see all the new bells and whistles.

— I talked to several parents who were at the event over the weekend. Most of these parents visited earlier in the summer as well and were able to compare this event with the earlier visit. As I mentioned above, many said this visit experience was more comfortable than June when everything was truncated and packed in. One parent I spoke with said “I could tell a big difference between early June and Friday with the staff. They look more relaxed and were having fun with it. It was more organized.”

— Five-star Arlington Bowie offensive lineman Devon Campbell ended up making the trek back to Austin after coming in late June for an unofficial visit. Campbell was dressed in burnt orange head to toe. Of the five-star prospects still on the board, this is the player I have the strongest feeling about when it comes to Texas. Simply put, the Longhorns have a lot of advantages in their corner for the elite big man who was offered by Texas during his sophomore year. Not only have they been recruiting him for a while, but Texas offensive line coach Kyle Flood has been able to develop a strong relationship there. He also has a great relationship with Chris Gilbert who is close with current Bowie head coach Joseph Sam and his former head coach at Bowie Danny DeArman. Campbell is close with DeArman’s son who played with him last year and they all visited together on Friday. DeArman also coached Tope Imade, so he has some history with the program. Campbell wants to make the most of things and take his visits, but Texas has all of those things in their favor plus an opportunity for Campbell to come in and play almost immediately.

— Texas once again rolled out the red carpet for Beaumont Westbrook DB Bryce Anderson. Anderson said he and Jaylon Guilbeau plan to pick a school together and he will be back in Austin for the first game of the season. Anderson said he loved hanging out with Cole Hutson and Connor Robertson during the trip. Anderson said he had a thirty-minute conversation with Steve Sarkisian before the pool party, and he’s looking to see what Texas and Texas A&M do this fall. He really wants to see how he would fit into each scheme. Anderson said the race is a dead tie at the moment, and the fall season will tell the full story of each program. Texas has been pitching Anderson on a role similar to D’Shawn Jamison and Josh Thompson, and Pete Kwiatkowski told him he likes him in the nickel or at free safety. Anderson wants to study business in college, and he said the education and life after football will be big for him.

— Several schools are starting to separate for DeSoto WR Johntay Cook, and the Longhorns are up there along with Texas A&M and Alabama. For Cook, he’s always maintained that September 1 (the date schools can call him directly) will be big to show him who really wants him. He also said that he expects Texas to be dialing at 11:59 that night. This is another case where the Longhorns have some strong connections, and an added boost that could push them over the Aggies is his desire to play with Arch Manning at the next level. While Texas and Alabama are in the thick of it for the five-star passer, Texas A&M already has a quarterback in that class. Cook is looking to make a commitment next spring so he can help build his class, and this fall will go a long way to help him separate from the others. I’d expect Texas to remain in the thick of that race for the entirety.

— If you talk to people about why Rueben Owens decommitted originally, you will likely get many different answers. The five-star El Campo RB certainly wanted to entertain his options and see a bunch of different schools, but there were whispers that there was more to the story. Despite any of that, Owens returned to Austin for the first time since making that decision and it sounds like the visit was a rousing success. Owens and Brandon Harris have a very strong relationship and we were told that this visit went a long way with Owens and his family. Owens spent the day at the pool party before playing what was described as a competitive game of one-on-one basketball with Jaydon Blue. He also spent time with Texas offensive line commits Cole Hutson and Connor Robertson before heading home on Saturday. It’s still early and Owens has proven to be unpredictable at times, but this is a race where Texas can win him back.

— As I said on Friday, the recruitment of five-star Duncanville DL Omari Abor has a flicker of life. Texas had been trying to get him on campus for a long time and finally succeeded. Abor told me the highlight of the trip was a long meeting he had with Steve Sarkisian in which they had a great conversation. This is another recruitment where Chris Gilbert has a connection as well. Abor’s father told me he grew up with Gilbert and played middle school football with him in south Dallas. I still think it’s a longshot to land him, but if you’re Texas, you have to continue to push for a talent like him. Abor has two official visits left in the fall and he plans on using one to go see USC. The other could likely come down to Texas or Texas A&M. Oklahoma was a school that was very much in the picture for him, but he told us the Sooner hadn’t reached out in over a month. If Texas can play well early and get him back for an unofficial trip, they might be able to get that official visit and give themselves a fighting chance against Alabama and Ohio State.

— It’s still really early, but Dickinson cornerback Vernon Glover sounds like a future member of the Texas 2023 class already. Glover visited Austin with his cousin and former Longhorn Jermaine Anderson, and he spoke openly about Texas being the school he loved growing up. When asked on the record, Glover also mentioned that Texas was the outright leader at the moment for him. Glover will want to take his time, and I feel Texas will let him as they figure out the 2023 cornerback picture, but this is a guy to watch when talking about the 2023 class.

— I didn’t get much of a vibe from 2023 Fort Worth All Saints Episcopal WR Chris Palfreeman when talking about Texas. He played everything pretty cool and was complimentary in his praise. If I had to guess right now, it sounded like Texas A&M is the school probably standing out to him now. Palfreeman didn’t seem to be in any sort of hurry, and he was pretty hard to read after the trip.

— It’s still early for 2024 Aledo cornerback Jaden Allen, but it’s hard to see him going anywhere other than Texas provided his brother signs in December or February. Allen and his brother are typically attached at the hip and the two were having a lot of fun together. Jaden doesn’t want to rush into anything and is looking at making a commitment around his junior year. Bryan gave Texas fans a scare after Alabama offered and he visited Tuscaloosa immediately, but he’s been really locked in since that time. He told us after the event that he doesn’t really talk to other schools and is just focused on winning his third state title this season.

—The Longhorns put an offer on the table for Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei LB Eoghan Kerry. Kerry hasn’t been shy about mentioning that Texas is the offer he’s wanted. Kerry visited with his uncle who is a Texas alum and said his expectations were exceeded on the trip. Kerry is a very pragmatic kid who wants to think things through and not decide based off emotion. I’d imagine Texas becomes a very strong contender there with a decision expected before the season.

—2023 Eaton TE Jaden Platt is still new to the recruiting process, but the intriguing prospect said he loved the trip and his conversation with Steve Sarkisian and Jeff Banks. Platt does want to make a decision by the end of the season this fall. Platt transitioned to the tight end position last year after playing quarterback and his camp performances earned him offers this spring. He’s still wide open at this point, but I can see that race involving Texas and Texas A&M down the stretch.

— Kvon Sherman and Brendan Bett both came to campus without offers and left without offers. Both could gain offers given a strong fall season Sherman could be a fit at the linebacker position depending on how things work out with guys like Eoghan Kerry and Lander Barton. Bett is a 2023 defensive lineman with incredible size. I think he’s a guy who could explode onto some major radars this fall.

— Derrick Brown made his commitment official over the weekend. Brown ended up making his commitment and video a few weeks ago after some back and forth between Texas and Baylor, and he stayed overnight after the event to make his commitment on-site at DKR. In the end, Texas sold him on the fit in the defense and a need. I’ve said for a while that Brown is impressionable and Baylor likely won’t fade away in this recruitment. Texas will need to stay on him to make sure they keep him committed, but this was a big get for the Longhorns at a position of need. It was truly a team effort with Jeff Choate, Pete Kwiatkowski, Chris Gilbert, and Blake Gideon all involved. At THSCA coaching school, Choate and Kwiatkowski made sure to spend some time with Texas High head coach Gerry Stanford even though the video was already in the can.

—Jaylon Guilbeau said he’s re-evaluating schools with TCU and Texas A&M joining Texas as his finalists down the stretch. Guilbeau said he had a long conversation with Steve Sarkisian on his return trip to Austin and he appreciated the coaches for treating him the same despite the decommitment. Guilbeau committed early and didn’t really get to have the recruiting experience. If Texas keeps pressing, they could reel him back in, but the fall season will tell the story.

—Texas running back commit Jaydon Blue snuck into the event late and spent some time with a few players like Guilbeau, Bryce Anderson, Armani Winfield and Rueben Owens. Blue said he’s locked in on his commitment and not talking to any other schools. I’ve been hearing growing buzz that Blue will likely play this fall despite his decision to opt-out. I was also told by a source that the Texas staff has been vital in helping to bridge the gap between Blue and the high school. It wouldn’t surprise me to see an announcement in the next few weeks.

— Quency Wiggins spoke highly of the visit experience and said Texas solidified itself in his Top 3. Alabama and LSU will likely be the main competitors, but Texas is set to get him back on an official visit this fall. Wiggins said seeing Austin up close changed his mind about Texas and the move to the SEC makes it even better for him. Brandon Harris has some connections at his school. Wiggins is focused on development but he said it’s anybody’s game right now. A decision will likely come in December.

— 2023 Baton Rouge (LA.) Woodlawn cornerback Jordan Matthews said the visit to Texas opened his eyes to the Longhorns. He said he connected well with Terry Joseph who is also from Louisiana. Matthews said he has no list of programs standing out, but he’s open to leaving the state and wants to major in business at the next level. Playing early and playing on a big level is big for him. Getting a Louisiana kid away from LSU is always tough, but Matthews said he loved the city and vibes and can’t wait to come back.

— Elite Denton Ryan EDGE Anthony Hill said he wasn’t surprised when he heard about Texas moving to the SEC and felt it was a good move. Hill said he was excited to see the guys and talk to coaches. Hill has been in contact with Steve Sarkisian, Pete Kwiatkowski and Chris Gilbert. Hill said he doesn’t know when he will narrow anything down but they will be a school that’s definitely in the picture for him down to the end. Hill is close with Ja’Tavion Sanders and Austin Jordan, but he said he will make his own decision.

— Temple ATH Mikal Harrison-Pilot made the short trip up to campus with his family. Blake Gideon has been all over Harrison-Pilot, and he and the staff have been able to connect with Pilot’s father who is a coach at Temple. In fact, I was told the family feels that there is a much better vibe at Texas than there was before. It’s still too early for anyone to make a move here, but Texas is positioning itself well when it comes to Harrison-Pilot.

—2023 Flower Mound Marcus WR Ashton Cozart made the trip back after being at TCU in the morning. Things have been picking up recently with Cozart and Texas and the Longhorns are positioned well alongside TCU and Oklahoma. It will probably take some time for this recruitment to shake out, but Texas moved up for him a bit after this visit. In the end, relationships are going to be the biggest factor for Cozart. AJ Milwee was also involved in hosting Cozart and he made a strong impression on his parents.

— 2024 DeSoto DE Caleb Mitchell made his second trip to Texas this summer. The Longhorns did well offering him early on and his father is a Texas alum. Mitchell was able to see more of campus this time as he got a full tour and a lot of love from the staff. I was told that Bo Davis is a guy they really like, and he’s connected with them. It’s still way too early for Mitchell who likely won’t make a commitment for at least another year, but Texas and Texas A&M seem to be standing out early.

— Southaven (MS.) Aaron Bryant announced that he will make his decision on August 26. Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M and Ole Miss are also in the mix. While the Rebels were expected to be a heavy favorite, the most buzz right now is on the Longhorns. A big reason for that is Bo Davis and the connection the two have been able to make. Texas did a great job with Bryant on the visit in June, and I believe Ole Miss would like to see this play out a bit further to be confident. Bryant has been a priority for Texas up front and the Longhorns could be poised well right now.

• Hook 'Em 3

53 minutes ago, ioueleventybilliondollars said:

giphy.gif

CR will be sneaking over to the recruiting board in 3...2...1....

Came here to post this. Please for the love of all that’s holy leave this thread free of this fucking covid shit. Bad teammate jimmy jaz and Dennison have lubed up each other’s assholes at the thought of the discussion. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Well, I have been vaccinated, but I certainly understand the difference between vaccines that have been around for a long time and thoroughly tested versus vaccines on an emergency use authorization.

then, 13 minutes later

6 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I definitely don't want that discussion here. I just said why this isn't like all the other vaccine requirements. It's disingenuous to pretend it is.

truly impressive....

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, immamac said:

You are stupid. This means he's got his shit together and is doing what's right long term for the program. Rushing into NIL is a recipe for disaster. 

Normally I would agree, but we don't have the luxury to wait and see what comes of NIL and some supposed federal intervention when it comes to recruiting.  Texas should be able to dial it up to bring in recruits now.  If they need to dial it back, shut it down and start over, etc. that shouldn't be too tall a task.

I mean fuck, the NIL should be a home fucking run for us in recruiting and, at best, right now it's a fucking wash.  At worst, we're being lapped by the Oregon's of the world.  We've got fuck you money.  This is one of those times where we should be saying 'fuck you' to our competition.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Anyways our NIL is so fucked up....

Its pretty fucking sad when OrangeBloods is leading the way for our school.  This should be a no-brainer - it would take 5 minutes to put together a meet and greet so that a bunch of football/basketball/baseball players can get paid.

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Its pretty fucking sad when OrangeBloods is leading the way for our school.  This should be a no-brainer - it would take 5 minutes to put together a meet and greet so that a bunch of football/basketball/baseball players can get paid.

CTJ explained why that is happening I do believe....

9 minutes ago, Jester said:

Normally I would agree, but we don't have the luxury to wait and see what comes of NIL and some supposed federal intervention when it comes to recruiting.  Texas should be able to dial it up to bring in recruits now.  If they need to dial it back, shut it down and start over, etc. that shouldn't be too tall a task.

I mean fuck, the NIL should be a home fucking run for us in recruiting and, at best, right now it's a fucking wash.  At worst, we're being lapped by the Oregon's of the world.  We've got fuck you money.  This is one of those times where we should be saying 'fuck you' to our competition.

You guys are naive little titty babies. NIL is not the instant solution any of you are thinking. It's about long term sustainable marketability and revenue, not short term we signed a dude for 1M for a sneaker deal shit. Some of you really have no idea how the world works, just stick to sniffing 16-18 year old jock straps. (not directed solely at jester)

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

I was trying to find some results for the new LB offer, and I stumbled on this tidbit. My Dad is going to be pissed when I tell him. He'll have to amend one of his favorite trivia questions.

"In addition, Mater Dei is one of only two high schools in America that has produced two Heisman Trophy winners."

Edited by Ricky Butler

6 hours ago, Fud said:

Posting here since there are some common targets

Pierogi on A&M’s recruiting weekend 

Reveal hidden contents

I’ve talked to a number of people and gotten feedback from players and other sources. This past weekend was absolutely huge for A&M. Here are some notes on guys that were there.

-I am going to put in an A&M Crystal Ball prediction for national top-50 ATH Deyon Bouie. A&M was in really good shape with him after his unofficial visit early in June and nothing has changed on that front. He spent the whole weekend again for a second time and it helped even more. I think there’s a chance you could see something happen soon but, even if not, I think it will be A&M.

Also, A&M is recruiting him at corner. However, with the numbers of defensive backs the Aggies are still in on, the possibility that have fans mentioned of him playing offense is not out of the question. If A&M lands a bunch of other guys in the secondary, A&M loves his potential as a wideout as well. A&M is okay with taking six DBs and lowering the number in the 2023 class. So, depending how many others join, Bouie to offense is a possibility.

-Bear Alexander is also very high on A&M. I put in a Crystal Ball for him after he decommitted from Georgia and I still like it. I think he and Bouie end up at the same place and, like Bouie, a decision could come soon. But, even if not, the Aggies have reason to feel good.

-Just like after his official visit weekend, I still feel good about A&M landing Harold Perkins. He still plans to wait until the Under Armour game to announce, but there’s a chance he could do it sooner. LSU is still in it as well but the Aggies are in really good shape.

-I still also like where A&M is with Chris Marshall. I shared in another thread that Marshall has only taken two official visits and only ‘might’ take on to Alabama this fall. He says he still wants to wait until after the season but A&M has made him a priority and it’s something he likes.

-Bryce Anderson and Jimbo Fisher had their conversation on Saturday and I’ve heard that went really well. He’s a big fan of Fisher and Fisher is really wanting him on board. A ton of Anderson’s good friends are currently committed to A&M and others are leaning that way and that helps a ton.

His plan now is to be at Texas’ home opener and then a game at A&M not long after and then make a decision. A&M is in good shape there. The Longhorns are still in it, but this weekend went a ways with the Aggies’ momentum.

-The Jacoby Mathews recruitment is going to be really interesting to follow. He left very high on A&M. However, going back to Louisiana and getting pressure about LSU is always something worrisome. But, he is close with Anderson so, if Anderson ends up at A&M, that is going to help with Mathews a ton. There is a lot cautious optimism on Mathews.

-As far as Jaylon Guilbeau, I think he could be a victim of the numbers. While he is friends with Anderson, they are not a package deal. They have had fun with that idea on social media but it’s not something that is set or anything. I think Guilbeau is a big fan of A&M and would commit but I don’t think there will be room.

-On the other hand, while things have not completely been settled on this front, I think Julian Humphrey will have a spot in the class. And I think he will end up an Aggie.

-On the one negative front, I don’t think A&M is in the best shape with Kam Dewberry at the moment. While most think Ohio State is the one to beat after his official visit last month, I would watch out for Oklahoma as well. The Sooners are very much in that one. A&M is not out of it but has a lot of work to do.

-I have not heard a ton on the defensive linemen that were in town but you saw the update that Shemar Stewart is returning for an official during the Alabama game. The Aggies are back in it for Omari Aboras well and will likely get him on campus for an official. I know Walter Nolen had a good time but have not heard yet how realistic A&M’s chances are with him just yet.

-Also, while we have not been told by anyone that was 100-percent sure he wasn't there, but no recruits saw Denver Harris there. Either way, he’s a longshot for A&M. Alabama is in really good shape there and actions speak louder than words. He wasn’t at Texas on Friday and if he wasn’t at A&M, that is telling.

Really sucks that I now trust Perroni more than our 9.95ers 

43 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I know whenever I don’t want something brought up in a thread, I make multiple comments about it that will certainly trigger further responses. 

I know whenever I want to get one last shot in on something I don't want brought up in a thread I make a comment about those comments. 

47 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Chris Plonsky finds the idea reprehensible. How could even think that could be ok?

NIL should be what levels the field with the SEC for us and even lets us pull ahead.  Not only do we have the boosters to pay as much as anyone else, we are also sitting in the largest metro in the country without major pro sports*.  Think of all the local commercials that MLB/NBA/NFLers do to pick up extra cash.  In theory tons of those opportunities can now go to longhorns.  Those opportunities available in Austin should be much more lucrative that shilling for the top combine dealer in the Brazos valley.

I still think we get there eventually but to say we've been caught flat-footed is an understatement.  I just hope the athletic department isn't actively trying to thwart it to protect their sponsorships and donations.

*The guys wearing green striped shirts and kicking a ball around don't count.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, texasdago said:

Must have misread something... just pointing out that someone was talking about vax/no vax sides on the team.  If its a problem at Texas, then it will most likely be a problem in the heart of SEC country.  Didn't mean to make it about vaccines but get one, dummies. 

3 hours ago, Lou_Sassle said:

While, yes, we do have more recruits and they do have a higher average, two of our recruits are a kicker and a long snapper (both of which I'm not convinced aren't going to end up blue shirting). Remove those two from the equation and we are still ahead in total points (by 5) and are only a smidge behind in average per with only 1 more recruit.

They also have a kicker, and he's ranked lower than ours. To be fair, you either need to remove their kicker or add ours back in. Either way you look at it, we have 2 more commits. Their average is higher, and there's only a ~10 point difference. That's the equivalent of a high 3 star. So, unless their next two commits are both low 3 star players, they are objectively ahead of us. It's not a huge difference, but to argue otherwise is disingenuous. Either way, I heard someone say if we just win then the problem will take care of itself. Thought that was a unique perspective so I'm not gonna get too worked up about anything right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

You guys are naive little titty babies. NIL is not the instant solution any of you are thinking. It's about long term sustainable marketability and revenue, not short term we signed a dude for 1M for a sneaker deal shit. Some of you really have no idea how the world works, just stick to sniffing 16-18 year old jock straps. (not directed solely at jester)

this reminds me of the time a fortune 50 IT Director argued against implementing google analytics as a short-term, additional data point to try and help them understand why they were hemorrhaging revenue at the bottom of the funnel because "it's free until it isn't." 8 years and untold amounts of lost revenue later they're still fucking around implementing their long-term martech stack vision while continuing to lose market share to smaller, more agile competitors. 

2 hours ago, immamac said:

You do realize that's exactly who we are trying to recruit 

5 minutes ago, mr. littlejeans said:

this reminds me of the time a fortune 50 IT Director argued against implementing google analytics as a short-term, additional data point to try and help them understand why they were hemorrhaging revenue at the bottom of the funnel because "it's free until it isn't." 8 years and untold amounts of lost revenue later they're still fucking around implementing their long-term martech stack vision while continuing to lose market share to smaller, more agile competitors. 

Spanish What GIF

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, mr. littlejeans said:

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

Spanish What GIF

BRO! Do you not even Fortune 50 IT? No wonder Surly is so far down the list of sport-fan-site conglomerates.

I have google analytics. We do 10 times the traffic of orangebloods and we do more traffic than texassports.com most months. Is that why? I didn't know Google analytics was the reason we were succeeding. 

Oh and it's free, but I feel like I owe them money now that I've been enlightened. 

Fuck it let's just ignore UT compliance and just give some guy on the roster 100k, WCGW? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

I have google analytics. We do 10 times the traffic of orangebloods and we do more traffic than texassports.com most months. Is that why? I didn't know Google analytics was the reason we were succeeding. 

Oh and it's free, but I feel like I owe them money now that I've been enlightened. 

Fuck it let's just ignore UT compliance and just give some guy on the roster 100k, WCGW? 

Sounds good to me!

Also why did we not get partnered with on3? Like wtf?

(Justin Wells) JTEN: Top recruiting targets talk UT/SEC news, post-event

When the Texas Board of Regents voted to accept the Southeastern Conference's invitation to join the 14-team league on Friday, the news quickly trickled into the locker room and around the recruits on campus for the BBQ/pool party. We caught up with several recruits who visited and how the impending move affects their view of the Texas Football program. Enjoy the evening news.

RB Jamarion Miller, Legacy (Tyler, TX) (TEXAS) - 2022: "It's cool, but I don't really care. I just play football."

WR Johntay Cook, DeSoto (DeSoto, TX) - 2023: "Most definitely. (Texas) was telling us how they have like four years left (in the Big 12), but there's a buyout next year. (UT) to the SEC is big because now you can go to Texas and play in the SEC. It can't get any better than that."

WR Chris Palfreeman, All Saints (Fort Worth, TX) - 2023: "A little bit," Palfreeman said about UT mentioning the move. "They said they were still under contract with the Big 12. Overall, it really doesn't matter to me. As long as I play, I don't mind."

OL Devon Campbell, Bowie (Arlington, TX) - 2022: “My reaction is, let’s do it. Let’s take over the SEC. Texas and OU going to the SEC are going to be good for the programs. I’m looking forward to it.” Campbell added: “Texas has always been a top school for me, and it’s going to stay like that.”

DE Omari Abor, Duncanville (Duncanville, TX) - 2022: “It changes. At first, I was like it doesn’t have anything to do with me. They said 2025. Then, they started telling me ‘nah, it’s going to be a year, a year or two.’ So, I’m thinking like, ‘maybe Texas might be the one.’” He explained how he heard about the news: “I was at home and somebody called me. They were like ‘hey man, Texas may be going to the SEC.’ So, I’m like, ‘oh really. Okay. Let me look into it.’ So, I started looking into it, but it said 2025. I’m like, ‘okay, it’s not going to have anything to do with me.’ Then when I came here, Coach Steve (Sarkisian) started telling me more about the whole situation. Now, it’s got me thinking about it and second-guessing myself. Now I really have to talk to my parents about the whole situation.”

DL Quency Wiggins, Madison Prep (Baton Rouge, LA) - 2022: "With (Texas) moving to the SEC, it makes it better. I can now see myself at Texas to be honest."

CB Jordan Matthews, Woodlawn (Baton Rouge, LA) - 2023: "Growing up around the SEC, I think it's great for Texas and great for the SEC."

DB Vernon Glover, Dickinson (Dickinson, TX) - 2023: "Coach Sark talked to us about why you come to Texas, how it's good for us and benefits us. But (SEC) doesn't really matter to me."

CB Jaden Allen, Aledo (Aledo, TX) - 2024: "It means a lot," said Allen, the little brother of 2022 pledge BJ Allen. "(SEC) plays like they're the best. Great competition."

DL Ashton Porter, Cy-Ranch (Cypress, TX) – 2023: “It’s a big part. I actually want to play in the SEC... They’re bigger and faster and stronger.” More from Porter on how often it was brought up during his visit: “They brought it up a little bit, and what separates them about being in the SEC.”

DB BJ Allen, Aledo (Aledo, TX) (TEXAS) – 2022: “I’m very excited. We’ve got more competition and can show the SEC teams what we can do.”

LB Kvon Sherman, Pearland (Pearland, TX) – 2022: “(Texas) talked about it in the meeting. It’s not really a big issue to me. I just want to play ball.”

EDGE Derrick Brown, Texas High (Texarkana, TX) (TEXAS) – 2022: “I really didn’t care too much because I already had my mind figured out where I was going to go.”

ATH Mikal Harrison-Pilot, Temple (Temple, TX) - 2023: “It plays a big role because I love the SEC. Them joining that, that makes even more of an interest for me coming to Texas. It’s the best competition there is in football.”

TE Jaxon Howard, Robbinsdale Cooper (Minneapolis, MN) – 2023: “They said 2025 they’ll be going, or maybe even earlier than that, I’m not sure. They’re not scared. They ain’t scared of nobody. They’re ready to go knock some heads off and I think that’s going to be something I think about, especially in the future. I want to play the best. Let’s get at it.”

DL Caleb Mitchell, DeSoto (DeSoto, TX) – 2024: “It’s definitely big. Now they’ll play Texas A&M, Bama, big schools like that, Auburn.”

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Sounds good to me!

Also why did we not get partnered with on3? Like wtf?

They didn't call me or email me. I was wondering the same thing, like wtf. 

I'm going to say it again, verbal commits don't matter a single bit. Once the product on the field is shown it will make or break this class. 

• Hook 'Em 5

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting